JMO but children should be held with parents > 20 days so long as deportation is expeditious

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
HHS could find 50 immigration lawyers they could hire as "special masters," set up "court rooms" in temp housing (trailers) and run through 50 families a day TIMES 50.

I did Medicaid and disability hearings before administrative judges in fucking hotel rooms back in the day, and there was no due process problem. And I represented the citizens not the state.

Trump administration may seek to detain migrant families longer than previously allowed

HHS could find 50 immigration lawyers they could hire as "special masters," set up "court rooms" in temp housing (trailers) and run through 50 families a day TIMES 50.

I did Medicaid and disability hearings before administrative judges in fucking hotel rooms back in the day, and there was no due process problem. And I represented the citizens not the state.

Trump administration may seek to detain migrant families longer than previously allowed
The trump administration has executive power and republican majority house and senate. It's all on them.

Holy crap, some rational thought. Not used to that here.

Thanks.

Yep, we appear to have somewhat of a bottleneck there. Soooooo.. we fix the bottleneck.

Frankly though, I think we'd much rather just scream and look for political advantage.

MANY of the "children" have no parents. There are buttloads of teenage gangster primed boys. On top of that sex & child trafficking is a huge problem.
Separating the children from the adults is the most prudent thing to do.

MANY of the "children" have no parents. There are buttloads of teenage gangster primed boys. On top of that sex & child trafficking is a huge problem.
Hey, Gramp! I see the boogy man got to you good. The whole lot is M13 recruited out of LA, right? A modern-day Children's Crusade out to stamp out democracy as violently as possible, and only one man (of the super sort) can fix it, right?.

Hey, Gramp! I see the boogy man got to you good. The whole lot is M13 recruited out of LA, right? A modern-day Children's Crusade out to stamp out democracy as violently as possible, and only one man (of the super sort) can fix it, right?.
Not the boogeyman, the news. Something the left never gets because all their news channels talk about is Trump, the big bad meanie.

Funny you don't share the same position on Russian oligarch immigrants?

Human trafficking of both minors and adult women for the purposes of forced sex & virtual slave labor is a problem that many apparently would rather pretend doesn't exist

Human trafficking of both minors and adult women for the purposes of forced sex & virtual slave labor is a problem that many apparently would rather pretend doesn't exist

They do not care and that is the reality.

I can take them to the East to Southeast side of Houston and show them how this work but they prefer not to know.

The reality is local police are also involved in the trafficing of minors and women for the Sex Slave business and it come through ports of entry like Brownsville, Laredo and El Paso but something many do not know it happen a lot more through smaller port of entries like Del Rio and Eagles Pass where the check points are more relaxed.

For the left child sex slaves is fictional but in reality millions of children and women suffer daily and no one really cares except in election years...

Expeditious deportations would be much more effective as a deterrent. Flood them with examples of people who wasted extraordinary time and money trying to cross illegally, and fewer people will be inclined to do the same. By keeping these people in the system for years on end, their neighbors back home are given the mistaken impression that immigrating illegally works.

landmines/wall/drones/boobytraps/etc
don't cross the border--go to the embassy/consulate in YOUR country

Set up a facility in Southern Mexico to process asylum seekers.

Fleeing gang violence is not grounds for asylum.

Expeditious deportations would be much more effective as a deterrent. Flood them with examples of people who wasted extraordinary time and money trying to cross illegally, and fewer people will be inclined to do the same. By keeping these people in the system for years on end, their neighbors back home are given the mistaken impression that immigrating illegally works.
Oh I agree. We can legally NOW send back any family detained within 100 miles of border within 14 (or20?) days of their detention because we presume they are "newly arrived." Trump unilaterally and for political purposes stopped doing that and put children in cages because Stephen Miller and Ole Jeff thought that was a winner ... and it was with white supremicists. It disgusted most of us, however.

We should use expedited removal, and Obama should be given credit for doing so.

Deported Without Seeing A Judge: One of the Worst Parts of the Immigration System

But that does nothing for people who are detained and who have been here illegally and made it past the 100 mile point

But my post had more to do with the "catch and release" folks Obama ordered just released into society with a "promise" from them that they and their kids would show up at a future court date months or years down the line. That's what understandably set off Ole Jeff. It's like having a law and not enforcing it.

To be fair to Obama, he only did this after the more recent Flores decision told him he couldn't hold families indefinitely. He actually had facilities built that were sort of like motels for families ... only with fences. Then the court told him he couldn't hold them. I think the Court was wrong to put such a short holding period on it, since the people were in no hurry themselves, but it is what it is.

We could deport 40 families a day per "special master" or new judge. Trump didn't like it because it would actually afford these people the due process they are legally entitled to, and some might get legal status as refugees, but that is also the law, and law should be enforced. But hire 50 judges and put them in cheap modular/trailers and work the backlog of cases to the tune of 1000 per week or so. Imo when people in other countries see laws being enforced they'll stay home, where they belong ... unless they have some good reason to think they won't be shipped back and have even less to go back to than they have now.

Forum List

Back