Jobless claims drop to lowest level in eight years

Tell that to the 16 thousand HP employees and 19 thousand IBM employees. Lot's of Indians to take up that slack.

Thank you, come again.

As an American, aren't you happy that jobless claims have dropped?

Do you want America to fail?
Of course they do, their MessiahRushie told them what to hope for.

October 31, 2008
RUSH:* Joe the Plumber.* Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

March 27, 2013
RUSH: We're talking about schadenfreude. You know what schadenfreude is. That is loving, that is enjoying the discomfort of others

here we go.....if you dont agree with Ed.....you must be Rush listener....what else could you be?....

As an American, aren't you happy that jobless claims have dropped?

Do you want America to fail?
Of course they do, their MessiahRushie told them what to hope for.

October 31, 2008
RUSH:* Joe the Plumber.* Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

March 27, 2013
RUSH: We're talking about schadenfreude. You know what schadenfreude is. That is loving, that is enjoying the discomfort of others

So, how many times daily do you jerkoff thinking about Rush? You seem more than a little obsessed.

:lol:

and if you notice he is the only person here who quotes the guy....i dont even see that with the far righties here.....Ed is the biggest Rush listener here.....

Why The Layoffs At Microsoft Are Bad News For Salesforce.com - Forbes

18,000 at microsoft laid off. more to come

How many gave up trying to get a job after unemployment benefits ran out?

6.1% unemployed BFS.

And now, coming from the 'No News IS Good News' Dept.: Effective June 30, 2013, under Obama, the Bureau of Labor Statistics stopped tracking and reporting layoffs.

You can now please resume your normal activities working your three part-time jobs.....:lol:.

The post-recession economy has undergone the slowest recovery in 70 years. In addition to more than 8 percent unemployment, labor force participation has fallen sharply since the recession began in December 2007. Today, almost 6 million Americans are working or searching for work. The drop in unemployment since 2009 is almost entirely due to the fact that those not looking for work do not count as unemployed. Demographic factors explain one-quarter of the decreased labor force participation. The rest comes from increased school enrollment and more people collecting disability benefits. Six percent of U.S. adults are now on disability insurance. This is no time to make it more difficult for businesses to create jobs.
Not Looking for Work: Why Labor Force Participation Has Fallen During the Recession

... and the labor participation rate is the lowest in 40 years... people have given up. And why shouldn't they? The Dems have made it pretty clear that nobody should have to work.

they should give up. The jobs that left America and landed on the steps of the lowest bidder in another country will never be replaced EVER. Blame corporate greed. Not one POTUS is responsible. AND don't blame it on Bush either. He gave corporations tax breaks while they were here, and incentives to come back to America after they left.

... and the labor participation rate is the lowest in 40 years... people have given up. And why shouldn't they? The Dems have made it pretty clear that nobody should have to work.

I thought the unemployment numbers were the most important economic indicator to conservatives. Why the sudden shift to Labor Participation Rate?

Why didn't conservatives mention the Labor Participation Rate when it dropped every year under Bush?

what made you think that?

Certainly nothing conservatives would have told you.

To the contrary, unemployment numbers are difficult to compare and analyze seeing as the quantity of "those that are of working age" is constantly increasing....and those that can work but don't want to work anymore is constantly increasing.

Unemployment numbers is a political tool and nothing more.

they should give up. The jobs that left America and landed on the steps of the lowest bidder in another country will never be replaced EVER. Blame corporate greed. Not one POTUS is responsible. AND don't blame it on Bush either. He gave corporations tax breaks while they were here, and incentives to come back to America after they left.

you seem to have a hard on for corporate greed.

Lets see how honest you are.

Do you buy ONLY products made in America with American made parts.....or do you buy the less expensive products made overseas or with parts made overseas?

If you do what most Americans do...then you are buying from a "greed" standpoint for you want to get more for your money.

Do you buy ONLY products made in America with American made parts.....or do you buy the less expensive products made overseas or with parts made overseas?

If you do what most Americans do...then you are buying from a "greed" standpoint for you want to get more for your money.

look at IBM mentioned here... in fact just pick a company name

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/popups/exporting.america/content.html

who wouldn't have a hard on ? You?

I do what I can, where I can, when I can.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/popups/exporting.america/content.html

why the list of companies?

I know companies ship jobs overseas. But it is not from a "greed" standpoint. It is because they are in it to make money and the best way to make money is to grab a piece of the market share and the best way to grab a piece of the market share is to have competitive prices and the best way to have competitive prices is by keeping your operating costs as low as possible and the best way to keep operating costs as low as possible is to operate where the cost to operate is the lowest.

Is that greed or is that smart business?

I know companies ship jobs overseas. But it is not from a "greed" standpoint. It is because they are in it to make money and the best way to make money is to grab a piece of the market share and the best way to grab a piece of the market share is to have competitive prices and the best way to have competitive prices is by keeping your operating costs as low as possible and the best way to keep operating costs as low as possible is to operate where the cost to operate is the lowest.

It's also common sense. If I owned a corporation that had to pay a 35% tax with an avg. additional state tax of 4%, for a whopping 39%, I'd get the fuck outta this place also!

why the list of companies ... try and keep up

keeping jobs in America and having americans spend their $ in America is smart business ... in fact, it worked like a charm throughout history didn't it?

The post-recession economy has undergone the slowest recovery in 70 years. In addition to more than 8 percent unemployment, labor force participation has fallen sharply since the recession began in December 2007. Today, almost 6 million Americans are working or searching for work. The drop in unemployment since 2009 is almost entirely due to the fact that those not looking for work do not count as unemployed. Demographic factors explain one-quarter of the decreased labor force participation. The rest comes from increased school enrollment and more people collecting disability benefits. Six percent of U.S. adults are now on disability insurance. This is no time to make it more difficult for businesses to create jobs.
Not Looking for Work: Why Labor Force Participation Has Fallen During the Recession

What happened 70 years ago?

An even biggerRepublican economic collapse.

It's also common sense. If I owned a corporation that had to pay a 35% tax with an avg. additional state tax of 4%, for a whopping 39%, I'd get the fuck outta this place also!

No corporation pays 39% tax.

The average effective corporate tax rate in the US is 12.7%.

why the list of companies ... try and keep up

keeping jobs in America and having americans spend their $ in America is smart business ... in fact, it worked like a charm throughout history didn't it?

I asked why the list of companies because I am well aware that many corporations ship jobs overseas. I did not need you to prove it to me with a list of companies.

Sure, it worked like a charm until the government starting to levy regulations, higher taxes....not to mention opening the door for cheaper goods and services being imported to compete with US made.

You seem to think it is all the fault of the companies.

Run with that and see how far it gets you.

6.1% unemployed BFS.

And now, coming from the 'No News IS Good News' Dept.: Effective June 30, 2013, under Obama, the Bureau of Labor Statistics stopped tracking and reporting layoffs.

You can now please resume your normal activities working your three part-time jobs.....:lol:.

Indeed. These boot-licking clowns fool no one. The only son-of-a-bitch "prospering" right now is Obama - he gets to take another "well deserved" vacation - after doing nothing but fund raising for his Nazi followers.

Barry wakes up every day and starts his day like this:

Last edited by a moderator:

6.1% unemployed BFS.

Link?

Cause as far as I can see, they haven't "stopped" anything.

Mass Layoff Statistics Home Page

What is the labor participation rate?

How many people have been downsized to part time since Obamacare came to be?

There were 9,216,000 working part-time for economic reasons when the ACA was signed, there are 7,544,000 working part-time for economic reasons now. So there are LESS people downsized to part-time work since Obamacare came to be. The fact that you thought otherwise just shows how dishonest your sources of disinformation are, but you will not abandon them.

Table A-8. Employed persons by class of worker and part-time status

If you look at the number of people who have taken part time jobs because they say that's all they could find...you'll see that your own web site shows 1676 (in thousands) in Jan. of '09 and 2648 in June of '14. That's a brutal statistic, Winger and explains why overall household incomes are down under Barack Obama. People are making less money because there aren't enough jobs out there. People are forced to take part time jobs because that's all there is and their unemployment benefits have run out after YEARS of collecting!

Last edited:

is an economic indicator that is a lot more complicated than the unemployment rate. As the LPR indicates we're definitely "not there yet" still the drop in unemployment is signifigant and encouraging. LPR is a factor that economists themselves debate. There's a pretty good article on it here. The Baby Boomer impact as well as other constituents of the indicator are discussed. I'll give you a couple of the highlights...

"Aging baby boomers, those Americans born between 1946 and 1964, account for approximately half of the drop in the labor force participation rate since 2007, according to a report released Thursday from the White House Council of Economic Advisers. The remaining decline stems from “cyclical factors” fairly typical of historic economic recessions and more difficult-to-explain “residual factors” from the crisis.Family-friendly policy changes noted in the report include paid and sick leave, high quality day care and support for part-time work. The absence of such policies in the U.S. could explain about a quarter of the decline in women’s participation between 1990 and 2010."

AND,

"As more people start filling open job positions, the unemployment rate declines and participation rises – therefore removing so-called “slack” in the labor market – the economy will reach full employment. Blinder says this could be when the unemployment rate falls to 5.25 or 5.5 percent, down from its current 6.1 percent. This would put downward pressure on wages, providing a boost to low-income individuals."

"Besides the fact U.S. businesses have added 1.4 million jobs this year, the best six months since 1990, Furman said, a full recovery is “not there yet.”

6.1% unemployed BFS.

Link?

Cause as far as I can see, they haven't "stopped" anything.

Mass Layoff Statistics Home Page

https://mninews.marketnews.com/inde...ls-mass-layoffs-report-casualty-sequestration

Or everybody will assume the whole post originated from your butt.

united-states-unemployment-rate.png

Forum List

Back