Joe Biden is reportedly 'planning first major tax hike in almost 30 years'

So maybe you can answer this question that I have asked repeatedly.

Given that from 2011 to 2019 the US government has collected over 40 billion dollars annually from the federal gas tax why is it we have to raise income taxes to pay for infrastructure repair when gas tax revenues are supposed to be earmarked for that purpose?

And that's nothing compared to what transportation companies have to pay in diesel and mileage tax. They have to pay tax per mile on each axle over two. A normal tractor-trailer has five axles.

If we can be honest here, road workers are all union workers. Who do union workers normally vote for?

It seems very clearly that the so called conservatives, supporters of trumpism and all around kooks on the far right want free things. They don't want to pay taxes to rebuild the rusting infrastructure as well as the million little things that they enjoy with thanks to government on all levels for the people.

We're fine with paying taxes, but fair taxes. Only a little over 50% of our population pay actual income taxes, and no, payroll taxes are not really income taxes.

The "commies" were not supposed to fund the wall. "Mexico is going to pay for the wall". Remember?

We really could care less who paid for it, as long as it was built. Given how much it costs taxpayers to have these people here, not to mention the lowering of wages for American workers, a couple billion dollars is an investment that we actually get paid back and more.

Commie Care was supposed to offer good plans for a good price. In fact saving a family $2,500 year in premiums. What happened to that? They don't even have a plan for my provider, and it's one of the most popular places in the country.

If that is what you call that comprehensive relief plan----- a "pork plan", I'll take it any day. What does a plan without "pork " look like? I know, I know! It looks like the Trump huge tax reduction, space force, and wall plan that Mexico was going to pay for. Now that's a plan!!

A Covid relief plan is for people affected by Covid. Whether you're working or not, you get or got that $1,400. WTF do we need to spend 10 million dollars on preserving Native American language? Why does it take 38 billion dollars to open schools back up? We used to do it for nothing every fall. Somebody goes there, unlocks the doors and the students go into the school.

While businesses closed or are closing left and right, especially in commie cities, they gave 500 million dollars to the arts, humanitarian society, and libraries. WTF does that have to do with Covid? Prior to that they gave 70 million to the Kennedy center.

The Pork bill is paying off their constituents, that's mostly what it is.

Given that from 2011 to 2019 the US government has collected over 40 billion dollars annually from the federal gas tax why is it we have to raise income taxes to pay for infrastructure repair when gas tax revenues are supposed to be earmarked for that purpose?

And that's nothing compared to what transportation companies have to pay in diesel and mileage tax. They have to pay tax per mile on each axle over two. A normal tractor-trailer has five axles.

If we can be honest here, road workers are all union workers. Who do union workers normally vote for?
Diesel and aviation gas taxes are included in the revenue.

But I agree there are more transportation related taxes and most people don't know about them.

I think you are punchy. That wall is a total waste and that is why the "commies" have refused more funding, especially when The Blob's estimates were inaccurate.
Surprise, surprise! Also, that wall was constantly being breached by drug traffickers, human trafficers, and migrants. There has to be a better way, even though border patrols were increased dramatically. But the Blob knows "more about technology than anybody", yes?

Trump constructed that wall using input from the border patrol and the army corps of engineers. Waste of time? Then why is there a wall around the Capital today?

Walls have worked every place they are used here and around the world. So why do the commies hate it? Because when in power, they can change laws, they can change policies, they can reduce the border patrol. But once a wall is up, it's there to stay. Removing it would demonstrate to the entire country that the Democrat party is an open border party.

Diesel and aviation gas taxes are included in the revenue.

But I agree there are more transportation related taxes and most people don't know about them.

I'm no longer working, but I know what my last employer paid in taxes. I drove trucks for 30 years.

The "commies" were not supposed to fund the wall. "Mexico is going to pay for the wall". Remember?

We really could care less who paid for it, as long as it was built. Given how much it costs taxpayers to have these people here, not to mention the lowering of wages for American workers, a couple billion dollars is an investment that we actually get paid back and more.

Commie Care was supposed to offer good plans for a good price. In fact saving a family $2,500 year in premiums. What happened to that? They don't even have a plan for my provider, and it's one of the most popular places in the country.
Whether you care or not is irrelevant. Trump said that Mexico would pay. He did not say that if Mexico would not pay, then the American taxpayer would pay. Trump was not allocated funding for a project that has questionable results. Think for yourself for a change.
I just want to see the immigrant problem resolved and the wall was not doing the job.

I think you are punchy. That wall is a total waste and that is why the "commies" have refused more funding, especially when The Blob's estimates were inaccurate.
Surprise, surprise! Also, that wall was constantly being breached by drug traffickers, human trafficers, and migrants. There has to be a better way, even though border patrols were increased dramatically. But the Blob knows "more about technology than anybody", yes?

Trump constructed that wall using input from the border patrol and the army corps of engineers. Waste of time? Then why is there a wall around the Capital today?

Walls have worked every place they are used here and around the world. So why do the commies hate it? Because when in power, they can change laws, they can change policies, they can reduce the border patrol. But once a wall is up, it's there to stay. Removing it would demonstrate to the entire country that the Democrat party is an open border party.
You are so brainwashed that you can't see the light of day. You compare the fence around the Capitol to the wall? Put a fence up then that is like the Capitol fence. The Capitol fence can be scaled and it is limited. We can not patrol the wall due to its length which leaves it open to penetration.
The "commies" this and the "commies" that. You are full of it. Walls have not worked every place they have been used here--not even close. Trump uses input from NOBODY. He uses his "gut" to make decisions. He knows "more about technology than anybody." And you trust this big fat blob? Is he a role model for your kids?

All this spending from Clinton to Biden need to paid sooner or later, so open your checkbook and write your check to the IRS or your grandchildren will be paying the bill instead!

All this spending since Coolidge you mean.

Coolidge was the last president to actually reduce the debt 92 years ago
Actually not true.
Actually very true

You'll notice Coolidge is the last president to actually decrease the debt.

All this spending from Clinton to Biden need to paid sooner or later, so open your checkbook and write your check to the IRS or your grandchildren will be paying the bill instead!

Actually not true.
Actually very true

"Silent Cal. Didn't say anything. Didn't do anything"

Actually not true.
Actually very true

"Silent Cal. Didn't say anything. Didn't do anything"

You are so brainwashed that you can't see the light of day. You compare the fence around the Capitol to the wall? Put a fence up then that is like the Capitol fence. The Capitol fence can be scaled and it is limited. We can not patrol the wall due to its length which leaves it open to penetration.
The "commies" this and the "commies" that. You are full of it. Walls have not worked every place they have been used here--not even close. Trump uses input from NOBODY. He uses his "gut" to make decisions. He knows "more about technology than anybody." And you trust this big fat blob? Is he a role model for your kids?

Yes Trump does listen to people, a lot of people. His original idea was a solid concrete wall. The Border patrol suggested something see through so they can spot problems before they arrive, and that's what Trump did. The fence around the Capital will keep most if not all out who might wish to approach it again, even though there is very little possibility of that. It was a one-time event by a lot of yahoos, many of them arrested and will be locked up.

The US Border Patrol never got involved in politics before. But both times they threw their support behind Trump, because they knew that his plans will help them out greatly, and I think they know more about what will and won't work than you can ever dream up.

Whether you care or not is irrelevant. Trump said that Mexico would pay. He did not say that if Mexico would not pay, then the American taxpayer would pay. Trump was not allocated funding for a project that has questionable results. Think for yourself for a change.
I just want to see the immigrant problem resolved and the wall was not doing the job.

It's not the wall alone, it's a multiple-layer effort that includes the wall. It's also technology and border patrol as well. Trump stopped most of illegal immigration to our country; a 90% drop of crossers between March of 2019 and the end of that year.

You want to see the immigration problem resolved, and you voted for Dementia????? Well.......look how well your plans worked out. In a little over a month he turned our border into a giant mess.

Yes Trump does listen to people, a lot of people. His original idea was a solid concrete wall. The Border patrol suggested something see through so they can spot problems before they arrive, and that's what Trump did. The fence around the Capital will keep most if not all out who might wish to approach it again, even though there is very little possibility of that. It was a one-time event by a lot of yahoos, many of them arrested and will be locked up.

The US Border Patrol never got involved in politics before. But both times they threw their support behind Trump, because they knew that his plans will help them out greatly, and I think they know more about what will and won't work than you can ever dream up.

The border patrol threw their support behind Trump because of his belligerent manner of solving the immigrant problem.

It's not the wall alone, it's a multiple-layer effort that includes the wall. It's also technology and border patrol as well. Trump stopped most of illegal immigration to our country; a 90% drop of crossers between March of 2019 and the end of that year.

You want to see the immigration problem resolved, and you voted for Dementia????? Well.......look how well your plans worked out. In a little over a month he turned our border into a giant mess.
You voted for the Blob and the problem has not been resolved, in spite of your protestations. It was in existence when Biden took office, just building on the other side.
I believe that since you drove trucks for 30 years, you have a narrow view of things.
You are on the road and are not exposed to reading or researching. You listen to certain radio shows that spread hate and misinformation, and that is all you are exposed to.

The gas tax money has obviously been used for other projects, whatever they may be.

Forum List

Back