John 3:16 means you have to be Christian to get into heaven

For example, if a person has no interest in knowing God, loving God or serving God in this life, what do we think would happen at the moment of death that suddenly gives them the desire to know, love, and serve God?
Speaking for myself, I'd say it is the difference between being told there is a God and discovering for oneself there is a God. With that knowledge, I'd surely choose to know, love, and serve God. There are no atheists in heaven or hell.

Speaking for myself, I'd say it is the difference between being told there is a God and discovering for oneself there is a God. With that knowledge, I'd surely choose to know, love, and serve God. There are no atheists in heaven or hell.

Yes. Keep in mind knowing there is a God (discovering God) comes with burdens of its own. It is indeed possible. If it does not seem possible or if one has reached their own conclusion there is no God, then certainly pursuing the traits of God (goodness, justice, and love) and believing in the rightness of them is a good introduction to God and who He is.

If it does not seem possible or if one has reached their own conclusion there is no God, then certainly pursuing the traits of God (goodness, justice, and love) and believing in the rightness of them is a good introduction to God and who He is.
I take no issue with pursuing the traits of goodness, justice, and love. Unfortunately, if you ask any two people what they mean, Christian or non-Christian, you'll likely get at least two opinions.

If it does not seem possible or if one has reached their own conclusion there is no God, then certainly pursuing the traits of God (goodness, justice, and love) and believing in the rightness of them is a good introduction to God and who He is.
I take no issue with pursuing the traits of goodness, justice, and love. Unfortunately, if you ask any two people what they mean, Christian or non-Christian, you'll likely get at least two opinions.

If you ask two people to describe the nature of God you get 50 contradictory answers.

All of us are unique beings with unique lives. The best any of us can do is to bring goodness, justice, and love into the portions that make up our own lives. In a song of praise it says, "And peace on earth to men of good will." It has often cause me to reflect that while peace may not come to the entire earth, it does come to people of good will.

It has often cause me to reflect that while peace may not come to the entire earth, it does come to people of good will.
Nice sentiment but I'm not sure the facts support it. How many, otherwise good people, are tormented by external or internal things beyond their control. I personally believe homosexuality is not a choice. I know a few gay people and, except for being gay, they are just like the rest of us. Things are better today but when I was young they would never have found peace. I'm sad to say there are many people, gay or straight, that will never find peace.

Nice sentiment but I'm not sure the facts support it. How many, otherwise good people, are tormented by external or internal things beyond their control. I personally believe homosexuality is not a choice. I know a few gay people and, except for being gay, they are just like the rest of us. Things are better today but when I was young they would never have found peace. I'm sad to say there are many people, gay or straight, that will never find peace.

Isn't this suggesting that true peace can be found in one's sexuality? Or one's health? True peace can be had despite one's sexuality, health, or other external factors. It is found in God, or lacking belief in God, then good will is the next best option.

All of us are unique beings with unique lives. The best any of us can do is to bring goodness, justice, and love into the portions that make up our own lives. In a song of praise it says, "And peace on earth to men of good will." It has often cause me to reflect that while peace may not come to the entire earth, it does come to people of good will.

Unless a person has a direct experience of God the best they can do is guess.

Yes. Keep in mind knowing there is a God (discovering God) comes with burdens of its own. It is indeed possible. If it does not seem possible or if one has reached their own conclusion there is no God, then certainly pursuing the traits of God (goodness, justice, and love) and believing in the rightness of them is a good introduction to God and who He is.

Surely Mithras is merciful...Jupiter reigns supreme, and Asherah is a cruel master of the universe, and Trident is the tastiest of them all...

See what I'm getting at?

Isn't this suggesting that true peace can be found in one's sexuality? Or one's health? True peace can be had despite one's sexuality, health, or other external factors. It is found in God, or lacking belief in God, then good will is the next best option.
Have to disagree. You forget we are social beings. There are a few who can be perfectly happy living alone, most of us need to be part of a greater something, church, family, culture, whatever.

I want to know which rabbis in which generation pulled the wool over millions of people by imposing upon them a lifestyle out of nowhere.
This is your question based on nothing I have said.
Do the research...the entire history of the Jews is on the Internet.

From what I heard, the history sounds a lot like the long list of maledictions promised by Moses for not conforming to the way that he taught to follow the law.

Maybe thats just a coincidence.....

I want to know which rabbis in which generation pulled the wool over millions of people by imposing upon them a lifestyle out of nowhere.

From what I heard, the history sounds a lot like the long list of maledictions promised by Moses for not conforming to the way that he taught to follow the law.

can you expand on that idea ^^^^ ??? I do not recall any "MALEDICTIONS"
attributed to Moses

attributed to Moses

Deuteronomy 28:15-68

So, as a non-believer, once I'm dead I'll go to hell and be given opportunity to be saved? I'm a non-believer because I don't see evidence for God but once I'm dead it will be obvious there is a God won't it? I'd guess everyone will accept the obvious and be saved. If that is the plan why doesn't God reveal himself in this world?

Not being a Universalist (a belief everyone will be with God), I see it a bit differently. I don't see automatic assignment of anyone to either heaven or hell. For example, if a person has no interest in knowing God, loving God or serving God in this life, what do we think would happen at the moment of death that suddenly gives them the desire to know, love, and serve God? In Catholic school we were taught not to picture hell as a fiery furnace, but as a separation from God. If one desires this separation, then one may choose it.

"If one desires this separation, then one may choose it."

And if that is an informed choice based on the evil, immoral piece of shit described as god in the Bible, then any suffering that person then endures is God's fault, for not having revealed himself as something better to that person.

See, this is the problem with all of your quasi-philosophical equivocating: it's not very well thought out. You make these arbitrary rules which you "kinda, sorta feel" are true, but they all end up being problematic, in any rational analysis. and, humans are "blessed" with rational minds.

attributed to Moses

Deuteronomy 28:15-68

moses said ALL THAT? for a guy "slow of speech" he certainly knew how to SHOOT THE BREEZE

So, as a non-believer, once I'm dead I'll go to hell and be given opportunity to be saved? I'm a non-believer because I don't see evidence for God but once I'm dead it will be obvious there is a God won't it? I'd guess everyone will accept the obvious and be saved. If that is the plan why doesn't God reveal himself in this world?

Not being a Universalist (a belief everyone will be with God), I see it a bit differently. I don't see automatic assignment of anyone to either heaven or hell. For example, if a person has no interest in knowing God, loving God or serving God in this life, what do we think would happen at the moment of death that suddenly gives them the desire to know, love, and serve God? In Catholic school we were taught not to picture hell as a fiery furnace, but as a separation from God. If one desires this separation, then one may choose it.

And if that is an informed choice based on the evil, immoral piece of shit described as god in the Bible, then any suffering that person then endures is God's fault, for not having revealed himself as something better to that person.

See, this is the problem with all of your quasi-philosophical equivocating: it's not very well thought out. You make these arbitrary rules which you "kinda, sorta feel" are true, but they all end up being problematic, in any rational analysis. and, humans are "blessed" with rational minds.
then any suffering that person then endures is God's fault, for not having revealed himself as something better to that person.

There are no atheists in heaven or hell.

there is no reason to believe there is a necessity to accomplish anything more than the individuals own experiences throughout their lives bearing those consequences for them to be admitted to the Everlasting. guidance were it accurate is certainly helpful that no longer exists though with any of the corrupt desert religions is the very reason for an individual to live their own lives if their pursuit is to accomplish remission and is possible for everyone.

from Antiquity, the example given for success by the Almighty is the Triumph of Good vs Evil as that outcome will be the determining factor for the final Judgement for Admission.

There are no atheists in heaven or hell ...

are you saying all atheist are evil ... whatever may be the judgement for retribution for anyone would be hell.

Ask: Is God truly evil, or am I misunderstanding the translations of ancient stories?

Forum List

Back