John 3:16 means you have to be Christian to get into heaven

Ask: Is Bible God truly evil, and am I just interpreting the stories conveniently in order to clean up the morality?

And, to be clear, my declaration of an evil god is on par with declaring that Zeus was a real shit. Well, he was, right? It's whimsical. I think that the god described in the Bible is heinous. That's an easy point to argue. One can only quote the Bible to make this argument. It is you who will then be the one equivocating; assigning allegory and metaphor on your own authority; picking and choosing which words to take literally, based on a changing standard never fully revealed; etc., etc. Have you ever asked yourself why this is so? Why your position requires so much more effort... so much higher a degree of demand for suspension of incredulity... so many more "shell game" tactics, in waiting on the other person to speak to a verse or story, then revealing to them which words are literal and which aren't (as prescribed for whatever talking point was already on the table, every single time) .... why you must not only make the demand that you are right, but that so many billions of others are not only wrong, but cannot possibly be right?

That's quite the rational mountain you have to climb, not only to convince another, rational, adult human, but also to convince yourself. Thus, the required suspension of incredulity. And then follows faith. If it works for you, great. But you probably should not try to fool well-off adults with this stuff and, instead, should focus on children and desperate people (starvation and dehydration are gold mines for proselytizing, especially starving and dehydrated children).

Ask: Since I am a non-believer, is the Bible any of my business?

It is definitely mine, because after an experience of God's love for all of us, I wondered how ancient Jews could have missed this. Thus began a study of the Hebrew language, culture, Judaism--and a skimming over of other religions. I was already quite familiar with Greek and Roman mythology.

Here is part of what I discovered. The culture of the time, and both well-known flood stories, had the same perspective. The perspective they had was in terms of tribe. The authors of both Gilgamesh and Noah began with the tribe not only acting badly, but acting so badly it dismayed and annoyed the supernatural. They were in agreement that the tribe of mankind deserved to be wiped out. But God did not do this. In both stories, God preserved mankind--and chose a man known for righteousness for this.

In story after Bible story I took on, this perspective of tribe prevailed. Think back to classroom days to get a sense of this perspective. Teachers can do it more easily, thinking of times a class was good--or a
class was completely horrible. Do you remember a time when the entire class was punished--or rewarded--although not every single person was horrible or although there was a classmate or two who could have done better? And, if at recess (or the locker room), an entire class began tormenting another class (usually a younger, newer class), did not justice descend swiftly on the offending class?

Looking through the eyes of Jews, looking through the eyes of tribe, very different stories emerges than the one some outsiders today insist on retelling today from the perspective of an individual who does not know the history, the culture, or the original language. Kindergartners have a very different perspective of school than the principal. In respect to the Bible, non-believers are like Kindergartners who do not see the school from the same perspective as the principals and teachers.

Instead of coming across as a children who have no learning, non-believers (in my opinion) would do better to stick with what they know. Tell of how beneficial it is not to have to worry about the Bible and interpreting the passages properly; no church to fit into one's personal schedule, the fun holidays can be without religious traditions encroaching, that good people, if left alone, can be a better version of themselves without religion muddying the waters. Don't tell us what is wrong with us/religion/Bible/Quran--tell us what is right about your philosophy.
People have lived for thousands of years on the Indian subcontinent, in China, Japan, North and South America, on the Pacific Islands, in the British Isles, and really, the Roman Empire, and elsewhere, The Abrahamic faiths were concentrated in the Middle East. Nobody did much intercontinental traveling in those days. I seriously doubt that any Supreme Being, supposedly responsible for all of creation, would actually condemn anyone who did not know of certain religious heroes from the Middle East. This simply would not make any sense.

No kidding. What kind of idiot would tell his story to a small handful of people in the bronze age, then expect everyone else to know about it? Did I mention the Bible God is evil? Apparently, he's also a moron.

where do you find in ANY OF THE ANCIENT scriptural writing-----that persons FAR AWAY MUST KNOW MY RELIGION or THE HEROES OF MY RELIGION. --------

the moron is you

People have lived for thousands of years on the Indian subcontinent, in China, Japan, North and South America, on the Pacific Islands, in the British Isles, and really, the Roman Empire, and elsewhere, The Abrahamic faiths were concentrated in the Middle East. Nobody did much intercontinental traveling in those days. I seriously doubt that any Supreme Being, supposedly responsible for all of creation, would actually condemn anyone who did not know of certain religious heroes from the Middle East. This simply would not make any sense.

No kidding. What kind of idiot would tell his story to a small handful of people in the bronze age, then expect everyone else to know about it? Did I mention the Bible God is evil? Apparently, he's also a moron.
Their world was, and remains, too small. I think that there is a Universal Spirit, at least I would like to think so, but what is being marketed in the U.S. and other places, doesn't come close.
Just a little treat (and I am am an Irish/Russian person, conceived, born and raised in New Jersey:

We are all here together on this Earth.

Probably south jersey-----where they keep the cows and invented canned soup
Nope. Northern New Jersey. A mere 30-minute bus-ride away from Port Authority, Radio City, Washington Square, St. Patrick's, The Cathedral of Saint John the Divine, Lincoln Center, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Guggenheim, Radio City, the Waldorf (where my parents met in an elevator). Too rich here for your taste?
At least go back to #442. Listen to the Congolese Christian mass.

Nope. Northern New Jersey. A mere 30-minute bus-ride away from Port Authority, Radio City, Washington Square, St. Patrick's, The Cathedral of Saint John the Divine, Lincoln Center, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Guggenheim, Radio City, the Waldorf (where my parents met in an elevator). Too rich here for your taste?

howdy neighbor

howdy neighbor
Really. Nowdy! Hope you liked the Mass. Always one of my favorites. Bergen county girl. Born at Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, NJ.

Ask: Is Bible God truly evil, and am I just interpreting the stories conveniently in order to clean up the morality?

And, to be clear, my declaration of an evil god is on par with declaring that Zeus was a real shit. Well, he was, right? It's whimsical. I think that the god described in the Bible is heinous. That's an easy point to argue. One can only quote the Bible to make this argument. It is you who will then be the one equivocating; assigning allegory and metaphor on your own authority; picking and choosing which words to take literally, based on a changing standard never fully revealed; etc., etc. Have you ever asked yourself why this is so? Why your position requires so much more effort... so much higher a degree of demand for suspension of incredulity... so many more "shell game" tactics, in waiting on the other person to speak to a verse or story, then revealing to them which words are literal and which aren't (as prescribed for whatever talking point was already on the table, every single time) .... why you must not only make the demand that you are right, but that so many billions of others are not only wrong, but cannot possibly be right?

That's quite the rational mountain you have to climb, not only to convince another, rational, adult human, but also to convince yourself. Thus, the required suspension of incredulity. And then follows faith. If it works for you, great. But you probably should not try to fool well-off adults with this stuff and, instead, should focus on children and desperate people (starvation and dehydration are gold mines for proselytizing, especially starving and dehydrated children).

It is definitely mine, because after an experience of God's love for all of us, I wondered how ancient Jews could have missed this. Thus began a study of the Hebrew language, culture, Judaism--and a skimming over of other religions. I was already quite familiar with Greek and Roman mythology.

Here is part of what I discovered. The culture of the time, and both well-known flood stories, had the same perspective. The perspective they had was in terms of tribe. The authors of both Gilgamesh and Noah began with the tribe not only acting badly, but acting so badly it dismayed and annoyed the supernatural. They were in agreement that the tribe of mankind deserved to be wiped out. But God did not do this. In both stories, God preserved mankind--and chose a man known for righteousness for this.

In story after Bible story I took on, this perspective of tribe prevailed. Think back to classroom days to get a sense of this perspective. Teachers can do it more easily, thinking of times a class was good--or a
class was completely horrible. Do you remember a time when the entire class was punished--or rewarded--although not every single person was horrible or although there was a classmate or two who could have done better? And, if at recess (or the locker room), an entire class began tormenting another class (usually a younger, newer class), did not justice descend swiftly on the offending class?

Looking through the eyes of Jews, looking through the eyes of tribe, very different stories emerges than the one some outsiders today insist on retelling today from the perspective of an individual who does not know the history, the culture, or the original language. Kindergartners have a very different perspective of school than the principal. In respect to the Bible, non-believers are like Kindergartners who do not see the school from the same perspective as the principals and teachers.

Instead of coming across as a children who have no learning, non-believers (in my opinion) would do better to stick with what they know. Tell of how beneficial it is not to have to worry about the Bible and interpreting the passages properly; no church to fit into one's personal schedule, the fun holidays can be without religious traditions encroaching, that good people, if left alone, can be a better version of themselves without religion muddying the waters. Don't tell us what is wrong with us/religion/Bible/Quran--tell us what is right about your philosophy.

where do you find in ANY OF THE ANCIENT scriptural writing-----that persons FAR AWAY MUST KNOW MY RELIGION or THE HEROES OF MY RELIGION. --------

the moron is you

Literally on almost every page, dumbass. It's the only path to salvation, according the that evil bronze age rag.

the moron is you

Literally on almost every page, dumbass. It's the only path to salvation, according the that evil bronze age rag.

nope--------it don't. In the time of the "holy roman empire" of Imperialist pig CONSTANTINE-----the NT was written in SUPPORT of DA HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE and its Emperor----in order to read the NT with appreciation of its literary value-----you need to TEASE CONSTANTINE OUT OF THE STORY. Scholars have been so disgusted with him----that some refuse to believe that he was really a Christian. He came after the Bronze age. The holy roman empire is
WESTERN CIVILIZATION.----world imperialism------Islam
(ie muhummad) got it from CONSTANTINE

howdy neighbor
Really. Nowdy! Hope you liked the Mass. Always one of my favorites. Bergen county girl. Born at Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, NJ.

sheeeesh -----walking distance from my childhood home------
WE ARE GOING TO SMASH YOU ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD~~~~~~again and forever

the moron is you

nope--------it don't. In the time of the "holy roman empire" of Imperialist pig CONSTANTINE-----the NT was written in SUPPORT of DA HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE and its Emperor----in order to read the NT with appreciation of its literary value-----you need to TEASE CONSTANTINE OUT OF THE STORY. Scholars have been so disgusted with him----that some refuse to believe that he was really a Christian. He came after the Bronze age. The holy roman empire is

Read the verse in the OP. It says what it says. What kind of evil moron makes that a condition, and then ensures that nearly everyone alive at the time (and many still today) would never know about it?

Of course, it makes more sense to believe that the evil moron Bible God is a myth, invented by flawed men, than it does to believe he exists.

the moron is you

Read the verse in the OP. It says what it says. What kind of evil moron makes that a condition, and then ensures that nearly everyone alive at the time (and many still today) would never know about it?

Of course, it makes more sense to believe that the evil moron Bible God is a myth, invented by flawed men, than it does to believe he exists.

that's JOHN ---of the book of revulsions----invented at the NICEAN thing---------it was an EMPIRE BUILDING THING----
something along the lines of the DEIFIED muhummad---
CONSTANTINE did it

the moron is you

that's JOHN ---of the book of revulsions----invented at the NICEAN thing---------it was an EMPIRE BUILDING THING----
something along the lines of the DEIFIED muhummad---
CONSTANTINE did it

Uh....so you just conceded my point about what was in the Bible. Well THAT was easy. Have a nice night

From what I heard, the history sounds a lot like the long list of maledictions promised by Moses for not conforming to the way that he taught to follow the law.

Maybe thats just a coincidence.....

can you expand on that idea ^^^^ ??? I do not recall any "MALEDICTIONS"
attributed to Moses
And what come after the Admonition?
But what comes after dismisses the New Convenant Story.

I don't know
The Jews will return to God, perform the Commandments and rebuild the Temple.
Christians are hypnotized to ignore many verses in the Torah and Tanach overall.
They have nothing.

For as long as you believe that the sanctuary of God is a man made temple and sacrificing farm animals is performing the commandments you will never find God.
Bullcrap...No Scripture, no proof.
Checkmate.

howdy neighbor

sheeeesh -----walking distance from my childhood home------
WE ARE GOING TO SMASH YOU ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD~~~~~~again and forever
baby. Who cares? I thohgt that we were talking about spiritual and cultural things, not some playing of an athletic of a playing of a game.

can you expand on that idea ^^^^ ??? I do not recall any "MALEDICTIONS"
attributed to Moses
And what come after the Admonition?
But what comes after dismisses the New Convenant Story.

I don't know
The Jews will return to God, perform the Commandments and rebuild the Temple.
Christians are hypnotized to ignore many verses in the Torah and Tanach overall.
They have nothing.

For as long as you believe that the sanctuary of God is a man made temple and sacrificing farm animals is performing the commandments you will never find God.
Bullcrap...No Scripture, no proof.
Checkmate.

Check mate?? lol... congratulations! You're a real winner!

The sanctuary of God means something closer to divine providence, the promise for complying with divine law.

The messiah is expected to lead people to the sanctuary of God which was not made by human hands and is already in existence which precludes the possibility that the sanctuary of God is a man made temple.. Moses stated that after his death you would turn aside from the way he taught to follow, take to degrading practices, and defile yourself with the work of your hands. When Moses said that you must be careful to heed his words and do everything required in the law, under penalty of death, before there was a Temple, what do you think he meant? Study the Talmud that didn't exist when the law was given and slaughter farm animals in a man made Temple that didn't exist when the law was given?

Yahtzee! lol....

Jesus led people to the sanctuary of God by revealing the only right way to understand and conform to the divine commands that leads to the promise of life in and with God.

Do you really believe that the divine commands have been on hold, impossible to perform, without a man made building on a tiny piece of real estate?

Pft.

Try to understand that what you never heard before I have been ruminating over for more than 40 years while you were diligently memorizing the wrong way to follow the law.

You have no idea what else you have never heard before.

be open.

You might want to take a closer look before you start prancing around like a fool in the wrong end zone.

Last edited:
Hobie----there are medications for persons suffering from your affliction

lol.. Thanks Rosie.. I'm good. I have turned the bloody wine back into pure water and filled my cup with the elixir of life that was buried in a hidden chamber of a secret vault a very long time ago.

Anyway, I already know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy..

Last edited:

lol.. Thanks Rosie.. I'm good. I have turned the wine back into water and filled my cup with the elixir of life that was hidden in a secret vault a very long time ago.

a "VAULT" ???? ---------

"I will give you treasures from dark vaults, hoarded in secret places...."

lol.. Thanks Rosie.. I'm good. I have turned the wine back into water and filled my cup with the elixir of life that was hidden in a secret vault a very long time ago.

a "VAULT" ???? ---------

"I will give you treasures from dark vaults, hoarded in secret places...."

I have no doubt that the poetry of Isaiah can be SHOEHORNED into a magical prediction of the
birth of the great and holy pal of allah----muhummad

Forum List

Back