🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

John Lewis Says Voter ID Laws Are 'Poll Taxes By Another Name'

sorry....they now have vote by mail...or didn't you realize that...........and I imagine that the number of people you have created who live in tiny log cabins in the vast remote wilderness can vote if they want to.....but the othe 320 million people can easily get voter id.....so please.....

So, having conceded that it's OK with you that even one person be disenfranchised through poll taxes then let's discuss whether you have any limit on how many should be denied their right to vote.

Go ahead....throw out a number!

The only reason to have these so called voter ID laws is to disenfranchise certain specific constituencies. End of story.

No matter how many times you repeat that line of bullshit, it is still bullshit!
It's hard to make a lie out of something the GOP admits to...
6 Other Times Republicans Admitted Voting Restrictions Are Just About Disenfranchising Democrats - The National Memo
We, of course, would prefer no one voted Democrat, but we seek only at this point to restrict illegal aliens and dead people from voting Democrat.
Well you can say that, but it isn't true. A fair vote doesn't favor the GOP, which is why they try and stop people from voting.

All you have to do is issue every American a photo ID, like other nations do for their citizens, but you won't because that helps you not at all.
A fair vote favors Democrats???? Nixon would have been elected in 1960 if we had had a fair vote, or are results only fair when you win?

Shut up and buy me a gun! I have the right to keep and bear arms and dammit I don't have enough guns. And no! I won't show you my ID or submit to a background check.
Hurry up now! I'll expect my gun in 5 minutes. I saw a black guy walking this way.
There is no more reason for you to show an ID to buy a gun than there is to vote. Clear now?
So, why did I have to show ID, submit to a check and have my purchase recorded for posterity?

Let me see links to posts where you have advocated eliminating background checks for firearm purchases.
Background checks? No, those are allowed. Give your name and get a gun, the delay you might face is up to your state, but no photo ID is necessary for that, buying beer, or voting. They all came along long before photo ID was even invented.

And the solution is easy, issue everyone an ID. That's what other nations do...
Why background checks for purchasing guns but not voting? If you don't require ID to purchase firearms, what is the point of a background check? I could be a diagnosed homicidal maniac and claim to be the pastor at the local Methodist Church and who could dispute it?Much the same, without ID, I could be 17 year old Jose who snuck in from Guadalajara and claim to be John Brown, born in Foley in 1960.
I could go for a free government issued ID as long as it contains no tracking capability.
I just want to make people prove they are eligible to vote before they do.

Because you're all about fairness.
Yes. And you're all about agenda.

Yep and the supremes struck that pre-clearance shit down and you commies cried like babies. BTW your link is a bit behind the times, TX has had the ID requirement the last two election cycles. Since the TX law is written like the ID laws of other States that have been approved by the supreme court, TX will prevail. So get you another beer and cry in it, I don't want to hear your whining.
If you wish to be proud about the fact that many Texans can't vote, that is on you.

Funny, I only heard about 1 person who bitched last election and from all appearances she was a plant who just did't get an ID so the left could point at her and say, see we told you this would happen. BTW voter turnout was higher during the midterms than usual. Any more tears?
They are your votes, that don't count because they can't be cast. That's no skin off my nose, at least not in Texas. At least the lawyers are happy.

Texas Voter ID Law Back In Court On Discrimination Challenge - NBC News

Daily Document Justice Department Brief Challenges Texas Voter ID Law National Law Journal

Yep, your dear leaders boy holder just couldn't keep his racist nose out of it He's wasting your tax dollars, aren't you pissed?
Not in the slightest. I'm a Liberal so unlike you I stand up for the rights of others.
As long as those rights don't interfere with leftist agenda. Screw my right to speak out against the current POTUS without being called a racist. Screw my right to argue against EPA rules without being called a denier. Screw the rights of unborn children and law abiding gun owners.

The only reason to have these so called voter ID laws is to disenfranchise certain specific constituencies. End of story.

No matter how many times you repeat that line of bullshit, it is still bullshit!
6 Other Times Republicans Admitted Voting Restrictions Are Just About Disenfranchising Democrats - The National Memo
We, of course, would prefer no one voted Democrat, but we seek only at this point to restrict illegal aliens and dead people from voting Democrat.
Well you can say that, but it isn't true. A fair vote doesn't favor the GOP, which is why they try and stop people from voting.

All you have to do is issue every American a photo ID, like other nations do for their citizens, but you won't because that helps you not at all.
A fair vote favors Democrats???? Nixon would have been elected in 1960 if we had had a fair vote, or are results only fair when you win?
A fair vote means a fair vote, poor people and darkies also.

sorry....they now have vote by mail...or didn't you realize that...........and I imagine that the number of people you have created who live in tiny log cabins in the vast remote wilderness can vote if they want to.....but the othe 320 million people can easily get voter id.....so please.....

So, having conceded that it's OK with you that even one person be disenfranchised through poll taxes then let's discuss whether you have any limit on how many should be denied their right to vote.

There are no poll taxes...those are illegal....voter id can be had for free from your state, and they will come to you to get that id to you....you can use the same id you use to cash checks, rent hotel rooms, buy booze, open a savings account, open a checking account......or drive a car, use a credit card.....and if you don't do any of those things......then you can just get a state id just to vote......

If you wish to be proud about the fact that many Texans can't vote, that is on you.

Funny, I only heard about 1 person who bitched last election and from all appearances she was a plant who just did't get an ID so the left could point at her and say, see we told you this would happen. BTW voter turnout was higher during the midterms than usual. Any more tears?
They are your votes, that don't count because they can't be cast. That's no skin off my nose, at least not in Texas. At least the lawyers are happy.

Texas Voter ID Law Back In Court On Discrimination Challenge - NBC News

Daily Document Justice Department Brief Challenges Texas Voter ID Law National Law Journal

Yep, your dear leaders boy holder just couldn't keep his racist nose out of it He's wasting your tax dollars, aren't you pissed?
Not in the slightest. I'm a Liberal so unlike you I stand up for the rights of others.
As long as those rights don't interfere with leftist agenda. Screw my right to speak out against the current POTUS without being called a racist. Screw my right to argue against EPA rules without being called a denier. Screw the rights of unborn children and law abiding gun owners.
Fetuses don't have rights, not for a while. On the rest, knock yourself out until we send the Second Amendment packing, which we have a right to do.

Ever notice how smoothly the democrat types use racist terms for their minority friends.....how easily they don black face behind closed doors, or use the n-word when they post.....all while trying to attribute it to conservatives/tea party/libertarians.............

There are no poll taxes...those are illegal....voter id can be had for free from your state, and they will come to you to get that id to you....you can use the same id you use to cash checks, rent hotel rooms, buy booze, open a savings account, open a checking account......or drive a car, use a credit card.....and if you don't do any of those things......then you can just get a state id just to vote......
It's not the IDs, which have to be free, it's getting the records that some Americans do not and never have had since they weren't required. You shouldn't need ID to buy a gun, and you shouldn't need it to vote. For 230 it wasn't required.

Ever notice how smoothly the democrat types use racist terms for their minority friends.....how easily they don black face behind closed doors, or use the n-word when they post.....all while trying to attribute it to conservatives/tea party/libertarians.............
I do it to make a point. You guys call them violent lazy ******* all day long, you just aren't honest about it.

Sounds good to me. Anyone that is such a worthless piece of shit that they can't get an ID, shouldn't have a say to begin with.
I'll let most of humanity, throughout all of human history, born with papers, made aware of said fact. Tell us, if you don't have a certain document that we like to see, do you still have rights?
Voting isn't a right, having the ability to set the course for your nation is a privilege. If you are such a dreg that you can't get basic paperwork to prove who you are, you shouldn't be afforded this important privilege.
No photo ID, no gun, no rights. Got it.

Then how do you explain the fact that 31 out of 50 states have GOP governors? Governors are elected by statewide popular vote.

Tell me, seriously, how do all of these supposedly "disenfranchised" people buy beer, wine, and cigarettes, all of which require the showing of a photo ID to purchase? And do they never fly on planes, which require the showing of a photo ID to board? Also, do they never use credit cards, since many stores ask to see photo ID before letting you use your credit card? Do they have no cell phones, since at least two major phone companies require the showing of photo ID to establish and/or change cell phone contracts?

Why oh why should we spend millions of dollars on a national ID card when every state already issues photo ID cards, either in the form of a driver's license or non-license ID cards, to all who apply for one and who provide the required verification documentation? WHY? Ah, but there's the rub: the verification documentation.
Do the research yourself on how many people in this country don't have the paperwork but do have the right to vote, and are being denied that. It will do you good.

It's like this: Pennsylvania Ruling Shows the Problem With Voter ID Laws The Nation

It's not the IDs, which have to be free, it's getting the records that some Americans do not and never have had since they weren't required. You shouldn't need ID to buy a gun, and you shouldn't need it to vote. For 230 it wasn't required.

Yeah.....then how do they drive, get a savings account, a credit card, a social security card...to hold a job, or cash checks......you guys are so full of shit.......

Yeah.....then how do they drive, get a savings account, a credit card, a social security card...to hold a job, or cash checks......you guys are so full of shit.......
Do the research by reading what the courts have found instead of sticking your fingers in your ears like a child. Your "I have ID so everyone else must as well" rant doesn't stand up to reality.

No matter how many times you repeat the same tired old bullshit, it is still tired old bullshit!

No matter how many times you repeat the same tired old bullshit, it is still tired old bullshit!
The courts disagree with you. They've studied up, you have not.

Except you do need ID to buy a gun. Legally anyway...

And if you do, you shouldn't. Just because it's easy to say if you want beer show me your ID doesn't mean that should be required. The law says 21 and over, not 21 and over with photo ID.

And if you do, you shouldn't. Just because it's easy to say if you want beer show me your ID doesn't mean that should be required. The law says 21 and over, not 21 and over with photo ID.

Yeah...it does...you can't hand out cigarrettes or beer without seeing photo id....you do, you lose your booze license.....

Yeah...it does...you can't hand out cigarrettes or beer without seeing photo id....you do, you lose your booze license.....
The law says you can't sell to those underage. They never ask for my ID, and haven't for decades. The last time I even used ID was to get back into the country, which required a passport.

Forum List

Back