John Oliver shreds Tucker Carlson

I’m not a fan of Tucker, but white supremacist he’s not. That dude just calls Tucker that because he’s disagrees with him.
Nope he didn't. If you look at the clip you will see he isn't sure he is one or just being opportunistic. He did say that WHITE NATIONALISTS consider him as one of their own. He did say that Tucker himself has said stuff that is undeniable bigoted.

My question to you is why you don't consider him a white nationalist? You seem to say that with great certainty.

For myself I consider him as a media figure that has found himself a lucrative niche as the official spokesperson for white people who are afraid that they are loosing their dominance in politics and power. I don't care if he does it out of belief or for money.

I’ve yet to hear Tucker Carlson say anything that is remotely racist. If you have please post it and I’ll give you my opinion.
Play the clip in the OP and listen at around the 15 min mark. If you are still not satisfied I will post some myself. You'll have to wait a bit though, can't link at the moment.

maybe what he said about Iraqis was an ethnocentric comment, but I don’t see how it’s racist.
Calling an other ethnicity "monkeys" is not racist?? You don't see how that's racist??? Rocko I don't mind indulging people and I have enough empathy to understand that my worldview isn't necessarily shared by everybody. But if we can't even agree that calling people monkeys is racist I will conclude you are not arguing in good faith.

i never heard the word monkey used as a racial slur applied to Arabs. To black people, yes. And Carlson’s criticism was criticism of the Iraqi culture. Do I think it was a nice thing to say? No. I think his statement was ethnocentric, but I wouldn’t label it as racist. Furthermore I’ve heard Carlson speak on the issue of racism before many times when I used to watch him and never did I consider him say anything the least bit racist.
Oh you never heard it used as a slur on Arabs therefore it can't be racially motivated? Tell me exactly what part of the perceived Iraqi culture would prompt anybody to use the word "monkey"?

As I said I don't care what synonym you use. This is gaslighting at its most idiotic.

No, I’m not slightest bit convinced that was he said had racial connotations. He didn’t say Arabs were monkeys. He said Iraqis have a primative culture similar to monkeys. Again, I don’t like Tucker Carlson. I think he’s a pompous dick, but I have heard him speak on race before and found his views constantly not racist. I’m sorry I’m not convinced by that clip that he’s a racist.
A culture similar to monkeys? What culture do monkeys have?

As to wether you are convinced or not. At this point I think I could show you a picture of Carlson dressed as a Ku Klux Clan grand wizard and you would claim you believe he was attending a bedsheet convention. As I said you are gaslighting.

Just because I didn’t come to the same conclusion based off what he said than you have doesn’t mean I’m gaslighting or anything like that. I’m telling you I don’t believe he’s a racist based on that clip. You believe what you want. He was talking about how Iraqis have a primitive culture from his point of view and I don’t believe he used the term monkeys to describe their racial makeup. And like I’ve said to you before I heard him speaking specifically about race and racism and denouncing it. People called george Bush a monkey? Was that racist? Of course not. It was just a silly word to disparage him because they thought was an idiot. Iraqi isn’t a race and he specifically took issue with their culture. If he would have said those Arab sand n’s then I would say ok that’s racist. I have no reason to defend Carlson, whom I don’t even like, when I think he’s wrong.

Blabla - please learn how to use PARAGRAPHS if you’d like to be read ;-)

I’m not a fan of Tucker, but white supremacist he’s not. That dude just calls Tucker that because he’s disagrees with him.
Nope he didn't. If you look at the clip you will see he isn't sure he is one or just being opportunistic. He did say that WHITE NATIONALISTS consider him as one of their own. He did say that Tucker himself has said stuff that is undeniable bigoted.

My question to you is why you don't consider him a white nationalist? You seem to say that with great certainty.

For myself I consider him as a media figure that has found himself a lucrative niche as the official spokesperson for white people who are afraid that they are loosing their dominance in politics and power. I don't care if he does it out of belief or for money.

I’ve yet to hear Tucker Carlson say anything that is remotely racist. If you have please post it and I’ll give you my opinion.
Play the clip in the OP and listen at around the 15 min mark. If you are still not satisfied I will post some myself. You'll have to wait a bit though, can't link at the moment.

maybe what he said about Iraqis was an ethnocentric comment, but I don’t see how it’s racist.
Calling an other ethnicity "monkeys" is not racist?? You don't see how that's racist??? Rocko I don't mind indulging people and I have enough empathy to understand that my worldview isn't necessarily shared by everybody. But if we can't even agree that calling people monkeys is racist I will conclude you are not arguing in good faith.

i never heard the word monkey used as a racial slur applied to Arabs. To black people, yes. And Carlson’s criticism was criticism of the Iraqi culture. Do I think it was a nice thing to say? No. I think his statement was ethnocentric, but I wouldn’t label it as racist. Furthermore I’ve heard Carlson speak on the issue of racism before many times when I used to watch him and never did I consider him say anything the least bit racist.
Oh you never heard it used as a slur on Arabs therefore it can't be racially motivated? Tell me exactly what part of the perceived Iraqi culture would prompt anybody to use the word "monkey"?

As I said I don't care what synonym you use. This is gaslighting at its most idiotic.

No, I’m not slightest bit convinced that was he said had racial connotations. He didn’t say Arabs were monkeys. He said Iraqis have a primative culture similar to monkeys. Again, I don’t like Tucker Carlson. I think he’s a pompous dick, but I have heard him speak on race before and found his views constantly not racist. I’m sorry I’m not convinced by that clip that he’s a racist.

As to wether you are convinced or not. At this point I think I could show you a picture of Carlson dressed as a Ku Klux Clan grand wizard and you would claim you believe he was attending a bedsheet convention. As I said you are gaslighting.

Just because I didn’t come to the same conclusion based off what he said than you have doesn’t mean I’m gaslighting or anything like that. I’m telling you I don’t believe he’s a racist based on that clip. You believe what you want. He was talking about how Iraqis have a primitive culture from his point of view and I don’t believe he used the term monkeys to describe their racial makeup. And like I’ve said to you before I heard him speaking specifically about race and racism and denouncing it. People called george Bush a monkey? Was that racist? Of course not. It was just a silly word to disparage him because they thought was an idiot. Iraqi isn’t a race and he specifically took issue with their culture. If he would have said those Arab sand n’s then I would say ok that’s racist. I have no reason to defend Carlson, whom I don’t even like, when I think he’s wrong.

Blabla - please learn how to use PARAGRAPHS if you’d like to be read ;-)

I don’t give a shit if you read my posts or not.

You kids might be better informed if you watched Daily Show, Last Week Tonight (also John Oliver) and NPR as opposed to Fox, Newsmax and OAN. ;)
Both of your suggested sources are nothing more than liberal shitholes.
Fairleigh Dickinson University
...a liberal puppy mill. It's core belief is in globalism. What do you expect from their poll results?

This insignificant college was founded by a man who eventually killed his wife, then committed suicide.

There have been UMPTEEN studies since Fairleigh all with near identical results. Stop feeding in the pig trough!
Post links to the "umpteen studies" along with their polling data. I don't trust you.

Yes, umpteen may have been an overstatement but since 2002 I can count half a dozen.
Got the Mr Googley? Not gonna hold your hand.

Has John Oliver ever addressed the fact that he begged Trump to run, offered to donor money to him, because he thought he wa such a sure loser?

Oliver has admitted, multiple times, that he is an idiot and that he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. :heehee:

And Fox News attorneys admitted that Lil Tuck was a clown that no one should take seriously :D
I'd have a hard time disagreeing. . .

. . . but, most reasonable folks would say that goes doubly so for these lefty comic pundits. ;)

Know what would be really fun? A series of debates involving RW college dropouts, kooks & klowns vs educated (and actually funny) LW klowns like Oliver, Stewart, Colbert, Maher, maybe a couple of the kids from SNL - Borowitz even.

We’ll make it a last man standing event. Winner (judges are u, me & OldLady) decides whether the next POTUS & Veep is DeSantis/ Carlson or status quo. You game? Will be WILD! :lol:
nah. . . all those folks are propagandists for the dirgismestic corporatacracy.

Screw your silly partisan shtick, again, like I said, you just want a pissing contest to make your ego feel better, you never really want to address the issues or solve shit. You don't give a damn about ALL the people in this nation, nor do you care about the world as a whole, you only selfishly care about your narrow self-interests.

How about instead, we take all those corporate sell outs, shills, and con-men, and pit them against Jimmy Dore and Lee Camp? :dunno:

Whaddya? Chicken? Bawkcawka. . . . Sell out!!!!

I could only take about a minute of your squawking loons.
'Wassamatter Beale - Don't ya WANNA have fun!? :)
See. . . that is the difference between you and I.

I am tolerant and informed. I listen to all points of view, b/c I don't have cognitive dissonance. I understand that everyone is necessary for our republic, and I know why everyone holds the views that they do. I listen to, read, and consider ALL points of view, I don't just seek out that which makes me comfortable, and disparage shit that I disagree with.

Sorry about you being closed minded and having little patience for other's POV.

YOU are the one that has no ability to have fun. I have had more fun in a weekend than you have had in your whole life, of this, I have no doubt.

If I had no tolerance for other points of view I'd have left USMB (aka Trumpiest Board on the Internets) years ago my friend.

Tell the class about your weekend - Fun is Fun! ;)
You love being the troll you are. There are many of your ilk that are attracted USMB for that reason only.

But do not worry. Diversity of POV is welcomed here. Continuing education is thwarted in echo chambers.

Generally when someone calls another a troll - They are trolling. :cool-45:

troll-level-jedi-c51b24a607.jpg

Rocko, you have tried to argue that when Tucker said Iraquees are illiterate monkeys (something he said in the clip) he actually meant that the Iraqi culture is like that of monkeys (something he didn't say and since monkeys have no culture is nonsense). Either you believe that. In which case you are an idiot (unlikely) or you are trying to come up with some ridiculous spin in order to gaslight.

I would suggest calling anybody who is non white a monkey and then ask them if they consider you racist. Highly doubtful you'll like the answer.

You kids might be better informed if you watched Daily Show, Last Week Tonight (also John Oliver) and NPR as opposed to Fox, Newsmax and OAN. ;)
...a liberal puppy mill. It's core belief is in globalism. What do you expect from their poll results?

This insignificant college was founded by a man who eventually killed his wife, then committed suicide.

There have been UMPTEEN studies since Fairleigh all with near identical results. Stop feeding in the pig trough!
Post links to the "umpteen studies" along with their polling data. I don't trust you.

Yes, umpteen may have been an overstatement but since 2002 I can count half a dozen.
You made the claim, troll. You provide your evidence. I don't do homework for children,

Buzz off, little troll.

You made the claim, troll. You provide your evidence. I don't do homework for children,

Buzz off, little troll.

I had you in IggyWorld. Not sure what happened there, but back you go - have a good time! :)

49465645_2283033611934562_7916058861928207362_n-9713554652.jpg

Buzz off, little troll.

I had you in IggyWorld. Not sure what happened there, but back you go - have a good time! :)

49465645_2283033611934562_7916058861928207362_n-9713554652.jpg

That is really stupid.

Buzz off, little troll.

"Oh please, Brer Fox! Don't throw me in the briar patch!"

I actually appreciate your ignoring me, you blithering troll! :asshole:

I watched the show when it aired. If you're educated enough to follow what Oliver actually said, you'll realize he said very little. Mostly, he would offer snippets of what Carlson said and then "explain" to the audience what it meant. Of course, Oliver was astute at explaining to everyone that Carlson was making racist statements even when he wasn't. Oliver himself says "Oh, he's not actually saying XXX, but wink, wink, we know what he means. He even went so far as to point out that Carlson must be a racist because David Duke watches Carlson's show. I wonder how many pedophiles watch John Oliver - we only need one to lump John in that group, don't we?

Personally, I found it interesting that John Oliver found it necessary to spend an entire show on Carlson. It seemed more like fear was motivating Oliver. That somehow Carlson's message (be it whatever Oliver thinks it is), is gaining traction. I'm not a big fan of Oliver, although, before he went on a multi-year anti-Trump binge, I found some his shows on various issues to be informative and balanced. After he became unhinged, I stopped watching for the most part. As to Carlson, he is articulate, if not profound. He does seem be prepared and informed and usually, but not always, factually. I'm not really a fan per se of his, but then again, I'm not really a fan of anyone. Spending my time drop-kicking either one of these guys seems pointless.

Cheers

It would appear Lil Tuck the poor white boy from La Jolla, California (Mitt Romney's stomping grounds) is running not only for Dick of the Month - He'll be running for president as The New Trump and voice of White Nationalism. Don't believe me? - Hide-n-Watch! :rolleyes-41:

Who is John Oliver?

It would appear Lil Tuck the poor white boy from La Jolla, California (Mitt Romney's stomping grounds) is running not only for Dick of the Month - He'll be running for president as The New Trump and voice of White Nationalism. Don't believe me? - Hide-n-Watch! :rolleyes-41:

John Oliver actually said that "Tucker is the most prominent vessel in America for white supremacist talking points." Oliver opened his mouth and that actually came of it!

:abgg2q.jpg:

Oliver is a total tool.

John Oliver actually said that "Tucker is the most prominent vessel in America for white supremacist talking points." Oliver opened his mouth and that actually came of it!

Oliver is a total tool.

And? ..... Oliver is entirely correct. Ain’t a White Nationalist in the forum who doesn’t hang on his every word!

1617414467489.png

Oliver quotes Carlson: “What does white nationalism even mean?” and “What does white supremacy mean?”

In the current paranoid liberal extremist atmosphere in this country where people like AOC claim that simply saying there is a problem at the border is a white supremacy dog whistle, these are legitimate questions.

Liberals and Democrats are not clear or consistent about what exactly white supremacy and racism mean and they never have been. And when some whites get frustrated about liberal vagueness and inconsistency and voice these frustrations, well, it only means that those who do are racist and oblivious to their own white privilege.

It is arrogant, narrow minded and as ignorant as anything actual racists have ever said or done.

So congratulations, in your mindless crusade against racism, ignorance and prejudice, you have become the very thing you hate.

Last edited:
Oliver quotes Carlson: “What does white nationalism even mean?” and “What does white supremacy mean?”

In the current paranoid liberal extremist atmosphere in this country where people like AOC claim that simply saying there is a problem at the border is a white supremacy dog whistle, these are legitimate questions.

Liberals and Democrats are not clear or consistent about what exactly white supremacy and racism mean and they never have been. And when some whites get frustrated about liberal vagueness and inconsistency and voice these frustrations, well, it only means that those who do are racist and oblivious to their own white privilege.

It is arrogant, narrow minded and as ignorant as anything actual racists have ever said or done.

So congratulations, in your mindless crusade against ignorance, you have become the very thing you hate.
Leftist, Marxist, Liberals are always the most racist because they always point out skin color. Racists are never clear why they hate certain groups of people because that would limit their hatred to only one race.

So congratulations, in your mindless crusade against ignorance, you have become the very thing you hate.
Leftist, Marxist, Liberals are always the most racist because they always point out skin color. Racists are never clear why they hate certain groups of people because that would limit their hatred to only one race.

Yes. More often than not, liberals are the ones who bring race to a discussion even when the topic has nothing to do with race.

Oliver is a total tool.

And? ..... Oliver is entirely correct. Ain’t a White Nationalist in the forum who doesn’t hang on his every word!

View attachment 475606

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back