John Wayne is the latest target of the Mob.

Apparently he said some non-PC things in a 1970 interview that has social media demanding his memorials be renamed. Will they demand his movies be banned too? Isn't this great? Don't you just love having a Fascist Mob deciding all of our heroes and history must be expunged?

Was anyone still watching his movies?

I'm sorry, he made a bunch of movies, maybe only a few good ones. Why does he deserve to have an airport named after him again?

We rename things all the time, it's just not a big deal. The Stadium where the White Sox play is on it's third name now.

Apparently he said some non-PC things in a 1970 interview that has social media demanding his memorials be renamed. Will they demand his movies be banned too? Isn't this great? Don't you just love having a Fascist Mob deciding all of our heroes and history must be expunged?

Was anyone still watching his movies?

I'm sorry, he made a bunch of movies, maybe only a few good ones. Why does he deserve to have an airport named after him again?

We rename things all the time, it's just not a big deal. The Stadium where the White Sox play is on it's third name now.

Why does anyone deserve to have anything named after him/her?

John Wayne is awesome. Time for a movie marathon. :)
I heard John Wayne was a closet homosexual.
Yea I heard that.
Wayne repeatedly wrote to John Ford saying he wanted to enlist, on one occasion inquiring whether he could get into Ford's military unit, but consistently kept postponing it until after "he finished just one or two pictures".
John Ford is said to have humiliated Wayne on set after the war saying things like:- "That aint no way to salute you chicken livered fag!"

In the film Trumbo. Dalton Trumbo is a screenwriter whose talent places him among the elite of Hollywood. However, his active membership in the Communist Party of the USA draws the contempt of staunchly anti-Soviet entertainment-industry figures such as columnist Hedda Hopper and actor John Wayne.
In one scene Wayne is depicted having made a anti communist speech confronted by Trumbo who say's that he served in Iwo Jima and asks Wayne where he served. Of course Wayne Hadn't served but had the audacity to go on and play the hero in the film Iwo Jima.

One reason the military is said to have not pushed for Wayne is that his medical revealed he had a severely stretched anal passage that they said didn't occur naturally!
Fuck you and your lies! I wonder why I have not ignored you already!

His type are clones.
Hive mind.

They all say exactly the same thing.
The Borg

iu

John Wayne was great but he was no Clint Eastwood. Clint Eastwood Airport sounds good. Just don't come around here with some crazy idea like naming it after Harriet Tubman.

Rio Bravo! :fu:
One of the best movies ever!
Sands of Iwo Jima
Shane
McClintock
The Green Berets
Fuck those anti-American turds!

The Green Berets? Everyone considers that movie to be a joke now.

Others have pointed out he wasn't in "Shane". And you call yourself a fan.

Now, I kind of like John Wayne. But the man was a product of his time.
John Wayne was a "comfort" actor. Dependable. And he spread the work around to people also as his stature grew. Other actors do also. It cost a lot less to make an entertaining action movie then it costs today and they have to put massive CGI in it also.

Sands of Iwo Jima
Shane
McClintock
The Green Berets

John Wayne was a "comfort" actor. Dependable. And he spread the work around to people also as his stature grew. Other actors do also. It cost a lot less to make an entertaining action movie then it costs today and they have to put massive CGI in it also.

I liked the character actors they brought into those movies.

yeah, hey remember that time the Duke Played Ghengis Khan..

1593344366312.png

Good times.

Sands of Iwo Jima
Shane
McClintock
The Green Berets

I liked the character actors they brought into those movies.
Wayne shared the screen. We knew right and wrong. And we knew that if someone did wrong he may be forgiven if tried to make it right, but made a hero would take more then that. We have no forgiveness today for simple statements ruled by the arbiters of race and bigotry. Forcing people to grovel at their feet.

View attachment 356214

Good times.

Never saw it, so can’t comment.

I like the movies about the American West.

I’ve read everything by Zane Grey.

View attachment 356214

Good times.
I would bet you he did that to try to expand his acting chops. I would believe that he would not do that again if he had the choice. Actors do make bad movie decisions. What bothers me are actors who play roles that are tough and more Non Prog who are Progs to the extreme. These men and women need to tone it down and they won't.

The thing is when you name something to honor someone, eventually people forget why they were that important. We don't really remember our War Dead on Memorial Day or the Labor Movement on Labor Day. It's just another couple of days off that bookend summer.

John Wayne died 40 something years ago, and frankly, no one really watches his movies anymore.

When they were talking about making MLK's birthday a holiday back in the 1980's, I used to joke that people would forget who he was and we'd eventually see a "Martin Luther King White Sale".

This year, I heard a radio advertisement for an MLK Weekend sale.

View attachment 356214

Good times.
I would bet you he did that to try to expand his acting chops. I would believe that he would not do that again if he had the choice. Actors do make bad movie decisions. What bothers me are actors who play roles that are tough and more Non Prog who are Progs to the extreme. These men and women need to tone it down and they won't.

I don’t analyse them.

And here's the problem. We now know that the whitewashed, heroic image of "the West" is wrong. We know that our westward expansion was built on genociding the Native Americans, exploiting Chinese coolie labor to build the railroads, and degrading the environment. The government STILL has to prop all sorts of money into the "west" to get people to want to live there.

Kind of like "Gone with the Wind" romanticizes the Old South, which was probably more like the movie "Mandingo".

The thing is when you name something to honor someone, eventually people forget why they were that important. We don't really remember our War Dead on Memorial Day or the Labor Movement on Labor Day. It's just another couple of days off that bookend summer.

John Wayne died 40 something years ago, and frankly, no one really watches his movies anymore.

When they were talking about making MLK's birthday a holiday back in the 1980's, I used to joke that people would forget who he was and we'd eventually see a "Martin Luther King White Sale".

This year, I heard a radio advertisement for an MLK Weekend sale.

I watch them when they crop up on TV.

Speak for yourself, and stop being grumpy.

And here's the problem. We now know that the whitewashed, heroic image of "the West" is wrong. We know that our westward expansion was built on genociding the Native Americans, exploiting Chinese coolie labor to build the railroads, and degrading the environment. The government STILL has to prop all sorts of money into the "west" to get people to want to live there.

Kind of like "Gone with the Wind" romanticizes the Old South, which was probably more like the movie "Mandingo".

There isn’t a problem.

He was fake. Just like Trump. Ha Ha Ha!

He was an actor. You are an asshole.

Forum List

Back