Jordan Peterson forced to goto "social media training" class by Canadian government.

Our Canadian posters love to flaunt their nation as being better.
Except here is Mr Peterson being forced into a re education camp for acceptable speech or lose his license to practice.

Very communist of Canada eh.... 😆

Completely disgraceful.

Last edited:
YEah this thread is a zombie and no one cares anymore
I was just commenting on his appeal. . . and apparently, there are some folks that do care.

. . . I don't like opening up new threads if it is not necessary.

Sorry if pointing out authoritarian government control bothers you. :rolleyes:

Not joking, this is the kind of thing you can expect to happen in America if the elderly stand in is reelected and the same woke bureaucrats in his administration continue to rule

I was just commenting on his appeal. . . and apparently, there are some folks that do care.

. . . I don't like opening up new threads if it is not necessary.

Sorry if pointing out authoritarian government control bothers you. :rolleyes:
You don't even know what I was talking to Min tut about do you?

He stated that JP told a patient to commit suicide and there was absolutely no proof of that anywhere

You don't even know what I was talking to Min tut about do you?

He stated that JP told a patient to commit suicide and there was absolutely no proof of that anywhere
You are correct, I was commenting on the topic of the thread. Oh well.

Jan302024

Liberal Establishment Comes Down on Jordan Peterson

As Canada slides deeper into totalitarianism, the liberals in charge are ever less willing to tolerate dissidents like clinical psychologist, professor emeritus, and online educator Jordan Peterson. Mary Anastasia O’Grady sounds the alarm:
According to Ontario court documents, he’s been the subject of complaints since 2018 about his public statements “on topics of social and political interest, including transgender questions, racism, overpopulation, and the response to COVID-19, among others.” The complainers—none of whom seem ever to have been his patients—mainly tweeted their objections to the provincial licensing board known as the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
Ostensibly,
The board’s job is to regulate for competence, not for political views.
However, the board is part of the liberal establishment. That means its true primary purpose is to impose leftism.
In March 2020, the board warned Peterson about his “manner and tone.” Then…
In August 2022 the board wrote to Mr. Peterson on behalf of its panel of investigators about his “demeaning, degrading and unprofessional” public statements and the “harm” they could cause people. He could solve the problem, the bureaucrats said, if he would agree to attend a re-education camp of its choosing.
Peterson’s allegedly problematic manner and tone are generally thoughtful and professorial. But he is no coward. He declined to submit to demeaning political indoctrination. The board proclaimed that this refusal “may constitute professional misconduct.”
Canadian courts sided with the board, meaning that he might lose his professional credentials over thoughtcrime like this:
Court documents cite instances of name-calling politicians and his refusal to use pronouns other than those that correspond to biological sex. In May 2022, court documents say, “he commented on a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover with a plus-sized model, tweeting: ‘Sorry. Not Beautiful. And no amount of authoritarian tolerance is going to change that.’”
Liberals helpfully underscored his point by attempting to silence him.
The establishment’s main problem with Peterson is not that he is an articulate opponent of its ideology, but that he is unwilling to cower in submission.
This makes him a problem for the mob and a danger to a system that relies on cultural repression to advance its agenda.
In a free society, even those who disagree with Peterson would acknowledge his right to his opinion. Canada — the moribund canary in the coalmine of moonbattery — is not a free society.
On a tip from Varla.

All links highlighted

Peterson is much closer to hero than vilain. He has produced so much verbiage that we may not accept or agree with every bit, but the majority has been constructive and even necessary. Attacking him is evidence of lack of understanding. With the world as it is, we need more of him and those like him.

He belongs to a professional organization that sets standards of behavior for its members. He represents himself as a member of that organization when he makes these proclamations.
I am not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that anybody who belongs to a professional organization is automatically a spokesperson for that organization?

The organization has told him to stop. He did not, so the organization told him to take training.
Why should he stop making statements that he wishes to make?

And why can the organization demand that he take classes? This is similar to workplace sensitivity training in the US that I hear a lot about. Basically re-education efforts.

Peterson claimed that he had the right to say these things. The court said he had the right to say these things as a private citizen, but the professional organization has the right to set standards for its members.
Then the question becomes, when he makes those statements, is he acting in a professional capacity, or is he acting as a private citizen?

If he's only saying those things on his website or blog, then he's acting as a private citizen and his freedom of speech should be upheld.

If you break a contract with someone and the court rules against you, that’s not the government imposing its will on you.
Have you actually read the contract that he signed with his employer? You talk like you know what his contract says.

It’s you breaking the terms of the contract and the court enforcing the terms of the contract.

I don't know that his contract says, but if it says that employees cannot make statements publicly that the employer disapproves of, then it's a very sketchy contract. It also should not hold up in court. No employers should have the ability to infringe on an employee's right to free speech.
But such nuance is irrelevant in The Forever Culture War Outrage Machine.
I really think the issue is that Jordon Peterson is a highly visible individual who says things his university doesn't like. So they are looking for ways to screw with him.

Forum List

Back