Jordan Peterson forced to goto "social media training" class by Canadian government.

Our Canadian posters love to flaunt their nation as being better.
Except here is Mr Peterson being forced into a re education camp for acceptable speech or lose his license to practice.

Very communist of Canada eh.... 😆

Forcing people to go into re-education camps for homosexuality and trannydom is apparently unacceptable but forcing them to go into re-education camps for not following the official government doctrine seems acceptable to them. Welcome to Putin's Russia or Nazi Germany.

It's amazing how much stake some people put into a noodle bender.

What I would love to see is Jordan go through this “retraining”, come out the other side the exact same person he is now and tell them all to go fuck themselves.

Last edited:
1693148367789.png

Our Canadian posters love to flaunt their nation as being better.
Except here is Mr Peterson being forced into a re education camp for acceptable speech or lose his license to practice.

Very communist of Canada eh.... 😆

Already a thread gushing over this incel god’s slap on the wrist.

He’s scum.

He should have had his license pulled.

No you are NOT correct.

He belongs to a professional organization that sets standards of behavior for its members. He represents himself as a member of that organization when he makes these proclamations. The organization has told him to stop. He did not, so the organization told him to take training. Peterson claimed that he had the right to say these things. The court said he had the right to say these things as a private citizen, but the professional organization has the right to set standards for its members. Peterson defied these standards, so the court ruled in the organization’s favor.

If you break a contract with someone and the court rules against you, that’s not the government imposing its will on you. It’s you breaking the terms of the contract and the court enforcing the terms of the contract.

But such nuance is irrelevant in The Forever Culture War Outrage Machine.
Thread.

The underlying lie is the accusation that Peterson committed a wrong.

I don't believe that ballplayers that speak out against the league they belong to are committing a wrong, but yet they are dealt with when they do so.

Nobody is forcing him to do anything
He does face consequences if he doesn’t… loss of his license. While that might not be a major financial burden, it would be a blow to his professional reputation and standing.

Interesting subject both sides make good arguments. After reading the article and so far the article is all I can go by, his professional orginization wants to correct what they deem as his wrong information on trans genderism. My question is he just giving his personal opinion on the subject or is he giving a proffesional diagnosis? If it is an opinion it should be protected by law if it is an diagnosis then it is up to the orginzation to proove it as false.
Alot of good conversations going on the boards this morning. :)
No reason why his opinion can’t be diagnosis. Wouldn’t make much sense if it wasn’t both.
No excuse for what nazi Canada is doing.
And he should never have to move. He was there first.

He does face consequences if he doesn’t… loss of his license. While that might not be a major financial burden, it would be a blow to his professional reputation and standing.
They will have their own appeal process. It may have been better for him to exhaust that before grandstanding.

I dont wish to engage with any such hysterical analysis.
His snake oil salesman career is safe as far as I can see. The government played no part in this.
Sir, you display a laughable degree of hyperbole in referring to my post as "hysterical". That risibility is only exceeded by the "snake oil" epithet. Obviously, the person of whom you speak is totally unknown to you.
The world in which Mr. Peterson is reviled is one of jealous, diminutive minds.

They will have their own appeal process. It may have been better for him to exhaust that before grandstanding
LOL. Most of the Brits I know are ridiculously naive, but that comment makes you the most naive I’ve ever met. Even if there is an appeals process (and I’m not certain it would be allowed after the court battle), it would be so rigged against him as to be worthless.

The courts were his only chance, and they proved to be as worthless and rigged as they are here in the US.

LOL. Most of the Brits I know are ridiculously naive, but that comment makes you the most naive I’ve ever met. Even if there is an appeals process (and I’m not certain it would be allowed after the court battle), it would be so rigged against him as to be worthless.

The courts were his only chance, and they proved to be as worthless and rigged as they are here in the US.
Im surprised the court heard the case before he had exhausted the internal process. If they operate outside of those rules they are liable to anction.
You have no evidence that they have mistreated him or anyone else.

Sir, you display a laughable degree of hyperbole in referring to my post as "hysterical". That risibility is only exceeded by the "snake oil" epithet. Obviously, the person of whom you speak is totally unknown to you.
The world in which Mr. Peterson is reviled is one of jealous, diminutive minds.
The world of Youtube ?

Im surprised the court heard the case before he had exhausted the internal process
That suggests to me that there either isn’t an internal process or that it may have already been exhausted before this became a big deal.
You have no evidence that they have mistreated him or anyone else
I have the evidence that his colleagues brought these charges to begin with. The fact that he has even had to defend himself is a massive mistreatment and abuse of Mr Peterson and his reputation. If my coworkers did something like this to me, they and their families would need restraining orders and personal security.

That suggests to me that there either isn’t an internal process or that it may have already been exhausted before this became a big deal.

I have the evidence that his colleagues brought these charges to begin with. The fact that he has even had to defend himself is a massive mistreatment and abuse of Mr Peterson and his reputation. If my coworkers did something like this to me, they and their families would need restraining orders and personal security.
The association policies are clear. If he wants to be a dick then he can do it without being a member.
They have given him an opportunity to retrain.

Forum List

Back