Journalists irresponsible coverage of ISIS and EBOLA.

In both cases the threat has been conflated enormously and has led to panic while emboldening the irresponsible elements in American politics. The politics of fear generally lead to fascism. Hopefully the media begins to check itself before this gets too out of hand.

Let me translate for Sallow:

"Journalist irresponsible coverage of ISIS and Ebloa" really means "Journalists report on things that make Obama look bad, so the hacks have to come out and deflect."

Why is Obama getting blamed for an attack on France?

"Looking bad" is not the same as "being blamed". Stop trying to move the goalposts.

Ah, so you concede that Obama is blameless in regards to the Paris attack.

Get your RWnut pals to state that for the record.

I'm not making anyone do anything.

And he isn't blameless, every world leader has some fault for allowing ISIS to spread, because ignoring an issue is easier than dealing with it.

ISLAMOPHOBIA1.jpg

In both cases the threat has been conflated enormously and has led to panic while emboldening the irresponsible elements in American politics. The politics of fear generally lead to fascism. Hopefully the media begins to check itself before this gets too out of hand.

When the next attack happens here, the public will embrace the next patriot act

Damn those French for still allowing Syrian refugees into their country, don't they know how much that hurt us here in the US. No more French Fries.....ect.

supposedly, there's already 1000+ ISIS members here now.. just don't tell the simpletons.

ya mean "card carrying" members. You underestimate-----caliphatism is
islam. Even Shiite muslims who reject the SUNNI caliphate-----are caliphatists
and can be just as "fervent" in a desire to impose that monstrocity

no, that's not what I mean.

try again

ok what do you mean by "ISIS" members? People in some sort of actual
contact with some sort of organization as a "member"?

yep, the scaredy cats are setting up the next Patriot Act, where we all are mandated to get a biometric id, or the chip in the hand, to ID ourselves.... :eek:
Scaredy cats???

Have you relegated yourselves to using 4th grade insults now....

Wow

The French have increased the number of refugees they will allow

Cowardly Republicans hide under the bed

go whine to the dailykos.

you people had no problems with the coverage during Bush's terms and how they covered the Iraq war. you are out there making an ass of yourselves with protesting's while we had BOOTS on the ground. they had a daily body count not one of you condemned it. You need a crying towel or a box of tissues?

The Media was in bed with the invasion of Iraq from the very start of the propaganda push, through Shock and Awe, until the occupation went totally FUBAR and a civil war developed between three factions. They led the public down the primrose path parroting the WH talking points all the way.

When the next attack happens here, the public will embrace the next patriot act

Damn those French for still allowing Syrian refugees into their country, don't they know how much that hurt us here in the US. No more French Fries.....ect.

supposedly, there's already 1000+ ISIS members here now.. just don't tell the simpletons.

ya mean "card carrying" members. You underestimate-----caliphatism is
islam. Even Shiite muslims who reject the SUNNI caliphate-----are caliphatists
and can be just as "fervent" in a desire to impose that monstrocity

no, that's not what I mean.

try again

ok what do you mean by "ISIS" members? People in some sort of actual
contact with some sort of organization as a "member"?

known ties to ISIS

go sit on a member

ISIS can't win. But we can lose.

Amidst a week of fear over what the Islamic State can do, it's worth stopping to be clear about what it can't do. It can't invade Paris. It can't launch an air war against the United States. It can't even hold its ground — ISIS expert Will McCants estimates the group has lost between 20 and 25 percent of its territory in recent months.

The attack ISIS launched against Paris is a horror. But it should take nothing away from its tragedy to say more Americans have died from gun violence in seven days than died in the Paris attacks. That's not to downplay the threat of terrorism, but rather to highlight what makes it different: its capacity to terrorize.

"Terrorism is a crime against the mind," the security expert Bruce Schneier told me after the Boston Marathon bombing. "The message of terrorist attacks is you’re not safe and the government can’t protect you — that the existing power structure can’t protect you."

Fear makes people do stupid things, and it makes countries do stupid things, too. And it is fear that is ISIS's real weapon here.

ISIS can only succeed if we overreact — so we shouldn’t

Next terror attack in the USA is on obama as far as Im concerned. I don't give a crap what you believe or say.
http://nypost.com/2015/11/19/syrian-community-leader-isis-is-already-in-new-york-city/

Next terror attack in the USA is on obama as far as Im concerned. I don't give a crap what you believe or say.
http://nypost.com/2015/11/19/syrian-community-leader-isis-is-already-in-new-york-city/

Interesting that prior to 9/11 we thought terrorists would never reside in America...
The terrorist have lived here for years waiting for orders, even before Bush was president.

yep, the scaredy cats are setting up the next Patriot Act, where we all are mandated to get a biometric id, or the chip in the hand, to ID ourselves.... :eek:
Scaredy cats???

Wow
I always use what you would call 4th grade insults.... :D

And never use the foul language of the many!

You know of course if ISIS manages to pull off a Paris style attack here the left already has their its Bush's fault talking points at the ready,

and ISIS stands for what again?
Scaredy cats???

Wow

It's working out well form them huh? Lol. Hebdo, paris attacks. Yeah, they should take them all in.

Interesting that prior to 9/11 we thought terrorists would never reside in America...
The terrorist have lived here for years waiting for orders, even before Bush was president.

Except during the 70's and especially after '79'.

Scaredy cats???

Wow
I always use what you would call 4th grade insults.... :D

And never use the foul language of the many!
Don't turn my mockery in on me! Damn you
:rofl:

You know of course if ISIS manages to pull off a Paris style attack here the left already has their its Bush's fault talking points at the ready,

and ISIS stands for what again?
Scaredy cats???

Wow

It's working out well form them huh? Lol. Hebdo, paris attacks. Yeah, they should take them all in.
I don't think we should or any country should take THEM ALL IN, I think we should vet them, and not let those who our intelligence deems a risk, in.....

Is there a chance that one of them turns out to be a terrorist, 5 years from now....sure there is....but probably no more risk than another Timothy McVeigh to rise up from our own kin and ranks.... it is the risks of freedom...

Now is the time for all the trillions spent over the decade and a half on Homeland Security, to be fruitful.

Forum List

Back