Jr just destroyed a key part of Muellers case

D

Dim Bulb

Obviously I don't know the details but when Jr released the emails he took away an important perjury trap that Mueller could've used against Jr. how? Because Mueller could have asked him under oath whether he had any interest in obtaining information from Russians and if Jr had said "no" he would've committed a crime. So releasing this email chain is actually quite smart.

Having said that the sickening defense I keep hearing from my side is "if it isn't illegal it isn't a problem." My goodness if we raised our children that way we'd have a generation of ethically abhorrent children.

In short it isn't illegal and Jr has a good lawyer. But it still stinks.

Unfortunately getting "dirt" on one's opponent is just the nature of the beast known as politics.

Obviously I don't know the details but when Jr released the emails he took away an important perjury trap that Mueller could've used against Jr. how? Because Mueller could have asked him under oath whether he had any interest in obtaining information from Russians and if Jr had said "no" he would've committed a crime. So releasing this email chain is actually quite smart.

Having said that the sickening defense I keep hearing from my side is "if it isn't illegal it isn't a problem." My goodness if we raised our children that way we'd have a generation of ethically abhorrent children.

There's bigger fish to fry than a perjury rap on junior.

There's bigger fish to fry than a perjury rap on junior.
so you keep claiming day after day after day after day after day....

The Clinton campaign was attacking Trump by proxy, thus the Access Hollywood tapes. Do you not think they were also seeking dirt on Trump,his history, making false accusations via women who accused him of sexual assault, had a lawyer and were all set to go to court, then Trump won and they disappeared.

This meeting with the Russian lawyer is lightweight stuff to be honest, I agree it still isn't honourable, but it appears to be the nature of politics since the dawn of time.

IMO Mueller isnt concerned with Jr hurting the investigation ... the loop just got wider.

oh yeah, Trump and his drones are apparently too weak to deal with Clinton.

The Clinton campaign was attacking Trump by proxy, thus the Access Hollywood tapes. Do you not think they were also seeking dirt on Trump,his history, making false accusations via women who accused him of sexual assault, had a lawyer and were all set to go to court, then Trump won and they disappeared.

This meeting with the Russian lawyer is lightweight stuff to be honest, I agree it still isn't honourable, but it appears to be the nature of politics since the dawn of time.
I don't disagree but some of the previous blanket denials wouldn't have been made by an experienced pol. Why does that matter? Because it's distracting from legislation that could be passed while we have all three branches of government. Instead this gam handed denial then backtrack cycle gets more traction when the Dems don't even control either side of Congress. Crazy.

d4ece722187325905d39264497d6c8dd1244a2e9de3c0c57044c8897c4767822.jpg

Gathering opposition research on your opponent is very much common in politics. This has been going on for over 200 years. To pretend that there is suddenly something "unethical" about it is a joke.

I don't know if the left realizes this but the whole entire incident completely buries the "Russian collusion" narrative. If Trump was colluding with the Russian government, why would his son need to meet with this lawyer to get dirt on Hillary?

What is coming out now is, this woman is tied to the same group who orchestrated the Trump Dossier.

Gathering opposition research on your opponent is very much common in politics. This has been going on for over 200 years. To pretend that there is suddenly something "unethical" about it is a joke.

I don't know if the left realizes this but the whole entire incident completely buries the "Russian collusion" narrative. If Trump was colluding with the Russian government, why would his son need to meet with this lawyer to get dirt on Hillary?

What is coming out now is, this woman is tied to the same group who orchestrated the Trump Dossier.
No disagreement here. We are still left with the fact that the administration's ham handed way of handling this has hurt our agenda. We have to live with that result until some legislation of some kind that actually changes things is passed.

Correct me if I am wrong......but.......didn't the DNC hire a former spy, that then talked to the RUSSIANS, who then insisted Trump gave golden showers? And didn't that then become the infamous DOSSIER!

So let me see, if that is correct, the DNC got the information CLANDESTINELY from the Russians. And wasn't this INFORMATION turned over to our intelligence agencies by the DNC, or would somebody like to explain how it migrated from the DNC to our intelligence agencies, lol.

You want to know the only COLLUSION that I have seen FACTUALLY proven so far!

ANSWER--------->The COLLUSION between Hillary and her team with Debbie (I know NOTHING, NOTHING) Shultz to screw Bernie out of the Democratic nomination, lol. Man, they stuck it to that old Marxist good, didn't they! And then, there was Donna BRAZILLE, giving Hillary the questions for the CNN debate. Talk about COLLUSION, lol! Or maybe it was Lorreta Lynch INSISTING Comey call the Hilly INVESTIGATION something else.

I need know the logic of something--------------> With no evidence that Trump did anything.........I would like to proclaim for the sake of debate, he did!

Taking that into consideration..........exactly what is the difference between Russian MARXISTS, or American MARXISTS like far left Democrats, attempting to put the fix in on our election? Aren't all MARXISTS bad, and as long as we are relatively free Americans, shouldn't they be? I mean, which side ACTUALLY TRIED to fix the election by using COLLUSION! Were it not for Shultz and the Hillary team, Bernie would probably have been the nominee. And then, guess what, lolol! If you think Russia helped Trump, who do you think they would have helped if BERNIE was the Democratic nominee, heheheheheheeheheheehehehee. An old MARXIST, or a Capitalist!

Just think lefties, were it not for Shultz and Hillary, if the Russians really did anything worthwhile as you claim, BERNIE would today be President as the full might of the hammer and sickle would have been behind a like minded individual, such as the old Marxist!

The Fusion GPS link is out there apparently. AND if the left wing whackos really believed getting dirt on political opponents from a foreign source the DNC will go to jail for collusion with the Ukrainians to take out Paul Manafort.

Never Trumper who paid for the fairy tale dossier will be wearing orange and ditto the D's who continued to pay Steele to pay Russian informants for the dossier.

No disagreement here. We are still left with the fact that the administration's ham handed way of handling this has hurt our agenda. We have to live with that result until some legislation of some kind that actually changes things is passed.
Dim can I ask why you figured Trump would be a good president? I'm left wing but I can't honestly say this surprised me. Trump's messaging was inconsistent, reactionary and amateuristic from the beginning, not to mention abhorrent to me. Why does this surprise you?

Its a credibilty issue... How many times have we heard NO RUSSIAN CONTACTS? Jr's email directly contradicts that. I personally don't give a shit about the meeting or the oppo research, thats part of the game. Im sick of all the lies and cover ups over and over from the Trump people. They are most likely doing it at Donny's direction because he wants to avoid the bad press that discredits his victory, thats my guess. He and his peps deserve to be called out, shamed and held accountable, he is president of the USA now. He must do better

Last edited:

Good point, this could have been a perjury trap... Lord knows what info Mueller has, i'm sure there is plenty more and from the inability to simply tell the truth from the Trump people I wouldn't be surprise if more lies get exposed. Its pretty sad that this is coming from the most respected office in the world.

I don't think The Trump Administration is out of hot water quite yet. Now a flood of emails implicating them in International Crimes are being leaked to the media in droves.

Here is another one. I fear for our Nation!

dear-beloved_0.png

Dim can I ask why you figured Trump would be a good president? I'm left wing but I can't honestly say this surprised me. Trump's messaging was inconsistent, reactionary and amateuristic from the beginning, not to mention abhorrent to me. Why does this surprise you?
Thanks for the civility. I thought he could grow into the position just as you probably thought Obama (with very limited experience) could grow into the presidency. This argument that "I voted for him to shake things up" makes sense only if he is substantively shaking things up through policy not knuckleheaded tweets. He is a smart guy. If he can stop trying to run through hurdles rather than jumping over a few of them this could still work out.

Correct me if I am wrong......but.......didn't the DNC hire a former spy, that then talked to the RUSSIANS, who then insisted Trump gave golden showers? And didn't that then become the infamous DOSSIER!

So let me see, if that is correct, the DNC got the information CLANDESTINELY from the Russians. And wasn't this INFORMATION turned over to our intelligence agencies by the DNC, or would somebody like to explain how it migrated from the DNC to our intelligence agencies, lol.

ANSWER--------->The COLLUSION between Hillary and her team with Debbie (I know NOTHING, NOTHING) Shultz to screw Bernie out of the Democratic nomination, lol. Man, they stuck it to that old Marxist good, didn't they! And then, there was Donna BRAZILLE, giving Hillary the questions for the CNN debate. Talk about COLLUSION, lol! Or maybe it was Lorreta Lynch INSISTING Comey call the Hilly INVESTIGATION something else.

I need know the logic of something--------------> With no evidence that Trump did anything.........I would like to proclaim for the sake of debate, he did!

Taking that into consideration..........exactly what is the difference between Russian MARXISTS, or American MARXISTS like far left Democrats, attempting to put the fix in on our election? Aren't all MARXISTS bad, and as long as we are relatively free Americans, shouldn't they be? I mean, which side ACTUALLY TRIED to fix the election by using COLLUSION! Were it not for Shultz and the Hillary team, Bernie would probably have been the nominee. And then, guess what, lolol! If you think Russia helped Trump, who do you think they would have helped if BERNIE was the Democratic nominee, heheheheheheeheheheehehehee. An old MARXIST, or a Capitalist!

Just think lefties, were it not for Shultz and Hillary, if the Russians really did anything worthwhile as you claim, BERNIE would today be President as the full might of the hammer and sickle would have been behind a like minded individual, such as the old Marxist!

Yes you are wrong. Steele was originally hired by a Jeb Bush donor.

Yes you are wrong. Steele was originally hired by a Jeb Bush donor.

Really? Really! http://nypost.com/2017/06/24/inside-the-shadowy-intelligence-firm-behind-the-trump-dossier/

OP, are you suggesting Trump Jr. is the first to meet with foreign citizens over politics? That and if you were running for POUS, someone said they had dirt on your opponent, are you suggesting they should have refused to listen? If yes, why would that be?

If anything, sounds like Jr. was had.

Forum List

Back