Juan Williams Loses Job At NPR For Telling The Truth

:lol: Okay, then. Substitute journalist.

His function at NPR was that of a 'news analyst' or, in other words, a 'commentator'. His job was to comment, not provide fact. Honestly, Ravi, how the hell can you criticize someone when you don't even know what the hell he was employed to do.

Broadcast News Analyst Job Description, Career as a Broadcast News Analyst, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job
Definition and Nature of the Work

Broadcast news analysts—often referred to as anchors or newscasters—host and synchronize news programs on radio or television. Their duties include reading news stories, providing lead-ins for reports by others, interviewing guests, and conducting panel discussions. Some may work once or twice a day on a major news program, while others broadcast five-minute news segments each hour.

Yeah, I read crap.

Broadcast news analysts are best known as the familiar voices and faces that present the news. In addition to introducing in-depth videotaped films or live segments from on-the-scene reporters, they may summarize and comment on news items, interpret specific news stories, and discuss the impact of those stories on our lives. They also gather information using research, interviews, and polls, and then analyze and interpret it for their audience.

Read more: Broadcast News Analyst Job Description, Career as a Broadcast News Analyst, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job Broadcast News Analyst Job Description, Career as a Broadcast News Analyst, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job

No kidding? They intrepret and analyze information? Suppose that is where the analyst part comes from?

A journalist collects and disseminates information about current events, people, trends, and issues. His or her work is acknowledged as journalism.

Yes, he most certainly was a journalist. Now he is solely a pundit.

Then classify Nina Totenberg.

Last edited:
A journalist collects and disseminates information about current events, people, trends, and issues. His or her work is acknowledged as journalism.

Yes, he most certainly was a journalist. Now he is solely a pundit.

I'm very aware of what a journalist is. He was employed by NRP as a 'news analyst' (their term, not mine). A news analyst is not a journalist, or a reporter.

Why would you want to go back to the Bush Administration's way of doing things? The republican agenda of the Bush Era is the reason our country is in such dier straits right now. Change does not happen over night and you surely see that you must give Obama a chance to accomplish his goals.
Being opposed to everything he stands for is counterproductive. The two parties have, at times, worked across party lines, but I have never seen the nasty division that I am seeing now. Obama is a good man and deserves to be heard. He has accomplished so much in his two years in office and I don't believe that the republicans are going to be as victorious as they think come November. The people paying for all the negative ads this time around are the wealthiest people on the planet and they don't care about the common person...only themselves and assuming more power and control over you, and me. Time for all to wake up and take back our power.

Another bullshitter hits the fan. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Obviously you are someone with little critical thinking ability.

You are the one that can't critically think his way out of a canvass recycled bag. You mention the people paying for negative ads, it's one of your own that is paying for "reporters" at NPR (ones that will report the way he wants). It's the same guy that paid to buy the Presidency for his ass puppet Barrack and he is making billions on the recession he and his idiot leftist started and continue today.
Do you honestly think that the clown in the White House cares about you and me? He and his fat assed wife eat caviar and Wagu steak at the tons of parties they throw for the most elite people in the world, have you seen any middle class people invited? He flies around the world with an entourage of gas guzzling aircraft to do campaign speeches for other elitist that have been living off of the taxpayer for years, there is nothing new or changed with the hypocritical fool that is President of this once great nation. He talks about creating jobs when it isn't government that creates jobs or anything for that matter, private business creates. Government stunts creation with regulation and these guys are champions at screwing the private sector.
Open your eyes ace and maybe you will see how stupid your screen name makes you look.

His function at NPR was that of a 'news analyst' or, in other words, a 'commentator'. His job was to comment, not provide fact. Honestly, Ravi, how the hell can you criticize someone when you don't even know what the hell he was employed to do.

Broadcast News Analyst Job Description, Career as a Broadcast News Analyst, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job

Broadcast news analysts—often referred to as anchors or newscasters—host and synchronize news programs on radio or television. Their duties include reading news stories, providing lead-ins for reports by others, interviewing guests, and conducting panel discussions. Some may work once or twice a day on a major news program, while others broadcast five-minute news segments each hour.

I'm glad to see you working hard at proving your point. I admire that in a person. But, I think that most of the world knows now that George Soros gave Media Matters one million dollars, he gave NPR 1.8 million dollars. Media Matters has already called for Mara Liasson's head cause she works for Fox News. I think the whole world knows that Juan was fired because he works for Fox News and because CAIR pressured NPR. I think the whole world is also outraged. I think the repercussions are going to be distasteful to NPR. Have you read any of the comments over at the NPR site? It's not pretty.
:lol:. Eots?

Yeah, I read crap.

Broadcast news analysts are best known as the familiar voices and faces that present the news. In addition to introducing in-depth videotaped films or live segments from on-the-scene reporters, they may summarize and comment on news items, interpret specific news stories, and discuss the impact of those stories on our lives. They also gather information using research, interviews, and polls, and then analyze and interpret it for their audience.

Read more: Broadcast News Analyst Job Description, Career as a Broadcast News Analyst, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job Broadcast News Analyst Job Description, Career as a Broadcast News Analyst, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job

No kidding? They intrepret and analyze information? Suppose that is where the analyst part comes from?
And again, the code of ethics says he was not welcome to make comments on other venues that he wouldn't make on NPR.

And again, the code of ethics says he was not welcome to make comments on other venues that he wouldn't make on NPR.

That's not a code of ethics, it's a code of Conformity and Thought Control.

I'm glad to see you working hard at proving your point. I admire that in a person. But, I think that most of the world knows now that George Soros gave Media Matters one million dollars, he gave NPR 1.8 million dollars. Media Matters has already called for Mara Liasson's head cause she works for Fox News. I think the whole world knows that Juan was fired because he works for Fox News and because CAIR pressured NPR. I think the whole world is also outraged. I think the repercussions are going to be distasteful to NPR. Have you read any of the comments over at the NPR site? It's not pretty.

You need to ease on over to NPR and educate yourself. a little. just sayin is all.

You need to ease on over to NPR and educate yourself. a little. just sayin is all.
I cannot help if people are incorrect on this issue. It happens.

Whatever you wish to call it...he signed on for it.

He's a big boy and responsible for his own actions.

And likewise with NPR. I hope they can handle it.

Whatever you wish to call it...he signed on for it.

He's a big boy and responsible for his own actions.

Please quote the section of the code which says analysts cannot discuss their fears.

George Soros gave Media Matters one million dollars, he gave NPR 1.8 million dollars.

Indeed, NPR can be mostly run by INDIVIDUAL gifts.

How many of my tax dollars go to NPR?

NPR receives no direct funding from the federal government. Less than two percent of the budget is derived from competitive grants from federally funded organizations such as the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, National Science Foundation, and National Endowment for the Arts.

Approximately half of NPR's funding comes from NPR member stations. In an average year, NPR funds about 45 percent of its operations with membership dues and program fees from member stations.

The balance of NPR's annual revenue is derived from private foundations, individuals and corporations, in the form of grants, gifts, investment proceeds, and corporate sponsorships. NPR receives some revenue from distribution fees and fees from tapes and transcripts. Financial statements, based on annual audits, are available in NPR's most recent Annual Report (5.7 MB - Requires Adobe Acrobat).

Actually, the link to NPR's financial statements is mysteriously dead right now....:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
George Soros gave Media Matters one million dollars, he gave NPR 1.8 million dollars.

Indeed, NPR can be mostly run by INDIVIDUAL gifts.

How many of my tax dollars go to NPR?

NPR receives no direct funding from the federal government. Less than two percent of the budget is derived from competitive grants from federally funded organizations such as the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, National Science Foundation, and National Endowment for the Arts.

Approximately half of NPR's funding comes from NPR member stations. In an average year, NPR funds about 45 percent of its operations with membership dues and program fees from member stations.

The balance of NPR's annual revenue is derived from private foundations, individuals and corporations, in the form of grants, gifts, investment proceeds, and corporate sponsorships. NPR receives some revenue from distribution fees and fees from tapes and transcripts. Financial statements, based on annual audits, are available in NPR's most recent Annual Report (5.7 MB - Requires Adobe Acrobat).

Actually, the link to NPR's financial statements are mysteriously dead right now....:eusa_whistle:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I read crap.

So you deflect from what an analyst actually is, and switch to a code of ethics which apparently does not allow analysts to analyze? Juan stated he would have made the same comment on NPR. Those are his exact words in fact.

Yeah, I read crap.

source?

There's no source, they make shit up as it goes. Hypocrisy rules in their world. Remember when they screamed like pigs in heat when Bush did the same exact things Obama is doing now?

If Bush tried to sell us out to the pharmaceutical and insurance agencies like Obama did, they'd still be suffering aneurysms today.

There's no source, there's no sense, and soon, there will be no public funding of NPR.

;)

Forum List

Back