Judge advises jurors to never disclose they were on the jury.

You know what impact it had. You're participating in it.
The impact that Trump supporters are mad because a judge gave the jury advice after the case? It wasn't illegal and had no impact on the decision?

Yes, I see the impact. I am not participating in it, I am refuting it.

The impact that Trump supporters are mad because a judge gave the jury advice after the case? It wasn't illegal and had no impact on the decision?

Yes, I see the impact. I am not participating in it, I am refuting it.
Nope. You're defending the judge. You're agreeing with the judge that Trump supporters are violent.

What purpose does it serve for the jurors to remain secret? Sounds like a Red Star court case.
As already correctly noted: to keep the jurors from being injured or killed by the violent, lawless right.

The judge is well aware of who and what Trump is, and the violence Trump supporters are capable of – as we saw on 1/6, Trump incited a treasonous insurrection and violent attack on Congress; indeed, we know for a fact that rightwing political violence has increased since the 2020 election.

It was therefore wise and appropriate for the judge to admonish the jurors as to the potential for violent attacks against them by conservatives.

Nope. You're defending the judge. You're agreeing with the judge that Trump supporters are violent.
Yes. I am defending the judge.

Trump supporters are not all violent. Not even close.

That said, this is a high profile case. Carol has already received death threats from Trump supporters so it is reasonable to conclude that those in the jury could get death threats. So it was recommended they keep their involvement to themselves.

I mean honestly, this thread alone is peppered with threats against the jury from Trump supporters.

Yes. I am defending the judge.

Trump supporters are not all violent. Not even close.

That said, this is a high profile case. Carol has already received death threats from Trump supporters so it is reasonable to conclude that those in the jury could get death threats. So it was recommended they keep their involvement to themselves.

I mean honestly, this thread alone is peppered with threats against the jury from Trump supporters.
She claims she's received death threats from Trump supporters. Not proven.

Forum List

Back