Judge Carlo R. Key

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtPdKjkcZCU]Re-Elect Judge Carlo Key - YouTube[/ame]

Is now a Democrat.

These principles have served as the bedrock upon which my rulings have been made. They are also my driving force. That is why I can no longer be a member of the Republican Party. For too long, the Republican Party has been at war with itself. Rational Republican beliefs have given way to character assassination. Pragmatism and principle have been overtaken by pettiness and bigotry. Make no mistake. I have not left the Republican Party. It left me.

I cannot tolerate a political party that demeans Texans based on their sexual orientation, the color of their skin or their economic status. I will not be a member of a party in which hate speech elevates candidates for higher office rather than disqualifying them. I cannot place my name on the ballot for a political party that is proud to destroy the lives of 100s of 1000s of federal workers over the vain attempt to repeal a law that will provide health care to millions of people throughout our country.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

:thanks:

Even if he loses (and he probably will), at least he took a stand.

“I'm not surprised,” said Matt Angle, director of the Lone Star Project. “Republican state leaders in Texas have moved so far out of the mainstream. They have become so divisive that fair-minded Texans are turning away. Judge Key is a prominent and respected public official, so his actions appropriately draw attention, but every day I hear from people who formerly supported Republican candidates, but now won’t do it.”

Texas Republican Judge Switches Party, Denouncing GOP as Party of Bigots and Hate-Mongers | Alternet

My research indicates it was a political move. It appears he was not going to be re-nominated as a Republican anyway. He's obviously a liberal and should have ran as a democrat before. To be a liberal is to be a liar, and he qualifies!

Forum List

Back