Judge declines to marry same sex on religious grounds

Bans on interracial marriage used biblical underpinnings to justify their existance.[sic]

Thanks for sharing...

Now that is Relevant to what? Subjectivism? Relativism... the limitless capacity for people to misuse Scriptures to serve their own subjective needs? Or what?

Try to keep up with the thread honey.

OH! So ya can't sustain your argument, thus requiring you to yield from the standing points, therein CONCEDING TO THOSE STANDING POINTS?

Fair enough...

Your concession is DULY NOTED and as always... summarily accepted.

Judges are public employees.

What next? They don't like Jews so they refuse to marry a Jew on religious grounds?
Or maybe their Bible tells them they can't be marrying blacks and whites.
Or...maybe they should suck it up, do their job like any of the rest of us who serve the public have to and be thankful others can now enjoy the same benefits of marriage that he can.

Funny thing about "religious" grounds - there isn't a damn thing in the scriptures about same-sex marriage.
Funny how you people think the Bill of Rights doesn't apply when somebody is an employee of government or opens a business.

Its the Bill of Rights that prevents the State from imposing a specific religion upon unwilling people. And the judge is a representative of the State, a gate keeper of state authority. And he's using his religious beliefs as a basis of denying couples state services they have a constitutional and legal right to.

That's a violation of the Establishment Clause.
Marriage is an elective power of a judge, not a duty.....or did it never occur to you to wonder why the only consequences he's facing is a few calls for impeachment from rabid Leftists? Sorry, you can't force people to accept your lifestyle. Get used to freedom because it's not going away any time soon.

I don't think impeachment is the answer but - if he performs marriages he should perform all legally sanctioned marriages or none. It's not "accepting" a lifestyle. It's performing a job.
Yes it is accepting a lifestyle from his point of view. And marriage is an elective function of judges. Nothing ill will befall this judge for daring to have values you hate.
He does not get to "accept" or "reject" a lifestyle. He gets to apply the law as it has been established by those above him.

Judges are public employees.

What next? They don't like Jews so they refuse to marry a Jew on religious grounds?
Or maybe their Bible tells them they can't be marrying blacks and whites.
Or...maybe they should suck it up, do their job like any of the rest of us who serve the public have to and be thankful others can now enjoy the same benefits of marriage that he can.

Funny thing about "religious" grounds - there isn't a damn thing in the scriptures about same-sex marriage.
Funny how you people think the Bill of Rights doesn't apply when somebody is an employee of government or opens a business. Somehow I missed seeing that asterisk. Judges marrying is an elective procedure just like it is for pastors. The way you people think it's ok to force people into the homosexual agenda is sick, depraved, and evil. You people deserve to be loathed.

First off - judges should not be confused with pastors. I don't believe in forcing ANY religious entity into performing something that is against their religion. Second - I was thinking judges performing it was the same as a magistrate which can perform a civil wedding irregardless of religion.

Second - where do you draw the line?

Pharmacists have "objections" to birth control and refuse to honor a prescription?
Hospitals have religious "objections" to homosexuality and refuse to treat AID's patients?
Judges have religions "objections" to interracial marriage and refuse to marry interracial couples?

If people object to performing a job then they either need to get a different job, or let someone else perform that duty.
If the job requires performing marriages (outside of religion) then they should perform whatever marriages are legal.
If an animal rights activist is working in a chicken processing plant and object on ethical grounds then they ought to get another job.
If Muslim is working in a barbecue joint he should find another job if he objects to pork.

I happen to think "sick, depraved and evil" is a bit overboard.
Yes, wanting to force everyone to accommodate the homosexual lifestyle is sick, depraved, and evil. I stand by that. And jobs don't just go to those lacking in religious scruples, and those in particular who hold government jobs may not face discrimination and don't "need to find another job." You're so busily supporting a system that oppresses religion that you fail to see that the Constitution was written to protect the religious from people like you.

How is religion being "oppressed"?

What if Muslim is working in a barbecue joint refuses to serve pork?
How is a civil ceremony, permitted by law, a sacrilege? You folks need to get something through your thick fucking skulls: the bible is not law. Religion is completely irrelevant to the application of the law.
you need to get it through your thick fucking skull, religion is specifically protected in the constitution, marriage is not.
Liberty is protected, you stupid twat. So is equal protection of the law. The free exercise of religion is protected; demanding that others exercise YOUR religion is not. The free exercise clause does not permit folks to ignore laws of general application on the basis of their faith.
Must you always resort to name calling when you know you are losing an argument?
No. I resort to name calling when I am clearly dealing with a low life who deserves to be called what they are. Losing the argument? Hardly. The argument was won weeks ago and you and your like will continue to lose.
We aren't losing, and we won't.

Click to support Help Sweetcakes by melissa

They will appeal, and the queers will have to pay them back.
Sure. Why don't you hold your breath until that happens.

The judge is following religious beliefs. Something he is entitled to under the US Constitution.
No, he is not entitled to refuse to do his job based on his religious beliefs. He cannot be forced to keep the job, but he can be given the choice to perform the job or resign.
Marrying people isn't his job. Judges are paid to abide by the law and their conscience. That means you remove yourself from the court if you feel you cannot perform your duty in good conscience.

You really are dim, aren't you. My guess is your sole understanding of our judicial system comes from your time spent answering for petting crimes.
They are paid to abide by the law, not their "conscience." I do agree, however, that if he cannot perform his duty in good conscience, he should remove himself from the Court. Resigning would be appropriate. Glad we can agree that he should not be a judge.
No, they are paid to abide by both. You need to be better educated.
Share with us the education that convinced you that your bullshit is true? Where in the Judicial Code of Ethics for Ohio is there any provision that states that a judge may follow his conscience rather than the law? Here are some of those provisions:

"RULE 2.2 Impartiality and Fairness A judge shall uphold and apply the law, and shall perform all duties of judicial office fairly and impartially.
[2] Although each judge comes to the bench with a unique background and personal philosophy, a judge must interpret and apply the law without regard to whether the judge approves or disapproves of the law in question>"

Explain how a judge does not violate this requirement when he asserts his personal belief as a justification for refusing to follow the law?

How about this section of the Code:

RULE 2.4 External Influences on Judicial Conduct (A) A judge shall not be swayed by public clamor or fear of criticism. (B) A judge shall not permit family, social, political, financial, or other interests or relationships to influence the judge’s judicial conduct or judgment. (C) A judge shall not convey or permit others to convey the impression that any person or organization is in a position to influence the judge.

Care to explain how his refusal to follow the law comports with this requirement?

Of course, you will not respond to this with any substantive argument. I expect a deflection and asinine insult. Go ahead....

ROFLMNAO!

So, In Ohio... according to our In-house Male Prostitute, serving the conjugal needs of the finest Convicts... comes to report that Judges are NOT authorized to do their job within the scope of their conscience... .

Huh...

So in Ohio... Justice can NOT be served?

Well... I told ya that Relativism is incapable of serving justice and THERE is yet ANOTHER demonstration of precisely THAT!

Go figure...

Now, how do two same sex males mate and corrupt a bloodline?

See: The HIV. (That's the Virus that corrupts the bloodlines of Homosexuals and those unfortunate people who who share a needle with a homosexual, screwed a homosexual, screwed someone who screwed a homosexual or is in the line for blood... BEHIND A HOMOSEXUAL.)

Most folks with HIV are women and children.

And most gay guys don't have it.

Next!

Interesting. So now they are after judges also?

CALLS TO IMPEACH OHIO JUDGE WHO DECLINED TO MARRY SAME SEX COUPLE ON RELIGIOUS GROUNDS

The Left is already calling for the impeachment of Toledo Municipal Judge Allen McConnell who respectfully declined to marry a same-sex couple Monday.

“I declined to marry a non-traditional couple during my duties assignment,” he said per Reuters. “The declination was based upon my personal and Christian beliefs established over many years. I apologize to the couple for the delay they experienced and wish them the best.”

Calls to Impeach Ohio Judge Who Declined to Marry Same Sex Couple On Religious Grounds - Breitbart

So does he turn away people who have other religious beliefs than his too?

No, he is not entitled to refuse to do his job based on his religious beliefs. He cannot be forced to keep the job, but he can be given the choice to perform the job or resign.
Marrying people isn't his job. Judges are paid to abide by the law and their conscience. That means you remove yourself from the court if you feel you cannot perform your duty in good conscience.

You really are dim, aren't you. My guess is your sole understanding of our judicial system comes from your time spent answering for petting crimes.
They are paid to abide by the law, not their "conscience." I do agree, however, that if he cannot perform his duty in good conscience, he should remove himself from the Court. Resigning would be appropriate. Glad we can agree that he should not be a judge.
Share with us the education that convinced you that your bullshit is true? Where in the Judicial Code of Ethics for Ohio is there any provision that states that a judge may follow his conscience rather than the law? Here are some of those provisions:

"RULE 2.2 Impartiality and Fairness A judge shall uphold and apply the law, and shall perform all duties of judicial office fairly and impartially.
[2] Although each judge comes to the bench with a unique background and personal philosophy, a judge must interpret and apply the law without regard to whether the judge approves or disapproves of the law in question>"

Explain how a judge does not violate this requirement when he asserts his personal belief as a justification for refusing to follow the law?

RULE 2.4 External Influences on Judicial Conduct (A) A judge shall not be swayed by public clamor or fear of criticism. (B) A judge shall not permit family, social, political, financial, or other interests or relationships to influence the judge’s judicial conduct or judgment. (C) A judge shall not convey or permit others to convey the impression that any person or organization is in a position to influence the judge.

Care to explain how his refusal to follow the law comports with this requirement?

Of course, you will not respond to this with any substantive argument. I expect a deflection and asinine insult. Go ahead....

ROFLMNAO!

So, In Ohio... according to our In-house Male Prostitute, serving the conjugal needs of the finest Convicts... comes to report that Judges are NOT authorized to do their job within the scope of their conscience... .

If a Muslim judge refused to rule in any manner inconsistent with Sharia law because it was 'within the scope of his conscience', you'd be cool with that?

I mean, he'd be using the exact same basis as the judge in the OP.

Imagine if SCOTUS, current members are all Christian, decided they wouldn't rule on SSM because SSM was against their religion.

What would be the point of the USA?
what if the supreme court stopped ruling based on law and started ruling based on personal feelings and desires.. oh wait, thats what they are doing now.
If they were ruling based on feelings they would have ruled that same sex marriage can be outlawed because that is their feeling from their belief in the bible.
would you rule against it? do you think I would?
how do you know that the judges would have ruled against it, so far they have been kissing obamas black ass on everything they rule on. law be damned.
And here we see an example of the hate, ignorance, and stupidly the constitution guards against.

CALLS TO IMPEACH OHIO JUDGE WHO DECLINED TO MARRY SAME SEX COUPLE ON RELIGIOUS GROUNDS

The Left is already calling for the impeachment of Toledo Municipal Judge Allen McConnell who respectfully declined to marry a same-sex couple Monday.

“I declined to marry a non-traditional couple during my duties assignment,” he said per Reuters. “The declination was based upon my personal and Christian beliefs established over many years. I apologize to the couple for the delay they experienced and wish them the best.”

Calls to Impeach Ohio Judge Who Declined to Marry Same Sex Couple On Religious Grounds - Breitbart

How would that work? What other functions do Judges perform, which would celebrate or otherwise officiate other religious beliefs which are abhorrent to a given judge?

How would that work? What other functions do Judges perform, which would celebrate or otherwise officiate other religious beliefs which are abhorrent to a given judge?

The judge is being asked to do nothing more than their job.

Instead, he's using the state to impose his religion on unwilling people. That's establishment of religion. And a 1st amendment violation.

ROFLMNAO!

Huh...

Well... I told ya that Relativism is incapable of serving justice and THERE is yet ANOTHER demonstration of precisely THAT!

Go figure...
So, too fucking stupid to read the provision of the Judicial Code for Ohio Judges?

ROFLMNAO!

Huh...

Go figure...
So, too fucking stupid to read the provision of the Judicial Code for Ohio Judges?

Keyes is more a 'quote himself as the Judiciay Code for Ohio Judges' kinda guy.

That a BOIEEE!

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Two pagans walk in and want the judge to marry them, dressed in witchy attire.

The judge is being asked to do nothing more than their job.

And he did his job... he declared his judgment. And in so doing he recognized the parties humanity... and declared his unwillingness to participate in officiating over their degeneracy... .

JOB DONE!

Forum List

Back