Judge in Floyd case opens door for an acquital.

Totally wrong.
The park was practially deserted, and there was no one near the pavillion that Rice was near.
And what you say makes no sense about not wanting others to get hurt because it was the POLICE do did all the shooting and it was the POLICE who could then easily have murdered more innocent by standers.

What I'm saying makes all the sense in the world. Police are trained to rush an armed suspect. Watch real police videos instead of Hollywood movies. That's what they do every time. If police needed to use their firearms, the safest way for the public was for them to be close to the suspect so their shots didn't miss.

Last summer I was awakened by a gunshot at 4:30am. I looked out the window to see what was going on. Then I seen police walking up the driveway of my HUD neighbors house. The man exited the house, and police ran at him and arrested him. He took a shot at his wife and she or somebody called the police. That's how they do things.

Rice did not see them coming at first.
He was facing the other way.
And he did not see them until they were almost on top of him.
And no, it is not at all legal to fire at someone just because you see they have a gun.
There has to be more indication that the person is intending to take aim and shoot.
It just having a gun was sufficient to make the person a deadly threat, then we would all have to shoot all police on sight.

You are so wrong. In our state the law reads: A CCW holder has the legal ability to use deadly force if they believe that they (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. Our police officers live by the same law. When somebody starts pulling a gun on you, you don't wait until a fraction of a second before getting killed, you shoot them as soon as the threat is obvious. The officer had every reason to believe he was in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death.

Rice was walking towards the police when they arrived. You can see that on the timestamp of 7:00 minutes on the video.

No one should ever "rush" a suspect.
If police are trained that way, then all the trainers need to be fired and fined for being so incompetent and dangerous.
I agree they are trained that way.
I see it all the time.
But no one should be foolish enough to do that.

Being closer is not safer for anyone.
At that close of range, over penetration is assured.
Nor should police ever fire the first shot.
Closer means more danger, which makes shots more likely.
NEVER do that.
It is EXACTLY these aggressive habits that are illegal and dangerous, that police should NEVER do.
It is easy to tell.
If someone else acted like that, they would be prosecuted.
And that is the key that shows why police should not either.
That is because if ordinary people should not do it, then police should not either.
Police do NOT have any extra or additional authority than anyone.
They can't.
In a democratic republic, there is no one who has the authority to give them any extra or additional authority.
So that is the test one should always use.
If ordinary people can't do it, then police should not either.

Rice did nothing indicate hostile intent.
Having a gun, even in your hand, is not sufficient to believe you are a deadly threat who can be shot.
For example, the police have several times shot and killed the home owners who had just scared away criminals.
The home owner has a right to be armed if they just fended off a criminal attack.
Police do NOT have the right to kill just in case.
Since they are the ones ignorant of what is actually going on, and are the ones controlling distance by their arrival, ALL the responsibility is on them to prevent these misunderstandings and mistakes.
When police training is wrong, and it obvious is, then it is the police who are entirely at fault.
Rice did nothing illegal or remotely dangerous.
Shooting him was deliberate murder.
Does not matter if the police thought they were in danger.
They not only were totally wrong, but they were the ones who deliberately created and caused all the danger.

Wash Rinse Repeat:

George Floyd is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.

Nobody said that.

What we are saying is,

George Floyd did not deserve to be killed over a petty offense, which was escalated by a rogue officer into a fatal incident.

He wasn't killed by a police officer. George Floyd died of a self-inflicted Fentanyl overdose.

Wrong.
If drugs killed him, then it would have showed the autopsy.
But they didn't.
The autopsy showed it was suffocation and lack of oxygen to the brain, due to pressure on the neck.

With due respect, I agree with most of what you have said in this thread. That should be evident in the number of likes I have made of your posts.

My "apples and oranges" assessment was based heavily on the difference between how the leftists view guns and drugs. They seem to want to:
  • decriminalize all drug possession
  • criminalize all gun possession (with exception of their own bodyguards)
I never said dope was a constitutional right.
This is true.

Recreational drugs are those people take for enjoyment and eventually become addicted to.
I stand corrected. I had not researched the accepted definition until just now. My bad.

...care for the topic title to see what one poster is writing about?
Not in this thread.

This is also true. I was merely reiterating the difference between the two; guns and drugs. As you said, the leftists assign blame to gun dealers and gun shows. I agree. And I say that they promote the business of drug dealers.

Dope and drugs are constitutional rights.
First of all, the constitution says rights are infinite, so then unenumerated, and are all valid until they infringe upon someone else. Only then can you make laws regulating anything.
And since dope/drugs harm no one else, it is unconstitutional to make laws against them.
Even more illegal is to make federal drug laws, since that would require explicit authorization for it in the Constitution.

Guns are also a constitutional right, but clearly guns can infringe upon others, so then some regulation could be legal.
Guns make much more sense to regulate than drugs/dope does.
given the crime states, car accidents, and birth defects----dopers and druggies clearly infringe on everyone else.

Wrong.
Crime is caused by the War on Drugs because it turns purchasers and sellers into people who can't use banks, checks, credit cards, or police. So when you force people into cash deals, then obviously you are going to greatly increase crime.
Make it legal and all the crime disappears.
No accidents are associated with drugs.
In fact, some drugs are stimulants and improve your driving.
No birth defects are associated with drugs except if the mother has poor nutrition while pregnant.

With due respect, I agree with most of what you have said in this thread. That should be evident in the number of likes I have made of your posts.

My "apples and oranges" assessment was based heavily on the difference between how the leftists view guns and drugs. They seem to want to:
This is true.

Recreational drugs are those people take for enjoyment and eventually become addicted to.
I stand corrected. I had not researched the accepted definition until just now. My bad.

Not in this thread.

This is also true. I was merely reiterating the difference between the two; guns and drugs. As you said, the leftists assign blame to gun dealers and gun shows. I agree. And I say that they promote the business of drug dealers.

First of all, the constitution says rights are infinite, so then unenumerated, and are all valid until they infringe upon someone else. Only then can you make laws regulating anything.
And since dope/drugs harm no one else, it is unconstitutional to make laws against them.
Even more illegal is to make federal drug laws, since that would require explicit authorization for it in the Constitution.

Guns are also a constitutional right, but clearly guns can infringe upon others, so then some regulation could be legal.
given the crime states, car accidents, and birth defects----dopers and druggies clearly infringe on everyone else.
Especially Floyd being behind the wheel in his car under the influence! Demofks now saying driving impaired is ok? Holy shit do their laws change to make a point

He wasn't driving. He was sitting in the car. The engine wasn't on. That's not illegal, regardless of whether he was impaired or not.

The engine has to be on and the car moving for it to be "drunk driving".

This is true.

Not in this thread.

Especially Floyd being behind the wheel in his car under the influence! Demofks now saying driving impaired is ok? Holy shit do their laws change to make a point

First of all he was not driving.
Second is that he likely ingested the drugs ONLY because of the cops.

Wash Rinse Repeat:

George Floyd is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.

Nobody said that.

What we are saying is,

George Floyd did not deserve to be killed over a petty offense, which was escalated by a rogue officer into a fatal incident.

He wasn't killed by a police officer. George Floyd died of a self-inflicted Fentanyl overdose.

Wrong.
But they didn't.
The autopsy showed it was suffocation and lack of oxygen to the brain, due to pressure on the neck.
Lie. The autopsy showed a massive drug OD. And no signs of strangulation.

This is true.

Not in this thread.

Wrong.
Crime is caused by the War on Drugs because it turns purchasers and sellers into people who can't use banks, checks, credit cards, or police. So when you force people into cash deals, then obviously you are going to greatly increase crime.
Make it legal and all the crime disappears.
No accidents are associated with drugs.
In fact, some drugs are stimulants and improve your driving.
No birth defects are associated with drugs except if the mother has poor nutrition while pregnant.
Ever heard of Addiction? OD's? Brain damage?

What does that have to do with him getting no help
The cops radio’d for emts, that’s been testified to already. He was talking so he was breathing. You said he couldn’t, that fact says you’re wrong and the coroner’s report says you’re wrong

Warning Signs of a Heart Attack: Shortness of Breath and Others
Drugs can cause that right?

Probably.
Especially three times the legal limit! Foaming mouth and stomach problems! Just like the girl friend stated happened to him in March during an OD!

But it was suffocation and lack of oxygen to the brain that killed him, NOT drugs, heart attack, or anything else.

The cops radio’d for emts, that’s been testified to already. He was talking so he was breathing. You said he couldn’t, that fact says you’re wrong and the coroner’s report says you’re wrong

Probably.
Especially three times the legal limit! Foaming mouth and stomach problems! Just like the girl friend stated happened to him in March during an OD!

But it was suffocation and lack of oxygen to the brain that killed him, NOT drugs, heart attack, or anything else.
Prove it. Show the Doctors report. Not crap from CNN.

Wash Rinse Repeat:

Nobody said that.

What we are saying is,

Wrong.
But they didn't.

Oh you soggy little proggie. Drugs did show up in his autopsy, swampy. The medical examiner said that if Floyd had been found dead in his home, he would have called it an overdose. The autopsy has been manipulate to blame the police. It's corrupt.

Floyd-Positive-Toxicology-Results-Hennepin-County-Autopsy.jpg

The medical examiner also noted:

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 11.07.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 11.11.52 AM.png

Wash Rinse Repeat:

Nobody said that.

What we are saying is,

Wrong.
But they didn't.
Lie. The autopsy showed a massive drug OD. And no signs of strangulation.

In each case it was noted that the cause of death was "homicide'. That is not the finding in a drug OD. The medical examiner even stated that he would not say that they amount of drugs found in Floyd would have killed him.

Probably.

Prog Hack gonna Hack Proggily

Wash Rinse Repeat:

Nobody said that.

What we are saying is,

Wrong.
But they didn't.

Oh you soggy little proggie. Drugs did show up in his autopsy, swampy. The medical examiner said that if Floyd had been found dead in his home, he would have called it an overdose. The autopsy has been manipulate to blame the police. It's corrupt.

He also said that in this case the cause was "homicide" and he could not say that the drugs killed Floyd.

Again, I don't know of any police academy that teaches guys to choke hold someone for nine minutes until they die.

They teach kneeling on the head of an out of control suspect.

That might sound like a good reason to get him to a hospital, not to choke him for nine minutes. That falls into the category of "not helping".

Oh, so now it's a choke hold? I've studied martial arts up to black belt, and I've never seen a choke hold with a knee.

Except there's no real evidence that is what killed Floyd.

Of course not. Anybody can take three times the lethal amount of fentanyl and be just fine. :rolleyes:

Actually, no, discrimination is still common... it's why black unemployment is still higher than white unemployment.

Living in that made up world in your head Joe.

Yawn, they like illegals because they can exploit them... not because they aren't racist as shit.

If they're racist, why are they hiring these people of color from over the border?

Most of the serious incidents didn't happen until his last year of office. They were actually sensible agreements.. that the cities were fine with, but Trump put an end to.

Bullshit. I guess your memory is weak. It started in the early part of his first term, or don't you know what the Beer Summit was?

In a move that possibly placed his job in peril, Defense Secretary Mark Esper publicly disagreed Wednesday with President Trump's threatened use of the 1807 Insurrection Act to quell widespread unrest over the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white Minneapolis police officer kneeled on his neck.

"The option to use active-duty forces in a law enforcement role should only be used as a matter of last resort, and only in the most urgent and dire of situations. We are not in one of those situations now," Esper told reporters at a Pentagon briefing. "I do not support invoking the Insurrection Act."

You either have comprehension challenges or didn't understand the question. So I'll type it again, only slower: When did Trump ever tell the military to ATTACK the rioters?

Nope, that's usually a banking institution...

Then it's the bank that starts the company? No, the capitalist borrows money from the bank to start the company.

Frankly, the fact he wanted to go out and look for trouble should have been a red flag right there. Nobody wants a cop who secretly wishes he was Batman. Of course, the fact he was weeping and crying on a gun range should have been a clear sign he had issues.

His girlfriend broke up with him. Quick! Take his gun and badge away. He's a normal emotional human!!!!

Or for a cop to pull it out and lay it on the ground.

Living in that make believe world in your head. Show me the police taking the gun out of his pants.

IT WAS A FUCKING TOY!!!!!!

IT WAS AN EXACT REPLICA OF A REAL GUN!!!

Here's what I saw. Looks like a pretty sweet kid. Not a scary monster you make him out to be.

Oh yeah. That was a recent picture of him. To me, that looks like a 5'9, 190lbs child. :rolleyes:

But I digress. I have a bridge for sale here Joe, are you interested in buying it? You can setup toll booths and make a ton of money. :laughing0301:

No, they do NOT teach kneeling on the neck of someone who is not a deadly threat.
Choke holds are known to be dangerous, and they ONLY teach choke holds if you are trying to save your own life at the risk of killing the other person.
Same with a taser.
Tasers are also considered lethal force, and can not be used on someone who is not a deadly threat.

The knee and shin are often used in choke holds.
It is also a well known hold in wrestling.
It is illegal.
Everyone knows it was illegal in this case, where Floyd was not a deadly threat.

And yes, a large person CAN take 3 times the lethal amount of some drug and be just fine.
In fact, someone used to a drug can take up to 10 times the legal amount and likely be just fine.
Drugs greatly lose effect with use.

And you can NOT shoot someone because you see a gun in their hand.
If you can shoot Rice for having what looked like a gun in his hand, then you most certainly can shoot every cop you see with a gun in his hand.

Wash Rinse Repeat:

Nobody said that.

What we are saying is,

Wrong.
But they didn't.

He also said that in this case the cause was "homicide" and he could not say that the drugs killed Floyd.

Jeebus you are gullible. That part of the autopsy is political hackery. The money shot is that if there were no other "contributing factors", the ME said he would have ruled it a drug overdose. The "Contributing Factors" are CRT Racism towards whites and police officers.

What does any of that have to do with anything I've said
You forgot you posted heart attack?
Sounds like dementia

I posted examples of where you can feel you can not breath but still talk.
Cool, now show me one that says that that hold limits breathing!

That is silly.
The cops sitting on his back were what was limiting breathing.
The shin on the neck was a carotid compression, preventing blood from getting to the brain.

Forum List

Back