Judge lifted assault weapons ban days before mass shooting

Well...that is a shocker...huh? Duh!

So, you actually believe that the shooter was actually waiting for the ban to be lifted so he could got out and kill people?

Is that what you are saying? That is just the dumbest thing I think I have read today.

it's as good an excuse as any for the fruitcake. Hit motives have yet to be assertained. I think an entire board of shrinks may figure it out sooner or later.

That is why Jim blaming a gun ban being lift is so stupid. The guy could get the banned weapon from anywhere and with nuts or terrorists, they are going to get the guns, legally or illegal and use them. So blaming a judge for lifting the ban as the cause is absolutely moronic at best and very ignorant.

There is a better chance that he legally purchased the gun right after the Judge tossed Ban just out of symantics. That put the idea in his sick little mind and made the tool readily available on just about every street corner. There is a good chance that the Judges Public Ruling had a lot to do with his decision. Of course, in his pudding mind, the output was scrambled.

It was against the law to open carry into a store is was against the law to discharge a gun in the store. It was against the law to discharge a gun with intent to cause bodily harm, it was against the law for him to murder. But somehow you believe he would not obtain a gun illegally because it was against the law. That doesn’t make any sense.

Just keep making excuses. And the slaughter will continue.

No excuses, he lived in Denver he could have bought an automatic legally in Denver, outside of Boulder. You are making crap up. I just am stating how illogical your silly theory is. You want to ban guns, fine but I’m not letting you lie about why people kill or their motive when it is so clear you don’t know. Peddle your lies elsewhere.

The number of rounds per load was limited. That kept the body count down. You still don't get it and I am tired of you.
Bullshit.

So, you actually believe that the shooter was actually waiting for the ban to be lifted so he could got out and kill people?

Is that what you are saying? That is just the dumbest thing I think I have read today.

it's as good an excuse as any for the fruitcake. Hit motives have yet to be assertained. I think an entire board of shrinks may figure it out sooner or later.

That is why Jim blaming a gun ban being lift is so stupid. The guy could get the banned weapon from anywhere and with nuts or terrorists, they are going to get the guns, legally or illegal and use them. So blaming a judge for lifting the ban as the cause is absolutely moronic at best and very ignorant.

There is a better chance that he legally purchased the gun right after the Judge tossed Ban just out of symantics. That put the idea in his sick little mind and made the tool readily available on just about every street corner. There is a good chance that the Judges Public Ruling had a lot to do with his decision. Of course, in his pudding mind, the output was scrambled.

It was against the law to open carry into a store is was against the law to discharge a gun in the store. It was against the law to discharge a gun with intent to cause bodily harm, it was against the law for him to murder. But somehow you believe he would not obtain a gun illegally because it was against the law. That doesn’t make any sense.

No excuses, he lived in Denver he could have bought an automatic legally in Denver, outside of Boulder. You are making crap up. I just am stating how illogical your silly theory is. You want to ban guns, fine but I’m not letting you lie about why people kill or their motive when it is so clear you don’t know. Peddle your lies elsewhere.

The number of rounds per load was limited. That kept the body count down. You still don't get it and I am tired of you.

I get it, you lied, you got caught and now you are pissed and can’t answer a thing. No need to reply to try to save face, it just makes you seem dumber and dumber each post. Next time be honest.

It's amazing he was able to purchase the firearm.

according to this reporter, he needed to:
" For the Colorado shooting suspect, the Ruger AR-556 pistol had another benefit: It made purchasing the weapon quick and easy. A rifle of its same size would have been subject to multiple layers of added scrutiny, including a background check that would have required several forms of ID and even fingerprinting. The suspect would have had to pay additional taxes and potentially wait months before the gun was registered. "

Boulder shooting suspect's gun looked like a rifle. But it's a pistol. Experts worry it's helping people skirt gun laws (yahoo.com)

how amazing stupid.

Those requirements might have been necessary if he were purchasing a fully automatic weapon, but not any rifle I've seen for sale in a store.

Fill out one form, show drivers license, background check done over the phone, (never had to wait more than 45 minutes for approval), walk out of the store.

It's scary the bullshit MSM is pushing on the ill informed.

define what an assault weapon IS?
Assault weapon is a term used in the United States to define some types of firearms. The definition varies among regulating jurisdictions but usually includes semi-automatic firearms chambered for centerfire ammunition with a detachable magazine, a pistol grip and sometimes other features such as a vertical forward grip, flash suppressor or barrel shroud.

Wrong!

That term is only used by Moon Bat idiots that know nothing about firearms.

What slaughter? More people are murdered by strangulation than semi-automatic rifles.
Lol, I actually choked a motherfucker last night.

He didn't die though.

You actually lie a lot to make yourself appear to be a tough guy.
You’re a garden variety pussy ;)
I was dragging an asshole off the property and I did it by wrapping his jacket around his neck and hauling him out the door and throwing him into the street.

He was a lot like you; didn't want to take no for an answer and got all pissed off when he realized I wasn't kidding about about not tolerating his bullshit.
I almost got him to cry, lol.

Wow - You’re even tougher and more badass than I’d imagined! :lol:
And you're just as much of a bitch as I thought.

Try to choke me out and see how it goes Mr Violence. ;-)

I shoot an AR almost every week at a range.

Unless I am shooting my Class III M-16 I mostly use 10 round magazines. Easier to shoot from the bench and I can keep better account of the rounds I shoot.

The difference in time to change out the magazines in minimal. With just a tiny bit of practice most people can do a two second change out.

Having a law restricting magazines will not change anything but it will significantly infringe upon our Constitutional rights.

By the way just to educate the confused Moon Bats.

The "Assault Weapon Ban" in Bolder was overturned because the city had broken the state law. The restriction was overturned because the city did not have the legal authority to impose the restriction.

The State law in Colorado (as in many states) requires the state to establish laws and the cities cannot impose their own. It is called "Primacy".

The City of Bolder was the one that was breaking the law and the judge put an end to it.

The fight over Primacy had nothing to do with the Muslim terrorist killing Americans. The Muslim terrorist that Obama allowed to come into this country. Just like this idiot Joe Dufus ran on a platform to bring in hundreds of thousands Muslim refugees every year.

define what an assault weapon IS?
Assault weapon is a term used in the United States to define some types of firearms. The definition varies among regulating jurisdictions but usually includes semi-automatic firearms chambered for centerfire ammunition with a detachable magazine, a pistol grip and sometimes other features such as a vertical forward grip, flash suppressor or barrel shroud.
None of those things makes the weapon anymore deadly than hunting rifles. The loons are just throwing shit out and you idiots lap it up.

Just keep insulting. Yah, that'll work.

Unless I am shooting my Class III M-16 I mostly use 10 round magazines. Easier to shoot from the bench and I can keep better account of the rounds I shoot.

The difference in time to change out the magazines in minimal. With just a tiny bit of practice most people can do a two second change out.

Having a law restricting magazines will not change anything but it will significantly infringe upon our Constitutional rights.

The first time I saw an AR with a 10 round mag, it just didn't look right. I was used to the M-16 with a 20 rounder. The 15 looks correct since we are all going for the "Look".

Why would anyone want a weapon with a 50 or 100 shot clip?

Well, if you and I are shooting at each other, and I have a 100 round magazine (ignorant dipshits call them "clips") and you have a 25 round magazine, you'll have to reload three times to shoot 100 rounds. I won't have to reload at all...

You think that weapon is for hunting?

Depends entirely on the prey...

" For the Colorado shooting suspect, the Ruger AR-556 pistol had another benefit: It made purchasing the weapon quick and easy. A rifle of its same size would have been subject to multiple layers of added scrutiny, including a background check that would have required several forms of ID and even fingerprinting. The suspect would have had to pay additional taxes and potentially wait months before the gun was registered. "

Boulder shooting suspect's gun looked like a rifle. But it's a pistol. Experts worry it's helping people skirt gun laws (yahoo.com)

how amazing stupid.

Those requirements might have been necessary if he were purchasing a fully automatic weapon, but not any rifle I've seen for sale in a store.

Fill out one form, show drivers license, background check done over the phone, (never had to wait more than 45 minutes for approval), walk out of the store.

First of all, a pig by any other name is still a pig. And that rifle isn't a pistol. Plus, it it's equipped like one person showed in a picture it couldn't have been bought in Colorado in the first place. The Pistol Grip in the front and the ability to accept a pistol grip would stop the sale. ARs in Colorado are sold clean with 15 round mags. He would have been able to purchase the clean AR-556 from surrounding areas where he only has to show a valid ID, pass a simple background check (He can forget that ever again) and pay for the gun. Takes about 15 minutes.

For all the talk and Internet Machismo.....

The right to keep and bear arms will hinge on whether or not patriots are willing to defend that right.....at all costs (or not)

By the way just to educate the confused Moon Bats.

The "Assault Weapon Ban" in Bolder was overturned because the city had broken the state law. The restriction was overturned because the city did not have the legal authority to impose the restriction.

The State law in Colorado (as in many states) requires the state to establish laws and the cities cannot impose their own. It is called "Primacy".

The City of Bolder was the one that was breaking the law and the judge put an end to it.

The fight over Primacy had nothing to do with the Muslim terrorist killing Americans. The Muslim terrorist that Obama allowed to come into this country. Just like this idiot Joe Dufus ran on a platform to bring in hundreds of thousands Muslim refugees every year.

It was overturned because of symatics. They used the term Assault Rifle which doesn't hold up in any federal or state court because it's too general. Had they used the term "AR-15 and various clones" it would have been upheld. Stupid people trying to make laws.

how amazing stupid.

First of all, a pig by any other name is still a pig. And that rifle isn't a pistol. Plus, it it's equipped like one person showed in a picture it couldn't have been bought in Colorado in the first place. The Pistol Grip in the front and the ability to accept a pistol grip would stop the sale. ARs in Colorado are sold clean with 15 round mags. He would have been able to purchase the clean AR-556 from surrounding areas where he only has to show a valid ID, pass a simple background check (He can forget that ever again) and pay for the gun. Takes about 15 minutes.

is the picture of the firearm he used, or a stock photo someone used to sell his story?

The first time I saw an AR with a 10 round mag, it just didn't look right. I was used to the M-16 with a 20 rounder. The 15 looks correct since we are all going for the "Look".

It just works for me for shooting at the range. Most of the time off the bench. I previously used the 20 rd mags but I got a good deal on Magpul 10 rounders so I bought a dozen.

I have several hundred 30 rds mags and a couple of hundred 20s but the only time I use them is when I shoot my Class III.

I know what you mean by looking right. I have several "retro" ARs. A1 clones. They only look right with the GI 20 rd mags. The A2s and M-4s look right with the 30 rd mags.

how amazing stupid.

is the picture of the firearm he used, or a stock photo someone used to sell his story?

Probably a stock photo. And the pistol grip is an accessory.

It just works for me for shooting at the range. Most of the time off the bench. I previously used the 20 rd mags but I got a good deal on Magpul 10 rounders so I bought a dozen.

I have several hundred 30 rds mags and a couple of hundred 20s but the only time I use them is when I shoot my Class III.

I know what you mean by looking right. I have several "retro" ARs. A1 clones. They only look right with the GI 20 rd mags. The A2s and M-4s look right with the 30 rd mags.

The problem with the 30 round mag is that it's prone to get damaged when used rough. It bends too easy if you use a metal mag. If you use a plastic (or such) it's easy to crack. The 20 is a much more useful mag for field or combat use. And so is the 15 round. Both look correct and really have enough rounds to be useful for just about anything.

What slaughter? More people are murdered by strangulation than semi-automatic rifles.
Lol, I actually choked a motherfucker last night.

He didn't die though.

You actually lie a lot to make yourself appear to be a tough guy.
You’re a garden variety pussy ;)
I was dragging an asshole off the property and I did it by wrapping his jacket around his neck and hauling him out the door and throwing him into the street.

He was a lot like you; didn't want to take no for an answer and got all pissed off when he realized I wasn't kidding about about not tolerating his bullshit.
I almost got him to cry, lol.

Wow - You’re even tougher and more badass than I’d imagined! :lol:
And you're just as much of a bitch as I thought.

Try to choke me out and see how it goes Mr Violence. ;-)
Give me a reason to, and I'll lock it in and hold it until you shit on yourself, lol.

OTOH, a guy with a 3D printer knocking out printed glock, AR, and AK mags in his spare room and selling them is going to have a nice little side hustle.
:cool:

Forum List

Back