Judge nixes effort to block Confederate statue's removal, Sessions should be outraged

How long have the statues been there? And why bring them down NOW? Because all of a sudden they are "offensive"? When is this bullshit going to stop? When every monument deemed offensive by some whiner is torn down or moved to some abandoned place where the eye is not offended?

How long have the statues been there? And why bring them down NOW? Because all of a sudden they are "offensive"? When is this bullshit going to stop? When every monument deemed offensive by some whiner is torn down or moved to some abandoned place where the eye is not offended?

Not sure -- they were all there when I lived there.
Wiki says the Beauregard statue went up 1915 so 102 years.

Of the four monuments being removed I think Beauregard is their weakest argument. Unlike Robert E. Lee and Jeff Davis, Beauregard was actually from there and fiercely loyal to the place. And unlike the plaque about the Klan riot (not the Klan but a group like it) Beauregard didn't care for slavery and pushed for their rights. Really all he's got is involvement in the War.

Looks like the mayor is trying to appease for future votes, to me. 102 years. Jeez.

Looks like the mayor is trying to appease for future votes, to me. 102 years. Jeez.

Hey, it's WAY cheaper than fixing the roads.

(Ever driven on New Orleans roads?
Ever driven on the moon?
The moon is smoother.)

Forum List

Back