Judge nixes effort to block Confederate statue's removal, Sessions should be outraged

This guy was a full general in the pro-slavery treasonous Confederate Army

if he was so anti-slavery he was also a poser

Is there any evidence that this particular general was a slave owner or a slave dealer?
He wasn't either a slave owner or dealer. He was in the military his entire life.

seems DISGUSTING to me that people are blocked from mourning their dead.

Nobody's "blocked" from mourning anything. They simply want to move a statue. That's it.

oh----will the want grave stones removed too?

Not that I've heard, no.

But the fact remains --- removing a statue doesn't "block" anybody from mourning anything, nor does it "erase history". Those are two bullshit arguments just as the "slaver" argument is.

Democrats continue the tireless efforts to erase their parties past. Slavery, a war that killed more Americans than all others combined, Jim Crow and segregation.

This guy was a full general in the pro-slavery treasonous Confederate Army

if he was so anti-slavery he was also a poser

He was apparently keenly into military stuff for whatever reason, serving in both the USA and the CSA armies and at various times either toying with or being invited to take part in others in Nicaragua, Brazil and Egypt. He was also highly ambitious and jealous of rivals' power including Robert E. Lee and Jeff Davis; they despised each other. But there's no evidence he was into slavery, so that earlier point of yours to that effect, is bullshit.

Is there any evidence that this particular general was a slave owner or a slave dealer?
He wasn't either a slave owner or dealer. He was in the military his entire life.

Nobody's "blocked" from mourning anything. They simply want to move a statue. That's it.

Not that I've heard, no.

But the fact remains --- removing a statue doesn't "block" anybody from mourning anything, nor does it "erase history". Those are two bullshit arguments just as the "slaver" argument is.

It doesn't? Tell that to the Taliban. The object inspires conversation. Remove the object and the curiosity about it vanishes. That's why progressive religious nuts throughout time have worked to obliterate the history of those they destroyed.
Merlin_23939724.jpg

Democrats continue the tireless efforts to erase their parties past. Slavery, a war that killed more Americans than all others combined, Jim Crow and segregation.

Another wag waddles in without bothering to read the thread, slips and falls on his ass.

The slavery thing has been debunked.

Not that I've heard, no.

It doesn't? Tell that to the Taliban. The object inspires conversation. Remove the object and the curiosity about it vanishes. That's why progressive religious nuts throughout time have worked to obliterate the history of those they destroyed.
Merlin_23939724.jpg

Umm.... this thread isn't about the Taliban. It's New Orleans.

However, looking at your two photos, the one on the right seems to have generated a lot more curiosity-seekers than the one on the left. As it should --- an open hole. Taliban are scumbags.

But that doesn't negate the fact that removal of the icon does not erase the history it represents. If anything, it fortifies it. Those who remove icons thinking that by doing so they can change its historical or spiritual connections, are deceiving only themselves. More powerfully, as in your example above, instead of destroying one monument, they in effect construct another, a testament to the insidious evil of trying to wipe out culture.

But back to the thread --- the statue of G.T. Beauregard is in no way a religious icon, nobody prays to it, and the effect of removing it in no way "erases" history. And I guarantee you nobody sits at the red light at Esplanade and Carrollton contemplating G.T. Beauregard --- they're contemplating when the light will turn green.

Again, just as the case above, we all learn something from its removal that we prolly wouldn't have bothered with from status quo.

Last edited:

Not that I've heard, no.

But the fact remains --- removing a statue doesn't "block" anybody from mourning anything, nor does it "erase history". Those are two bullshit arguments just as the "slaver" argument is.[/QUOTe

your "bullshit" is my educated rejoinder

Not that I've heard, no.

Merlin_23939724.jpg

However, looking at your two photos, the one on the right seems to have generated a lot more curiosity-seekers than the one on the left. As it should --- an open hole. Taliban are scumbags.

But that doesn't negate the fact that removal of the icon does not erase the history it represents. If anything, it fortifies it. Those who remove icons thinking that by doing so they can change its historical or spiritual connections, are deceiving only themselves.

pogo waxes philosophical

Not that I've heard, no.

Merlin_23939724.jpg

But that doesn't negate the fact that removal of the icon does not erase the history it represents. If anything, it fortifies it. Those who remove icons thinking that by doing so they can change its historical or spiritual connections, are deceiving only themselves.

Holy shit pogo! You're fucking BLIND! Those "curiosity-seekers" ARE THE FUCKING TALIBAN YOU DIPSHIT! Notice the dude with the RPG? Holy crap! If ever there was a demonstration needed of the blindness of the progressives you're it!

Not that I've heard, no.

Merlin_23939724.jpg

Holy shit pogo! You're fucking BLIND! Those "curiosity-seekers" ARE THE FUCKING TALIBAN YOU DIPSHIT! Notice the dude with the RPG? Holy crap! If ever there was a demonstration needed of the blindness of the progressives you're it![/QUOTE

be gentle with our dear pogo------he may be a bit shallow----but he is teachable

Not that I've heard, no.

Merlin_23939724.jpg

Holy shit pogo! You're fucking BLIND! Those "curiosity-seekers" ARE THE FUCKING TALIBAN YOU DIPSHIT! Notice the dude with the RPG? Holy crap! If ever there was a demonstration needed of the blindness of the progressives you're it!

Sorry, I'm not old enough to be a "Progressive". Nobody is.
And no I'm not about to press my nose up to the screen to see some obscure detail that's got nothing to do with the point. You go on amusing yourself though, Sparkles.

Not that I've heard, no.

Merlin_23939724.jpg

pogo waxes philosophical

Hence my screen name :D

Hey, I can wax --- it IS a full moon....

Another wag waddles in without bothering to read the thread, slips and falls on his ass.

The slavery thing has been debunked.
Debunked by who the DNC ?

Once again Gummo --- learn how to read the thread.
By Wiki and the New World Encyclopedia if memory serves.

Not that I've heard, no.

Merlin_23939724.jpg

And no I'm not about to press my nose up to the screen to see some obscure detail that's got nothing to do with the point. You go on amusing yourself though, Sparkles.

No, you're so blind you can't even figure out that the guy on the extreme right is carrying an AK. Truly pogo, you just got PWNED!

Not that I've heard, no.

Merlin_23939724.jpg

No, you're so blind you can't even figure out that the guy on the extreme right is carrying an AK. Truly pogo, you just got PWNED!

"Pwned" isn't even a fucking word. Go learn to English.

Again, no I will not comb through your move-the-goalposts images with a frickin' maginfiying glass for meaningless minutiae. But I will observe that you're desperately trying to deflect the rest of the post with this niggling bullshit.

Oh well, you couldn't handle it. You're not the first.

Forum List

Back