Judge Roy Moore defies feds: 'Law is very clear'

I would also point out that his position of creating separate but equal was ruled unconstitutional decades ago.

So that person wants to further violate our constitution.

How American of her/him.
How American is it to overthrow state rights? That violates the Constitution but it doesn't seem to matter to the tyrannical leftists.

I would also point out that his position of creating separate but equal was ruled unconstitutional decades ago.

How American of her/him.
How American is it to overthrow state rights? That violates the Constitution but it doesn't seem to matter to the tyrannical leftists.
You appeal to ignorance by claiming States retain that former, sovereign States right since the ratification of our federal Constitution.

It isn't the same thing- but it is the same issue.
Alabama law until 2000 made it illegal for a person of one race to marry a person of another race.
Alabama law currently makes it illegal for a person of one gender to marry a person of the same gender

Sexual preference is not race- but neither distinction- or discrimination- serves any legitimate State interest- and that is what this judge- and about a dozen other judges have also found.

By that logic two brothers should be able to marry each other. Or two sisters. Or mother/daughter; father/son, etc. Just not any two opposite sex related persons. Is that right?

Do you believe that two brothers should be able to marry each other?
What is the purpose of the ssm ... isn't it so that ss couples can reap the benefits (financial) of being married? That's what I thought was the basic point of ssm.

SS couples want to be married for the exact same reasons that OS couples want to get married.

As a man who has been married for over 20 years, I can say I neither married for financial benefits(negligible if any in our case) or for sex(anyone who is married knows this.....). I married because I wanted a partner, legally, emotionally and in every way for the rest of my life.

Okay. Don't civil unions provide this?

No. The Difference Between Marriage and Civil Unions - LawInfo

How American of her/him.

:lol: Yeah...you guys like to say that...until a state tries to ban handguns. (Or legalize pot)

How American of her/him.

:lol: Yeah...you guys like to say that...until a state tries to ban handguns. (Or legalize pot)
The second Amendment protects our rights. Where's the gay marriage Amendment? Who said states couldn't legalize pot? most know it's been near that for a long time in most places.

By that logic two brothers should be able to marry each other. Or two sisters. Or mother/daughter; father/son, etc. Just not any two opposite sex related persons. Is that right?

What is the purpose of the ssm ... isn't it so that ss couples can reap the benefits (financial) of being married? That's what I thought was the basic point of ssm.

SS couples want to be married for the exact same reasons that OS couples want to get married.

As a man who has been married for over 20 years, I can say I neither married for financial benefits(negligible if any in our case) or for sex(anyone who is married knows this.....). I married because I wanted a partner, legally, emotionally and in every way for the rest of my life.

My wife and I do not have a civil union- we are married. Why would anyone accept an incomplete substitute for what my wife and I enjoy?

How is a civil union a substitute for marriage? What's the difference?

How American of her/him.

The second Amendment protects our rights. Where's the gay marriage Amendment? Who said states couldn't legalize pot? most know it's been near that for a long time in most places.

The right to marry has already been declared fundamental by the SCOTUS. Where is your right to interstate travel in the Constitution? You think a law banning people from Alabama from entering California would be Constitutional? Based on what Amendment?

My wife and I do not have a civil union- we are married. Why would anyone accept an incomplete substitute for what my wife and I enjoy?

How is a civil union a substitute for marriage? What's the difference?

The Difference Between Marriage and Civil Unions - LawInfo

I'm left of center and it bother's me. These folks are on the fringe. And they've hijacked my party; turning into a perversion and train-wrecking all our other good platforms by association.

They don't even care about that. All they want is at those adoptable kids...er..I mean "marriage"..

What disturbs me is the Supremes practicing forced shadow-attrition to state laws in violation of their own constitutional findings in Windsor 2013 in order to render a judgment in her favor by citing the supremacy of state laws on marriage to strike down that part of DOMA.
By refusing the stays, are they saying Edith Windsor needs to return the money they awarded her?

How American of her/him.

The 14th Amendment protects all of our rights also- no matter how much you want to deny them to homosexuals.

How American of her/him.

The 14th Amendment protects all of our rights also- no matter how much you want to deny them to homosexuals.
It does, you just think it means homosexuals are special and can redefine state marriage laws for everybody to suit themselves.

You don't give a damn about kids- you just want America to discrminate against homosexuals.
You ignorant asshole. We were founded in 1776 as a nation and haven't had homosexual marriages. How did everybody deny a right that didn't exist? You stupid fucks think with your genitals, which makes you unsuitable for public office or critical jobs.

You don't give a damn about kids- you just want America to discrminate against homosexuals.
You ignorant asshole. We were founded in 1776 as a nation and haven't had homosexual marriages. How did everybody deny a right that didn't exist? You stupid fucks think with your genitals, which makes you unsuitable for public office or critical jobs.

LOL....I was speaking to Silhouette- but I am cool with saying you are a bigoted asshole too.

You bigots are just obsessed with how everyone else has sex and think that because that is all marriage is to you, that that is all it is for everyone else.

How American of her/him.

It does, you just think it means homosexuals are special and can redefine state marriage laws for everybody to suit themselves.

Special as in being treated exactly the same as my wife and I are treated- yes- special as in equal- yes I do believe that homosexuals are special that way.

Forum List

Back