Judge rules against Trump in records dispute with Congress

Exactly where in the Constitution does it say the President must turn over his financial records to Congress?? .... :dunno:
Nowhere at all.

Congress’s oversight authority derives from its implied powers in the Constitution, public laws, and House and Senate rules. It is an integral part of the American system of checks and balances.

Congress’s oversight authority derives from its implied powers in the Constitution, public laws, and House and Senate rules. It is an integral part of the American system of checks and balances.
So in other words you can find no justification for this blatant attempt to rifle through Trump's personal financial affairs other than it might turn up something you can use to politically attack the president. The Constitution does not grant congress the right to use it's authority to go on partisan witch hunts....sorry.

Exactly where in the Constitution does it say the President must turn over his financial records to Congress?? .... :dunno:
Nowhere at all.

Without a legitimate reason, they have no authority to demand private papers.

Translation: We like to make up BS legal wording in order to make people believe it's in the Constitution in order to get our way. ... :cuckoo:

No dumbass have you ever heard of CHECKS and BALANCES, this is a country governed by laws not a ruler named Trump.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge in Washington ruled Monday against President Donald Trump in a financial records dispute with Congress.

U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta, who was appointed by President Barack Obama, said Trump cannot block a House subpoena of financial records. He said the Democratic-led House committee seeking the information has said it believes the documents would help lawmakers consider strengthening ethics and disclosure laws, among other things.

The committee's reasons were "valid legislative purposes," Mehta said, and it was not for him "to question whether the Committee's actions are truly motivated by political considerations."

Does a higher court overturn this ruling?

How much longer can the Trump Administration stonewall the Congress.

Trump's accounting firm is not a part of the Gov't, so he can't use executive powers.

This judge followed the Constitution. The only way this is overturned is if a judge decides to legislate from the bench. The Congress has broad oversight powers.

Not that broad, bubba. Trump could have the IRS auditing every single one of them, but he's not a partisan shitheel like they are.

"Judge Amit P. Mehta", wtf kinda name is that? That ain't no American name, dammit!

"the Constitution limits the legislative branch’s ability to impose limits on the presidency."

Judge Signals Skepticism About Trump’s Bid to Block Subpoena for Financial Records

I tell ya what, these people are up there being partisan shitheels, grasping at straws in a vain attempt to "Get Trump", and not doing a damn thing for their constituents.

This will backfire spectacularly, and I will laugh. :)

Trump's financial records have zero bearing on what laws Congress should be drafting and passing for the good of the country.

Last edited:
Nowhere at all.

Uh they have a legitimate reason or should I say reasons.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge in Washington ruled Monday against President Donald Trump in a financial records dispute with Congress.

U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta, who was appointed by President Barack Obama, said Trump cannot block a House subpoena of financial records. He said the Democratic-led House committee seeking the information has said it believes the documents would help lawmakers consider strengthening ethics and disclosure laws, among other things.

The committee's reasons were "valid legislative purposes," Mehta said, and it was not for him "to question whether the Committee's actions are truly motivated by political considerations."

Trump's accounting firm is not a part of the Gov't, so he can't use executive powers.

This judge followed the Constitution. The only way this is overturned is if a judge decides to legislate from the bench. The Congress has broad oversight powers.

Not that broad, bubba. Trump could have the IRS auditing every single one of them, but he's not a partisan shitheel like they are.

hqdefault.jpg

Hell that is all he is.

Nowhere at all.

Uh they have a legitimate reason or should I say reasons.

List them please.

Yeah well just see how far it gets. LOL however this does bring up a good point. I think it's long past time to rein in this run amuck judiciary and make it so that if there is any tug of war between the administration and the judiciary that it must occur at the Supreme Court level and not just any judicial pissant that feels the urge.

All Hussein appointees should be impeached and removed from office. They are all globalist and Marxist pigs that exist only to subvert the US Constitution.
I think this judge that made such a ruling is deep state. He seems to be part of the Democrat hate that they should be in charge of American life. I wonder if political strings in the Hillary camp had his FBI file conveniently tucked away to get such a ruling. They did it in the Russian investigation using the top brass in the FBI. Hannity said there were about 1% bad cops and 99% good Cops in the FBI. I think this Obama judge is just one more of a long line of ordered attacks on President Trump.

Democrats have becoming overbearing Slobovian House Apes. We need a special counsel to look into Obama picked judges trying to take out the President of the United States. I hope that judge has a quick trip to as much accountability as he is demanding Trump, who has been completely cleared of any collusion whatsoever with the Russians.

But overbearing Nadler has lost it and is trying to order Trump and his team back on the carpet when they've again, done nothing wrong.

I'm sick of Democrat conspiracies.

It's the DEEP STATE RUN!

Q. If the deep state is so deep, how do the kooks on the right know it is deep, or even exists.

A. It's the same old story, a conspiracy theory.

It's the DEEP STATE RUN!

Q. If the deep state is so deep, how do the kooks on the right know it is deep, or even exists.

A. It's the same old story, a conspiracy theory.

The judge started as a clerk for a leftist judge on the 9th circuit. This is going nowhere, and I will laugh.

Forum List

Back