Judge sets absurd trial date for Trump case

They have managed to convince three grand juries that they are reasonable.
Nope. They have, so far, convinced four grand juries that the evidence supports a finding that there is (supposedly) reasonable cause to believe that some “crimes” were committed.

Nope. They have, so far, convinced four grand juries that the evidence supports a finding that there is (supposedly) reasonable cause to believe that some “crimes” were committed.
Three grand juries related to electors that I know of.

This is from the Michigan charging doc:
These defendants are alleged to have met covertly in the basement of the Michigan Republican Party headquarters on December 14th, and signed their names to multiple certificates stating they were the “duly elected and qualified electors for President and Vice President of the United States of America for the State of Michigan.” These false documents were then transmitted to the United States Senate and National Archives in a coordinated effort to award the state’s electoral votes to the candidate of their choosing, in place of the candidates actually elected by the people of Michigan.

“The evidence will demonstrate there was no legal authority for the false electors to purport to act as ‘duly elected presidential electors’ and execute the false electoral documents,” Nessel continued. “Every serious challenge to the election had been denied, dismissed, or otherwise rejected by the time the false electors convened. There was no legitimate legal avenue or plausible use of such a document or an alternative slate of electors. There was only the desperate effort of these defendants, who we have charged with deliberately attempting to interfere with and overturn our free and fair election process, and along with it, the will of millions of Michigan voters. That the effort failed and democracy prevailed does not erase the crimes of those who enacted the false electors plot.”

In Georgia, eight of the false electors were granted immunity for testifying.
Georgia indictment - forgery:
And the Grand Jurors aforesaid, in the name and behalf ofthe citizens of Georgia, docharge and accuse DAVID JAMES SHAFER, SHAWN MICAH TRESHER STILL, and CATHLEEN ALSTON LATHAM with the offense of. FORGERY IN THE FIRST DEGREE, O.C.G.A. 16-9-1(b), for the said accused, individually and as persons concerned inthe commission of crime, and together with unindicted co-conspirators, in the County of Fultonand State of Georgia, on or about the 14th day of December 2020, unlawfully and with theintent to defraud, knowingly made document titled "CERTIFICATE OF THE VOTES OF THE2020 ELECTORS FROM GEORGIA," writing other than check, in such manner that the writing as made purportsto have been made by authority of the duly elected and qualifiedpresidential electors from the State of Georgia, who did not give such authority, and uttered and delivered said document to the Archivist of the United States, contrary to the laws of said State,the good order, peaceand dignity thereof;

I'm asking you what makes you think your fake electors would be accepted?
I’m telling you I never had any fake electors.

Also, I don’t know if the proposed slate of electors would be accepted. But still, in the event that the state-approved slate were to have been rejected, at least the alternative slate would be at the ready.

Also, I don’t know if the proposed slate of electors would be accepted. But still, in the event that the state-approved slate were to have been rejected, at least the alternative slate would be at the ready.
You have at least 3 being tried in the Trump crime family.

True, but they were fraudulent, and have been charged as such in several jurisdictions now. And the attorney spearheading it is being disbarred, and has also been charged with multiple election fraud related felonies.

Allegedly fraudulent. 😎
Touche!!! good catch there.
It means that grand juries were satisfied that the evidence minimally supported the charges put against them, sufficient to move forward with charging.
Which attorney is being disbarred?
Giuliani, Eastman, Lin Wood, Sidney Powell sanctioned and fined, Jenna Ellis was censored.
And, again, we all now plainly see that being charged is far different than being validly charged.
They appear to have been validly charged. That is not a statement of guilt, just validly charged.

Touche!!! good catch there.

It means that grand juries were satisfied that the evidence minimally supported the charges put against them, sufficient to move forward with charging.
I know. But I meant, “so what?” If a person stands indicted, then the grand jury had to have found reasonable cause to believe that a crime had been committed and committed by the accused. In all cases.
Giuliani, Eastman, Lin Wood, Sidney Powell sanctioned and fined, Jenna Ellis was censored.
Yeah. So what? What does any of that have to do with the discussion?
They appear to have been validly charged. That is not a statement of guilt, just validly charged.
No. But they were charged. Whether it was validly charged is a very open question. And since these are corrupted political prosecutions and not true legal matters at all, I see no basis to claim that the legal charges are valid.

I know. But I meant, “so what?” If a person stands indicted, then the grand jury had to have found reasonable cause to believe that a crime had been committed and committed by the accused. In all cases.
Exactly.
Yeah. So what? What does any of that have to do with the discussion?
The persons involved made a bad boo boo.

No. But they were charged. Whether it was validly charged is a very open question. And since these are corrupted political prosecutions and not true legal matters at all, I see no basis to claim that the legal charges are valid.
There has been no motion to dismiss the charges that has been successful at this point.

Another day closer.

Exactly why your words have no meaning.
The persons involved made a bad boo boo.
Allegedly.
There has been no motion to dismiss the charges that has been successful at this point.
Even if true, that’s also meaningless.
Another day closer.
To an eventual tossing of the charges or a trial in one or more cases or maybe even a conviction of more leading to the dismissal of the cases on appeal. 👍

Forum List

Back