Judge strikes down Biden administration ban on worker ‘noncompete’ agreements.....

As an employee I'd sell the company out in a heartbeat. That's capitalism 101.

I'm sure you would.

And I'm sure that employers know that as well.

And that's why you can expect them to take defensive measures to protect themselves and those should be anticipated before a blanket elimination of employment contracts is put into law.

As an employee I'd sell the company out in a heartbeat. That's capitalism 101.
I would hope you would do so ethically. I do use what I learn on other jobs in whatever job I happen to have. And when it is going from one similar job to another, I don't see that as unethical when there is no non compete clause.

In my own business I trained a couple of people who eventually left to go to work for other companies that we were in competition with. We had no non compete clause because the work was pretty standard from one company to the next--no trade secrets--and I did not fault those employees in any way.

I would hope you would do so ethically. I do use what I learn on other jobs in whatever job I happen to have. And when it is going from one similar job to another, I don't see that as unethical when there is no non compete clause.

In my own business I trained a couple of people who eventually left to go to work for other companies that we were in competition with. We had no non compete clause because the work was pretty standard from one company to the next--no trade secrets--and I did not fault those employees in any way.
Ethics have no place in this system.

Ethics have no place in this system.
I disagree though I do know ethics are sometimes hard to find. Antitrust and RICO laws are necessary to make sure businesses, especially those that cross state lines, do not do physical or illegal economic violence to each other. But I would not trust an employee who sold out his/her former boss in an unethical way because what would discourage him/her from doing the same thing to me? And an employee who bad mouths his former boss in a job interview does not make the best impression.

I value those with integrity in all walks of life. And I go out of my way to publicly praise and recommend those businesses that demonstrate good ethics when dealing with me. And we use those businesses again and again. Screw me over once though and you'll never get my business again and you can be sure I'll spread the word about you.

Forum List

Back