Judge Threatens Jail For Trump After Holding Him In Contempt

Gag orders have been upheld by the Supreme Court, they are not a violation of free speech any more than slander/libel laws are

Trump should be treated the exact same way any other defendant found guilty of contempt of court is.
You show me another criminal defendant in the entire history of our country that has faced four simultaneous criminal prosecutions in four different jurisdictions on four different sets of charges, then we can talk.

This is all just a bunch of lies and completely stupid as gag orders cannot be used against a defendant period. I don't know how many more different ways that I need to say it.
you're a moron.

HOw is it against the law?

Okay, now this is really starting to get scary here. If Trump is jailed and his freedom of speech is violated, America as we know it truly has died.

:auiqs.jpg:
Trump is jailed and his freedom of speech is violated,
Trump is jailed and his freedom of speech is violated,

too, too funny

You lost that debate in the Supreme Court, more than once, many years ago. Criminal defendants do not have a 1st amendment right to publicly attack jurors, court staff, and their families.
I'll offer you the same chance to back up your words I gave another. Show me where Trump has attacked jurors, court staff or families. Saying that people are unfair, unjust, maliciously weaponized, corrupt, compromised is NOT attacking them. Most especially when it is fact. If the court allows anybody and everybody else to say whatever they think about Trump but not allow him self defense is violation of his civil rights.

So back it up. Where has he threatened or intimidated anybody?

Nine thousand dollar fine ahaahahahaah.

Butbutbutbut I thought he was going to jail!
Hahahahahaahahahaaaa

I know as it appears that they cannot keep their stories straight.

you're a moron.

HOw is it against the law?

If I'm such a moron name another instance where it's happened before. Defendants are allowed to defend themselves in court that's literally what they're called. DEFENDANTS!!

You show me another criminal defendant in the entire history of our country that has faced four simultaneous criminal prosecutions in four different jurisdictions on four different sets of charges, then we can talk.
Prosecutors wanted to show that Pecker and Trump engaged in an illegal conspiracy to influence the 2016 election. Pecker's testimony pretty much gave them that.

Show us all another criminal defendant who like Trump tried to interfere with and steal an election.

These inquiries followed the 7 October 2016 publication of a hot mic recording in which Trump bragged about groping women and Cohen learning, a day later, that Daniels had come forward with a claim about an alleged extramarital liaison with Trump, per prosecutors.

Prosecutors allege that Trump, Cohen and tabloid honcho David Pecker plotted in the summer of 2015 to bury stories that could harm Trump’s GOP presidential bid. Cohen, who allegedly shuttled a $130,000 hush-money payment to the adult film star Stormy Daniels, sought to open accounts in October 2016 for two new LLCs.

Show me where Trump has attacked jurors, court staff or families.
I am not here to spoonfeed you the basic facts of the topic.

Invite you to read the prosecution filing and the judge's decision. This board is for discussing the news AFTER you read it. It's not for othe rpeole to spoonfeed the news to you.

I am not here to spoonfeed you the basic facts of the topic.

Invite you to read the prosecution filing and the judge's decision. This board is for discussing the news AFTER you read it. It's not for othe rpeole to spoonfeed the news to you.
Repeating my New Year's Resolution and wishing you a pleasant afternoon and evening.

I'll offer you the same chance to back up your words I gave another. Show me where Trump has attacked jurors, court staff or families. Saying that people are unfair, unjust, maliciously weaponized, corrupt, compromised is NOT attacking them. Most especially when it is fact. If the court allows anybody and everybody else to say whatever they think about Trump but not allow him self defense is violation of his civil rights.

So back it up. Where has he threatened or intimidated anybody?

You Soviet types may want to sin false narratives, but what you ask is actually in the court record.

Taking note of your nervous laughter.

quotes --

Judge finds Trump in contempt for violating his gag order, fines him $9,000​

Judge Juan Merchan says that Donald Trump is fined $9,000 for violating prohibitions on commenting on witnesses.

Prosecutors had accused the former president of violating his gag order multiple times, asking the judge to fine him $1,000 per violation.

Under the gag order, Trump cannot make, or direct others to make, public statements about trial witnesses concerning their roles in the investigation and at trial, prosecutors other than the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, and members of the court staff or the district attorney’s staff.

Trump is free to criticize Merchan himself, though it will probably not help Trump win the favor over the judge, who will decide on Trump’s sentence if the jury finds him guilty.

Before the trial, Merchan extended the gag order to cover his family and Bragg’s family after Trump posted about Merchan’s daughter, who worked for a company that helped Democratic candidates with digital campaigns.

I know as it appears that they cannot keep their stories straight.

If I'm such a moron name another instance where it's happened before. Defendants are allowed to defend themselves in court that's literally what they're called. DEFENDANTS!!

unless they are defending themselves, it's up to their lawyers.

have you always been stupid, or have you recently dropped a bowling ball on your foot?

Under the gag order, Trump cannot make, or direct others to make, public statements about trial witnesses concerning their roles in the investigation and at trial, prosecutors other than the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, and members of the court staff or the district attorney’s staff.

WTF??? Why the heck not?

Forum List

Back