judge to Occupy Boston: screw!

Whoa, wait a minute. The shitters started to build a house on land they didn't own, and without permits or blueprint approvals, and the court said the Police were in the wrong??

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:
I shit you not.

Here is a pic of what got razed Sunday night.

Squatterhouse.jpg

And, here's the suit about proper notice: Occupy DC Wins Legal Victory On Camping In McPherson Square

Well, it's no wonder they didn't get their blueprints looked at. It would never have been approved. The way the side walls are canted outward, it would have collapsed before they finished constructing the roof.

When they wanted the design, they must have gone to Andrew Lloyd Wright instead of Frank Lloyd Wright. :lol: :lol:

Now we know why they don't have jobs. It isn't because evil greedy business owners aren't hiring, it's because they are inept.

What part of her decision is a violation of the federal or state constitution?

They are still allowed to peacefully gather and protest they just aren't allowed to break city ordinances in the process.

I think clearing protesters out is a violation a"The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances."
so to you, freedom of speech is camping out where ever you wish, without the government forcing you out? assembling where ever you wish, without the government forcing you out?

I guess my question was too difficult.

All Citizens have rights. So seizing and possessing property is an infringement on other Citizens' rights. This Judge really did nail it. OWS could be in a bit of trouble.

'Where do your rights end and mine begin?' This is a very important question Americans will have to come to terms with and answer. 'Occupation' is clearly an aggressive act of seizing and possessing property. Now does that infringe on other Citizens' rights? I think this Judge answered that question. It could have a very big impact on OWS in the near future.

Last edited:
'Where do your rights end and mine begin?' This is a very important question Americans will have to come to terms with and answer. 'Occupation' is clearly an aggressive act of seizing and possessing property. Now does that infringe on other Citizens' rights? I think this Judge answered that question. It could have a very impact on OWS in the near future.

The occupation of public spaces phase is about over anyway, How do you feel about massive flash mobs and anonymous disclosure of hacked information?

'Where do your rights end and mine begin?' This is a very important question Americans will have to come to terms with and answer. 'Occupation' is clearly an aggressive act of seizing and possessing property. Now does that infringe on other Citizens' rights? I think this Judge answered that question. It could have a very impact on OWS in the near future.

The occupation of public spaces phase is about over anyway, ...
Is that the lose-respect-and-support-of-the-general-public phase?

The occupation of public spaces phase is about over anyway, How do you feel about massive flash mobs and anonymous disclosure of hacked information?

All Citizens have rights. They must all be protected & respected. And i think that's what this Judge was saying.

All Citizens have rights. They must all be protected & respected. And i think that's what this Judge was saying.

This judge used their position to shut down a protest, period. whatever he said was just rationalization.

This judge used their position to shut down a protest, period. whatever he said was just rationalization.

I disagree. Read her decision. 'Occupying' can be used for protest but it does likely infringe on others' rights in the process. Therefore it is both legal & justified to remove protesters from these occupations.

And the judge's opinion was the law - the law that knows no single person or group is ABOVE the law.

If the second amendment was under this level of attack the NRA would be at defcon 5 but it's just the 1st amendment so the same crowd is happy to allow judicial activism to get the scary hippies off the street.

If the second amendment was under this level of attack the NRA would be at defcon 5 but it's just the 1st amendment so the same crowd is happy to allow judicial activism to get the scary hippies off the street.

You're obviously intentionally missing the point of this ruling. All Citizens have rights,not just the 'Occupiers.' All rights must be respected and protected.

See, that's your problem. You think this is an attack on free speech. It's not. They can speak and assemble all they want. There is no right to free sleeping on others' land - not much speech to be had during that, either.

:cuckoo:

Do you understand why they occupy? It's because the news cameras do not really show up until the cops do. If they were having simple little afternoon protests no one would even know a thing about them. If being terribly inconvenient is what it takes to get some media coverage then it is what they are going to do.

How about you tell me where you live, and I come over with a few hundred friends and tents and we camp out in your yard for a few weeks to 'protest' and 'peaceably assemble'. That okay with you?

Do you understand why they occupy? It's because the news cameras do not really show up until the cops do. If they were having simple little afternoon protests no one would even know a thing about them. If being terribly inconvenient is what it takes to get some media coverage then it is what they are going to do.
I wonder why the TP got so much coverage?

Hmmmm.

the 1st amendment is not under attack.....

a right to assemble and protest does not equal a right to create an indefinate "squatter camp"........

they crossed the line form protesting to being a homeless shelter weeks ago........

How do you feel about having your law breaking ass thrown in the pokey?

Forum List

Back