July 4th: Trump hijacking Independence Day

Yes you told me to stand in front of “one” of the things I mentioned. What did I mention “ brand new Sherman tanks”.

If you were referring to something other than brand new Sherman tanks you should have said so.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Why would I imply being a WWII history buff and a Bible thumper say that they still make Sherman tanks? Why would they? I am not as stupid as Trump is and talk on and on about something I don't have a clue about.

I cannot help if you were not clear, that is on you, not me. I read your post the way the grammar dictated.

But I do think you sell yourself short, you are every bit as stupid as Trump.

No you were not clear...

Once again I said "stand in front of one"

You said Sherman tanks don't exist and was a figment of my imagination.

Yes one of the things I had just posted about...and what I posted about was “brand new Sherman tanks”.

You didn't say brand new, you said they didn't exist.

I said brand new two post up, and I was still talking about the same fucking thing.

I am done, you are too stupid to continue with

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

More: RNC Giving Out Tickets To Trump’s Hijacked Fourth Of July Celebration

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?

I think I'm going to sleep very well tonight knowing President Trump upset you snowflakes yet again.

Critics worry is code for snowflakes are short on material and need a tissue.

Lakhota Are you triggered when the Air Force provides flyovers for sporting events? Or does your outrage only apply to when Trump is there?

Would you have been okay with President Obama hijacking Independence Day for political purposes - at taxpayer expense?
Obama would never have done that, he hated the celebration of the 4th, because it was a show of Nationalistic pride

That's because Obama hated America as evidenced by his Apology Tour, and saying America, nor its founding concepts, are no more exceptional than any other country. That is also why he wanted to FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM the U.S.

Trump actually respects America, and wants to celebrate our founding like a proper President does. Obama celebrated things like LGBT Pride, not the greatness, and freedom America allows.

I read somewhere about a veterans group handing out thousands of USS John McCain T-shirts for the event.
Find out where so I can douse the shirts with lighter fluid. No ship deserves to be named after John 'Songbird' McCain for what he did on the Carrier Forrestal causing the deaths of 134 servicemen.

Here’s how an American President who is a Republican celebrates 4th of July as opposed to the Divider in Chief who is a Republican Base President.

You're another little punkass bitch with your Divider in Chief bullshit. You haven't even seen the celebration yet you fucking idiot. It hasn't happened yet! But you are comparing it to another anyway without seeing it. Shut your fucking dicksucker you loser.

Trump will make it a great 4th.
Let me guess... you are one of the elite Ivy League educated Trump supporters? You seem smart. Really smart. If you watched the re-election speech you’d see everything was divisive after 4:45 mins in. Quite tragic.

I read somewhere about a veterans group handing out thousands of USS John McCain T-shirts for the event.
Find out where so I can douse the shirts with lighter fluid. No ship deserves to be named after John 'Songbird' McCain for what he did on the Carrier Forrestal causing the deaths of 134 servicemen.

It was not named after him you fucking moron

What had been a nonpolitical, nonpartisan celebration on the National Mall will now likely be a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-financed political rally, critics worry.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump has hijacked what for decades had been a nonpolitical Independence Day celebration on the National Mall, packing his ticketed-event speech with political appointees and Republican donors.

The Republican National Committee has been offering major donors tickets to Trump’s speech, as have political appointees at the White House and executive branch agencies.

“He’s going to have tanks out there. It’s going to be cool,” joked one RNC fundraiser on condition of anonymity. He said he received an offer for the free tickets on Friday but did not request any. “He wants to have a parade like they have in Moscow or China or North Korea.”

Trump has been enamored of public displays of military might since he attended the Bastille Day festivities in Paris in 2017. His plan for a massive military parade last year was canceled after a Defense Department estimate became public showing that it would cost $92 million and damage the city’s roads because of the weight of tanks and other equipment.

The current plans for Thursday do not include a parade, but Trump is still pushing for tanks or other military vehicles to be displayed on the National Mall, The Washington Post reported, even though their weight is liable to damage the grass and roads. Flyovers by military planes ― including Air Force One and the Navy’s Blue Angels squadron ― are also planned.

The Independence Day celebration has traditionally been a nonpartisan holiday. Now Trump is trying to turn it into a partisan political rally. I think that is ignorant. What do you think?

You un-Americans kneel during the national anthem, which used to always be “non-partisan”. Now, thanks to the regressive left, everything is partisan.

What is wrong with having a few military vehicles on display anyway? How is that “partisan”, unless you are saying the left is anti-military?

------------------------------- simply POLITICS GGator .

------------------------------- simply POLITICS GGator .

No, it is simply ignorance and you should not excuse ignorance in the name of partisan politics

probably named after his fambly member but still associated with 'juan mcstain' GGator .

Lakhota Are you triggered when the Air Force provides flyovers for sporting events? Or does your outrage only apply to when Trump is there?

Would you have been okay with President Obama hijacking Independence Day for political purposes - at taxpayer expense?
They would have risked death from dehydration because of all the foaming at the mouth.

No answer to my question? Funny. Thanks for playing...

There are things for which Trump is deserving of criticism, but this isn't one of them.

What's wrong with celebrating the 4th of July? What's wrong with putting some tanks and other military hardware on display for the public? It's not something the public typically gets to see and it's probably a good recruiting tool to encourage young people to consider serving in the military.

For radical extremists like you, every Trump statement or action is an outrage and your outrage only flows in one direction.
What's wrong is turning it into his personal political rally.

There are things for which Trump is deserving of criticism, but this isn't one of them.

What's wrong with celebrating the 4th of July? What's wrong with putting some tanks and other military hardware on display for the public? It's not something the public typically gets to see and it's probably a good recruiting tool to encourage young people to consider serving in the military.

For radical extremists like you, every Trump statement or action is an outrage and your outrage only flows in one direction.

You un-Americans kneel during the national anthem, ich used to always be “non-partisan”. Now, thanks to the regressive left, everything is partisan.

What is wrong with having a few military vehicles on display anyway? How is that “partisan”, unless you are saying the left is anti-military?
Far more than a few military vehicles on display. Having been to many July 4th celebrations in DC, I know how huge the attendance is, DC gets packed as people find space for their picnics and later viewing the always magnificent fireworks display. The crowd is larger than any protest or rally. Trump is using this already huge event for promoting himself on taxpayer funds. It's insulting for him to suggest we need help or input for celebrating July 4th.

---------------------------------- personal political rally --- I think that that is what you ASSUME eh Crep ??

seems like a 4th of July Rally for Americans , Military and general Patriotic Americans . It'll be good for young American kids that the USA is the Best and a Nation that they can be Proud of Camp .

---------------------------------- personal political rally --- I think that that is what you ASSUME eh Crep ??

He is going to give an address from the White House (which is when the brand new Sherman tanks will be on display).

I am willing to make a wager that address will mirror every campaign speech he has every given...

You willing to take that wager?

You're sensitive.

Forum List

Back