Jumpin Jack Flash...

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I think there is still some question as to what chemical weapons asad appears to have used against his people. It’s an important question as relates to the effectiveness of the limited military action taken.

If sarin gas was used, it is a nerve agent, and arguably a more horrible way to go, but easier to take out production if you know where to strike. Chlorine is obviously more ubiquitous.

Of course, it is possible that both sarin and chlorine were used together. During WWI, chlorine was used with sarin or xyxl bromide because it dispersed more effectively.

I've seen zero evidence Asad used chemicals to begin with. Very dubious

Don’t be naive. He is his fathers son.
Has nothing to do with being Naive. Up to this point I've seen zero evidence offered to the American people beyond heavy handed talk and assumptions.
Hell I've seen no evidence of chemical attacks from anyone when looking at the supposed videos of the people being treated.
Then we didn't even wait for the inspectors findings who aren't even on site yet.

VERY dubious

Murderous tyrants have always relied on useful fools.

Has nothing to do with being Naive. Up to this point I've seen zero evidence offered to the American people beyond heavy handed talk and assumptions.
Hell I've seen no evidence of chemical attacks from anyone when looking at the supposed videos of the people being treated.
Then we didn't even wait for the inspectors findings who aren't even on site yet.

VERY dubious
I have my doubts about the whole scenario.
He was winning, Trump basically said we would pull out a week earlier. It makes no strategic sense for Assad to use banned weapons and possibly bring the world down on him.

VERY dubious
I have my doubts about the whole scenario.
He was winning, Trump basically said we would pull out a week earlier. It makes no strategic sense for Assad to use banned weapons and possibly bring the world down on him.

It is not hard to imagine Putin encouraging him to do it to try and make trump look weak during a pull out, promising - and lying - to have his back.

VERY dubious
German and French scientists went to the area where the Sarin and chlorine gases were used. They gathered hundreds of samples. May and Macron and Trump all waited until the samples were 'blind tested' by numerous labs. All the labs reported the same findings.
When May was 100% convinced the samples were legit. she went to Parliament and they gave the go ahead to take action against Assad.

Funny how some supposed Americans take as their default position to give the benefit of the doubt to dictators with a proven track record of having no compunction about slaughtering their own citizens.

VERY dubious
German and French scientists went to the area where the Sarin and chlorine gases were used. They gathered hundreds of samples. May and Macron and Trump all waited until the samples were 'blind tested' by numerous labs. All the labs reported the same findings.
When May was 100% convinced the samples were legit. she went to Parliament and they gave the go ahead to take action against Assad.
Findings of chemicals does not implicate one party over the other. THE REBELS had a reason to use them so they could suck the US back in.
What was Assads motive? Keep in mind he wanted us to get out so he could finally claim victory in the civil war.

Funny how some supposed Americans take as their default position to give the benefit of the doubt to dictators with a proven track record of having no compunction about slaughtering their own citizens.

Yet no one can explain who these rebels are who we give weapons to.
We have continually supported forces who eventually turn on us or actively work against our interests. The mujhadeen who became the Taliban were a prime example. Also protected for years by Pakistan, a supposed ally.
We created vacuums in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and now possibly Syria.
How is destabilizing an entire region in our interest ?

Forum List

Back