Just 7 percent of journalists are Republicans. That’s far fewer than even a decade ago.

Just 7 percent of journalists are Republicans. That’s far fewer than even a decade ago.

The key to understanding the bias of the mainstream media is understanding that the rank-and-file journalist is almost always a liberal.

The key to understanding Blackrook is that he lies.

From the article- the majority of journalist identify as independents.

A majority of American journalists identify themselves as political independents although among those who choose a side Democrats outnumber Republicans four to one, according to a new study of the media conducted by two Indiana University professors.

Write Lars Wilnat and David Weaver, professors of journalism at Indiana, of their findings:

Compared with 2002, the percentage of full-time U.S. journalists who claim to be Democrats has dropped 8 percentage points in 2013 to about 28 percent, moving this figure closer to the overall population percentage of 30 percent, according to a December 12-15, 2013, ABC News/Washington Post national poll of 1,005 adults. This is the lowest percentage of journalists saying they are Democrats since 1971. An even larger drop was observed among journalists who said they were Republicans in 2013 (7.1 percent) than in 2002 (18 percent),

What seems to be happening -- at least in the last decade - -is that journalists are leaving both parties, finding themselves more comfortable as unaffiliateds.

theo5.gif

I left my journalism major when I realized there were too many journalism students and not enough jobs for journalists.

The key to understanding the bias of the mainstream media is understanding that the rank-and-file journalist is almost always a liberal.

Well, a key requirement for being a journalist is being literate. So, the stats make sense.
How do any Democrats become journalists with that criteria?

Congratulations! Your logical fallacy is tu quoque

Well, a key requirement for being a journalist is being literate. So, the stats make sense.
That's just a dumb remark from a person who isn't very intelligent.

The reason conservatives don't go into journalism is the same reason we don't go into other low-paying jobs, we'd rather make more money so we can get married, have children, and afford the kind of lifestyle that requires, like a big house and a big car.

Liberals don't care as much about having children, so they can go into lower paying jobs that have influence over other people's thinking.

My journalism professor told me that a typical writer at the Los Angeles Times makes $700 per week, which was low, even in 1983. I ended up going to law school and making roughly three times that much.

Forum List

Back