Just As Much A Failure As His Eponymous Plan

Perhaps you could get your doctor to prescribe you an anti-coward drug but I suspect a dose big enough to solve that problem could be fatal.

again, I have a box of medals from the Army that says otherwise... but never mind.

If you need to hide behind a gun to feel like a man... you probably aren't.

Whose army would that be?

Yet he's provided no proof.

I heard Joe held a high rank in the Army. General Admission

But...he sings well:

The only thing I've seen him do well is whine like a little bitch.

Poor, poor ErroneousJoe.

But....it will be an interesting epitaph.

again, I have a box of medals from the Army that says otherwise... but never mind.

If you need to hide behind a gun to feel like a man... you probably aren't.

Whose army would that be?

Yet he's provided no proof.

I heard Joe held a high rank in the Army. General Admission

But...he sings well:

The only thing I've seen him do well is whine like a little bitch.

But....it will be an interesting epitaph.

For Joe to claim to be such a man, he sure hides behind the government doing for him.

Pre Obamacare, what we were doing was working fine for ME. I don't give a fuck how it affected you.

Of course you don't. Then you wake up one morning and wonder why all the people you don't care about up and voted to change things...

Oh, wait, Cleetus, that totally happened. The good news for you is that when you get that cancer, that insurance company that was "working perfectly fine" for you won't be able to screw you on a "Pre-existing condition" excuse.

You can't reconcile that statement.

Prior to Obamacare...most people liked their insurance.

Prior to Obamacare....most people also knew we needed to make changes so that more people could get access to reasonable insuranc.

What we got was overpriced catastophic plans.

The whole pre-existing condition issue should have been resolved a long time ago. The government was the ones allowing that to happen. They regulate the insurance circus......where were they when all this was happening.

So, you can stop with your little meme about how bad it was for most...it wasn't.

Seems we've lost sight of the fact that insurance is supposed to cover the "big one".

But we spend an average of 8,500 per person per year...so a few folks are having some really big ones.

This whole complaint about insurance companies screwing you over.....I've never seen or heard about it personally. But I have read it happens. I certainly don't believe it is universal.

Obamacare has not done anything to help the overall situation.

Please tell me what problems it will solve.

We spend 8,500 per person per year.

That is the bottom line.

Yes. Yes we do. But how much of that actually goes to actual care? How much of it is paying investors, 9 figure CEO salaries, and for big fancy marble hospitals?

I struggle with this in that I have never had this issue.

I have always had good insurance and it has always paid just like it said it would. No questions asked.

Not saying that it does not happen.....just saying not all the time.

well, wait until you get a condition that actually costs some money to treat, then get back to me. Oh, wait, you probably won't have to worry about that because the ACA made a lot of that shit illegal.

Had a couple that cost lots of money....what was your point. They paid...prior to Obamacare.

They made what illegal ? Inexpensive insurance ? On that we agree.

Pre Obamacare, what we were doing was working fine for ME. I don't give a fuck how it affected you.

Of course you don't. Then you wake up one morning and wonder why all the people you don't care about up and voted to change things...

Oh, wait, Cleetus, that totally happened. The good news for you is that when you get that cancer, that insurance company that was "working perfectly fine" for you won't be able to screw you on a "Pre-existing condition" excuse.

Prior to Obamacare....most people also knew we needed to make changes so that more people could get access to reasonable insuranc.

The whole pre-existing condition issue should have been resolved a long time ago. The government was the ones allowing that to happen. They regulate the insurance circus......where were they when all this was happening.

So, you can stop with your little meme about how bad it was for most...it wasn't.

He used the typical doom and gloom "What IF" answer. Liberals try to sell their tripe by scaring people.

Business supplying healthcare was due to government imposing wage and price restrictions.

Perhaps we can get government out of the picture.

Except they kept on offering them after government stopped doing that during World War II.

Not everything you hear on Hate Radio is true.

This is not to imply that only the rich in America can get the ‘expensive’ treatment, since there are many options such as a)getting a loan, b) asking a family member or a charity for help, c) find a doctor, hospital, or drug company willing to work at a reduced rate. All are common.

So this is your argument, insisting that we impoverish ourselves and our families? This again, is AFTER we paid for an insurance plan and our insurance company decides to cheat us, hwich you are apparently all to fine with... until it happens to you.

Now, not that I think that you are capable of an intellectual conversation, but here's the essential argument.

Should health care be a public service, allocated as needed, or should it be a consumer commodity, available upon your ability to pay?

the rest of the civilized world decided it should be a public service.

The US is still treating it as a consumer commodity, even though the system would collapse in a week if it weren't for the government programs and tax subsidies propping it up.

Very little that government does falls into the "just fine" category.

That happens to be your opinion. No doubt, because that's what they've told you to think on hate radio.

I've had pretty good experiences in most of my dealings with government agencies. I can't say the same for big corporations. You know, the ones that send your call to India and Pradip cant understand your problem after you've explained it to him three times.

No, they didn't. In fact, Medicare recipiants had a higher satisfaction rating than private insurance.

But I think you fail to see what caused that. The insurance companies started doing "Redaction" 0 i.e. looking through medical records to prove that your child's cancer was a pre-existing condition, because the revenues weren't keeping up with the payouts. (Of course, getting rid of those 8 and 9 figure salaries was never considered.

I would suggest you read up on a young lady named Nataline Sarkisyan... She was a 17 year old girl who Cigna denied a liver transplant to because they decided that it was an "experimental" procedure and she only had a 50% chance of survival.

Well, clearly it was, as Obama got elected twice. You guys tried to make 2012 an election about ObamaCare... and lost.

Seems we've lost sight of the fact that insurance is supposed to cover the "big one".

But we spend an average of 8,500 per person per year...so a few folks are having some really big ones.

But that's the point. It's an average. I would say that most years, my medical expenses were less than $1000 a year. But the one year it was, I would say I ran up about $50,000 in medical bills. (Cigna covered about 60% of them after I fought them tooth and nail).

The real problem is that if we treated health insurance like car insurance, the system would collapse in a few years, and you know it. But even car insurance we make mandatory.

Had a couple that cost lots of money....what was your point. They paid...prior to Obamacare.

They made what illegal ? Inexpensive insurance ? On that we agree.

No, they got rid of scams pretending to be insurance. But never mind. You guys live in your own little world.

Nice meme.....the term "junk plan" was never utilized until Obama got caught in his lie about keeping insurance.

I had an inexpensive plan for one of my children. It was almost as good as the current Bronze plan but 5X less.

The "own little world" that someone is living in is the one where you people totally ignore the high degree of satisfaction most people had with their insurance.

But you keep listening our elected moron in chief (Valerie Jarrett). I am sure it helps thicken the walls of your bubble.

No, they didn't. In fact, Medicare recipiants had a higher satisfaction rating than private insurance.

Yes they did.

Get out of your bubble.

Gallup: 80% satisfied with health care, 61% with insurance - Hot Air

Americans are broadly satisfied with the quality of their own medical care and healthcare costs, but of the two, satisfaction with costs lags. Overall, 80% are satisfied with the quality of medical care available to them, including 39% who are very satisfied. Sixty-one percent are satisfied with the cost of their medical care, including 20% who are very satisfied.

There is a clear gulf in these perceptions between the health insurance haves and have-nots. According to a Sept. 11-13 USA Today/Gallup poll, the 85% of Americans with health insurance coverage are broadly satisfied with the quality of medical care they receive and with their healthcare costs. At 79%, satisfaction with costs among Medicare/Medicaid recipients is particularly high.

The 15% who are uninsured are far less satisfied with the quality of their medical care (50% are satisfied), and only 27% are satisfied with their healthcare costs. (Sixty-nine percent are dissatisfied with their costs.)

Obamacare’s Collapse: The Weirdest Excuse Yet | The American Spectator

All of this was utterly predictable, of course. In fact, it was predicted by yours truly and many others. Less predictable was the lengths to which the President and his creatures would go to convince the public that Obamacare’s inevitable failure is the fault of implausible conspiracies and unlikely villains. It’s one thing to point the finger at evil Republicans and greedy insurance executives. But when the head of CMS insinuates that the whole mess is the result of health care providers steering patients to exchanges that the Obama administration has been shamelessly pimping for years is just plain weird, even for an oily character like Andy Slavitt.

this is concluding paragraph.

Read the rest to see what a mess we've got (in just one are area).

But I think you fail to see what caused that. The insurance companies started doing "Redaction" 0 i.e. looking through medical records to prove that your child's cancer was a pre-existing condition, because the revenues weren't keeping up with the payouts. (Of course, getting rid of those 8 and 9 figure salaries was never considered.

I would suggest you read up on a young lady named Nataline Sarkisyan... She was a 17 year old girl who Cigna denied a liver transplant to because they decided that it was an "experimental" procedure and she only had a 50% chance of survival.

Never been a part of it. Never had anything like that happen to me or anyone I know.

One case means nothing to me. Sorry.

I've know hundreds of people who have passed through the medical system and been happy all the way.

But that's the point. It's an average. I would say that most years, my medical expenses were less than $1000 a year. But the one year it was, I would say I ran up about $50,000 in medical bills. (Cigna covered about 60% of them after I fought them tooth and nail).

The real problem is that if we treated health insurance like car insurance, the system would collapse in a few years, and you know it. But even car insurance we make mandatory.

You are correct. And as I said......the number has to be skewed by some who are spending literally millions on health care.

Someone else is helping....the definition of insurance.....

So what ?

The point is how much we spend every year. It has not come down and continues to be 17% of GDP. Until that starts to shift...the rest of the conversation is about who pays for it.

He used the typical doom and gloom "What IF" answer. Liberals try to sell their tripe by scaring people.

He's not a liberal.

He is the far left.

That would be Barack Obama.....

....and Obamacare.

When will the Left learn that they are not capable of clear and cogent decisions on finance, governance, or healthcare???
...before or after they destroy the nation?

1. "American consumers figured out from the beginning that Obamacare wasn’t worth buying. Now insurance companies are wising up. Aetna is withdrawing from Obamacare exchanges in 11 states, following United Healthcare Group’s decision last April to leave 34 states.

2. In a well-functioning insurance market, such as for automobile accidents, insurance carriers craft countless plans to meet exactly the needs of millions of different individuals. Typically, only catastrophic unexpected events are covered, not the predictable oil changes. Automobile insurance is real insurance, and automobile owners as well as insurance companies eagerly participate.

Not so for Obamacare, which is not insurance at all. Under Obamacare annual physicals, which are predictable and routine, are covered without charge, but major surgery requires payment of a $6,000 to $12,000 deductible.

3. Aetna [stated], “This is a business decision based on higher-than-projected medical costs.... a second-quarter pretax loss of $200 million ..... we project will grow to in excess of $300 million by the end of the 2016.”

Insurance companies are making losses because fewer Americans are signing up for Obamacare than were predicted, and these Americans are sicker than average. Premiums rose in some markets by 20 percent in 2016, leading to more healthy people dropping out of plans or not enrolling, accelerating the financial imbalance. Premiums are expected to rise by a similar amount—or more—in 2017.

[Clearly, Obama is better suited to be President of Venezuela or Cuba than of America!]

4. The [failed] Obamacare model is not workable, .... It requires an expensive, comprehensive plan that obligates participants to purchase coverage for maternity care even if they have finished having children, pediatric dental care even if they are childless, mental health coverage even if they do not need it, and drug abuse coverage even if they have never taken any drugs.

5. People are not allowed to buy a simple plan that covers major illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, or falling off a bike in traffic. Furthermore, the deductibles—the amount that has to be spent before people can use the insurance—are so broad as to make coverage practically useless."
An Insurance Giant Has Rung Obamacare's Death Knell | Diana Furchtgott-Roth

Useless 'insurance,' passed wholly by the useless party.

Sooooo.....how ya' voting in November????

The Affordable Care Act is Working

For the last 50 years, Americans have struggled to navigate a health care system that has failed to put patients first. Millions who were uninsured struggled to pay for even a doctor’s visit, while those who had insurance risked losing it when they needed it most. Quality care, especially preventive screenings and checkups that keep people healthy, was a luxury for many. And doctors were encouraged to focus on the amount of care they delivered, rather than effectively treating patients’ big-picture health.

Today, as a nation, we are at the threshold of a truly historic opportunity. The promise of positive transformative change in the U.S. health care system is at hand, thanks to:

• The Affordable Care Act working to improve access, affordability and quality in health care

• Private and public sector alignment around better care, smarter spending, and healthier people

• New initiatives to advance Precision Medicine

• Newly unlocked health data to inform providers and empower consumers

• An increased interest among Americans in prevention and wellness

The evidence is clear when it comes to access, affordability, and quality the Affordable Care Act is working.

ACCESS

Strong Enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace. On March 31, 2015 about 10.2 million Americans had paid their premiums and had active coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.

Historic Reduction in the Uninsured. We have seen the largest reduction in the uninsured in four decades. Since the passage of the Affordable Care Act five years ago, about 16.4 million uninsured people have gained health coverage. Those gains come primarily from the Marketplace, young adults who can stay on their parents’ plans until they turn 26, and Medicaid expansions.

Progress in Fighting Health Inequity. Since 2013, the uninsured rate has declined 9.2 percentage points for African Americans, resulting in 2.3 million adults gaining coverage and 12.3 percentage points for Latinos, resulting in 4.2 million adults gaining coverage. Since 2013, the uninsured rate among women declined 7.7 percentage points, resulting in 7.7 million women gaining coverage. An estimated 55 million women are also benefiting from preventive services coverage with no out-of-pocket costs. And health insurers can no longer discriminate based on gender, so being a woman is no longer a preexisting condition.

Medicaid Expansion. Over 12.3 million additional individuals are enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP as of April 2015, compared to before October 2013. To date, 28 states plus DC have expanded Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act. This is one of the areas where we know more can be done. We want to work with all the states that have yet to expand — to get as many people covered as possible.

Reducing Uncompensated Care in Hospitals. As a result of Marketplace coverage and Medicaid expansion, hospital uncompensated care costs were reduced by an estimated $7.4 billion in 2014, compared to what they would have been in the absence of the coverage expansion. Medicaid expansion states account for $5 billion, or 68 percent, of that reduction. If all States fully expanded Medicaid, uncompensated care costs would be about $8.9 billion lower in 2016 than they would be if no additional states expanded Medicaid.

From Coverage to Care. Now that millions of Americans have health coverage, we are working to educate consumers about their coverage and to reduce barriers so that they can get the care they need to live longer and healthier lives.

AFFORDABILITY

Health Care Coverage is now Affordable for Millions of Americans. Of the about 10.2 million consumers who had paid their premium and had active Marketplace coverage on March 31, 2015, nearly 8.7 million (85 percent) nationwide and 6.4 million in the 34 states with Federally-facilitated Marketplaces received an average premium tax credit of $272 per month. And in 2015, nearly 80 percent of Marketplace shoppers using HealthCare.gov could purchase coverage for $100 or less after tax credits. A recent Commonwealth Fund study found that in 2014, fewer Americans had problems paying medical bills or medical debt, and fewer went without care because they couldn’t afford it. This is the first decline and lowest level in these areas since 2005.

Choice, Competition and Premiums. Insurers have decided that the Marketplace is a good place to do business and as a result, consumers have more choices. Twenty-five percent more issuers joined the Marketplace for the 2015 Open Enrollment, and consumers could choose from an average of 40 health plans, up from 30 in 2014. Studies show more issuers are associated with more affordable premiums.

Health Care Cost Growth Has Slowed Sharply. Since the Affordable Care Act became law, the price of health care has risen at the slowest rate in 50 years. Medicare has paid out nearly $316 billion less through 2013 than it would have had previous trends continued. The average premium for employer-based family coverage rose just 3 percent in nominal terms in 2014. Just more than a decade ago, surveys by the Kaiser Family Foundation frequently registered double-digit premium increases for this type of coverage.

QUALITY

Improved Patient Safety. Since 2011, patient harms like hospital-acquired conditions, pressure ulcers, central line associated infections, falls and traumas have fallen by 17 percent, saving an estimated 50,000 lives and $12 billion dollars.

Fewer Avoidable Hospital Readmissions. The Medicare all-cause 30-day readmission rate fell to approximately 17.5 percent in 2013, translating to an estimated 150,000 fewer hospital readmissions among Medicare beneficiaries between January 2012 and December 2013.

Alternative Care Models are Driving Value. Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) are groups of providers and insurers who work together to put patients in the center of their care and create better health outcomes. Today, more than one in every 14 Americans gets their health care from one of more than 700 ACOs established by Medicare and other payers. ACOs have generated a combined $417 million in savings for Medicare. In addition, the Pioneer ACO model has been certified as the first patient care model to meet the stringent criteria for expansion to a larger population of Medicare beneficiaries.

Higher Quality Coverage. After years of dropped coverage, flimsy plans and barriers to care, everyone’s coverage has improved because consumers have new protections, including those who get health insurance through their employers. They can’t be turned away because of pre-existing conditions; they can’t be dropped just because they get sick and insurance has to cover care that Americans count on like trips to the emergency room, prescriptions and preventive services.

We are transforming the way Americans get health care and they have sent a clear message that the Affordable Care Act’s benefits are needed, wanted, and liked.

The Affordable Care Act is Working

I'll be voting Democrat!

Business supplying healthcare was due to government imposing wage and price restrictions.

Perhaps we can get government out of the picture.

Except they kept on offering them after government stopped doing that during World War II.

Not everything you hear on Hate Radio is true.

This is not to imply that only the rich in America can get the ‘expensive’ treatment, since there are many options such as a)getting a loan, b) asking a family member or a charity for help, c) find a doctor, hospital, or drug company willing to work at a reduced rate. All are common.

So this is your argument, insisting that we impoverish ourselves and our families? This again, is AFTER we paid for an insurance plan and our insurance company decides to cheat us, hwich you are apparently all to fine with... until it happens to you.

Now, not that I think that you are capable of an intellectual conversation, but here's the essential argument.

Should health care be a public service, allocated as needed, or should it be a consumer commodity, available upon your ability to pay?

the rest of the civilized world decided it should be a public service.

The US is still treating it as a consumer commodity, even though the system would collapse in a week if it weren't for the government programs and tax subsidies propping it up.

Not all of our lives are worth as little as yours.

Very little that government does falls into the "just fine" category.

That happens to be your opinion. No doubt, because that's what they've told you to think on hate radio.

I've had pretty good experiences in most of my dealings with government agencies. I can't say the same for big corporations. You know, the ones that send your call to India and Pradip cant understand your problem after you've explained it to him three times.

Gads, you're a dunce.

Corporations are owned, for the most part, by the people.

One example:

“Exxon Mobil, in fact, is owned mostly by ordinary Americans. Mutual funds, index funds and pension funds (including union pension funds) own about 52 percent of Exxon Mobil’s shares. Individual shareholders, about two million or so, own almost all the rest. The pooh-bahs who run Exxon own less than 1 percent of the company.” http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/02/business/02every.html

Forum List

Back