Just watched Republican Senator John Barrasso (WY) on Morning Joe

R

rdean

.: US Senator John Barrasso [R-WY] :: Welcome :.

Guys like this are why Republicans have the problems they have. First, he gave a long speech about how Obamacare makes companies purchase only expensive insurance for their employees and that's why they are only hiring for 30 hours a week.

I don't even have to go online to prove that's a lie. The company I work at provides 4 levels of insurance depending on what you are willing to pay for. Duh!

So they opened the panel up for questions. One asked him, "Can you name a Fortune 500 company that is not hiring because of insurance?" and he couldn't. But then he said the statistics proved he was right. So he was asked which study was he referring to? He said he went around and talked personally to small business owners. Then he complained wages are stagnant. It was pointed out they have been stagnant since Bush. So he was asked again which Fortune 500 blah blah blah.........clearly he began to get frustrated.

So they moved on to guns.

He was asked why he voted no on background checks. He said because the current law didn't work. He was asked if mentally unstable people should be allowed guns. He said of course not. He was asked what he would do to stop them and he said they should have their background checked. So he was asked why he voted against background checks and he said because the first law didn't work so why put another one in place. So he was asked again if mentally unstable people should have their background checked and he said of course. So he was asked why he didn't support background checks. Finally, they just gave up.

The guy came across as a fool so I go visit his site and look at it.

He starts off complaining about Obamacare and there is not a single statistic or study to back him up. In fact, one of the complaints is that bars aren't hiring. Hello, people can't afford to go to bars.

The second thing is "unnecessary regulations".

The third is a list of regulations he is sponsoring.

Where do Republicans find these guys? And how do they convince people to vote for them?

Harry reid, obamacare will be a train wreck witout additional funding. Liberal back tracking at it's best.

Guys like this are why Republicans have the problems they have. First, he gave a long speech about how Obamacare makes companies purchase only expensive insurance for their employees and that's why they are only hiring for 30 hours a week.

I don't even have to go online to prove that's a lie. The company I work at provides 4 levels of insurance depending on what you are willing to pay for. Duh!

So they opened the panel up for questions. One asked him, "Can you name a Fortune 500 company that is not hiring because of insurance?" and he couldn't. But then he said the statistics proved he was right. So he was asked which study was he referring to? He said he went around and talked personally to small business owners. Then he complained wages are stagnant. It was pointed out they have been stagnant since Bush. So he was asked again which Fortune 500 blah blah blah.........clearly he began to get frustrated.

He was asked why he voted no on background checks. He said because the current law didn't work. He was asked if mentally unstable people should be allowed guns. He said of course not. He was asked what he would do to stop them and he said they should have their background checked. So he was asked why he voted against background checks and he said because the first law didn't work so why put another one in place. So he was asked again if mentally unstable people should have their background checked and he said of course. So he was asked why he didn't support background checks. Finally, they just gave up.

He starts off complaining about Obamacare and there is not a single statistic or study to back him up. In fact, one of the complaints is that bars aren't hiring. Hello, people can't afford to go to bars.

Where do Republicans find these guys? And how do they convince people to vote for them?

First Dr. Barrasso has a private orthopedic practice, Barrasso was Chief of Staff of the Wyoming Medical Center, State President of the Wyoming Medical Society, President of the National Association of Physician Broadcasters, and a member of the American Medical Association Council of Ethics and Judicial Affairs.
2nd.. STUDIES YOU WANT STATISTICS of HOW STUPID Obamacare is??

Let start with the totally BLATANT LIE there are as Obama has repeatedly stated:
"We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,"
46 Million Uninsured: A Look Behind The Number : NPR
THERE ARE 4 million truly uninsured that WANT insurance! NOT 46 million!
FACT STATISTICS:
GIVEN: The Census bureau says 10 million of the 46 million "uninsured' are not citizens…
Subtract 10 million from 46 million leaves 36 million… NOT 46 million!

Source: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
GIVEN: 14 million are eligible for Medicaid..but they are counted as "uninsured"….
but Obama totally ignored this FACT and subtracting 14 million from 36 million that leaves 22 million…
Source: http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf

Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association contracted with the Actuarial Research Corporation (ARC) to provide a detailed analysis of the uninsured identified by the Census Bureau, which found:
- Of the 44.7 million non-elderly uninsured individuals identified in the 2004 Census Current Population Survey (CPS) data,
nearly one-third — almost 14 million — were reachable through existing government
health programs such as Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) under current rules.

REACHABLE meaning all these people had to do was enroll! NO money. NO risks! Just enroll! 14 million already eligible only need to register with MEDICAID!

So far we've reduced the 46 million by 10 million NON-Citizens, 14 million that simply had to enroll as they were covered by Medicaid!

That leaves 22 million!

The last time I checked as an American I had the right NOT to buy health insurance!

18 million people declaring that right!

They are under age 34.
They make over $50,000 a year decided it is cheaper just to pay out of pocket the average of $1,000 per year for their health needs then take up their employers' health plan.

Their credit rating depends on their paying their bills . They pay their own way!
Source: CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

When you subtract 18 million from 22 million that leaves only 4 MILLION that truly want and need health insurance! NOT 46 million!

YOU WANT FACTS... YOU CAN'T HANDLE the FACTS!
I have more and more and more!

The only thing interesting in this thread is that we have figured out who Morning Schmoe's viewer is.

To hear him tell it, Deany watches Morning Joe and listens to every word from Limbaugh and Hannity

FACT:
[*]Physicians estimate the cost of defensive medicine in US at $650 to $850 billion per year. This is 26 to 34% of all US healthcare costs.
[*]Up to 92% of US physicians practice defensive medicine.
[*]76% of physicians report that defensive medicine decreases patient access to healthcare.
[*]53% of physicians report delaying new techniques, procedures, and treatments due to fear of lawsuits.
[*]Patients most affected by defensive medicine include those visiting emergency rooms and those requiring surgery.
[*]Women are most affected by defensive medicine.
[*]Emergency medicine, primary care, and OB/GYN physicians are most likely to practice defensive medicine.
[*]79 to 83% of surgeons and OB/GYNs have been named in lawsuits.
[/LIST]
Source:Health News Observer ? Physicians Estimate The Cost Of Defensive Medicine In Us At 650 To 850 Bill Articles

TAX the lawyers as Obamacare taxed tanning salons since EVERYONE KNOWS tanning salons cause cancer and so to Lawyers cause $850 billion in defensive medicine!

The 10% or $20 billion would pay the premiums for the truly 4 million that want and need health insurance.
So when an uninsured goes to the emergency room, the ER registers the 'uninsured" and then sends claims directly to insurance company that was paid the premium.
As a result hospitals won't have to "pad and pass" on as most hospitals to to recover these expenses when they send claims to Medicare/insurance companies.

With lawyers taxed for causing $850 billion in defensive medicine and hospitals no longer allowed to pad and pass health care Costs WILL REDUCE!

Oh, and you thought we were the kooks. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Those on the far right truly are idiots. These morons are clearly just playing games and are against anything the president proposes and no matter what the vote is for, (minus destroying medicare, social security, and more spending to bankroll their cronies) they are against it.

I can't want until next year when the american people will finish the job of voting all these right wing lunatics out of office.

Those on the far right truly are idiots. These morons are clearly just playing games and are against anything the president proposes and no matter what the vote is for, (minus destroying medicare, social security, and more spending to bankroll their cronies) they are against it.

I can't want until next year when the american people will finish the job of voting all these right wing lunatics out of office.

You idiot it's your own guy saying obamacare will be a train wreck without additional funding. The democrats own this one and it's gonna be the downfall of the democrat party.

you are right BL they are......lets hope the Far Left Wingers get shown the door too....

You idiot it's your own guy saying obamacare will be a train wreck without additional funding. The democrats own this one and it's gonna be the downfall of the democrat party.

The right wing idiots said obamacare would cost Obama the election and it was going to be a republican landslide victory in 2012 and look how that turned out.

It's going to be a repeat performance next year unless the GOP pulls a miracle by getting their heads out of their asses and return to sanity, but I don't see that happening until at least into Hillary's 2nd term as president.

We need more senators like this. He's correct about Ocare and guns. When the Ocare dies the country will benefit.

Yeah? Well just hang around blackboy.

You and the other idiots who are applauding the ACA are going to see just how big a train wreck this pos bill is going to be.

I'm sure we won't hear word one from you when that train wreck rolls right off the tracks.

The fucking Dems didn't even read that POS but had not problem passing it and dumping it in the taxpayers lap while exempting themselves from what we are now going to face.

Your an idiot.

Fortune 500 companies don't make hiring decisions based on insurance or minimum wage. They also don't employ the majority of workers. Small businesses certainly do make decisions based on insurance and minimum wage.

You and the other idiots who are applauding the ACA are going to see just how big a train wreck this pos bill is going to be.

I'm sure we won't hear word one from you when that train wreck rolls right off the tracks.

The fucking Dems didn't even read that POS but had not problem passing it and dumping it in the taxpayers lap while exempting themselves from what we are now going to face.

Your an idiot.

Willard created the ACA with his Romneycare when he was governor. It's damn funny that the right wingers throw such a pissy fit over Obamacare, yet they nominated the guy who was the one that turned the individual mandate into a reality.

Your an idiot.

Willard created the ACA with his Romneycare when he was governor. It's damn funny that the right wingers throw such a pissy fit over Obamacare, yet they nominated the guy who was the one that turned the individual mandate into a reality.

It was a state issue...not a federal law. Other states are not legally bound by another state's law. Its real simple.

Your an idiot.

It was a state issue...not a federal law. Other states are not legally bound by another state's law. Its real simple.

Nice excuse, the GOP has been fighting like hell for years to get the ACA passed on the national level. Obama was able to get the republican bill passed and now they are all butthurt that he did.

Nice excuse, the GOP has been fighting like hell for years to get the ACA passed on the national level. Obama was able to get the republican bill passed and now they are all butthurt that he did.

No excuse. That's what it is. Doesn't matter if its a republican or democrat forcing it down our throats. Its a horrible idea which will add trillions in debt.

Forum List

Back