Just when you thought there were no good Democrats left

NFL rakes in an incredible $14 billion during 2016 season
The NFL has reached yet another new height.

Ray From Cleveland, post: 18085294,
For those of us that disprove, we will not turn the games on. We in Cleveland will join the tens of thousands or perhaps millions that did the same which is sinking the NFL ratings.

More fantasy world bs. Many factors affected ratings last year. See the factors.

. McManus said he believed the biggest factor in last year’s decline was news coverage of the election, particularly in the primetime windows. “That was an important factor,” he said. “Then there was the retirement of Peyton Manning, the fact that Tom Brady wasn’t playing the first four weeks, J.J. Watt not playing, I think those storylines were a factor. There were also some less than compelling games, quite frankly. The Cubs winning the World Series for the first time in that many years. They were all factors that contributed.

But viewership was up by five million. That is the opposite of some boycott over anthem protests.

"The issue of how much the anthem protests—fueled by former Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick— impacted ratings remains highly debated in sports television circles. Earlier in the week, Mike Mulvihill, the executive vice president of research, league operations and strategy for Fox Sports, emphatically told Sports Business Daily media reporter John Ourand that any NFL viewer backlash to Kaepernick was not a factor in the NFL declines. He made his point based on the total number of people that watched any amount of the NFL regular season—a number that grew by five million viewers."

CBS study: Kaepernick was factor in NFL ratings dip

Other factors are Gamepass and fantasy football. I watch football out of loyalty to my home team. Never played fantasy football. Many fantasy players don't watch games anymore the just follow stats on line and big plays.

I like gamepass. Just got it this year but I don't think it gets counted in typical market tv ratings.

Survey: Protests top reason NFL ratings dipped

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/07/...hem-protests-top-reason-for-nfl-ratings-drop/

Problem is Ray, if you actually read your source...

"J.D. Power noted that only 12 percent of the fans it surveyed said they watched fewer NFL games last season, with 27 percent of people saying they watched more and 62 percent saying they watched just as much as they had the season before."

So, actually MORE people are watching, it's just that what 3% of fans watched LESS, not stopped watching, because of the protests, and yet 27% are watching MORE.

Oh, them there protests are having a MASSIVE IMPACT.

Given the fact you can protest anytime you desire, to select protesting during the anthem and in facing our flag is venting your hatred for our country. After all, what is the point of the National Anthem? It's to show respect for our flag and country. To do just the opposite is showing disrespect for our flag, anthem and country.

You can protest while you're taking a shit on the toilet. But who's listening?

The fact that they protested and we are talking about it, shows that there are times and places to protest which are actually effective. This is what the founding fathers wanted.

It's still not hatred of the country. Otherwise the Constitution is hatred of the country and so were the founding fathers.

Do you think the Constitution is anti-American Ray? Seriously?

It doesn't have to be unconstitutional to disrespect our country and anthem. You can do that if you desire by our laws. After all, nobody got arrested, did they?

Yes, their childish behavior did get attention, and I'm showing them the result of that attention and so are thousands of others.

Well, again Ray, you think it's disrespectful, you think it's childish behavior. That's what you think and based on my experience of you, I know you're not going to change from your partisan views. So, is there any reason to go back and forward you saying what you think and me saying what I think? Not really.

You have your belief, and you can say it, you can protest it. I have mine and can do the same, and they can do their.

Protesting the anthem or flag is not only legal, it's protected by the Constitution. That IS WHAT AMERICA IS. You're the one who seems to hate that.

Correct, I do hate that. It was never an issue about legalities or constitutionalism. It was an issue about respect or in this case, disrespect.

If you approve of that kind of behavior, then watch the games. For those of us that disprove, we will not turn the games on. We in Cleveland will join the tens of thousands or perhaps millions that did the same which is sinking the NFL ratings.

Again, it's fine if you think it's about disrespect. But as I said, disrespect is subjective.

Maybe NFL is sinking because the product is actually a load of rubbish. I watched the Superbowl once, I got through enough ads to last me a lifetime, and saw a few people throwing a ball in between. It's probably not because of the protests.

Actually many people do tune in to see all the new ads. Of course most of them are stupid, but you never know when some company will come off with a zinger that will be talked about for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Watching the game after the protest forgives the objectionable actions of the protesters.

So every fan that watches games now are un-American for forgiving what they did. Is that right? What about combat vets that watch games. You are a sicko.

You can protest while you're taking a shit on the toilet. But who's listening?

The fact that they protested and we are talking about it, shows that there are times and places to protest which are actually effective. This is what the founding fathers wanted.

It's still not hatred of the country. Otherwise the Constitution is hatred of the country and so were the founding fathers.

Do you think the Constitution is anti-American Ray? Seriously?

It doesn't have to be unconstitutional to disrespect our country and anthem. You can do that if you desire by our laws. After all, nobody got arrested, did they?

Yes, their childish behavior did get attention, and I'm showing them the result of that attention and so are thousands of others.

Well, again Ray, you think it's disrespectful, you think it's childish behavior. That's what you think and based on my experience of you, I know you're not going to change from your partisan views. So, is there any reason to go back and forward you saying what you think and me saying what I think? Not really.

You have your belief, and you can say it, you can protest it. I have mine and can do the same, and they can do their.

Protesting the anthem or flag is not only legal, it's protected by the Constitution. That IS WHAT AMERICA IS. You're the one who seems to hate that.

Correct, I do hate that. It was never an issue about legalities or constitutionalism. It was an issue about respect or in this case, disrespect.

If you approve of that kind of behavior, then watch the games. For those of us that disprove, we will not turn the games on. We in Cleveland will join the tens of thousands or perhaps millions that did the same which is sinking the NFL ratings.

Again, it's fine if you think it's about disrespect. But as I said, disrespect is subjective.

Maybe NFL is sinking because the product is actually a load of rubbish. I watched the Superbowl once, I got through enough ads to last me a lifetime, and saw a few people throwing a ball in between. It's probably not because of the protests.

Actually many people do tune in to see all the new ads. Of course most of them are stupid, but you never know when some company will come off with a zinger that will be talked about for weeks.

Maybe, I don't watch TV, and I have adblocker on the internet. Ads aren't mything.

The thing is your whole argument is that protests are turning people off, but more people are watching NFL. So, while it might turn some people off, most publicity is good publicity for the brand.

Maybe, I don't watch TV, and I have adblocker on the internet. Ads aren't mything.

The thing is your whole argument is that protests are turning people off, but more people are watching NFL. So, while it might turn some people off, most publicity is good publicity for the brand.

No, that is incorrect. The 2016 season seen a substantial drop however preseason is up this year which doesn't mean much. If players continue this charade it will drop again. This post is about one team and their ratings have yet to be determined.

You can't seriously think that players taking this stance will not be offensive to some people. It is, particularly those who served in our military and those who are police officers and their families. As I stated earlier on, one of my coworkers is a retired Cleveland police officer, and he and his wife decided no more Browns on their television sets. Does this mean that all officers will feel the same way? No, but I would be willing to bet my years paycheck to your weeks paycheck that most of them do.

No, that is incorrect. The 2016 season seen a substantial drop however preseason is up this year which doesn't mean much. If players continue this charade it will drop again. This post is about one team and their ratings have yet to be determined.

You can't seriously think that players taking this stance will not be offensive to some people. It is, particularly those who served in our military and those who are police officers and their families. As I stated earlier on, one of my coworkers is a retired Cleveland police officer, and he and his wife decided no more Browns on their television sets. Does this mean that all officers will feel the same way? No, but I would be willing to bet my years paycheck to your weeks paycheck that most of them do.

Well things can go up and down. The reality is there's nothing to show that the 3% of people turning off because of the protests aren't being matched by an increase of 3% for other things. Potentially the reasons they might be losing viewing figures are because of other things, or a combination of things, and it might just be about society itself turning off from a pretty dull game.

Well things can go up and down. The reality is there's nothing to show that the 3% of people turning off because of the protests aren't being matched by an increase of 3% for other things. Potentially the reasons they might be losing viewing figures are because of other things, or a combination of things, and it might just be about society itself turning off from a pretty dull game.

Right, and its's just a coincidence that it happened when this protest stuff started.

Football in 2016 was no more boring than it was in 2015, 2014, 2013........... even the Super Bowl was supposed to be a pretty good game, and that too seen a drop in ratings. I didn't see it so I don't know. Just going by what others were saying about the game.

When you think about the hundreds of thousands of police officers we have, the millions who are in the armed forces or vets, it's not hard to believe that many of them are turning off football because the league is allowing this to go on. Of course that would have an impact on the ratings.

Yes, we are a forgiving people, and that's why I said if they stop now, they might be able to get some of those people back. If they continue, I see more damage to their ratings in the future.

Right, and its's just a coincidence that it happened when this protest stuff started.

Football in 2016 was no more boring than it was in 2015, 2014, 2013........... even the Super Bowl was supposed to be a pretty good game, and that too seen a drop in ratings. I didn't see it so I don't know. Just going by what others were saying about the game.

When you think about the hundreds of thousands of police officers we have, the millions who are in the armed forces or vets, it's not hard to believe that many of them are turning off football because the league is allowing this to go on. Of course that would have an impact on the ratings.

Yes, we are a forgiving people, and that's why I said if they stop now, they might be able to get some of those people back. If they continue, I see more damage to their ratings in the future.

So, you're saying it must be true because two things happened at the same time. I do have graphs to show that this is a little ridiculous.

Viewership-Among-All-Adult-Demos-Chart.jpg

Looks like it's been dropping year on year for the last few years.

super-bowl-us-tv-viewership.jpg

Also through the 1990s there were ups and down but more or less stayed at the same level, then took a hike up from 2005 and stopped about 2011 and then has sort of gone up a bit, down a bit for the Super Bowl. Are less people watching the super bowl because of protests?

Things change all the time, and protests don't seem to be that important, and that was from your own source.

You could be right, but you haven't proven anything. Probably you're wrong, but either way, you're not showing much at all.

NFL rakes in an incredible $14 billion during 2016 season
The NFL has reached yet another new height.

Ray From Cleveland, post: 18085294,
For those of us that disprove, we will not turn the games on. We in Cleveland will join the tens of thousands or perhaps millions that did the same which is sinking the NFL ratings.

More fantasy world bs. Many factors affected ratings last year. See the factors.

. McManus said he believed the biggest factor in last year’s decline was news coverage of the election, particularly in the primetime windows. “That was an important factor,” he said. “Then there was the retirement of Peyton Manning, the fact that Tom Brady wasn’t playing the first four weeks, J.J. Watt not playing, I think those storylines were a factor. There were also some less than compelling games, quite frankly. The Cubs winning the World Series for the first time in that many years. They were all factors that contributed.

But viewership was up by five million. That is the opposite of some boycott over anthem protests.

"The issue of how much the anthem protests—fueled by former Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick— impacted ratings remains highly debated in sports television circles. Earlier in the week, Mike Mulvihill, the executive vice president of research, league operations and strategy for Fox Sports, emphatically told Sports Business Daily media reporter John Ourand that any NFL viewer backlash to Kaepernick was not a factor in the NFL declines. He made his point based on the total number of people that watched any amount of the NFL regular season—a number that grew by five million viewers."

CBS study: Kaepernick was factor in NFL ratings dip

Other factors are Gamepass and fantasy football. I watch football out of loyalty to my home team. Never played fantasy football. Many fantasy players don't watch games anymore the just follow stats on line and big plays.

I like gamepass. Just got it this year but I don't think it gets counted in typical market tv ratings.

Get the fuck out of here...it was all about the negros being disrespectful to the USA

Regarding Cleveland's 2015 settlement with U.S. Justice Department that outlines numerous police brutality reforms; "Loomis spends his time trying to undermine the settlement, which he publicly discounts as misguided, unfair and not needed. He also cozied up last year to then-presidential candidate Donald Trump...". "Loomis and the union endorsed Trump." see link below.

Ray From Cleveland, post: 18092078
As I stated earlier on, one of my coworkers is a retired Cleveland police officer, and he and his wife decided no more Browns on their television sets. Does this mean that all officers will feel the same way? No, but I would be willing to bet my years paycheck to your weeks paycheck that most of them do.

Turns out your Police Union Leader Loomis is a Trump voter ahole who resists actions needed to remove police brutality from the police force. Knowing you, your police friend likely has the same serious police brutality sympathies related problems.

"It's just ignorant for someone to do that," he recently said of the Browns players. "It just defies logic to me."

Let me suggest a logical explanation for Loomis's actions.

He represents officers in a police department that's been under fire for years for its poor relations with residents and for its use of excessive force. The police department is the subject of 2015 settlement between the city and U.S. Justice Department that outlines numerous reforms aimed at improving community relations and combating police brutality. Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson asked the feds to investigate the police department's use of force and related issues. (The investigation did not examine racial bias, but the settlement calls for better tracking of underlying data.)

Loomis spends his time trying to undermine the settlement, which he publicly discounts as misguided, unfair and not needed. He also cozied up last year to then-presidential candidate Donald Trump, who downplayed demonstrations against police and suggested his administration would take a more hands-off approach to monitoring police departments than President Obama's administration did. Loomis and the union endorsed Trump.

Cleveland police union protest of Browns lacks credibility of player protest: Mark Naymik

Good ole Ray., must believe 'police brutality' is patriotic and pro-America.

You should be ashamed of this thread the more the facts come out.

Last edited:
Ray From Cleveland, post: 18092078
The 2016 season seen a substantial drop however preseason is up this year which doesn't mean much.

A drop in ratings but a five million increase in viewers overall on other than commercial local tv. Add that to record profits last year by the NFL you ARE full OF your usual crap and fact denial.

And now attention is being redrawn to the Cleveland Police Department's record of police brutality. Much if it surely white police on black brutality.

What is the black community in Cleveland's view of this Loomis character?

Sick bastard should have been fired from the police force for this:

Cleveland police union president Steve Loomis under investigation for wearing dress uniform to Trump rally
Updated on Oct 13, 2016 at 03:31 PM EDT

Cleveland police union president Steve Loomis under investigation for wearing dress uniform to Trump rally

You picked a horrid example of a pro-America cop. Seems to be pro-Trump make America hate again.

So, you're saying it must be true because two things happened at the same time. I do have graphs to show that this is a little ridiculous.

Also through the 1990s there were ups and down but more or less stayed at the same level, then took a hike up from 2005 and stopped about 2011 and then has sort of gone up a bit, down a bit for the Super Bowl. Are less people watching the super bowl because of protests?

Things change all the time, and protests don't seem to be that important, and that was from your own source.

You could be right, but you haven't proven anything. Probably you're wrong, but either way, you're not showing much at all.

Ray doesn't require facts or supportive data to support his anti-minority bias.

I suspect most who bitch at Ray's level about the anti/racist protests during the anthem are not fans at all or lukewarm or sunshine fans like Ray. True fans will watch the Cleveland Browns when they start winning consistently and defeat division rivals specifically at home.

I watch every Browns game I can, win or lose, but I'm 400 miles out of the Cleveland Market. So I watch in sports bars that are packed every Sunday in the D.C area.

I have NFL game pass for $99 if I can't be at the bar with all my Browns Backers friends.

I may keep an eye on NFL GAMEPASS when some team is beating Baltimore, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh but I hardly ever watch a game that is not related to Cleveland in some way.

The drop in market tv ratings in NFL cities has little or nothing to do with the anthem protests. The past few years it has more to do with alternate ways to watch, older fans dying off and less young viewers replacing them. The kind of young people that would support anti racist protests rather than object to them.

I suspect most who bitch at Ray's level about the anti/racist protests during the anthem are not fans at all or lukewarm or sunshine fans like Ray. True fans will watch the Cleveland Browns when they start winning consistently and defeat division rivals specifically at home.

I watch every Browns game I can, win or lose, but I'm 400 miles out of the Cleveland Market. So I watch in sports bars that are packed every Sunday in the D.C area.

I have NFL game pass for $99 if I can't be at the bar with all my Browns Backers friends.

I may keep an eye on NFL GAMEPASS when some team is beating Baltimore, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh but I hardly ever watch a game that is not related to Cleveland in some way.

The drop in market tv ratings in NFL cities has little or nothing to do with the anthem protests. The past few years it has more to do with alternate ways to watch, older fans dying off and less young viewers replacing them. The kind of young people that would support anti racist protests rather than object to them.

Well the problem is that there are people saying things, like it's because of the protests, and they can't make the argument to convince anyone.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Ray doesn't require facts or supportive data to support his anti-minority bias.

Like the fact you can't point out one of my posts in this topic that ever mentioned race? You are so programmed and you don't even know it. Pathetic.

Forum List

Back