Just when you thought there were no good Democrats left

Then again people want entertainment, and where else do these people go for football? Nowhere.

Hollywood has political films, yes, they might less money, the Marvel Comic nonsense makes loads of money because it can come out in China. The question is, do you want a film industry that's afraid to try and just pumps out the same tired old marvel comic book story? Or do you want something that is alive?

If you stop watching football just because some players protest, then maybe you don't actually like football in the first place. If you hate protest so much, then which other rights do you hate?

Correct, I am not much of a sports fan. However if my home team is doing well, I do turn on the games because I am a fair weather fan.

I watched the Cavs in the playoffs because they were doing well. I am now watching the Cleveland Indians because they are going to the playoffs and much like last year, probably to the world series. But I will not turn on the Browns no matter what they do, and there are tens of thousands like me.

The die hard fans? Nothing will stop them from viewing or attending games. But die hard fans will do so regardless of the teams success. It's the extra revenue from people like me that they target. Without us, all they have is dedicated sports fans which again, will watch or attend games no matter what.

And the question is this: Do they depersonalize the sport to such an extent that people like you are happy with it?

For example in Soccer they want to stop player celebrating goals. When you have very few goals, like 3 or less on average per game, why would you want to depersonalize it?

Is this going to make the sport better? Or do they just accept that people like you might just watch anyway, or might get turned off anyway? They might target you for revenue, but they could also potentially destroy the sport as a viewing spectacle if they do.

If players are celebrating a goal, nobody is (or should be) offended by that. And like I said, when an entertainer takes a political stance, they automatically piss off half of the people that watch them. It's pure stupidity.

Keeping politics and religion out of entertainment is the smartest thing industry or entertainers could do. When I go to a concert, I do so to hear music, not how much the musicians hate George Bush. If I go to a play, I go to see acting, not hear how great Obama is. If I go to see a comedian, I don't want to hear his political bias one way or another. If they have politics in their act, then let them make jokes about both sides, then nobody can be offended.

The problem seems to be people's desire to be pissed off if people don't agree with them.

Rather than have people who understand an argument, can see things from other people's points of view, in the US and other places people simply say "I have money so I have do what the fuck I like" and they don't need to follow any morals, they don't need to think about fundamentals, they don't need to give a shit about the constitution. They can just be as selfish as they wish and screw everything and everyone else.

How many people have I heard say that Facebook annoys them because people have, god forbid, OPINIONS. They don't want to see the real world. They've set up all these cushions to protect them from reality, they have their religion, their alcohol or drugs, they have their trashy TV, they have a million things that protect them from seeing what the politicians are up to, seeing the problems of the world. They just DON'T GIVE A SHIT.

And this is when countries fall. History repeats itself. Countries stop being about what is right, and they start thinking of themselves.

So, just sit back Ray and watch your country fall apart. Maybe you'll be lucky and die before it gets real bad, maybe not. But it's going downhill. China's on the way up. The people have hope, they have goals, they don't have any principles to protect. They're coming for you and they're going to make it ugly for you.

But, you'll use your cushions to pretend it's not happening, doesn't matter, there isn't anything you can do about it anyway. The rot has set in.

If I want somebody's opinion, I'll ask for it. That's why we are here. But if I want to get away from politics, I'll take a break from here and do something else. When I do that something else whatever it may be, I don't expect people to shove their political opinions down my throat. Is that asking too much?

And I believe you are correct. People do make too much money to care if they piss off their audience. If they had to live paycheck to paycheck like many other people, they would make sure they don't piss off the people that are making their paycheck.

When I go to work, I try to make sure I don't piss off my boss. Why? Because I need the job and money. If I didn't need an income and only worked to occupy my time, I wouldn't care as much if I got my employer upset with me. I would probably tell him things that I otherwise would keep to myself.

Yes, it is too much. Unless of course you make sure you only have friends who don't give a damn about politics.

You want to control everything that goes on around you. Like I said, people use religion, alcohol whatever to make that control. This doesn't mean the real world isn't going on.

The question is Ray, would you stand on principle if you had to? I would, and I do.

My last job, my boss was a complete and utter moron. I mean so dense it was ridiculous. And it got to the point where I decided to tell her she was like that. I made a stand for my principles because I knew the company was doing things wrong, and I didn't want to be a part of that. But then I don't like paycheck to paycheck. My father told me to always have enough money to be able to tell your boss to "fuck off" and that's what I make sure I have. I can be extremely thrifty when I need to be. And that's so I can stand by my principles.

Now, football players, many are at the top of their game, they are, like me, more valuable to the company than the company is to them. I can walk out of my job today and walk into five jobs tomorrow, easy, and make more money at it too. So these people can stand by their principles.

That's something that may be called a luxury. For many people who are pay check to pay check, they might not have that luxury, but that doesn't mean you should just disregard principles. But which principles? I'd say human rights are high up there, you seem to think it's less so by the looks of it.

Ray From Cleveland, post: 18080597
When I go to a concert, I do so to hear music, not how much the musicians hate George Bush. If I go to a play, I go to see acting, not hear how great Obama is. If I go to see a comedian, I don't want to hear his political bias one way or another.

You want to live in your white dominated war culture and hear no problems about it from non-whites. We get that. But your OP is about the Browns game MNF protest. So we can see how self-centered and foolish you are with this post.

Foolish because you don't know how to turn your set off to avoid seeing a 90 second flag raising that may or may not involve a peaceful protest. These protests are not political. The title of your OP attests to that. The protest was triggered in large part over the racially motivated killing of an innocent young woman protesting against fascists, Nazis and hard core racists in our society. So if that is right vs left politics as you are suggesting then you are admitting that Nazis are politically aligned with the right in this country.

Therefore the problem is all yours. you can't put up with 90 seconds of being peacefully reminded of your hateful political nature prior to a three hour football game.

Just turn the game on ten seconds after the anthem ends. Put your flag out in front of your house and salute it personally. Then enjoy the game. No one will remind you of how you are politically motivated to hate non-whites.
Watching the game after the protest forgives the objectionable actions of the protesters.

Ray From Cleveland, post: 18080597
When I go to a concert, I do so to hear music, not how much the musicians hate George Bush. If I go to a play, I go to see acting, not hear how great Obama is. If I go to see a comedian, I don't want to hear his political bias one way or another.

You want to live in your white dominated war culture and hear no problems about it from non-whites. We get that. But your OP is about the Browns game MNF protest. So we can see how self-centered and foolish you are with this post.

Foolish because you don't know how to turn your set off to avoid seeing a 90 second flag raising that may or may not involve a peaceful protest. These protests are not political. The title of your OP attests to that. The protest was triggered in large part over the racially motivated killing of an innocent young woman protesting against fascists, Nazis and hard core racists in our society. So if that is right vs left politics as you are suggesting then you are admitting that Nazis are politically aligned with the right in this country.

Therefore the problem is all yours. you can't put up with 90 seconds of being peacefully reminded of your hateful political nature prior to a three hour football game.

Just turn the game on ten seconds after the anthem ends. Put your flag out in front of your house and salute it personally. Then enjoy the game. No one will remind you of how you are politically motivated to hate non-whites.

I didn't bring up black or white--you did, but that's typical of your kind.

No, I'll just not watch the game like many others. It's not about whether I see it or not, it's about their anti-American behavior that bothers me.

First you said they were not protesting, but praying. Now you not only admit to it being a protest, you claim to know what the protest was about. Which is it?

The protest was against our police officers. That's it in a nut shell. It's about the trouble criminals create for themselves when they don't respect authority. So I'll not watch the game and side with our police, and you can watch the game and side with our criminals.

Bush92, post: 18082224
I stand for the Anthem because all of our veterans who died in combat...cannot

Had you protested the invasion of Iraq prior to Bush sending nearly 5000 Veterens to their death for nothing, perhaps with enough of us we could have spared those lives from killing and dying in a dumb needless war.

But you stand for the anthem in favor of their deaths. That standing does not acquit you from getting them killed.

I stand for the anthem for love of my country despite its flaws. I do not pretend those flaws don't exist during those moments.

Yes, it is too much. Unless of course you make sure you only have friends who don't give a damn about politics.

Friends, bar patrons, coworkers are different than what's being discussed here. If my friend talks about politics, it's not an embarrassing public display.

The question is Ray, would you stand on principle if you had to? I would, and I do.

Sure I would and have done so in the past, but I did so without disrespecting our country, our military, and most of all, our police.

Now, football players, many are at the top of their game, they are, like me, more valuable to the company than the company is to them. I can walk out of my job today and walk into five jobs tomorrow, easy, and make more money at it too. So these people can stand by their principles.

That's something that may be called a luxury. For many people who are pay check to pay check, they might not have that luxury, but that doesn't mean you should just disregard principles. But which principles? I'd say human rights are high up there, you seem to think it's less so by the looks of it.

Only a fool walks off of a job in anger. That's a record that follows you a long way. I know if I ran a company, the last person I would consider for a job is somebody that walked off of their last job.

Human rights? You mean those football field lawyers know about human rights when they don't even know the law? Because you see, if you understand our laws, you understand why police do what they do. You understand why they had to do what they had to do.

Ray From Cleveland, post: 18084743

First you said they were not protesting, but praying. Now you not only admit to it being a protest, you claim to know what the protest was about. Which is it?

Liar. You are a sicko.

NotfooledbyW, post: 18008805
You are a mind reader now to boot. I'm not religious at all, but if a man says he was praying, he was praying. I applaud them for praying on national TV as part of peaceful protest against racism and bigotry that still unfortunately continues to exist in this country.

"praying on national TV as part of peaceful protest against racism and bigotry".

That's what I said. If you can't read what are you doing here?

Friends, bar patrons, coworkers are different than what's being discussed here. If my friend talks about politics, it's not an embarrassing public display.

Sure I would and have done so in the past, but I did so without disrespecting our country, our military, and most of all, our police.

Only a fool walks off of a job in anger. That's a record that follows you a long way. I know if I ran a company, the last person I would consider for a job is somebody that walked off of their last job.

Human rights? You mean those football field lawyers know about human rights when they don't even know the law? Because you see, if you understand our laws, you understand why police do what they do. You understand why they had to do what they had to do.

Wouldn't want to disrespect the police. I mean, who needs to disrespect the police, they seem to be doing a perfectly good job of that themselves.

Again Ray, the reason the first amendment gives the freedom to speech and protest, was so people could talk about politics and make sure that govt didn't become bad. Your speech tries to give too much power to the govt by trying to limit such speech.

Ray From Cleveland, post: 18084804
Sure I would and have done so in the past, but I did so without disrespecting our country, our military, and most of all, our police

The police chief in Cleveland supports the players freedom of expression during the National Anthem. Is his view anti-America
and disrespectful of our county and military and MOST OF ALL, OUR POLICE?

By your standards he must not respect the police.

Last edited:
Ray From Cleveland, post: 18084804
Sure I would and have done so in the past, but I did so without disrespecting our country, our military, and most of all, our police

The police chief in Cleveland supports the players freedom of expression during the National Anthem. Is his view anti-America
and disrespectful of our county and military and MOST OF ALL, OUR POLICE?

By your standards he must not respect the police.

He's entitled to his opinion as am I. And the head of the police union agrees with me.

Wouldn't want to disrespect the police. I mean, who needs to disrespect the police, they seem to be doing a perfectly good job of that themselves.

Again Ray, the reason the first amendment gives the freedom to speech and protest, was so people could talk about politics and make sure that govt didn't become bad. Your speech tries to give too much power to the govt by trying to limit such speech.

Not at all. But did you ever hear of the adage "A time and a place for everything?"

In other words, if any of those players were being interviewed and expressed their moronic concerns about our police, I would have no problem with that. I do have a problem with that when they do so during the National Anthem and facing our flag.

Free speech? Sure they have that right, and they decided to display their hatred of our country in their free speech.

"praying on national TV as part of peaceful protest against racism and bigotry".

That's what I said. If you can't read what are you doing here?

Which is a stupid stance given you can't pray and protest at the same time. If you know the slightest thing about prayer, it doesn't involve protest.

Not at all. But did you ever hear of the adage "A time and a place for everything?"

In other words, if any of those players were being interviewed and expressed their moronic concerns about our police, I would have no problem with that. I do have a problem with that when they do so during the National Anthem and facing our flag.

Free speech? Sure they have that right, and they decided to display their hatred of our country in their free speech.

Yes, I've heard lots of sayings. But then again I'd say that the time for protest is when the anthem is playing, and not in the middle of the football game.

No, they didn't decide to display their hatred for their country at all. This is just YOUR interpretation of it. A country where protesting the flag isn't denounced as hatred because it's protected by the constitution. I'd say someone who denounces such things is the one showing their hatred.

Yes, I've heard lots of sayings. But then again I'd say that the time for protest is when the anthem is playing, and not in the middle of the football game.

No, they didn't decide to display their hatred for their country at all. This is just YOUR interpretation of it. A country where protesting the flag isn't denounced as hatred because it's protected by the constitution. I'd say someone who denounces such things is the one showing their hatred.

Given the fact you can protest anytime you desire, to select protesting during the anthem and in facing our flag is venting your hatred for our country. After all, what is the point of the National Anthem? It's to show respect for our flag and country. To do just the opposite is showing disrespect for our flag, anthem and country.

Given the fact you can protest anytime you desire, to select protesting during the anthem and in facing our flag is venting your hatred for our country. After all, what is the point of the National Anthem? It's to show respect for our flag and country. To do just the opposite is showing disrespect for our flag, anthem and country.

You can protest while you're taking a shit on the toilet. But who's listening?

The fact that they protested and we are talking about it, shows that there are times and places to protest which are actually effective. This is what the founding fathers wanted.

It's still not hatred of the country. Otherwise the Constitution is hatred of the country and so were the founding fathers.

Do you think the Constitution is anti-American Ray? Seriously?

Only conservatives believes in all that symbolism bullshit involving the flag, bible, prayer and national Anthem bull shit.

The fact that they protested and we are talking about it, shows that there are times and places to protest which are actually effective. This is what the founding fathers wanted.

It's still not hatred of the country. Otherwise the Constitution is hatred of the country and so were the founding fathers.

It doesn't have to be unconstitutional to disrespect our country and anthem. You can do that if you desire by our laws. After all, nobody got arrested, did they?

Yes, their childish behavior did get attention, and I'm showing them the result of that attention and so are thousands of others.

So I'll not watch the game and side with our police, and you can watch the game and side with our criminals.

How can you side with the police when not all police are on your side? You see you must have unanimous agreement with your racist views and many police are not white like you.

You live in a fantasy world.

So I'll not watch the game and side with our police, and you can watch the game and side with our criminals.

How can you side with the police when not all police are on your side? You see you must have unanimous agreement with your racist views and many police are not white like you.

You live in a fantasy world.

I'm sure most police agree with me. The Chief? He's a chief in an all Democrat run city for crying out loud.

It doesn't have to be unconstitutional to disrespect our country and anthem. You can do that if you desire by our laws. After all, nobody got arrested, did they?

Yes, their childish behavior did get attention, and I'm showing them the result of that attention and so are thousands of others.

Well, again Ray, you think it's disrespectful, you think it's childish behavior. That's what you think and based on my experience of you, I know you're not going to change from your partisan views. So, is there any reason to go back and forward you saying what you think and me saying what I think? Not really.

You have your belief, and you can say it, you can protest it. I have mine and can do the same, and they can do their.

Protesting the anthem or flag is not only legal, it's protected by the Constitution. That IS WHAT AMERICA IS. You're the one who seems to hate that.

Forum List

Back