Just when you thought there were no good Democrats left

I think the pressure is actually working. Not only did they backpedal and try to say they were praying, but stood at attention during the anthem the next game.

I think the pressure is actually working. Not only did they backpedal and try to say they were praying, but stood at attention during the anthem the next game.

Pressure meant nothing. They did their protest. They still play and if they start winning no one will give a crap except non-fan racists like you.

From what I see you extremely willing to believe all the bad things about Democrats and you'll massively protect the things from Republicans. Even if it's the same thing.

For instance?

You speak about the need for CHOICE when it comes to the Republicans' view for school vouchers, but reject CHOICE massively when it comes to people going out and voting, simply because the political system is convenient for the right to do better than it probably should do, and you know it.

I have no idea WTF that even means. I read it five times and still can't figure it out.

Well, after speaking to you for a long time, it doesn't surprise me. Let's see if I can get some quotes from you.

Vouchers give people choices. Freedom is choice. The more choice one has, the more freedom one has.

Do you remember writing this? Freedom is choice.

Then you talk about the electoral system, no, it can't change, people can't have proper choice, no, that would be bad.

PR is bad because it gives people CHOICE and CHOICE is FREEDOM. So, what do you want Ray? No freedom? Limited freedom?

I'm still having problems figuring out what you're trying to prove here. Are you comparing school vouchers to our electoral college or something?????

Whatever Ray, I don't care. I mean you struggle to read something and figure out what the point is, I can't imagine you can figure out what the point was three posts ago.

Why? Why should the flag and the anthem be sacred? They stand for something, they're political, and what they stand for people have a problem with.

No, the flag and anthem are not political. The flag is the official emblem of our country as a whole; not a party, not politics, not a particular war, but of our free country. The anthem is praise to this free country and the people who fought and died for that freedom, and yes, for that flag.

When you disrespect our flag and anthem, you disrespect our entire country because that's what the flag and anthem represent. If you and I are neighbors, and we have a quarrel, and I sneak into your house and draw a penis in your mothers picture, it wouldn't matter because after all, it's only a picture?

If our flag an anthem are not sacred to you, then it's probably because this country is not sacred to you. I hated Obama, I hated the Democrats when they had leadership, they've done serious harm to my life, but I would never dream of attacking our flag because people made a huge mistake. That's because of regardless of our situation(s) the country is still scared to us all.

So, it's a big FU to all of America in your opinion. But luckily YOUR OPINION is not the only opinion. Is it?

No, but many share my opinion. That's why the NFL had terrible ratings for the Super Bowl and continue to have lower ratings during football season.

You're demanding I treat the flag and the anthem as sacred. But I don't.

Apparently.

Not political huh?

The Star-Spangled Banner - Wikipedia

""The Star-Spangled Banner" was recognized for official use by the United States Navy in 1889, and by U.S. President Woodrow Wilsonin 1916, and was made the national anthem by a congressional resolution on March 3, 1931 (46 Stat. 1508, codified at 36 U.S.C. § 301), which was signed by President Herbert Hoover."

Yeah, er... it was the politicians who made it the national anthem.

300px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

The flag represents the first 13 states of the USA, that's political, and the 50 stars the 50 states currently, that's also political. I mean, you want to represent America, you could choose lots of things, animals, you could choose food, you could choose anything, and you go with the POLITICAL MAKE UP OF THE COUNTRY.

I mean, fucking seriously, you're saying these aren't political. I'd struggle to find something more political than this.

Fine, you think it's insulting the whole nation, people will take insults as they see fit.

However the country is founded in part on the basis of human rights, and this says people can do whatever they like as long as they don't hurt others, and this doesn't hurt you, just insults you a little. But then again insults happen all over the place. You telling people they can't protest the flag and the anthem is insulting to others who know about Human Rights. So.....

You talk about disrespecting the country, but I'd say the Republican and Democratic Parties are disrespectful to the country all the time. Going to war for oil so rich people can get richer is disrespecting the country. Electing a guy like Trump is disrespecting the country too. Does that mean you'd stop doing these things because I THINK they're disrespecting the country? No, it doesn't.

Is the country sacred to me? No. Why would it be sacred? It's a human invention with human fallibility.

Fine, you can choose not to watch football for political reasons, I refuse to watch it because I hate it. Who cares?

Ray From Cleveland, post: 18074600,
I hated Obama, I hated the Democrats when they had leadership, they've done serious harm to my life, but I would never dream of attacking our flag because people made a huge mistake.

What serious harm to your life? You whiny victim.

From what I see you extremely willing to believe all the bad things about Democrats and you'll massively protect the things from Republicans. Even if it's the same thing.

For instance?

You speak about the need for CHOICE when it comes to the Republicans' view for school vouchers, but reject CHOICE massively when it comes to people going out and voting, simply because the political system is convenient for the right to do better than it probably should do, and you know it.

I have no idea WTF that even means. I read it five times and still can't figure it out.

Well, after speaking to you for a long time, it doesn't surprise me. Let's see if I can get some quotes from you.

Vouchers give people choices. Freedom is choice. The more choice one has, the more freedom one has.

Then you talk about the electoral system, no, it can't change, people can't have proper choice, no, that would be bad.

PR is bad because it gives people CHOICE and CHOICE is FREEDOM. So, what do you want Ray? No freedom? Limited freedom?

I'm still having problems figuring out what you're trying to prove here. Are you comparing school vouchers to our electoral college or something?????

Whatever Ray, I don't care. I mean you struggle to read something and figure out what the point is, I can't imagine you can figure out what the point was three posts ago.

Correct. When something doesn't make sense, I can't figure it out.

Pressure meant nothing. They did their protest. They still play and if they start winning no one will give a crap except non-fan racists like you.

We'll see about that. When you disrespect our flag or anthem, you insult many people who served in our armed forces or police force. That's a lot of people.

Besides those two groups, there are many like me who hold the anthem and flag close to our hearts. Will that mean empty seats at the Browns's stadium? I doubt it, but I also think that their television ratings and product sales will suffer........... watch.

Do not support NFL for sure.

The NFL does not need racists anymore.

The NFL needs all the people they can get. That's what a business depends upon.

The stupidity behind all this is that when entertainment takes a political position, they get approval from half their supporters and piss off the other half. Taking no political stance at all means the approval of all their audience.

They will learn this eventually when it costs the league, the team, or the players millions of dollars.

For instance?

Correct. When something doesn't make sense, I can't figure it out.

And when something does make sense and you don't want to admit it, well....

The stupidity behind all this is that when entertainment takes a political position, they get approval from half their supporters and piss off the other half. Taking no political stance at all means the approval of all their audience.

They will learn this eventually when it costs the league, the team, or the players millions of dollars.

Then again people want entertainment, and where else do these people go for football? Nowhere.

Hollywood has political films, yes, they might less money, the Marvel Comic nonsense makes loads of money because it can come out in China. The question is, do you want a film industry that's afraid to try and just pumps out the same tired old marvel comic book story? Or do you want something that is alive?

If you stop watching football just because some players protest, then maybe you don't actually like football in the first place. If you hate protest so much, then which other rights do you hate?

Then again people want entertainment, and where else do these people go for football? Nowhere.

Hollywood has political films, yes, they might less money, the Marvel Comic nonsense makes loads of money because it can come out in China. The question is, do you want a film industry that's afraid to try and just pumps out the same tired old marvel comic book story? Or do you want something that is alive?

If you stop watching football just because some players protest, then maybe you don't actually like football in the first place. If you hate protest so much, then which other rights do you hate?

Correct, I am not much of a sports fan. However if my home team is doing well, I do turn on the games because I am a fair weather fan.

I watched the Cavs in the playoffs because they were doing well. I am now watching the Cleveland Indians because they are going to the playoffs and much like last year, probably to the world series. But I will not turn on the Browns no matter what they do, and there are tens of thousands like me.

The die hard fans? Nothing will stop them from viewing or attending games. But die hard fans will do so regardless of the teams success. It's the extra revenue from people like me that they target. Without us, all they have is dedicated sports fans which again, will watch or attend games no matter what.

Correct, I am not much of a sports fan. However if my home team is doing well, I do turn on the games because I am a fair weather fan.

I watched the Cavs in the playoffs because they were doing well. I am now watching the Cleveland Indians because they are going to the playoffs and much like last year, probably to the world series. But I will not turn on the Browns no matter what they do, and there are tens of thousands like me.

The die hard fans? Nothing will stop them from viewing or attending games. But die hard fans will do so regardless of the teams success. It's the extra revenue from people like me that they target. Without us, all they have is dedicated sports fans which again, will watch or attend games no matter what.

And the question is this: Do they depersonalize the sport to such an extent that people like you are happy with it?

For example in Soccer they want to stop player celebrating goals. When you have very few goals, like 3 or less on average per game, why would you want to depersonalize it?

Is this going to make the sport better? Or do they just accept that people like you might just watch anyway, or might get turned off anyway? They might target you for revenue, but they could also potentially destroy the sport as a viewing spectacle if they do.

And the question is this: Do they depersonalize the sport to such an extent that people like you are happy with it?

For example in Soccer they want to stop player celebrating goals. When you have very few goals, like 3 or less on average per game, why would you want to depersonalize it?

Is this going to make the sport better? Or do they just accept that people like you might just watch anyway, or might get turned off anyway? They might target you for revenue, but they could also potentially destroy the sport as a viewing spectacle if they do.

If players are celebrating a goal, nobody is (or should be) offended by that. And like I said, when an entertainer takes a political stance, they automatically piss off half of the people that watch them. It's pure stupidity.

Keeping politics and religion out of entertainment is the smartest thing industry or entertainers could do. When I go to a concert, I do so to hear music, not how much the musicians hate George Bush. If I go to a play, I go to see acting, not hear how great Obama is. If I go to see a comedian, I don't want to hear his political bias one way or another. If they have politics in their act, then let them make jokes about both sides, then nobody can be offended.

If players are celebrating a goal, nobody is (or should be) offended by that. And like I said, when an entertainer takes a political stance, they automatically piss off half of the people that watch them. It's pure stupidity.

Keeping politics and religion out of entertainment is the smartest thing industry or entertainers could do. When I go to a concert, I do so to hear music, not how much the musicians hate George Bush. If I go to a play, I go to see acting, not hear how great Obama is. If I go to see a comedian, I don't want to hear his political bias one way or another. If they have politics in their act, then let them make jokes about both sides, then nobody can be offended.

The problem seems to be people's desire to be pissed off if people don't agree with them.

Rather than have people who understand an argument, can see things from other people's points of view, in the US and other places people simply say "I have money so I have do what the fuck I like" and they don't need to follow any morals, they don't need to think about fundamentals, they don't need to give a shit about the constitution. They can just be as selfish as they wish and screw everything and everyone else.

How many people have I heard say that Facebook annoys them because people have, god forbid, OPINIONS. They don't want to see the real world. They've set up all these cushions to protect them from reality, they have their religion, their alcohol or drugs, they have their trashy TV, they have a million things that protect them from seeing what the politicians are up to, seeing the problems of the world. They just DON'T GIVE A SHIT.

And this is when countries fall. History repeats itself. Countries stop being about what is right, and they start thinking of themselves.

So, just sit back Ray and watch your country fall apart. Maybe you'll be lucky and die before it gets real bad, maybe not. But it's going downhill. China's on the way up. The people have hope, they have goals, they don't have any principles to protect. They're coming for you and they're going to make it ugly for you.

But, you'll use your cushions to pretend it's not happening, doesn't matter, there isn't anything you can do about it anyway. The rot has set in.

The problem seems to be people's desire to be pissed off if people don't agree with them.

Rather than have people who understand an argument, can see things from other people's points of view, in the US and other places people simply say "I have money so I have do what the fuck I like" and they don't need to follow any morals, they don't need to think about fundamentals, they don't need to give a shit about the constitution. They can just be as selfish as they wish and screw everything and everyone else.

How many people have I heard say that Facebook annoys them because people have, god forbid, OPINIONS. They don't want to see the real world. They've set up all these cushions to protect them from reality, they have their religion, their alcohol or drugs, they have their trashy TV, they have a million things that protect them from seeing what the politicians are up to, seeing the problems of the world. They just DON'T GIVE A SHIT.

And this is when countries fall. History repeats itself. Countries stop being about what is right, and they start thinking of themselves.

So, just sit back Ray and watch your country fall apart. Maybe you'll be lucky and die before it gets real bad, maybe not. But it's going downhill. China's on the way up. The people have hope, they have goals, they don't have any principles to protect. They're coming for you and they're going to make it ugly for you.

But, you'll use your cushions to pretend it's not happening, doesn't matter, there isn't anything you can do about it anyway. The rot has set in.

If I want somebody's opinion, I'll ask for it. That's why we are here. But if I want to get away from politics, I'll take a break from here and do something else. When I do that something else whatever it may be, I don't expect people to shove their political opinions down my throat. Is that asking too much?

And I believe you are correct. People do make too much money to care if they piss off their audience. If they had to live paycheck to paycheck like many other people, they would make sure they don't piss off the people that are making their paycheck.

When I go to work, I try to make sure I don't piss off my boss. Why? Because I need the job and money. If I didn't need an income and only worked to occupy my time, I wouldn't care as much if I got my employer upset with me. I would probably tell him things that I otherwise would keep to myself.

I stand for the Anthem because all of our veterans who died in combat...cannot.

Ray From Cleveland, post: 18080597
When I go to a concert, I do so to hear music, not how much the musicians hate George Bush. If I go to a play, I go to see acting, not hear how great Obama is. If I go to see a comedian, I don't want to hear his political bias one way or another.

You want to live in your white dominated war culture and hear no problems about it from non-whites. We get that. But your OP is about the Browns game MNF protest. So we can see how self-centered and foolish you are with this post.

Foolish because you don't know how to turn your set off to avoid seeing a 90 second flag raising that may or may not involve a peaceful protest. These protests are not political. The title of your OP attests to that. The protest was triggered in large part over the racially motivated killing of an innocent young woman protesting against fascists, Nazis and hard core racists in our society. So if that is right vs left politics as you are suggesting then you are admitting that Nazis are politically aligned with the right in this country.

Therefore the problem is all yours. you can't put up with 90 seconds of being peacefully reminded of your hateful political nature prior to a three hour football game.

Just turn the game on ten seconds after the anthem ends. Put your flag out in front of your house and salute it personally. Then enjoy the game. No one will remind you of how you are politically motivated to hate non-whites.

Forum List

Back