Justice department being pressured to allow spying on citizens ?

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
If they're publicly asking for it, rest assured they've already been doing it.

U.S. Attorney General William Barr warned technology companies on Tuesday that they need to immediately start working with law enforcement, helping agencies gain access to encrypted messages during critical investigations.

In a keynote address at the International Conference on Cyber Security in New York, Barr said that the inability for law enforcement to tap into communication among dangerous actors is a major threat to public safety and national security.

“Obviously, the Department would like to engage with the private sector in exploring solutions that will provide lawful access,” Barr said, according to his prepared remarks. “While we remain open to a cooperative approach, the time to achieve that may be limited.”

His message touched on a key source of conflict between law enforcement officials and tech executives. While investigators argue that access to encrypted messages can be critical to national security, tech companies warn that providing a backdoor into encrypted services is a slippery slope.

AG Barr says tech companies need to make encrypted messages accessible to law enforcement

Screw William Barr. I hope he gets brain cancer from all his electronics.

They have been doing it since the Bush II days. This is not new.

anyone that thinks we can trust them with a backdoor to encryption has not been paying attention

I think Brennan and Comey were the ones illegally spying for Obama and Clinton.

You do (think Brennan and Comey spied illegally)? You must have the evidence to post such a claim. Please share what you know, and the evidence which convinced you?

You do (think Brennan and Comey spied illegally)? You must have the evidence to post such a claim. Please share what you know, and the evidence which convinced you?
Did Brennan have evidence to say the president was a traitor ?
Trump has won his day in court.

Brennan lied under oath to the country. Not everything is about Trump.

This is you evidence? I have no idea if Brennan called Trump a traitor, though his support for Putin and attack on our National Security Advisers suggest President Trump's behavior is at best suspicious.

Which case was settled in Trump favor (he has many many failures).

This is you evidence? I have no idea if Brennan called Trump a traitor, though his support for Putin and attack on our National Security Advisers suggest President Trump's behavior is at best suspicious.

Would that spying include sites like this and anything typed on the internet? There have been people screwed.

Brennan lied under oath to the country. Not everything is about Trump.

Please post the video where Mr. Brennan lied under oath to the country.

Spying seems to be a social issue only during a republican administration. Nobody seemed concerned when Barry Hussein used the IRS to punish political enemies or when rogue elements in the FBI used faked information from a foreign agent to conduct surveillance on a presidential candidate.

You made a claim and posted a video which disputes your claim. Mr. Brennan was NOT under oath when he expressed an opinion which does not meet the legal definition of Treason, but does appear to offer aid and comfort to Putin.

Forum List

Back