Justice Neil Gorsuch Has Had Enough – Triggered A Complete Leftist Meltdown

Like being sterile?

Yep. At some point, you have to accept what you are.

Why treat sterile couples differently than same sex couples?
Because that child doesn't actually know its DNA structure if the real parents are not listed on the birth certificate. You can be a female an act like your the daddy or a male and act like the mamma but it ain't real.

Because that child doesn't actually know i's DNA structure? You mean like an anonymous donor, or if a gay couple adopt?

Or if a straight couple adopt and their names go on the birth certificate. The DNA structure is still unknown even with straight couples. The DNA thing is not a good argument for discrimination.

Yep, this is them grasping at anything.

Why list anyone other than the biological parents (regardless of gender or marital status) on the birth certificate ... :dunno:

I take it you do not know anyone that has ever adopted? You are aware that the adopted parents names go on the birth certificate, right? See the thing about the birth certificate is it is used to verify not just age but also the parent's legal rights in regards to the child. That is why.

But I thought the left was all about state rights now that Trump was in office, or are you denying the state right to have a sanctuary city?

I find it interesting that Arizona was sued by Obama for trying to enforce the immigration laws that the Federal government was not. However, states seem to be able to thwart the Federal government from enforcing immigration laws now that Trump is in office.

Funny how that works.

States don't have the right to discriminate.

The state discriminates all the time.

The state discriminates against me in terms of my health care plan because I'm not a member of Congress. Instead, I have to tackle Obamacare all by my lonesome.

The state discriminates against single folk and polygamists since they don't have the same government perks as married folk.

The state discriminates against those who make too much money by taxing them more.

The state discriminates against people with mental health problems by not allowing them to own a gun.

The state discriminates against white folk who wish to get into college or obtain employment because such institutions have a mandate via affirmative action to choose people of color instead.

The state discriminates against us all the time. The real issue is that you don't like certain segments of society that the states choose to discriminate against.

'The states" as in 1 of 50, not 'the state' and your examples of 'discrimination' are pretty weak.

Pretty weak, eh? Why?

Take marriage, for example. Why is it that people who decide to marry should get special state perks? For what? Saying "I do"?

In fact, why get a marriage license? What did I do to earn that license?

In short, what on earth is a secular state doing condoning or condemning certain sexual unions or even giving perks over people who might choose not to have sex at all?

It seems to me that you are the one who has the weakest of all positions.
Another failure by the church allowing government to interfere with an age old institution of the connection between a man and a woman in matrimony.

You're confusing religious and civil marriage. It's common among homophobes.

I take it you do not know anyone that has ever adopted? You are aware that the adopted parents names go on the birth certificate, right? See the thing about the birth certificate is it is used to verify not just age but also the parent's legal rights in regards to the child. That is why.

An adoptive parent is not a biological donor in any case ... And I know of adoptive parents ... They still aren't biological parents.
What other legal right does an adoptive parent get from listing their name on the birth certificate that they don't otherwise get through the adoption process?

States don't have the right to discriminate.

The state discriminates against me in terms of my health care plan because I'm not a member of Congress. Instead, I have to tackle Obamacare all by my lonesome.

The state discriminates against single folk and polygamists since they don't have the same government perks as married folk.

The state discriminates against those who make too much money by taxing them more.

The state discriminates against people with mental health problems by not allowing them to own a gun.

The state discriminates against white folk who wish to get into college or obtain employment because such institutions have a mandate via affirmative action to choose people of color instead.

The state discriminates against us all the time. The real issue is that you don't like certain segments of society that the states choose to discriminate against.

'The states" as in 1 of 50, not 'the state' and your examples of 'discrimination' are pretty weak.

Pretty weak, eh? Why?

Take marriage, for example. Why is it that people who decide to marry should get special state perks? For what? Saying "I do"?

In short, what on earth is a secular state doing condoning or condemning certain sexual unions or even giving perks over people who might choose not to have sex at all?

Another failure by the church allowing government to interfere with an age old institution of the connection between a man and a woman in matrimony.

He's doing more than that. He wants churches to be the official record keepers of all marriages and births.

An adoptive parent is not a biological donor in any case ... And I know of adoptive parents ... They still aren't biological parents.
What legal right does an adoptive parent get from listing their name on the birth certificate that they don't otherwise get through the adoption process?

Boo-hoo, having adopted kids birth certificates amended to put their new parents on the birth certificate never seemed to be a problem before, why now?

Pretty weak, eh? Why?

Yeah, uh hate to break it to you but mariage is a civil matter, not a religious one in the eyes of the government. The only thing a church can do is either endorse or not endorse a marriage.
Historically the churches kept the marriage, birth and death records. Marriage was co-opted by government in order to create a taxing structure.

Neat, we're talking about the United States and marriage is a bond between a couple recognized by the government, whether it is sanctioned by a church or not is between the church and the couple only.

Do you think the US Government invented marriage or something? Marriage is as old as the biblical days where it was written about. Government decided to get involved in that religious rite and look at the problems we have today.

Pretty weak, eh? Why?

He's doing more than that. He wants churches to be the official record keepers of all marriages and births.
I gave history...you are to inane to get it though. I'll go back to ignoring whatever you and yours posts.

Pretty weak, eh? Why?

Yeah, uh hate to break it to you but mariage is a civil matter, not a religious one in the eyes of the government. The only thing a church can do is either endorse or not endorse a marriage.
Historically the churches kept the marriage, birth and death records. Marriage was co-opted by government in order to create a taxing structure.

Neat, we're talking about the United States and marriage is a bond between a couple recognized by the government, whether it is sanctioned by a church or not is between the church and the couple only.

Do you think the US Government invented marriage or something? Marriage is as old as the biblical days where it was written about. Government decided to get involved in that religious rite and look at the problems we have today.

Do you think Christianity invented it? :badgrin:

Pretty weak, eh? Why?

Taxer of men...the book of Daniel mentions. Deviants want government to be their god.

I feel sorry for the children who are subjected to same gender fake-parents.
They must feel like pets or fashion accessories

Pretty weak, eh? Why?

I gave history...you are to inane to get it though. I'll go back to ignoring whatever you and yours posts.

Oh, I guess the point of giving that history is rather moot now. Thank you for the update.

What other legal right does an adoptive parent get from listing their name on the birth certificate that they don't otherwise get through the adoption process?

Yes, they are not the biological parents but their names are on the birth certificate. Do you complain about that also? Or is it just the gay couples that you are offended by?

State Rights? :haha: Sort of like how slavery and white only water fountains were "state rights" issues as well? Give it up, this was not about states rights it was about states not having the power to discriminate based upon their own fucked up misguided religious views.

But I thought the left was all about state rights now that Trump was in office, or are you denying the state right to have a sanctuary city?

I am denying the states have the right to discriminate based upon some fucked up misguided religious view. This is why in the 60s the Fed Govt stepped in and stopped the racist south from doing so. I suppose you think that civil rights laws are bad too.

Religion aside, what is best for a child, to have a mother and father or to have two mothers or two fathers?

What's best for the child is to have two parents that love and cherish that child. The gender of those parents is irrelevant as long as the child is loved and cared for.

Having one mother and one father is no guarantee of good things...Missouri couple accused of putting infant son in microwave

We can both agree that only loving parents should be chosen.

Having said that, from personal experience, I disagree with the notion that a persons sex is irrelevant.

Specifically, I've encountered women who raise children, not really any men who decide to do it. My guess is that far more lesbians decide to try this than 2 gay men. From my personal observation of the lesbian couples, the children tend to be wild children with no parent to pound the hammer to set them right. This has to do with hormones and testosterone levels.

Studies on gender and child raising have also been done. There is only one are in which the gender of the parent matters. It's not discipline, it's lactation.

Extending their prior work on gender and family, Biblarz and Judith Stacey of NYU analyzed relevant studies about parenting, including available research on single-mother and single-father households, gay male parents and lesbian parents. “That a child needs a male parent and a female parent is so taken for granted that people are uncritical,” Stacey said.

In their analysis, the researchers found no evidence of gender-based parenting abilities, with the “partial exception of lactation,” noting that very little about the gender of the parent has significance for children’s psychological adjustment and social success.

As the researchers write: “The social science research that is routinely cited does not actually speak to the questions of whether or not children need both a mother and a father at home. Instead proponents generally cite research that compares [heterosexual two-parent] families with single parents, thus conflating the number with the gender of parents.”

Wiley: Do Children Need Both a Mother and a Father?

Kids do best with two parents, period.

Why list anyone other than the biological parents (regardless of gender or marital status) on the birth certificate ... :dunno:
A child has two biological donors ... As a matter of record as to the lineage ... That is all that is necessary.

For one they try to keep the child in the dark as to who his or her parents are. It also helps hide the child from the real parents in the event they get curious and try to find their child again.

Taxer of men...the book of Daniel mentions. Deviants want government to be their god.

I don't see anyone here proclaiming Trump as a god.

Or if a straight couple adopt and their names go on the birth certificate. The DNA structure is still unknown even with straight couples. The DNA thing is not a good argument for discrimination.

If it is unknown ... It will always be unknown (unless you find an answer through voluntary testing) ... You shouldn't decide that just making something up is acceptable.
Ooops ... I forgot we live in a country where biology and genetic background have deteriorated into some kind of utter nonsense in order to better suit a political agenda.

Forum List

Back