Kansas Bill Would Allow Spanking Children To Point Of Bruising

If I had gotten time outs when caught playing with matches when I was 5 I would have one day burned the house down. Me getting spanked probably saved lives.

Not after I got finished torturing you with my timeouts. Ostracism is a very strong tool when coupled with making the child understand what they did wrong. Takes patience on the part of the parents but it well worth it by the time they hit their 8th birthday.

Some spanking is fine. Kids are much worse these days because time outs are not adequate . Kids will call cps if they aren't allowed to play xbox.

If timeouts dont work you are not doing them right. I have 2 teenagers and timeouts absolutely kill them.

Timeouts...:lol: Progressive sugar coating being punished

Thats why all my children have or will have full ride academic scholarships. :lol:

To me, it should only be the parents who carry out physical discipline if there has to be any at all.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I also think that taking privileges away from kids is the better way to discipline them because such a thing can go on for however long you think that they deserves to be without their favorite things (days, weeks, months) when a whupping only last for a few seconds.

I have trained dogs since I was a preteen. My wife hates when I say this but training kids is very similar to training puppies. They respond way better to positive training than negative abusive training.

If I had gotten time outs when caught playing with matches when I was 5 I would have one day burned the house down. Me getting spanked probably saved lives.

Not after I got finished torturing you with my timeouts. Ostracism is a very strong tool when coupled with making the child understand what they did wrong. Takes patience on the part of the parents but it well worth it by the time they hit their 8th birthday.

Doesn't always work...especially for someone who meditates at least an hour (usually more) every day.

Some spanking is fine. Kids are much worse these days because time outs are not adequate . Kids will call cps if they aren't allowed to play xbox.

If timeouts dont work you are not doing them right. I have 2 teenagers and timeouts absolutely kill them.

I don't agree with this at all. I practice time outs and am considered middle of the road when it comes to politics. Time outs work, period. It takes more time than beating a child but they work. Time outs do not just mean you put the child on a chair and walk away, later time outs involve taking away items as well.

I don't understand this process which says its okay to beat a child but not an adult, its senseless IMO.

Doesn't always work...especially for someone who meditates at least an hour (usually more) every day.

Which is more important? Meditating or raising your child to be respectful, empathetic, responsible, self aware and totally confident?

Thats why all my children have or will have full ride academic scholarships. :lol:

That's funny to you? Trust me, your kids being smart is credit I give them not you ...all two of them...and if its about achievement

I still laugh at timeouts..:lol: Man up and punish your kids

That's funny to you? Trust me, your kids being smart is credit I give them not you ...all two of them...and if its about achievement

Yes its very funny and gratifying. Yes the credit belongs to them because they are brilliant. Punishing kids is not manning up. What kind of man picks on a child 5x smaller than them?

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8647123 said:

I don't agree with this at all. I practice time outs and am considered middle of the road when it comes to politics. Time outs work, period. It takes more time than beating a child but they work. Time outs do not just mean you put the child on a chair and walk away, later time outs involve taking away items as well.

I don't understand this process which says its okay to beat a child but not an adult, its senseless IMO.

My point is "time outs" have been in the guide book for parenting forever. It used to be called a punishment, grounded, stand in the corner etc....

Time out is a watered down term to protect the silly frail egos of kids it's stupid. Like all things pc this term is relatively new. As if punishment is evil, but time out is loving.

Beating children children is a whole different issue.

CaféAuLait;8647123 said:

My point is "time outs" have been in the guide book for parenting forever. It used to be called a punishment, grounded, stand in the corner etc....

Time out is a watered down term to protect the silly frail egos of kids it's stupid. Like all things pc this term is relatively new. As if punishment is evil, but time out is loving.

I get the feeling you are not intelligent enough to figure this out. I dont tell them "time out" anymore. I tell them to go get themselves together. I then talk to them about what behavior they just did that caused this. The less time you spend telling your children no as opposed to yes and encouraging them is a bonus. It raises their self esteem and also teaches them their actions have consequences. Yes the egos of children are frail. They are children numbnuts.

Last edited:

Yes its very funny and gratifying. Yes the credit belongs to them because they are brilliant. Punishing kids is not manning up. What kind of man picks on a child 5x smaller than them?

Um, time out is punishing.

Um, time out is punishing.

Well then why are you telling me to man up? I just said I put them on timeouts.

CaféAuLait;8647123 said:

I get the feeling you are not intelligent enough to figure this out. I dont tell them "time out" anymore. I tell them to go get themselves together. I then talk to them about what behavior they just did that caused this. The less time you spend telling your children no as opposed to yes and encouraging them is a bonus. It raises their self esteem and also teaches them their actions have consequences. Yes the egos of children are frail. They are children numbnuts.
You probably talk them to death...libs tend to do that :)

You probably talk them to death...libs tend to do that :)

I'm not a lib but they have told me that talking to me about the reason they were on timeout was worse than being beat.

Forum List

Back