Kansas event underlines the need for more guns

More so than you. This country was founded on the principles of INDIVIDUAL freedoms. Anyone who attempts to take away those freedoms is an enemy of the COTUS, thus an enemy of the PEOPLE.
Wrong-o!

People who think war is fun, or shooting people is fun are not the folks we want armed. Neither are folks with the current conservitard paranoid delusions.

Talking about arming yourself and stocking up on ammunition just in case the election doesn't go your way is a red flag.

Bring on the confiscation.

Again........over 600 million guns in private hands, over 18.6 million people with permits to carry......and our gun murder rate went down 49%, our gun crime rate went down 75%......

You have nothing ....... nothing you believe about guns and gun owners is even remotely true or accurate.......

Why should we listen to anything you say?
2010_gun_homicide_rates_in_high-income_countries.png

This is why. Its pretty much the same every year. Gun owners killing people in huge numbers every year.

You don't know what you are talking about.....legal gun owners don't kill people....as you have been told over and over again, our gun problem exists because the democrat party keeps letting repeat, violent felons out of prison over and over again...

You still haven't answered these basic questions.........

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns, but now carry them for self defense, our gun murder rate went down 49%...

With what you believe....how do you explain that?

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own but now carry guns our gun crime rate went down 75%....

With what you believe,.....how do you explain that?

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns but carry them for self defense, our violent crime rate went down 72%.....

With what you believe, how do you explain that?

Nothing you believe about guns is supported by actual facts, the truth, or reality on the ground......how do you justify your believes beyond simply not liking guns?

------
Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
The anti-gun hypothesis and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Britain...
More Guns = More Gun Crime
Britain had access to guns before they banned them.....they had low gun crime, low gun murder.
They banned guns, the gun murder rate spiked for 10 years then returned to the same level...
Your Theory again....
More guns = More Gun Crime
Guns Banned creates no change? That means banning guns for law abiding gun owners had no effect on gun crime.
When your theory states one thing, and you implement your theory, and nothing changes....in science, that means your theory is wrong...
-------

Maine tops ‘safest states’ rankings four years after removing major gun restriction

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.

One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.

Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.

-----

Now four years later, Maine has been named the safest state in the nation according to US News and World Report’s public safety rankings, which measures the fifty states based on crime data.

Ranking as the top safest state for violent crime and fourth for property crime, Maine edges out another New England state, Vermont, for the top spot. Of note, Vermont also is a “Constitutional Carry” state. New Hampshire ranks third in the national rankings, giving New England all three of the top spots in the nation.

In 2018, Maine was edged out by Vermont in the same “safest states” ranking, but declared the best state overall in the broader “Crime and Corrections” category.

In 2017, using a different methodology, Maine was ranked second among the fifty states in the “Crime and Corrections” category and also second in the categories used to rank the “safest states.”

The U.S. News and World Report “Best States” rankings are built in partnership with McKinsey & Company, a firm that works closely with state leaders around the nation.

Maine has also ranked at the top of other state rankings. WalletHub.com recently ranked Maine second in “Personal and Residential Safety” among the fifty states, and third overall.

Here is a "legal gun owner" who never killed anyone..........until he did.
stephen-paddock-las-vegas-shooter-photo.jpg

Do you have a link to his story? So of all the murders only one was a legal gun owner. Good to know!

Apart from the fact that we have these games over here and it has no impact on our murder rate.

This is correct other Western nations have the same violent computer games, the same access to some very violent films etc but there has to be some other below the surface problem in a section of the American Psyche that causes some to snap and become for a moment unhinged and go on a shooting spree. Many peoples get frustrated and/or have disappointments either in work or in their private lives BUT they don't go out and murder, they somehow are able to keep some control of their situation. I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with guns and their ability to have guns, I think the actual problem is something psychological.

America also has many more Serial Killers than our Continent has produced and killing at a horrific level that we have never seen eg. Ted Bundy, The Green River Killer, Henry Lee Lucas.

Many think that it's because America is so big and has such a huge population, I don't know perhaps that has something to do with it because Brasil also has a massive murder rate, not sure about their Serial Killer situation though.
We all get provoked. But we dont have guns so the moment passes.

But everyone has access to a knife, so this is a psychological issue involving self control, that's what actually should be studied why a certain percentage are not able to have self control during a frustrating and angry moment.

The perpetrator of the OP article, he was refused entry to the bar and so he went to his car and got his gun and returned and starting shooting. Why? Why did he lose self control so badly that he felt his ONLY option was to start murdering peoples? He had ANOTHER option which was to let off his frustration by dropping a ton of F-Bombs at the bar owner and then go to another bar or even just go home and punch a hole in his door.
These questions are never asked though.

They are asked, and they are ignored by you and the other anti-gun extremists....but don't worry, you will need to ask those questions in Britain fairly soon....illegal guns are flooding your country, your police are getting attacked, having their manpower and resources cut, and your 3rd World males are running your drug gangs......

Correct.

Black market for guns is huge in Europe and the UK.

Apart from the fact that we have these games over here and it has no impact on our murder rate.

This is correct other Western nations have the same violent computer games, the same access to some very violent films etc but there has to be some other below the surface problem in a section of the American Psyche that causes some to snap and become for a moment unhinged and go on a shooting spree. Many peoples get frustrated and/or have disappointments either in work or in their private lives BUT they don't go out and murder, they somehow are able to keep some control of their situation. I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with guns and their ability to have guns, I think the actual problem is something psychological.

America also has many more Serial Killers than our Continent has produced and killing at a horrific level that we have never seen eg. Ted Bundy, The Green River Killer, Henry Lee Lucas.

Many think that it's because America is so big and has such a huge population, I don't know perhaps that has something to do with it because Brasil also has a massive murder rate, not sure about their Serial Killer situation though.

But everyone has access to a knife, so this is a psychological issue involving self control, that's what actually should be studied why a certain percentage are not able to have self control during a frustrating and angry moment.

The perpetrator of the OP article, he was refused entry to the bar and so he went to his car and got his gun and returned and starting shooting. Why? Why did he lose self control so badly that he felt his ONLY option was to start murdering peoples? He had ANOTHER option which was to let off his frustration by dropping a ton of F-Bombs at the bar owner and then go to another bar or even just go home and punch a hole in his door.

They are asked, and they are ignored by you and the other anti-gun extremists....but don't worry, you will need to ask those questions in Britain fairly soon....illegal guns are flooding your country, your police are getting attacked, having their manpower and resources cut, and your 3rd World males are running your drug gangs......

If those questions are asked then they are not being addressed correctly, they are not addressing a solution to the psychological issue that I think is behind 98% of these shootings.

When people live in a free country, the state does not remove their rights until -after- they do something to warrant same, and then only through due process.
Should you ever live in a free country, you'll understand.
Yes thats working well for you isnt it ?

When people live in a free country, the state does not remove their rights until -after- they do something to warrant same, and then only through due process.

Europe started 2 world wars and murdered 12 million innocent men, women and children. since 1914....
so yeah....working out pretty well for us.

Correct.

I know peoples in Bulgaria, Lithuania and Latvia who are basically arms dealers and they all could get me ANYTHING I wanted within a week, cash half up front the other half on deliver and/or collection, they could get me 200 rocket launchers if I asked them, they could get me 1,000 hand grenades if I asked them, they can get me 500 AK-47s with ammo, they can get me 500 Magnum 45s with ammo, they can get me ANYTHING and if I was in that line I could then sell them on to anyone who wanted that type of thing.

Correct.

I know peoples in Bulgaria, Lithuania and Latvia who are basically arms dealers and they all could get me ANYTHING I wanted within a week, cash half up front the other half on deliver and/or collection, they could get me 200 rocket launchers if I asked them, they could get me 1,000 hand grenades if I asked them, they can get me 500 AK-47s with ammo, they can get me 500 Magnum 45s with ammo, they can get me ANYTHING and if I was in that line I could then sell them on to anyone who wanted that type of thing.

If I wanted a gun today, I know where I could go in this city, to get one.

More so than you. This country was founded on the principles of INDIVIDUAL freedoms. Anyone who attempts to take away those freedoms is an enemy of the COTUS, thus an enemy of the PEOPLE.
Wrong-o!

People who think war is fun, or shooting people is fun are not the folks we want armed. Neither are folks with the current conservitard paranoid delusions.

Talking about arming yourself and stocking up on ammunition just in case the election doesn't go your way is a red flag.

Again........over 600 million guns in private hands, over 18.6 million people with permits to carry......and our gun murder rate went down 49%, our gun crime rate went down 75%......

You have nothing ....... nothing you believe about guns and gun owners is even remotely true or accurate.......

This is why. Its pretty much the same every year. Gun owners killing people in huge numbers every year.

You don't know what you are talking about.....legal gun owners don't kill people....as you have been told over and over again, our gun problem exists because the democrat party keeps letting repeat, violent felons out of prison over and over again...

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns, but now carry them for self defense, our gun murder rate went down 49%...

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own but now carry guns our gun crime rate went down 75%....

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns but carry them for self defense, our violent crime rate went down 72%.....

Nothing you believe about guns is supported by actual facts, the truth, or reality on the ground......how do you justify your believes beyond simply not liking guns?

------
Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Britain...
Britain had access to guns before they banned them.....they had low gun crime, low gun murder.
They banned guns, the gun murder rate spiked for 10 years then returned to the same level...
Your Theory again....
Guns Banned creates no change? That means banning guns for law abiding gun owners had no effect on gun crime.
When your theory states one thing, and you implement your theory, and nothing changes....in science, that means your theory is wrong...
-------

Maine tops ‘safest states’ rankings four years after removing major gun restriction

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.

One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.

Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.

-----

Now four years later, Maine has been named the safest state in the nation according to US News and World Report’s public safety rankings, which measures the fifty states based on crime data.

Ranking as the top safest state for violent crime and fourth for property crime, Maine edges out another New England state, Vermont, for the top spot. Of note, Vermont also is a “Constitutional Carry” state. New Hampshire ranks third in the national rankings, giving New England all three of the top spots in the nation.

In 2018, Maine was edged out by Vermont in the same “safest states” ranking, but declared the best state overall in the broader “Crime and Corrections” category.

In 2017, using a different methodology, Maine was ranked second among the fifty states in the “Crime and Corrections” category and also second in the categories used to rank the “safest states.”

The U.S. News and World Report “Best States” rankings are built in partnership with McKinsey & Company, a firm that works closely with state leaders around the nation.

Maine has also ranked at the top of other state rankings. WalletHub.com recently ranked Maine second in “Personal and Residential Safety” among the fifty states, and third overall.

Is he the one who did the Las Vegas shooting?

Correct.

I think in most major ones it is very easy to get a gun, someone will always know someone who can get them a gun. The problem is never going to be with legal guns the problem is always going to be with the illegal guns. It's nearly impossible to prevent illegal guns because they are not trackable in the way legal guns are.

Europe started 2 world wars and murdered 12 million innocent men, women and children. since 1914....

That and the fact the we had to bail Wales and the rest of Europe out of both messes.

Correct.

I know someone who knows a group on the Russian side of the Russia/Lithuania border who can also get nuclear stuff for Dirty Bombs. There is always someone who knows someone who can get literally anything for anyone who wants it. As I commented it's not what is legal it's what is illegal and as with anything illegal the market is always massive.

That and the fact the we had to bail Wales and the rest of Europe out of both messes.

We need to deal with the now and the future instead of obsessing about the past and what is now history and over.

We need to deal with the now and the future instead of obsessing about the past and what is now history and over.

Hey....Lucy....how do you explain the democrat party policies regarding actual gun criminals....

Virginia Dems Kill Bill That Targeted Criminals Who Use Guns

While Virginia Democrats are merrily approving gun control laws aimed at the state’s legal gun owners, they apparently aren’t interested in focusing on violent criminals who use firearms in the commission of a crime.

HB 1175 would have increased the penalty for using or brandishing a firearm while committing certain felonies, which seems like a pretty common sense bill to me. Instead, members of the House Public Safety Committee rejected the measure on Tuesday, while approving a number of gun bills that are meant to restrict the rights of legal gun owners in the name of public safety.
------

So they’re okay with making it a felony to continue to possess your 15-round magazine or to transfer a firearm without a background check, but the status quo is fine when it comes to punishing those who use guns in the commission of a crime.

Wrong-o!

------

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Actual Result:

Britain...
Your Theory again....
-------

-----

Do you have a link to his story? So of all the murders only one was a legal gun owner. Good to know!
Not really. He was the legal gun owner who shot up a music festival in Vegas.There are many more but I cant be arsed looking them up for you. Point is that gun murders are not just done by crims.

You were a big help along with our Russian friends. Thank you.

Yeah....I guess there's always the off chance of meeting you.
Oh look, the law abiding gun owner just threatened to shoot me.

Anyone surprised?

You children cannot resist the temptation to try out your toys.
You even suck as a liar.
Which part of what I said was a lie Mikey?
All of it, even the punctuation.
Ah! So nothing, you just wanted to call me a liar.

Cool.

Dumbass.

Forum List

Back