Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Something is telling me to NOT let her go into surgery on Friday. They plan to clean her teeth, check out the cracked tooth and remove the cyst. But...putting a dog under anethesia can be dangerous..especially if that dog is not her normal self. And she is not acting her normal self. She seems lethargic...has been hanging out closer to me than usual. Right under my feet now whereas she usually is off to the side or on the bed all stretched out. My gut is telling me something else is going on.
She is on new food now...and I gave her her flea pill so maybe it upset her tummy. I dunno. Something. She could have a toothache. It isn't the cyst..that much I do know. I think it is internally. I want blood tests and whatnot before I have her frigging teeth cleaned "just in case" it is that. The cyst can be drained and we can wait. I'm kinda surprised the vet didn't take blood tests prior to this upcoming surgery. So...I think I am going to call tomorrow and tell them I want some tests run before putting her under. Make sure nothing else is going on that will be excasberated (spelling?) by knocking her out and cutting into her shoulder area and digging around her teeth.

Does that make sense?

I gave her a good body rub, then told her no going under the knife on Friday. I swear, that dog understands english. After I told her that, she rested a bit, then got up and went straight to her toy box and got out a "baby" (what I call her stuffed animals) and went to play with sister in law..then brought it to me for a quick game of "toss in the air, I'll catch it, then unstuff it". She is now no longer at my feet and instead on the bed with two babies on either side of her, sawing logs.

It will eventually be done..but not yet. Maybe in a week or two. I want her to get used to her new dog food, get some bloodwork done, have her poo examined, etc. And I feel pretty good with my decision. It's been bugging me ever since but today...I just couldn't get it out of my head. Gut instinct is saying "not right now". So I am going to listen to my gut.

Thanks for loaning the ear. :) I was stressing myself out pretty much. Maybe she was picking up on it.

I gave her a good body rub, then told her no going under the knife on Friday. I swear, that dog understands english. After I told her that, she rested a bit, then got up and went straight to her toy box and got out a "baby" (what I call her stuffed animals) and went to play with sister in law..then brought it to me for a quick game of "toss in the air, I'll catch it, then unstuff it". She is now no longer at my feet and instead on the bed with two babies on either side of her, sawing logs.

It will eventually be done..but not yet. Maybe in a week or two. I want her to get used to her new dog food, get some bloodwork done, have her poo examined, etc. And I feel pretty good with my decision. It's been bugging me ever since but today...I just couldn't get it out of my head. Gut instinct is saying "not right now". So I am going to listen to my gut.

Thanks for loaning the ear. :) I was stressing myself out pretty much. Maybe she was picking up on it.

Or maybe she was glad YOU picked up on her messages to YOU. :)

Thats what I think exactly happened.
I am tuned to her, big time. My sweety Karmagirl, karma butt butt dooky lips baby. :)

(All my dogs are butt butt. Gracie Butt Butt...Karma Butt Butt...Moki Butt Butt) :lol:

I started calling Gracie butt butt first. She had no tail so when she tried to wag it..her whole butt would wag, lol. Hence...Butt Butt. :)

I started calling Gracie butt butt first. She had no tail so when she tried to wag it..her whole butt would wag, lol. Hence...Butt Butt. :)

My fur niece, Mitzi? If you scratch her haunches, she does a happy dance, from one back paw to the other, back-and-forth, off the ground. So cute. :)

Thats what I think exactly happened.
I am tuned to her, big time. My sweety Karmagirl, karma butt butt dooky lips baby. :)

(All my dogs are butt butt. Gracie Butt Butt...Karma Butt Butt...Moki Butt Butt) :lol:

LOL I used to call Greta "Baby Doo Doo." She had a lot of trouble with diarhhea as a puppy, that's how the name orginated. She had a few other nicknames, also. My husband calls Hannah "Hannah Mouse" or just "Mouse" because she's kind of a scaredy cat for a doberman. I call her "Hannah Moose" because she looks like a baby moose. :)

Gracie, there's a thing about anesthesia, also. Make sure they use the "good" kind. Sorry, I don't have better terminology right now...but there is anesthesia that they administer and then the animal has to come out of it and it takes quite a while to get it out of their system. So if something goes wrong and they have a bad reaction to the anesthesia, they're stuck with it in their system.

But the "good" anesthesia can be backed off immediately. It's much safer, and probably costs a little more. If I had time I'd Google something for you. My vet told me about it, he only used the good kind, and when i Googled it I had a hard time finding any information, but I think I finally did.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, especially if you're worried, it's worth looking into.

Forum List

Back