Kasparov: Obama vs. Reagan

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
A current article brought this one to mind:

1. 'Ronald Reagan, though dismissed by Europeans as a second-rate actor and fondler of cue cards, possessed that magic faculty that separates run-of-the mill politicos from history-molding leaders. "I didn't understand", recalls Time's Joe Klein, "how truly monumental, and morally important, Reagan's anti-communism was until I visited the Soviet Union in 1987." He continues with a seemingly trivial vignette. Attending the Bolshoi Ballet, he was nudged by his minder: "'Ronald Reagan. Evil empire', he whispered with dramatic intensity and shot a glance toward his lap where he had hidden two enthusiastic thumbs up. 'Yes!'"

When an American president manages to pluck the soul strings of those who have been raised to fear and despise what he represents, he surely deserves the honorific 'great.''
The 'Amazing and Mysterious Life' of Ronald Reagan | The National Interest

2. "GARRY KASPAROV: I'D STILL BE A SOVIET CITIZEN IF OBAMA HAD BEEN PRESIDENT INSTEAD OF REAGAN

3. ....former world chess champion and political activist Garry Kasparov intimated that if Barack Obama had been president instead of Ronald Reagan, the Soviet Union would still exist.

4. On February 22nd he tweeted: "I've said it before, but if Barack Obama had been president instead of Ronald Reagan, I'd still be a Soviet Citizen."
Garry Kasparov: I'd Still Be a Soviet Citizen if Obama Had Been President Instead of Reagan

Now for a probability query:

What are the chances that government school grads

a. ...gnash their teeth at the mention of President Reagan?

b. ....deny that Reagan was responsible for the fall of the communist empire?

c. ....that they know more than Kasparov and the unnamed Soviet citizen?

Raygun wins in the most corrupt administration in modern history category.

Only if you count the number of people in his administration that were investigated, indicted, convicted, sent to prison or pardoned along with the number and scope of crimes committed by the USA while he was President. Otherwise his corruption was pretty much routine and average.

So....for clarity.....is it that you couldn't understand the OP, or that Reagan's obvious greatness is just too painful for you to acknowledge?

Congratulations to Reagan for creating a nation of attorneys and accountants.

Let me know if this is too painful:

1. Under Reagan, the debt went up $1.7 trillion, from $900 billion to $2.6 trillion.
2. But….the national wealth went up $ 17 trillion
3. Reagan's near-trillion-dollar bulge in defense spending transformed the global balance of power in favor of capitalism. Spurring a stock-market, energy, venture-capital, real-estate and employment boom, the Reagan tax-rate cuts and other pro-enterprise policies added some $17 trillion to America's private-sector assets, dwarfing the trillion-dollar rise in public-sector deficits and creating 45 million net new jobs at rising wages and salaries.

George Gilder: The Real Reagan Lesson for Romney-Ryan - WSJ.com

Reaganomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about this?

1. The benefits from Reaganomics:
a. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rate…compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
b. Inflation rate dropped from 12.5% to 4.4%. (Table B-63)
c. Unemployment fell to 5.5% from 7.1% (Table B-35)
d. Prime interest rate fell by one-third.(Table B-73)
e. The S & P 500 jumped 124% (Table B-95)

FDsys - Browse ERP

f. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh D’Souza, “Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,” p. 116

Tissue?

Reagan was great 'cause he had a good speech writer. He was no great leader, he lied like all the rest of them do..

Reagan at least had some industrial base to restart the economy, unlike today where greedy corporations send your jobs overseas. It cost them pennies on the dollar to produce goods and ship them back here to sell at a profit that would make you think it was produced by union members in the USA.

Hezbollah loved Reagan. He made them what they are today. Surprising they don't celabrate his birthday or something. Ungrateful bastards.

I voted for Reagan in 1980, after his so-called tax cut my taxes got raised so those poor rich people could get a tax break and trickle on me..

So....for clarity.....is it that you couldn't understand the OP, or that Reagan's obvious greatness is just too painful for you to acknowledge?

Or it could be all those weapons he sold to Iran... :eusa_whistle:

...and nuns and peasnts murdered with the profits.

I love posts like this from morons like you, Cramp......

I look forward to your outrage about Franklin Roosevelt allying himself with a regime that murdered million.

He did that in 1933.

For your edification:
"The Holodomor (Ukrainian: Голодомор, "Extermination by hunger" or "Hunger-extermination";[2] derived from 'Морити голодом', "Killing by Starvation" [3][4][5]) was a man-made famine in the Ukrainian SSR in 1932 and 1933."
Holodomor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reagan at least had some industrial base to restart the economy, unlike today where greedy corporations send your jobs overseas. It cost them pennies on the dollar to produce goods and ship them back here to sell at a profit that would make you think it was produced by union members in the USA.

"...unlike today where greedy corporations send your jobs overseas."

Gee.....I hope you didn't vote for this guy:

1. The Obama administration had joined the new Arab-based International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), and agreed to provide millions to support international green energy jobs. “In its fiscal 2012 budget request for international programs, the administration has asked for $5.2 million for IRENA.” U.S. Taxpayers on the Hook As Obama Joins a New International Renewable Energy Agency | CNS News How many jobs in the United States will this endeavor provide?
2. Obama regulatory and tax policies sent jobs overseas.
3. “President Barack Obama will present his “jobs plan” on Wednesday at a company which is shipping jobs overseas…. WestStar is a high-end, specialty manufacturer that just opened a new facility in San Jose, Costa Rica — creating many new jobs there, but not in the United States.” http://test.dailycaller.com/2011/09...c-company-that’s-shipping-jobs-to-costa-rica/
4. “This isn’t the first time Obama has chosen to speak at a North Carolina company outsourcing jobs overseas. In mid-June, Obama spoke at Cree LED Light Company to discuss his job creation and economic policies. Cree has been shipping jobs to China.” Ibid.
a. Cree was also a recipient of Obama stimulus funds, a portion of which was also used to send jobs overseas. Limbaugh, “The Great Destroyer,” p.27.
5. “The Department of Energy estimated that 82,000 jobs have been created and has acknowledged that as much as 80 percent of some green programs, including $2.3 billion of manufacturing tax credits, went to foreign firms that employed workers primarily in countries includingChina, South Korea and Spain, rather than in the United States.” 'Green' jobs no longer golden in stimulus - Washington Times
6. WASHINGTON -- Xerox, whose CEO, Ursula Burns, is advising President Obama on exports, last week told its product engineering employees that it is in outsourcing talks with India-based IT services firm HCL Technologies. Xerox CEO, an Obama appointee, may send jobs to Indian firm - Computerworld
7. (CNSNews.com) – U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said today that he told his daughter to buy a Japanese car--a Toyota Sienna--and that she did so. U.S. Transportation Secretary: I Told My Daughter to Buy Japanese Car | CNS News
8. “U.S. funds, Arizona effort help Mexico trucks pollute less
Using EPA grant money, the state offered to refit the trucks with the new exhaust systems, replacing factory-installed mufflers with converters similar to what is required for U.S. trucks. The process takes two or three hours to complete at a cost per truck of about $1,600…. The entire cost - parts and labor - is paid by the EPA grant through ADEQ.” http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...rizona-mexico-truck-pollution-regulation.html
9. “…Obama administration is now taking your American tax dollars and using them to fund the BBC World Service — Britain’s state-financed radio network.” The PJ Tatler » Your tax dollars now funding the BBC in addition to NPR

"...unlike today where greedy corporations send your jobs overseas."

Gee.....I hope you didn't vote for this guy:

1. The Obama administration had joined the new Arab-based International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), and agreed to provide millions to support international green energy jobs. “In its fiscal 2012 budget request for international programs, the administration has asked for $5.2 million for IRENA.” U.S. Taxpayers on the Hook As Obama Joins a New International Renewable Energy Agency | CNS News How many jobs in the United States will this endeavor provide?
2. Obama regulatory and tax policies sent jobs overseas.
3. “President Barack Obama will present his “jobs plan” on Wednesday at a company which is shipping jobs overseas…. WestStar is a high-end, specialty manufacturer that just opened a new facility in San Jose, Costa Rica — creating many new jobs there, but not in the United States.” http://test.dailycaller.com/2011/09...c-company-that’s-shipping-jobs-to-costa-rica/
4. “This isn’t the first time Obama has chosen to speak at a North Carolina company outsourcing jobs overseas. In mid-June, Obama spoke at Cree LED Light Company to discuss his job creation and economic policies. Cree has been shipping jobs to China.” Ibid.
a. Cree was also a recipient of Obama stimulus funds, a portion of which was also used to send jobs overseas. Limbaugh, “The Great Destroyer,” p.27.
5. “The Department of Energy estimated that 82,000 jobs have been created and has acknowledged that as much as 80 percent of some green programs, including $2.3 billion of manufacturing tax credits, went to foreign firms that employed workers primarily in countries includingChina, South Korea and Spain, rather than in the United States.” 'Green' jobs no longer golden in stimulus - Washington Times
6. WASHINGTON -- Xerox, whose CEO, Ursula Burns, is advising President Obama on exports, last week told its product engineering employees that it is in outsourcing talks with India-based IT services firm HCL Technologies. Xerox CEO, an Obama appointee, may send jobs to Indian firm - Computerworld
7. (CNSNews.com) – U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said today that he told his daughter to buy a Japanese car--a Toyota Sienna--and that she did so. U.S. Transportation Secretary: I Told My Daughter to Buy Japanese Car | CNS News
8. “U.S. funds, Arizona effort help Mexico trucks pollute less
Using EPA grant money, the state offered to refit the trucks with the new exhaust systems, replacing factory-installed mufflers with converters similar to what is required for U.S. trucks. The process takes two or three hours to complete at a cost per truck of about $1,600…. The entire cost - parts and labor - is paid by the EPA grant through ADEQ.” http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...rizona-mexico-truck-pollution-regulation.html
9. “…Obama administration is now taking your American tax dollars and using them to fund the BBC World Service — Britain’s state-financed radio network.” The PJ Tatler » Your tax dollars now funding the BBC in addition to NPR

No, I didn't...

Hezbollah loved Reagan. He made them what they are today. Surprising they don't celabrate his birthday or something. Ungrateful bastards.

So....you hate him because he defeated the communist empire without firing a shot.

Don't worry....you'll find another homicidal regime to champion, Cramp.

How about the millions of Native killed for manifest destiny? Did God sanction this attempt at genocide?

Genocide of Native Americans is a myth, designed to recruit weak minded folks who can be persuaded to hate America.

68a685255348097e81a4460393f7c18743fe72cb83482906300d539d7e92e5e1.jpg

Obviously he had a way about him that made people feel good. Deep down in their gut they felt he was right. The first Truthiness President. Raygun was a fantastic corporate shill. Big time tax, big time spender. A supreme nanny statist.

Forum List

Back