🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kayla Mueller - Volunteer for Death?

I'll bow out and let you all have at it. I've prob said too much already. But it just fries my fucking mind. Kayla's mom and her entire family are just down to earth hard working average middle class folks from small town USA.
That is all well and good.

But, she put herself in Syria, and if this is used to further escalate the "war" against Mid-East acronyms she becomes nothing but a propaganda tool.

We do not belong there, and we need to let them sort their shit out themselves.

If Americans are so naïve as to think they can "help" by going there, they should understand they are on their own.

Yeah, if you are going to go over there, don't expect the US to help you out if you get yourself into trouble. You are on your own. The US military had made several attempts to rescue her at their own risk. I don't think they should do that anymore, unless it is a fellow soldier who HAS to be there. People who go over there on a volunteer basis need to realize that this is their choice and they are risking everything and should not expect to be rescued when something bad happens.

Yeah, if you are going to go over there, don't expect the US to help you out if you get yourself into trouble. You are on your own. The US military had made several attempts to rescue her at their own risk. I don't think they should do that anymore, unless it is a fellow soldier who HAS to be there. People who go over there on a volunteer basis need to realize that this is their choice and they are risking everything and should not expect to be rescued when something bad happens.

I agree and I think they should be made to sign a statement declaring that fact as well, if you go to a country like Syria or Somalia you are on your own literally.

Honestly I think its safe to say us as Americans need to stay away from Islamic countries, I think its pretty obvious as to why.

Being an American in one of those countries is like walking around with a bull's eye on your back.

I agree 100%. The sad thing is alot of the people who go over there are supposedly educated and have college degrees, these aren't burn outs and high school drop outs going to Syria, smh.

Honestly I think its safe to say us as Americans need to stay away from Islamic countries, I think its pretty obvious as to why.

Being an American in one of those countries is like walking around with a bull's eye on your back.

I agree 100%. The sad thing is alot of the people who go over there are supposedly educated and have college degrees, these aren't burn outs and high school drop outs going to Syria, smh.

You can have a degree and still be naive as to the true nature of people though. :)

I agree and I think they should be made to sign a statement declaring that fact as well, if you go to a country like Syria or Somalia you are on your own literally.
I feel the same way about New Orleans, Atlanta, Charlotte, and other places I find myself visiting.

Should the same go for people in America who do dumb stuff and end up in bad situations? Rescue workers put themselves in harms way, and sometimes die, helping people out of situations where it would have been much easier to let them be a nominee for the next Darwin Award. It is the American way to help.

People like Kayla are prime recruits. Another example:

chapman.jpg

Stop The ISM

See a pattern here? ... In the U.S. these girls are recruited by 'professors' who teach bullshit university programs such as 'Peace Studies' and the like.

How Deported ISM Leader Tried New Trick to Enter Israel - Op-Eds - Arutz Sheva

I lost interest in all the outrage the second I found out Kayla was an ISM member. I doubt she wasn even kidnapped at all, now. I can understand a 12 year old getting fooled by these vermin, but not 26 year olds. they aren't 'innocent naive victims', they're willing and active intelligence agents for gangsters and murderers.

They most certainly can be innocent and naive. That all depends on your life experiences. If you were home schooled and only really hung out with your "church group" growing up, then you would certainly be quite naive as to the real world and how people actually behave.

ESPECIALLY if you have never left the country and have no real world experience outside of your small town or suburb, she probably thought ISIS was just misunderstood.

Claiming to be 'naive' is pretty much impossible in the internet age. They know who they're associating with and what they are.

Have you spoken to any young adults lately? internet or not alot of them are VERY damn niaeve and clueless about other cultures, which I imagine was the case with this young lady.

yes, well, after seeing more information about her various rather odd itineraries and the like I would peg her as a courier. I understand your points, but I don't think that's the case with those who join ISM, frankly. We'll just have to disagree on some things.

Should the same go for people in America who do dumb stuff and end up in bad situations? Rescue workers put themselves in harms way, and sometimes die, helping people out of situations where it would have been much easier to let them be a nominee for the next Darwin Award. It is the American way to help.

How about she stay and help her fellow Americans instead of Muslims who despise her?

I'll bow out and let you all have at it. I've prob said too much already. But it just fries my fucking mind. Kayla's mom and her entire family are just down to earth hard working average middle class folks from small town USA.

But, she put herself in Syria, and if this is used to further escalate the "war" against Mid-East acronyms she becomes nothing but a propaganda tool.

If Americans are so naïve as to think they can "help" by going there, they should understand they are on their own.
I believe we, both government and NGO, can play an active and beneficial role in other countries. I agree with Ron Paul in many aspects of his assessment of foreign policy but I do not believe that leads to the conclusion America should be isolationists. We need to clean up our act, make foreign policy public, and do some good in the world.

That's different. They are at home and not in a war zone!! It's really not that difficult a concept. If you leave the country to another country which is known to be unfriendly to Americans, then you are on your own. If you happen to be stuck in a natural disaster or something here at home, then we should help THOSE people.

Would you risk your life, or the life of your sons or daughters or grandkids, to rescue an American International Do-gooder in a place he or she had no business being in the first place?

How about she stay and help her fellow Americans instead of Muslims who despise her?
Maybe she felt she could do the most good overseas. Maybe she bought into Romney's 47% theory.

I believe we, both government and NGO, can play an active and beneficial role in other countries. I agree with Ron Paul in many aspects of his assessment of foreign policy but I do not believe that leads to the conclusion America should be isolationists. We need to clean up our act, make foreign policy public, and do some good in the world.

Are you kidding me? They don't want us there, unless it's to use us for something. Let them take care of themselves. It's not up to us to care for every other crap country.

Maybe she felt she could do the most good overseas. Maybe she bought into Romney's 47% theory.

Who cares? If you go to a hostile country, then you are on your own.

Would you risk your life, or the life of your sons or daughters or grandkids, to rescue an American International Do-gooder in a place he or she had no business being in the first place?
Shit no! What, you think I am stupid or something. o_O

I'm surprised that anyone would become an adherent of a religion where killing or dying would even be considered to be its god's will.

there are NGO and church programs that help people that want to help others go to every corner of the earth for teaching, building, health, farming, solar and water projects, etc. Think of how many want to help with the Ebola crisis. How many have been involved in AIDS programs. How many have distributed food. Money alone does not fix what is broken, people do.

Yes, well they should stop that. It's putting innocent people in harm's way, obviously. They should NOT be encouraging young stupid girls to go to Syria and other dangerous areas. That is just sheer stupidity. Like I've said numerous times, there are many, many other places which are not located in war zones where people need help.

Have you noticed its always the pretty white young women that end up in hell holes like Syria and Iran? WHY?
My psychoanalysis is it is the 'pretty white young woman' guilt complex. They feel they have been overly blessed and must go help the less fortunate.

They're what's known as 'adventure tourists' by some wags, like journalists. It's mostly about naricissism and ego, and romanticizing the 'bad boys'. They aren't much concerned about the victims of their 'heroes'. It'sa bout the adrenaline rush they get from being 'dangerous' or near dangerous people.

I feel the same way about New Orleans, Atlanta, Charlotte, and other places I find myself visiting.

But those are cities here in America. OUR country.

Forum List

Back