Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

And more on Magazine limits.....the killer at Santa Barbara....used legally mandated 10 round magazines...the limits didn't stop him....

So, other killers/mass murderers have used larger capacity mags and speed loaders to do their thing. Why does an average citizen need to rapidly fire a dozen or more rounds?

they are not larger capacity magazines....a 100 round drum is a large capacity device, but a 30 round magazine is a standard magazine.....do you even know what a speed loader is....you claim to be a police officer right?

If the bad guys have access to standard magazines, and the cops have a standard magazine...then the people who pay the police, and who have to defend themselves against the criminals need those magazines as well....I don't know why you think you are able to predict exactly what people will need to defend themselves.....considering the violent criminals who have soaked up 14 rounds and kept fighting....

What is obvious is the right winger and tea party crowd want it to be status quo.
Posing this question shows you have no answer to the problem.
First, an intelligent thought would be recognizing there is a problem.

The Sandy Hook shooter...changed magazines frequently, using combat reloading techniques so magazine limits wouldn't have mattered or stopped him.....

Once situation proves nothing, a shooter will need to pause, maybe take his eyes off of the targets and thus give some people a chance to run away or time to charge the Sob

This has been addressed a number of times....because these killers target gun free zones, they are never under time pressure....at Sandy Hook he took his time, changed magazines numerous times and killed himself before the police arrived...he killed 4 adults and 22 children.....there was no pause for him to get charged, and some claim one or two people escaped due to a magazine change....but he still killed 26 others......the whole magazine change thing is stupid....

You would have to understand what a pause meant, decide to charge and then move from cover to make the charge....and by then he has already reloaded....remember, the principal charged him....and was killed

What if the guy is smart....what if he uses a shotgun.....no magazine...and he can load it without lowering the weapon...my relative who is a cop went to a cop survival class and they showed him how to reload without lowering the weapon....now there is no 1 second magazine change....

The only thing you would do is keep law abiding citizens...the very people not using guns to kill people, from having standard size magazines......and considering how rare school shootings are....another pointless, meaningless, nonsense gesture that just sounds good when you hear it in your head....

and again....killer goes on to youtube....watches this video....doesn't need an AR-15...buys a couple of glocks, gets background checks, gets them registered, gets license.......goes to a school and kills a bunch of kids....because it is a gun free zone and the police are about 10 minutes out....if not longer.....

What is obvious is the right winger and tea party crowd want it to be status quo.
Posing this question shows you have no answer to the problem.
First, an intelligent thought would be recognizing there is a problem.

Yeah, there is a problem....with criminals....arrest them and keep them locked up.....that is one thing the Japanese do to lower their gun violence......in conjunction with being a police state....they lock up gun offenders....for so long that organized criminals won't carry guns.....the chance of a long sentence is too much....because in Japan, they will be convicted...unlike here....

Also...he had pistols with him....so taking away an the AR-15 wouldn't have saved any lives.....

You don't know that

So....if the AR-15 had malfunctioned, he would have just gone home........? right? A couple of pistols would have killed just as many kids and adults....and would have been easier to conceal.......

Okay gun grabbers......who besides the Flash, could rush this guy between magazine changes...

Well...Superman...he is almost as fast running as the Flash, but he could just burn a hole through his chest with his vision, as he allowed any bullets to bounce off him....

Now that discourse is just as reality based as you gun grabbers are when you talk about rushing a gun man....

And gabby giffords was once out of more times that it doesn't happen....like at sandy hook....

And more on Magazine limits.....the killer at Santa Barbara....used legally mandated 10 round magazines...the limits didn't stop him....

So, other killers/mass murderers have used larger capacity mags and speed loaders to do their thing. Why does an average citizen need to rapidly fire a dozen or more rounds?

And another thing....did you see the video from Mumbai, or Kenya........where the terrorists calmly walked around the mall executing innocent people...who were disarmed.......it can happen here....it may very well happen here....and you don't want anyone to be able to resist until the police arrive minutes later......

Well, finally, the movie Terror in the Mall, the documentary on the attack at the mall in Kenya is on Youtube....I suggest that you anti gunners watch it....had these people had guns, the 4 gunmen would have had a problem killing innocent people....not for the squeamish....it shows the deaths of unarmed people....you should watch the whole movie....and then watch Terror in Mumbai....

So far, in 329 pages, the argument by those who oppose gun control / gun regulations can be summarized thusly:

• It's my Second Amendment Right!
  • Those who would like to see gun controls really want to ban guns entirely;
  • Any gun control will lead first to registration, then to confiscation;
  • Honest citizens will become criminals;
  • Gun control will put honest citizens' lives at risk
Very good.

And your point is....??

My point, best expressed by Renan: "The idea that no solution exists never occurs to them, and in this lies their strength." and, "Our opinions become fixed at the point where we stop thinking."

Notice...the killers are not rushed, they are not in a hurry....no one can shoot back....they have plenty of time to change magazines...

So far, in 329 pages, the argument by those who oppose gun control / gun regulations can be summarized thusly:

Very good.

And your point is....??

My point, best expressed by Renan: "The idea that no solution exists never occurs to them, and in this lies their strength." and, "Our opinions become fixed at the point where we stop thinking."

The solution...stop the media from glorifying mass shooters...don't reveal their names or their photos....anyone who commits a gun crime ....a long prison sentence.....

Problem solved....

Very good.

And your point is....??

The solution...stop the media from glorifying mass shooters...don't reveal their names or their photos....anyone who commits a gun crime ....a long prison sentence.....

Problem solved....

Gee, now you are willing to silence the Free Press but not to give an inch on gun control.

In fact I agree with you, in the sense that the press should self censor, and the NRA and its followers should do so too. I hope this is not to abstract for you.

Gee, now you are willing to silence the Free Press but not to give an inch on gun control.

I didn't say they should be forced to, but they should do so out of a desire to keep it from happening again...and if they don't....it is a first amendment protection....

What is it with you and the NRA...they helped get the background checks we have now and are in favor of mental health additions.......

The NRA supported mental health additions to the NICS which they also supported....

NRA Supported Sharing Mental Health Data with NICS Funds Not Appropriated - Breitbart

In January 2008, George W. Bush signed an NRA-supported bill into law to improve and increase incentives for states to share mental health data with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The money for the improvements was spread out over five years, and only a fraction of it has been appropriated.

The NICS Improvement Act authorized approximately “$200 million a year for five years to improve the submission of mental health records to the NICS.” But according to aHighland Strategies’ funding report card through 2013, only a fraction of the money was appropriated.

Two such examples are found in 2009 and 2012. First, of the $187,500,000 authorized for 2009, Highland Strategies found only $10 million was appropriated. Second, of the $187,500,000 authorized for 2012, only $5 million was appropriated.

Breitbart News spoke with the NRA’s Andrew Arulanandam about this. He said, “Historically, the gun control lobby was against NICS because they were for wait periods–the longer, the better. Ironically, they now claim credit for NICS. Yet they do nothing to lobby for NICS’ maintenance and improvements.

So again.....what is your beef with the NRA.....?

Last edited:
The NRA supported mental health additions to the NICS which they also supported....

NRA Supported Sharing Mental Health Data with NICS Funds Not Appropriated - Breitbart

In January 2008, George W. Bush signed an NRA-supported bill into law to improve and increase incentives for states to share mental health data with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The money for the improvements was spread out over five years, and only a fraction of it has been appropriated.

The NICS Improvement Act authorized approximately “$200 million a year for five years to improve the submission of mental health records to the NICS.” But according to aHighland Strategies’ funding report card through 2013, only a fraction of the money was appropriated.

Two such examples are found in 2009 and 2012. First, of the $187,500,000 authorized for 2009, Highland Strategies found only $10 million was appropriated. Second, of the $187,500,000 authorized for 2012, only $5 million was appropriated.

Breitbart News spoke with the NRA’s Andrew Arulanandam about this. He said, “Historically, the gun control lobby was against NICS because they were for wait periods–the longer, the better. Ironically, they now claim credit for NICS. Yet they do nothing to lobby for NICS’ maintenance and improvements.

So again.....what is your beef with the NRA.....?

I couldn't help but noticing...

Doesn't that put a hole in your "gun nutter" narrative? What about the whole "unrestricted gun ownership" thing? From what I see, that's a conservative and a gun rights group doing what needs to be done to ensure crazed maniacs don't get their hands on guns.

As for your hypocrisy, words fail me at the moment....

Not sure what you mean....I am pointing out that Wry Catcher seems to be wrong about the NRA, I know most anti gunners are....they have no real idea what the NRA does, they simply react to anti gun groups spouting nonsense....I don't think background checks do anything....they just add a step for law abiding citizens since if a felon is caught with a gun they have committed another felony....to show I am willing to give a little, I will go along with background checks that don't keep a permanent record, and are instantaneous......they do nothing to stop the 8-9,000 gun murders a year and nothing to stop mass shooters....but they seem to make anti gunners happy....or as happy as they ever get....

We need to expand the list of prohibited persons to include drunk drivers. 20 years ago the feds said anyone convicted of misdemeanor domestic abuse loses their right to have guns and in most states DUI is a misdemeanor too.

Drunk drivers are obviously violent drug criminals and psychopaths with no concern for the lives of others and should not be allowed guns, or cars either for that matter.

I didn't say they should be forced to, but they should do so out of a desire to keep it from happening again...and if they don't....it is a first amendment protection....

What is it with you and the NRA...they helped get the background checks we have now and are in favor of mental health additions.......

Bull, the NRA is a terrorist organization; they promote gun ownership and collude with gun manufacturers and makers of gun accouterments. They spread fear among the biddable, like you, to join and pay dues and to donate to the NRA whenever a gun or ammo is purchased.

See and read between the lines this link:

Do Assault Weapons Sales Pay NRA Salaries

and the links to The NRA Foundation and the NRA Institute of Legislative Action

Forum List

Back