Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Your source is crap....more anti self defense crap.....

Let me guess...background checks, gun registration......magazine limits.....those are your solutions...right? You know....crap that will not work to stop actual violence....but it sure will harrass the people you don't like...gun owners.....

I'm a gun owner, I like myself. I have no problem with obtaining a license to own, possess or have in my custody and control a gun, if my State had the authority to pass such a law.

By the way, I stand by my other statement that you're a liar and still wonder if you ignorance is willful or otherwise. I do suspect otherwise.

Amazing how every anti-gun liberal is a gun owner

As you may know I'm retired LE, trained and vetted psychologically.

I wasn't specifically calling you a liar, though I'm not saying I believe you either. I don't know. I'm just saying that it's incredible how virtually every liberal who argues for gun laws is a gun owner. You fit that mold. Some are true, most are not. And in real life, virtually all the liberal gun owners I know say they are against the Democratic party on this. They don't say what you all do, yeah, I love guns, and bring on the regs, baby!

We all have different life experiences, mine maybe unique. But most Chief's of Police support gun control - at least those who are employed in the civilized parts of our nation.

Let me guess...background checks, gun registration......magazine limits.....those are your solutions...right? You know....crap that will not work to stop actual violence....but it sure will harrass the people you don't like...gun owners.....

I'm a gun owner, I like myself. I have no problem with obtaining a license to own, possess or have in my custody and control a gun, if my State had the authority to pass such a law.

By the way, I stand by my other statement that you're a liar and still wonder if you ignorance is willful or otherwise. I do suspect otherwise.

I wasn't specifically calling you a liar, though I'm not saying I believe you either. I don't know. I'm just saying that it's incredible how virtually every liberal who argues for gun laws is a gun owner. You fit that mold. Some are true, most are not. And in real life, virtually all the liberal gun owners I know say they are against the Democratic party on this. They don't say what you all do, yeah, I love guns, and bring on the regs, baby!

We all have different life experiences, mine maybe unique. But most Chief's of Police support gun control - at least those who are employed in the civilized parts of our nation.

Who believes what isn't an argument. Look dude, my OP question is very clear. What about actually answering it instead of telling us you have guns and who thinks what?

Who believes what isn't an argument. Look dude, my OP question is very clear. What about actually answering it instead of telling us you have guns and who thinks what?

All threads evolve, that said and I've said there is no panacea in keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

But let's try this analogy:

MADD (Mother's against Drunk Drivers) have had a major impact on drunk driving in America. Not every person cited and convicted of DUI is an alcoholic or a drug addict, and yet these usually sober persons killed and injured innocent people way too often. MADD has helped to educate the legislatures all around the country as to the health dangers of driving under the influence of alcohol and other drugs.

The same is true with those who own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun, the vast majority are not criminals until they misuse their gun. Hiding behind the Second Amendment you and others claim nothing can be done until someone is killed or maimed - I find that to be insane, selfish and callous.

Since legislators are best convinced by arguments framed in campaign donations, I have decided the NRA is a terrorist organization, simply because they dominate the debate in Congress and in State Houses around the nation to put forth their agenda Guns good, gun control bad and if you disagree we will support your opponent.

Last edited:

All threads evolve, that said and I've said there is no panacea in keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

MADD (Mother's against Drunk Drivers) have had a major impact on drunk driving in America. Not every person cited and convicted of DUI is an alcoholic or a drug addict, and yet these usually sober persons killed and injured innocent people way too often. MADD has helped to educate the legislatures all around the country as to the health dangers of driving under the influence of alcohol and other drugs.

The same is true with those who own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun, the vast majority are not criminals until they misuse their gun. Hiding behind the Second Amendment you and others claim nothing can be done until someone is killed or maimed - I find that to be insane, selfish and callous.

Since legislators are best convinced by arguments framed in campaign donations, I have decided the NRA is a terrorist organization, simply because they dominate the debate in Congress and in State Houses around the nation to put forth their agenda Guns good, gun control bad and if you disagree we will support your opponent.

Eventually a million moms and dads will rise up and say "Enough"! Maybe not today, but eventually sanity will replace insanity, and gun control in some unknown and currently unknowable iteration will prevail.

Again, you keep citing who is on your side, that isn't an argument. Since any kid can get pot, how are you going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? That is the question, are

Eventually a million moms and dads will rise up and say "Enough"! Maybe not today, but eventually sanity will replace insanity, and gun control in some unknown and currently unknowable iteration will prevail.

Begging the question

So....they license drinkers? You can't drink unless you get a permit from the government? Do they require all drivers to give a breathalizer before they drive? That is what you want for all legal gun owners....right? They stop drunk driving by heavy penalties for those who are caught...and educating people about those penalties....except you want are not advocating the same thing for gun owners.....you want to judge them before they commit crimes.....

and most regular police...the non politically appointed police officers at the street level support people carrying guns for self defense....I'll side with the officers who don't owe their jobs to gun grabbing mayors....

So....they license drinkers? You can't drink unless you get a permit from the government? Do they require all drivers to give a breathalizer before they drive? That is what you want for all legal gun owners....right? They stop drunk driving by heavy penalties for those who are caught...and educating people about those penalties....except you want are not advocating the same thing for gun owners.....you want to judge them before they commit crimes.....

Damn you're really dumb. Or maybe you're simply obtuse, or pretend to be. In any event you pretend to know what I mean to fit your agenda.

What is your plan for keeping guns out of the hands of people who don't obey laws?

How will it work?

and you are a moron....and your stupid ideas for gun control only work to make people victims of the monsters...you stupid twit....

What is your plan for keeping guns out of the hands of people who don't obey laws?

How will it work?

His ideas won't work....he is another gun grabbing moron.......

How will it work?

Your angry, emotional and childish reactions are clearly proof of my observation that you're not very bright. Anyone who can read in context understands my point made over and over, that is, some form of gun control is necessary, for what we have today is insane.

That is an opinion, moron, not a plan of action. Unless and until men and women of good will come to their senses, we will continue to see the types of events which have become all too common in our country. That type of event is of course a situation where one man (no woman, yet) takes a rapid fire weapon with a large magazine and slaughters innocent men, women and children.

Simpletons suggest everyone of us be armed, and that the mentally ill be denied their freedoms, but these gun nuts right to guns all types of arms shall never be infringed, no matter who is harmed. Thus you and the others, the NRA and members of Congress who fail to take action, and allowed the Brady Bill to sunset, are not men or women of good will. The are the loud and callous among us.

There is no way that allowing a State to license anyone who wants to own, possess or have in his custody or control a gun, if we assume the bar for such ownership is established by a vote of the people and such license can be suspended for cause, is a great burden to anyone.

Last edited:

How will it work?

Your angry, emotional and childish reactions are clearly proof of my observation that you're not very bright. Anyone who can read in context understands my point made over and over, that is, some form of gun control is necessary, for what we have today is insane.

That is an opinion, moron, not a plan of action. Unless and until men and women of good will come to their senses, we will continue to see the types of events which have become all too common in our country. That type of event is of course a situation where one man (no woman, yet) takes a rapid fire weapon with a large magazine and slaughters innocent men, women and children.

Simpletons suggest everyone of us be armed, and that the mentally ill be denied their freedoms, but their right to guns all of types shall never be infringed, no matter who is harmed. Thus you and the others, the NRA and members of Congress who fail to take action, and allowed the Brady Bill to sunset, are not men or women of good will. The are the loud and callous among us.
OK, let's play.
What form of "gun control" do you believe would keep guns from the hands of criminals?

How will it work?

Simpletons suggest everyone of us be armed, and that the mentally ill be denied their freedoms, but their right to guns all of types shall never be infringed, no matter who is harmed. Thus you and the others, the NRA and members of Congress who fail to take action, and allowed the Brady Bill to sunset, are not men or women of good will. The are the loud and callous among us.

We have all the gun control we need right now....it just needs to be enforced.....morons like you want more....and morons like you are just dumb....background checks, gun registration, licensing gun owners...would not have stopped Sandy Hook, you twit.....the mother bought her guns legally....and if your dumb ideas had been law her guns....which were background checked...would have been Universally background checked, they would have been registered, and she would have been licensed..........and then her son would have killed her and taken those guns anyway...

You are the one who isn't bright....you are like a bird attracted to shiny objects...you hear "universal background checks" "gun registration" and "licensing gun owners" and "common sense gun control" and you have no idea what they mean or what they would do to stop the 8-9,000 gun murders a year, or any of the mass shootings....you just jump on them because they sound good in your head....

Your dumb ideas would not have stopped, Columbine, the 2 Fort Hood Shootings, the Colorado theater shootings, Virginia tech, the Navy yard shooting...

and you are a fool to think that you can make laws that stop people intent on breaking them...who don't care about the consequences......and you are not Tom Cruise and are not part of "pre-crime"

Laws can only deter law abiding citizens from breaking them, and punish those who do....

Focus you misguided energy on enforcing those laws and locking up those who break them....that would be useful...

Your silly "some form of gun control" stupidity does nothing to save lives....and endangers lives of innocent people...

Merry Christmas.....

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
some form of gun control is necessary, for what we have today is insane.

No, it isn't insane...the media wing of the democrat party hyping every shooting in order to promote gun control...that is insane....

we have 8-9,000 gun murders each year, concentrated in inner cities....amazingly controlled by the democrats.....and they take place in small, multi block areas in those cities......the rest of the country is the same as Europe....

so....8-9,000 gun murders in a country of over 310 million people......

Each year we average 1.6 million times law abiding citizens use guns to STOP violent criminal attack and save lives...

1.6 million times vs. 8-9,000......which number is bigger and better......

But...the media wing of the democrat party only focuses on the misuse of guns because they also have an irrational fear of people....but all of their best attempts to control people fail...especially criminals who ignore all of their stupid laws....in particular their stupid gun control laws....however.....they focus on guns because they think they can control guns...and therefore have some control over the people they fear.....

we do not have a gun problem in this country....we have a criminal problem in this country and the irrational anti gun nuts want innocent people to be victims...and raped and beaten and stabbed and murdered....because they fear guns.....

How will it work?

OK, let's play.
What form of "gun control" do you believe would keep guns from the hands of criminals?

OK, let's do that. Any person over the age of 12 who commits any felony, misdemeanor or has been civilly committed to a mental hospital as a danger to themselves or others shall have both of their hands removed.

Any more stupid questions Rabbit? How about we excuse those who violate the law of gravity, we don't want to be too harsh.

How will it work?

OK, let's play.

OK, let's do that. Any person over the age of 12 who commits any felony, misdemeanor or has been civilly committed to a mental hospital as a danger to themselves or others shall have both of their hands removed.

Any more stupid question Rabbit? How about we excuse those who violate the law of gravity, we don't want to be too harsh.

Of course........you can't or won't list what you really want......if your solutions are so grand......why won't you list them....you are a fool....you know they won't work......and you are embarrassed when you are actually called out.....

How will it work?

We have all the gun control we need right now....it just needs to be enforced.....morons like you want more....and morons like you are just dumb....background checks, gun registration, licensing gun owners...would not have stopped Sandy Hook, you twit.....the mother bought her guns legally....and if your dumb ideas had been law her guns....which were background checked...would have been Universally background checked, they would have been registered, and she would have been licensed..........and then her son would have killed her and taken those guns anyway...

You are the one who isn't bright....you are like a bird attracted to shiny objects...you hear "universal background checks" "gun registration" and "licensing gun owners" and "common sense gun control" and you have no idea what they mean or what they would do to stop the 8-9,000 gun murders a year, or any of the mass shootings....you just jump on them because they sound good in your head....

Your dumb ideas would not have stopped, Columbine, the 2 Fort Hood Shootings, the Colorado theater shootings, Virginia tech, the Navy yard shooting...

and you are a fool to think that you can make laws that stop people intent on breaking them...who don't care about the consequences......and you are not Tom Cruise and are not part of "pre-crime"

Laws can only deter law abiding citizens from breaking them, and punish those who do....

Focus you misguided energy on enforcing those laws and locking up those who break them....that would be useful...

Your silly "some form of gun control" stupidity does nothing to save lives....and endangers lives of innocent people...

Merry Christmas.....

Please define my "some form of gun control", quote me if you like. Then consider, I mean really think about gun control, and let me know if you would accept any form of gun control.

Or do you believe any regulations, about the economy or guns or the right of same sex couples to marry or of a women's right to an abortion are not okay? Is it only guns, and only because there is a Second Amendment interpreted by past Supreme Courts? Prove to me you're not either a simpleton or a hypocrite.

Forum List

Back