Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

The ONLY way we can < effectively > deal with the gun problem is to have a new law that says " anyone who uses / carries a weapon in the course of committing a crime, whether it be a misdemeanor or felony, gets a MANDATORY LIFE SENTENCE IN PRISON WITHOUT PAROLE" and release the thousands of people in prison for simple possession of marijuana.

Let the pot users go and imprison the crazies who use weapons to commit crimes. Soon the bad guys would all be locked up for life instead of having stoners ( who never hurt anyone ) in prison.

MANDATORY LIFE SENTENCE FOR USING A WEAPON AND COMMITTING A CRIME.

The cost to the taxpayer is (depending on the State and the classification of the inmate) somewhere between 30k and 50k per year. Mandatory for life includes end of life medical (hospice) which can be long and costly.

Straw, man. No one makes this argument.

In that they stem from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
There's no ambiguity, as the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home

Your wrong. Two recent 5-4 Supreme Court Decisions made such a claim, anyone who reads the Second Amendment without bias and an open mind sees a very obvious ambiguity in the failure in syntax.

AMBIQUITY - uncertainty or inexactness of meaning in language.

SYNTAX - the arrangement of words and phrases to create well-formed sentences in a language

M14 and Kaz will now provide their analysis that the above is incorrect, wrong headed and simply a result of gun grabber ignorance.
:lol:
You refuse to accept settled law.
Thus, the problem here lies with you and your inability to argue from anything other than emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

To Democrats, law isn't "settled" until a self apointed leftist dictator like John Robers rules to the left. Then it becomes absolute

Roberts is a "leftist" and self appointed? Interesting, GWB appointed him, btw, something every school kid knows by the 8th grade. As for him being a leftist, please define what exactly you mean by a "leftist"?

Wrong. W appointed him to uphold the Constitution, Roberts appointed himself to rewrite it when he doesn't like what it has to say.

As for leftist, Roberts rewrote the Constitution to give us national healthcare, there isn't much more leftist than that, Holmes

Good for you, you've now acknowledge what I've said dozens of times, the Second Amendment, much like the First Amendment (i.e. in re speech: threats, yelling fire in a crowded theater; in re religion: human sacrifice, freedom to marry more than one spouse; Assembly, restricted in a public place when deemed a public nuisance, infringed by permit process) is not an unlimited right.
See post 6128
Still waiting for your responses to the topics linked therein.
Thus gun registration, licensing of those who want to own, possess or have in their custody and control requirements, permits to own types of gun and accessories should all pass muster if deemed a public nuisance or danger to the general public
Non sequitur; that the 2nd allows some restrictions in no way means it allows the restrictions you mention here.

That said....
You and I both know you cannot present a sound argument for the necessity of these things.
Absent the sound illustration of that necessity, there is no sound argument for their constitutionality.

Your opinions aren't persuasive. Given your fetish for guns, nothing you write on the topic is done without bias.

Now that you admit the Second does allow some restrictions, i.e. infringements, something I've argued before, you then try to equivocate your own statement.

That ^^^ really is quite funny.

The rule is licensing is acceptable (by your own statement), and the exception to the rule simply proves the rule that licensing is acceptable.

Yes pervert, anyone who thinks the second amendment protects the right to own a gun has a "fetish."

Is that true of other Constitutional rights too? Believing in free speech and search warrants means you have a "fetish?" Or is that just guns?

The ONLY way we can < effectively > deal with the gun problem is to have a new law that says " anyone who uses / carries a weapon in the course of committing a crime, whether it be a misdemeanor or felony, gets a MANDATORY LIFE SENTENCE IN PRISON WITHOUT PAROLE" and release the thousands of people in prison for simple possession of marijuana.

Let the pot users go and imprison the crazies who use weapons to commit crimes. Soon the bad guys would all be locked up for life instead of having stoners ( who never hurt anyone ) in prison.

I could get behind that concept

The cost to the taxpayer is (depending on the State and the classification of the inmate) somewhere between 30k and 50k per year. Mandatory for life includes end of life medical (hospice) which can be long and costly.

That cost is dwarfed by the cost of all the crimes committed on society

Good for you, you've now acknowledge what I've said dozens of times, the Second Amendment, much like the First Amendment (i.e. in re speech: threats, yelling fire in a crowded theater; in re religion: human sacrifice, freedom to marry more than one spouse; Assembly, restricted in a public place when deemed a public nuisance, infringed by permit process) is not an unlimited right.
See post 6128
Thus gun registration, licensing of those who want to own, possess or have in their custody and control requirements, permits to own types of gun and accessories should all pass muster if deemed a public nuisance or danger to the general public
Non sequitur; that the 2nd allows some restrictions in no way means it allows the restrictions you mention here.

That said....
You and I both know you cannot present a sound argument for the necessity of these things.
Absent the sound illustration of that necessity, there is no sound argument for their constitutionality.

Your opinions aren't persuasive. Given your fetish for guns, nothing you write on the topic is done without bias.

Now that you admit the Second does allow some restrictions, i.e. infringements, something I've argued before, you then try to equivocate your own statement.

The rule is licensing is acceptable (by your own statement), and the exception to the rule simply proves the rule that licensing is acceptable.

Also, the only one who ever said gun rights are "unlimited" is you

I like how liberals like Wry think in such complete and utter absolutes, then claim to be smarter because they aren't all black and white like conservatives...
I wrote: Your idea, if I'm stating it correctly is that anyone who has no record of arrests should have the right (at all times and in all places?) to be armed.
My points are consistent,....
Asshole (that is M14 and others like him) fall back on this ambiguity:
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
There's no ambiguity, as the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home

Your wrong. Two recent 5-4 Supreme Court Decisions made such a claim, anyone who reads the Second Amendment without bias and an open mind sees a very obvious ambiguity in the failure in syntax.

SYNTAX - the arrangement of words and phrases to create well-formed sentences in a language

Challenge ... ACCEPTED

OK, Holmes. Answer either of these questions.

1) What other right allows government to decide who gets the right as well as you have to get a license and pay a fee

2) Where did the Founders say guns aren't really a right like other rights are...

now run away like the scared little bitch that you are

"scared little bitch"; spoken with the authority of trailer trash.

1. Word Salad, fix the syntax and maybe it might, possibly seem kinda like someone whose first language was English, and they completed the first grade.

2. I doubt anyone alive today heard anything the founder's said.

:lmao:

Note you didn't answer the question, I called the part you're a scared little bitch right. Here you go again. I have asked you this at least 20 times, no answer. It's pretty clear, see if you can solve it, Holmes. One of them has to be true given your insistence that licensing and registration and fees are cool for guns

1) What other right allows government to decide who gets the right as well as you have to get a license and pay a fee

2) Where did the Founders say guns aren't really a right like other rights are...

M14 and Kaz will now provide their analysis that the above is incorrect, wrong headed and simply a result of gun grabber ignorance.
Thus, the problem here lies with you and your inability to argue from anything other than emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

To Democrats, law isn't "settled" until a self apointed leftist dictator like John Robers rules to the left. Then it becomes absolute

Roberts is a "leftist" and self appointed? Interesting, GWB appointed him, btw, something every school kid knows by the 8th grade. As for him being a leftist, please define what exactly you mean by a "leftist"?

Wrong. W appointed him to uphold the Constitution, Roberts appointed himself to rewrite it when he doesn't like what it has to say.

As for leftist, Roberts rewrote the Constitution to give us national healthcare, there isn't much more leftist than that, Holmes

I suppose I should never ask you anything, reality isn't your forte.

Being the typical arrogant, piece of shit Liberal is yours.

See post 6128

That said....

Yes pervert, anyone who thinks the second amendment protects the right to own a gun has a "fetish."

Is that true of other Constitutional rights too? Believing in free speech and search warrants means you have a "fetish?" Or is that just guns?

Wrong again asshole, "Fetishistic disorder is a mental health condition that centers on the employment of inanimate objects as a source of sexual satisfaction or the fulfillment of sexual fantasies or urges."

Clearly your life is focused on no one interfering with the satisfaction of playing with your guns. Why else do you spend hours defending an inanimate object, particularly one which has inflicted misery and death on innocent victims too oftern in the past decade.

See post 6128

That said....

LOL, not true, that you lie is another character flaw and or mental aberration you manifest.

See post 6128

That said....

Wrong again asshole, "Fetishistic disorder is a mental health condition that centers on the employment of inanimate objects as a source of sexual satisfaction or the fulfillment of sexual fantasies or urges."

Clearly your life is focused on no one interfering with the satisfaction of playing with your guns. Why else do you spend hours defending an inanimate object, particularly one which has inflicted misery and death on innocent victims too oftern in the past decade.

Clearly you, in typical Liberal fashion, claim to know more about people than they know about themselves. Seems Liberals spend hours upon hours fantasizing how they can go about keeping people from owning guns. Sounds like a fetish to me.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
See post 6128

That said....

LOL, not true, that you lie is another character flaw and or mental aberration you manifest.

It's true. You being unwilling to admit it is a character flaw and mental illness.

I wrote: Your idea, if I'm stating it correctly is that anyone who has no record of arrests should have the right (at all times and in all places?) to be armed.
My points are consistent,....
Asshole (that is M14 and others like him) fall back on this ambiguity:
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Challenge ... ACCEPTED

now run away like the scared little bitch that you are

"scared little bitch"; spoken with the authority of trailer trash.

1. Word Salad, fix the syntax and maybe it might, possibly seem kinda like someone whose first language was English, and they completed the first grade.

2. I doubt anyone alive today heard anything the founder's said.

:lmao:

Note you didn't answer the question, I called the part you're a scared little bitch right. Here you go again. I have asked you this at least 20 times, no answer. It's pretty clear, see if you can solve it, Holmes. One of them has to be true given your insistence that licensing and registration and fees are cool for guns

I have no duty to answer anything you ask of me. To put your loaded and stupid questions to rest:

The Right to vote is restricted to those who are registered; we needed three amendments to the Constitution to force some States to do the right thing. Some, with Right Wing control still work to suppress this right.

Gays were denied the right to serve in our military.

Gay and Lesbian couples were denied the right to marry.

CC&R's prevented African Americans to own or rent in neighborhoods.

Mixed races were denied the right to marry.

All of which have been deemed unconstitutional. Only right wing authoritarian fascists supported them and are still pissed off that the "left wing" believes in equal rights before the law.

Subsequent to the ratification of the COTUS the Bill of Rights was promulgated: The first, fourth, fifth, sixth, eighth, Amendments are all taken from the English Common Law, as was the second.

Read the following and comment, but stop with the stupid questions:

Natural Rights, Common Law, and the English Right of Self-Defense

I directly answered your question, that you don't like the answer is your problem, not mine.

Now answering questions really isn't your forte. Here's one you keep running and hiding from like a little girl:

You are saying for guns, a Constitutional right, that government can require license, registration and charging fees. So one of those must be your view. Either you think government can do the same for other rights, or you think this right is not like other rights. Which one is it?

See post 6128

That said....

You are seriously mentally diseased that you think of guns in terms of a sexual fetish. If you want to whack off to a Saturday Night Special go ahead, but I for one don't really care to hear about it

See post 6128

That said....

Yet you can't name one and every gun right advocate in the thread has told you the same thing. Gun rights are not "absolute," they can be restricted with due process of law

I have no duty to answer anything you ask of me. To put your loaded and stupid questions to rest:

The Right to vote is restricted to those who are registered; we needed three amendments to the Constitution to force some States to do the right thing. Some, with Right Wing control still work to suppress this right.

What is loaded about my question? You confirmed it right after you said it's loaded. My question is directly related to what you just said, you said, "The Right to vote is restricted to those who are registered."

Name another right that you must be "registered" as well as licensed and pay a fee to have that right? Or, explain why this right is different than other rights? What is possibly unclear to you about that other than that you're a sniveling, cowardly bitch who won't man up to your own argument?

See post 6128

That said....

Clearly your life is focused on no one interfering with the satisfaction of playing with your guns. Why else do you spend hours defending an inanimate object, particularly one which has inflicted misery and death on innocent victims too often in the past decade.

Clearly you, in typical Liberal fashion, claim to know more about people than they know about themselves. Seems Liberals spend hours upon hours fantasizing how they can go about keeping people from owning guns. Sounds like a fetish to me.

Clearly you're incapable of independent thought and have been brainwashed to believe a person with an open mind and seeking solutions to age old problems is out of step with our Constitution and traditional American ethos.

Everyone judges people, by their appearance, use of language and demeanor and I have judged you as poorly educated, brainwashed and either willfully ignorant or dumb.

You claim to be a conservative simply to have a sense of belonging, that is pitiful but not uncommon.

Forum List

Back