Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

No, but we probably shouldn't sell them guns, either.

Like we have a choice.

Sure we do.

To get a gun, you have to go through a THOROUGH background check. You have to buy VERY expensive insurance to keep one. And if the gun seller took a shortcut, we sue his ass into oblivion when his gun is used in a crime.

You could certainly interpret it so. However, that's not what I was talking about.

Unless, nearly all guns are confiscated, nothing will change. Nothing short of a full-blown police state will work.

Yes, it is that simple. As our clueless friend asks should the victims be compensated, she doesn't assign who should compensate them. Insurance money of course appears out of nowhere in her simple mind. Actually, that would be again honest gun owners being assigned the liability of paying for criminals. The shooter is liable. Not the government or insurance companies. And if someone wants to insure themselves, they can do that too. But just putting another direct or indirect tax on honest citizens is no fair answer. This is all completely above her head.

The issue with candy is that she doesn't want guns regulated. She wants them gone, period. And she can't snap her fingers in make that happy, irrational solution it is, she's just throwing ridiculous regulations out there trying to discourage people from owning guns.

Most cars are not involved in accidents (my current car has never had a wreck for example and it's almost older than me) yet we require auto liability insurance.

Guns are different exactly how?

Using cars as an example is like comparing apples and oranges.

Guy, totally trashed your hiney, I'm surprised you had the nerve to show your face.

Maybe you need to get back to your video game. Reality is much too scary for you.

Guess again, Joe. From where I sit, the kid has humiliated you. I suppose you could start a poll and ask your peers....

Yeah, but you're like a crazy person, so your opinions don't count.

You could poll that too. I'm thinking you would be disappointed by the results.

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of gun violence. Why? Because a gun in the house is much more likely to be used by an angry spouse or depressed teenager to kill themselves or others, than it is to be used for self defense.

So gun owners are gradually being eliminated from the gene pool.

well except for the fact that liberal myth has been debunked over and over and gun owners are on the rise.

Who is stupid enough not to know that owning a gun doesn't entail risks? :badgrin:

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of gun violence. Why? Because a gun in the house is much more likely to be used by an angry spouse or depressed teenager to kill themselves or others, than it is to be used for self defense.

So gun owners are gradually being eliminated from the gene pool.

well except for the fact that liberal myth has been debunked over and over and gun owners are on the rise.

Who is stupid enough not to know that owning a gun doesn't entail risks? :badgrin:

Owning a pencil entails risks.

Well, that's fine but a sometimes you get a Sandyhook situation where a law abiding citizen has their gun taken and you have carnage.

It could happen to any responsible gun owner.

Hence liability insurance is needed; while it's great (if you want to call it that) that the shooter is in prison or dead; something needs to be built into the system to account for the carnage left in the wake. Since you can't bring back someone who is dead or repair (totally) the wounds in some cases; money is all that there is sadly.

So a liberal is suggesting we don't know how to solve a problem, so let's throw money at it. Of course you are...

I tend to think the gun owner should be responsible for what their weapon does; the same way a car owner is responsible if you damage someone else's car.

Disagree that the injured should be compensated? Of course you do.

Were the victims of Sandy Hook due any compensation? Yes or No

Should the owner of a chain saw be responsible for everything done with it? :lol:

Like we have a choice.

Sure we do.

To get a gun, you have to go through a THOROUGH background check. You have to buy VERY expensive insurance to keep one. And if the gun seller took a shortcut, we sue his ass into oblivion when his gun is used in a crime.

We already do go through background checks. What next? TSA style pat downs?

Background checks that let Aaron Alexis, Cho Hueng and Joker Holmes buy guns are about as inadequate as using fish-net panty-hose as a shark cage.

Incidently, the Germans have already figured this one out. They already do this with their gun owners, (They have about 17 million guns for 80 million Germans). But because they very strictly control who can buy a gun, they have almost NO shooting incidents.

So a liberal is suggesting we don't know how to solve a problem, so let's throw money at it. Of course you are...

I tend to think the gun owner should be responsible for what their weapon does; the same way a car owner is responsible if you damage someone else's car.

Should the owner of a chain saw be responsible for everything done with it? :lol:

Depends.

Lets say it's an electric and the owner has disabled any safety features. Let's he leaves it unattended and plugged in with a group of kindergarteners.

Yes, I'd say you are responsible for accidents that occur on / with your property that should have been avoided.

As another example, your pit bull kills the neighbors kid.

Still another example, you leave the gate open and the neighbor's kid drowns in your pool.

If they knowingly sold it to Leatherface, yes.

Leatherface1974.jpg

If they knowing sold it to Nancy Lanza, who was obviously nuts, and she dragged her kid along, and he was obviously even more nuts, then, yeah, they are liable.

Yes. But as with all of this, you still don't understand insurance and liability. I'd be glad to explain it, but you're going to have to start caring about understanding discussions and addressing points before I am willing to go to the effort to explain it to you.

Please explain where the compensation should come from. Mom is dead. Dad is gone in the Sandyhook case. The perp is dead too.

Your move.

Why does there need to be compensation in the first place? It's unfortunate, but just because shit happens doesn't mean someone need to open a checkbook.

If someone steals a car and kills 30 kindergarteners with a Buick, why does anyone need to cough up money?

Right. Who wants to worry about this shit?

If they knowingly sold it to Leatherface, yes.

Leatherface1974.jpg

If they knowing sold it to Nancy Lanza, who was obviously nuts, and she dragged her kid along, and he was obviously even more nuts, then, yeah, they are liable.

That's one HELL of a stretch there, son. :evil:

Sure we do.

We already do go through background checks. What next? TSA style pat downs?

Background checks that let Aaron Alexis, Cho Hueng and Joker Holmes buy guns are about as inadequate as using fish-net panty-hose as a shark cage.

Incidently, the Germans have already figured this one out. They already do this with their gun owners, (They have about 17 million guns for 80 million Germans). But because they very strictly control who can buy a gun, they have almost NO shooting incidents.

Had any of those 3 been declared insane by the court?

I suppose even you could pass a background check, Joe.

They don't have ghettos full of drug dealers shooting one another either.

The vast majority of gun crimes are committed by people already prohibited from owning guns.

[

Had any of those 3 been declared insane by the court?

I suppose even you could pass a background check, Joe.

No criminal record.
Honorably discharged Army Veteran
Hold down a good paying job.

Yeah, I probably could.

But there's the thing. The three guys mentioned had all been flagged as mentally ill.

Holmes was being thrown out of the university.

Loughner had been banned from a community college. and seriously, how much of a screwup do you have to be to get banned from a community college.

Cho was being privately tutored by the university because so many of the other students had complained about his creepy behavior.

IN short, an investigation WOULD have raised red flags.

The standard is, "These guy shouldn't have had a gun." Period. There is no calculus where these guys having a gun was ever a good idea.

If the only way to keep THESE guys from having guns is to take EVERYONE'S guns, I have no problem with that.

If you have way to keep the guns out of these guys hands, I'd be happy to hear it.

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-for-gun-law-is-so-simple-it-s-not-funny.html

Forum List

Back