Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

[

I have an idea, what do you think the effect on crimes using a gun would be if we took the guilty and hung them in the public square?

Gun crime would become a non-factor

-Geaux

Yeah, that would be a pretty retarded idea, given we've had 142 people who were sent to death row released when it was discovered someone else did it.

10,000 innocent people are convicted of crimes every year due to incompetent lawyers, corrupt cops, etc.

Acceptable risk

-Geaux

So if you get falsely accused of a crime, you'll happily let them hang you in the public square becuase you'll be providing a fine example to discourage criminals? Really?

Besides the fact that capital punishment has no deterent value, I don't see you as being that selfless.

I'm sure you'll happily volunteer other innocent people up for wrongful execution, though.

[

I have an idea, what do you think the effect on crimes using a gun would be if we took the guilty and hung them in the public square?

Gun crime would become a non-factor

-Geaux

Yeah, that would be a pretty retarded idea, given we've had 142 people who were sent to death row released when it was discovered someone else did it.

10,000 innocent people are convicted of crimes every year due to incompetent lawyers, corrupt cops, etc.

i need to see proof of this bullshit allegation provide a link to your lie !! :up:

Why, you'll just ignore it, anyway.

i believe every gun hating liberal/democRAT post a sign like this, say 18"X24" visible from the street in their yard and a smaller one on their front door.

gun_free_zone_sign.jpg

this will stop all violence committed by criminals with guns.................., RIGHT ?? :lmao: i hope you gun haters noticed i did NOT say "gun violence"...., if FACT maters, there is no such thing as a violent gun, just you haters are violent !! :up:

i need to see proof of this bullshit allegation provide a link to your lie !! :up:

oooooh no !! i never ignore your FACTS when/if you ever post any, your link to this absurdness will NOT be ignored, i promise you, i will make hay with your FACTS that 10,000 innocent people are convicted every year..., please now post that link........, pretty please !! pretty please with whip creme on it

Brave Sir JoeB ran away.
("No!")
Bravely ran away away.
("I didn't!")
When danger reared it's ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
("no!")
Yes, brave Sir JoeB turned about
("I didn't!")
And gallantly he chickened out.

****Bravely**** taking ("I never did!") to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat.
("all lies!")
Bravest of the braaaave, Sir JoeB!
("I never!")

Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Make anyone who wants to buy a gun pass a drug test. And don't sell to Mexicans.

Tired of depressing news? Smile, because here is some very positive news: 50 U.S. Senators—both Democrats and Republicans—have pledged to stop Obama’s latest attack on the Second Amendment.

Last week, all 50 senators wrote a letter to Obama pledging not to ratify the United Nations’ Arms Trade Treaty. In order for this treaty to be ratified, it would need 60 “yay” votes in the Senate. This means, gun owners will not need to forfeit their God-given right to self-defense and President Obama is on notice that his latest attack on the Second Amendment is dead on arrival in the Senate.

This fall, the Obama administration signed the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty. As I warned gun owners in August, this treaty undermines your Second Amendment rights, places international law on a pedestal above our Constitution and encourages the creation of a national gun registry.

Obama pledged that he would never sign the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty.

Senate Wins Big Victory for 2nd Amendment - Katie Kieffer - Page 1

For the slow and stupid.

the USA has 3 percent violent crime by population

The United Kingdom has 10 percent by population

Germany has 7 percent by population

France has 5 percent by population.

Canada has 7 percent by population.

The murder rate in the US is 4.7 per 100000 as established by the FBI. The link in question shows that 3.6 of those are by firearms.

List of countries by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Total crimes statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A reminder of where it is more violent, those countries with strict firearm laws.

London is more violent than Miami...who knew? :cuckoo:
This is the load of BS the gun nuts are trying to sell...

It's interesting how you pick those cities, which so clearly demonstrate massive differences between the US and the UK. London you can basically only arrive from air. Miami is a melting pot from Latin America, both legal and illegal immigration.

As I've pointed out before, your cliche of gun owners being mainstream white, more rural Americans is largely true. The lie is that isn't where more than a fraction of the gun crimes are occurring. Gun crimes are dominated by inner city, mostly non-white communities with a high rate committed by illegal aliens.

In other words, gun crimes are largely committed where they are already banned. Your solution? Banning them. Why will it work? You don't know. Why doesn't it work for drugs? You don't know. You do know it works in Europe. Why there? You don't know. You just know we have to do what we do for drugs and wait a long, long time, then bam, it'll work.

There are between 270-300 million guns in the USA. To put this in perspective, 4% of the worlds population owns 50% of all privately owned guns in the world. Some would think this would mean that the USA should have a homicide rate over 12x (50% divided by 4%) higher than the rest of the world.

In 2012 the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime compared intentional homicide rates for most countries in the world. USA's rate was 4.8 per 100,000 inhabitants while the worldwide average was 6.9. These figures mean you are 30% less likely to be murdered in the USA than elsewhere in the world.. The 4.8 homicide rate is not even close to 12 times higher than the rest of the world.
You folks are living in a fantasy world. Please buy some gravity boots and come back down to earth.

Living "on earth" hasn't been enough for you to address the question in the op...

The UN relies on figures submitted by member nations. And the problem is, the US ONLY counts violent crimes, everyone else counts all crimes.

We have 16,000 murders, we lock up 2 million Americans and have another 7 million on probation and parole. We are awash in crime. Guns have a lot to do with it.

Since the topic is gun laws, to clarify, you consider that crimes committed with guns can be non-violent?

Acceptable risk

-Geaux

So if you get falsely accused of a crime, you'll happily let them hang you in the public square becuase you'll be providing a fine example to discourage criminals? Really?

Besides the fact that capital punishment has no deterent value, I don't see you as being that selfless.

I'm sure you'll happily volunteer other innocent people up for wrongful execution, though.

Watching liberals when logic is coming is like a bloody car accident on the side of the road, you cringe, but you just have to look.

I'm against capital punishment, but your statement is so completely illogical. What he said was he would take the risk of being executed accidentally so that guilty murderers will be executed.

To say you thought he said he would take the certainty of a wrongful execution is all the logic of a teenage girl on her period. How can liberals not even process simple, obvious logic?

I am in favor of having fewer guns in circulation. The problem is simple, it would be impossible to enforce. Most pro gun control supporters must have no idea of just who many guns exist in the USA and with an equal split between legal and illegal.
I have no problem with hunting; but would like to have a rule, "You must eat what you shoot." The people I worry about most are not the criminals but those who know nothing about guns. I have been asked many times. "Which gun should I buy for self defense?" Anyone asking that question should not be allowed to own one.

Last edited:
For the slow and stupid.

the USA has 3 percent violent crime by population

The United Kingdom has 10 percent by population

Germany has 7 percent by population

France has 5 percent by population.

Canada has 7 percent by population.

The murder rate in the US is 4.7 per 100000 as established by the FBI. The link in question shows that 3.6 of those are by firearms.

List of countries by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Total crimes statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A reminder of where it is more violent, those countries with strict firearm laws.

That would be news to nearly everyone on the planet...including the Mayor of Miami...

That would be news to nearly everyone on the planet...including the Mayor of Miami...

As I already posted in reply to this:

It's interesting how you pick those cities, which so clearly demonstrate massive differences between the US and the UK. London you can basically only arrive from air. Miami is a melting pot from Latin America, both legal and illegal immigration.

As I've pointed out before, your cliche of gun owners being mainstream white, more rural Americans is largely true. The lie is that isn't where more than a fraction of the gun crimes are occurring. Gun crimes are dominated by inner city, mostly non-white communities with a high rate committed by illegal aliens.

In other words, gun crimes are largely committed where they are already banned. Your solution? Banning them. Why will it work? You don't know. Why doesn't it work for drugs? You don't know. You do know it works in Europe. Why there? You don't know. You just know we have to do what we do for drugs and wait a long, long time, then bam, it'll work.

I am in favor of having fewer guns in circulation. The problem is simple, it would be impossible to enforce. Most pro gun control supporters must have no idea of just who many guns exist in the USA and with an equal split between legal and illegal.
I have no problem with hunting; but would like to have a rule, "You must eat what you shoot." The people I worry about most are not the criminals but those who know nothing about guns. I have been asked many times. "Which gun should I buy for self defense?" Anyone asking that question should not be allowed to own one.

It's a reasonable question as long as they are planning to go to the NRA and learn how to use it safely.

Boom...there go the goal posts yet again.

Gee, London is more voilent than Detroit. Who Knew? That would be news to everyone on the planet...including the Mayor of Detroit.

It's in the middle of the country pretty much....

Excuse time...ready...set...go!

Boom...there go the goal posts yet again.

Gee, London is more voilent than Detroit. Who Knew? That would be news to everyone on the planet...including the Mayor of Detroit.

It's in the middle of the country pretty much....

Excuse time...ready...set...go!

So when you talk to different people we make different points and that's "moving the goal posts" to you. That must be very disconcerting. It's funny because I keep mocking liberals for all not only agreeing on every position but using the same talking points. You deny it while you do it and even state that's your expectation of "non-liberals." Non-liberals isn't even one ideology, it's all of us. But your standard for us is that we work it out and have monolithic views like you do.

As for you, I said Miami and you switched to Detroit. Then you mocked a point I didn't make. Seems I wasn't the one who moved them.

As for the highlight, what was your point exactly?

Just only sell guns to people who pass IQ and drug tests. Eventually the guns in circulation will either stop working or end up in Mexico, or both.

Just only sell guns to people who pass IQ and drug tests.

I'd rather do that for voters. The Democratic party would implode.

Forum List

Back