Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Buddy, look for an AA meeting soon.

"U.S. Has More Guns – And Gun Deaths – Than Any Other Country, Study Finds"
U.S. Has More Guns ? And Gun Deaths ? Than Any Other Country, Study Finds - ABC News

We are not arguing gun deaths we are arguing overall violence. And that is not the US. I provided the facts supported by your buddy the UN.

Then you must be lost from all the drinking. This thread is called:"Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?". Make sure you call a taxi to get home.

U.S. Has More Guns ? And Gun Deaths ? Than Any Other Country, Study Finds - ABC News

We are not arguing gun deaths we are arguing overall violence. And that is not the US. I provided the facts supported by your buddy the UN.

Then you must be lost from all the drinking. This thread is called:"Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?". Make sure you call a taxi to get home.

In other words you are wrong and now have to find away to save face, I get it really I do.

As for the thread OP you have not answered that question at all.

In other words you are wrong and now have to find away to save face, I get it really I do.

Alcoholic logic. Look Homer, your first link was about gun deaths. You're second link was irrelevant about overall crime when it relates to gun deaths. And your 3rd link was population, which shows that with a higher gun death rate and a much higher population, overall gun deaths will be a lot higher then anyone else as well. Shit man, get some help.

Alcoholic logic. Look Homer, your first link was about gun deaths. You're second link was irrelevant about overall crime when it relates to gun deaths. And your 3rd link was population, which shows that with a higher gun death rate and a much higher population, overall gun deaths will be a lot higher then anyone else as well. Shit man, get some help.

The one that is drunk is you. I showed that overall violence is higher among those supposed liberal utopia gun free States. Higher by a LOT.

For the slow and stupid.

the USA has 3 percent violent crime by population

The United Kingdom has 10 percent by population

Germany has 7 percent by population

France has 5 percent by population.

Canada has 7 percent by population.

The murder rate in the US is 4.7 per 100000 as established by the FBI. The link in question shows that 3.6 of those are by firearms.

List of countries by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Total crimes statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A reminder of where it is more violent, those countries with strict firearm laws.

Since you haven't even tried to answer the question in the op, who are you to be lecturing anyone on the thread?

[

A reminder of where it is more violent, those countries with strict firearm laws.

Again, the probelm with these numbers is that they are apples to oranges comparison.

Fact-Checking Ben Swann: Is the UK really 5 times more violent than the US? | The Skeptical Libertarian Blog

First, it should be noted that the figures Swann gives are out of date: in 2010, according to the FBI, the reported rate of violent crime in the US was 403 incidents per 100,000 people–the 466 figure comes from 2007. Second, and more importantly, the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports defines a “violent crime” as one of four specific offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

The British Home Office, by contrast, has a substantially different definition of violent crime. The British definition includes all “crimes against the person,” including simple assaults, all robberies, and all “sexual offenses,” as opposed to the FBI, which only counts aggravated assaults and “forcible rapes.”

When you look at how this changes the meaning of “violent crime,” it becomes clear how misleading it is to compare rates of violent crime in the US and the UK. You’re simply comparing two different sets of crimes. In 2009/10, for instance (annual data is from September to September), British police recorded 871,712 crimes against persons, 54,509 sexual offenses, and 75,101 robberies in England and Wales. Based on the 2010 population of 55.6 million, this gives a staggeringly high violent crime rate of 1,797 offenses per 100,00 people.

But of the 871,000 crimes against the person, less than half (401,000) involved any actual injury. The remainder were mostly crimes like simple assault without injury, harassment, “possession of an article with a blade or point,” and causing “public fear, alarm, or distress.” And of the 54,000 sexual offenses, only a quarter (15,000) were rapes. This makes it abundantly clear that the naive comparison of crime rates either wildly overstates the amount of violence in the UK or wildly understates it in the US.

Since you haven't even tried to answer the question in the op, who are you to be lecturing anyone on the thread?

I did, you just can't read very well.

[

Again, the probelm with these numbers is that they are apples to oranges comparison.

Fact-Checking Ben Swann: Is the UK really 5 times more violent than the US? | The Skeptical Libertarian Blog

First, it should be noted that the figures Swann gives are out of date: in 2010, according to the FBI, the reported rate of violent crime in the US was 403 incidents per 100,000 people–the 466 figure comes from 2007. Second, and more importantly, the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports defines a “violent crime” as one of four specific offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

The British Home Office, by contrast, has a substantially different definition of violent crime. The British definition includes all “crimes against the person,” including simple assaults, all robberies, and all “sexual offenses,” as opposed to the FBI, which only counts aggravated assaults and “forcible rapes.”

When you look at how this changes the meaning of “violent crime,” it becomes clear how misleading it is to compare rates of violent crime in the US and the UK. You’re simply comparing two different sets of crimes. In 2009/10, for instance (annual data is from September to September), British police recorded 871,712 crimes against persons, 54,509 sexual offenses, and 75,101 robberies in England and Wales. Based on the 2010 population of 55.6 million, this gives a staggeringly high violent crime rate of 1,797 offenses per 100,00 people.

But of the 871,000 crimes against the person, less than half (401,000) involved any actual injury. The remainder were mostly crimes like simple assault without injury, harassment, “possession of an article with a blade or point,” and causing “public fear, alarm, or distress.” And of the 54,000 sexual offenses, only a quarter (15,000) were rapes. This makes it abundantly clear that the naive comparison of crime rates either wildly overstates the amount of violence in the UK or wildly understates it in the US.

You mean like how the British do not report a murder unless someone is convicted? According to you that is irrelevant. As for your claim to bad these are UN Figures, are you now admitting the UN does not know what they are talking about?

As I recall you were in the threads on health care and pooh poohed the fact that different countries report births widely different when claiming the US death of a new born is compared.

Even the British admit their violence has sky rocketed with the elimination of private ownership of firearms, has has Australia and other nations.

gun_free_zone_sign.jpg

Last edited:

I did, you just can't read very well.

You answered the title question, which is just a brief version of it. Which is why your answer was so shallow, the question in the op is the one you're supposed to answer. In fact, your answer demonstrated the point of the op question. Do you know what a "title" is?

For the slow and stupid.

The murder rate in the US is 4.7 per 100000 as established by the FBI. The link in question shows that 3.6 of those are by firearms.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

London is more violent than Miami...who knew? :cuckoo:
This is the load of BS the gun nuts are trying to sell...

For the slow and stupid.

There are between 270-300 million guns in the USA. To put this in perspective, 4% of the worlds population owns 50% of all privately owned guns in the world. Some would think this would mean that the USA should have a homicide rate over 12x (50% divided by 4%) higher than the rest of the world.

In 2012 the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime compared intentional homicide rates for most countries in the world. USA's rate was 4.8 per 100,000 inhabitants while the worldwide average was 6.9. These figures mean you are 30% less likely to be murdered in the USA than elsewhere in the world.. The 4.8 homicide rate is not even close to 12 times higher than the rest of the world.

Last edited:

There are between 270-300 million guns in the USA. To put this in perspective, 4% of the worlds population owns 50% of all privately owned guns in the world. Some would think this would mean that the USA should have a homicide rate over 12x (50% divided by 4%) higher than the rest of the world.

In 2012 the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime compared intentional homicide rates for most countries in the world. USA's rate was 4.8 per 100,000 inhabitants while the worldwide average was 6.9. These figures mean you are 30% less likely to be murdered in the USA than elsewhere in the world.. The 4.8 homicide rate is not even close to 12 times higher than the rest of the world.
You folks are living in a fantasy world. Please buy some gravity boots and come back down to earth.

[

You mean like how the British do not report a murder unless someone is convicted? According to you that is irrelevant. As for your claim to bad these are UN Figures, are you now admitting the UN does not know what they are talking about?

As I recall you were in the threads on health care and pooh poohed the fact that different countries report births widely different when claiming the US death of a new born is compared.

Even the British admit their violence has sky rocketed with the elimination of private ownership of firearms, has has Australia and other nations.

One time guy, for the UK to have a murder rate ANYWHERE CLOSE to the US, the British prosecutors would have to have a conviction rate of 1%. It just doesn't happen.

The UN relies on figures submitted by member nations. And the problem is, the US ONLY counts violent crimes, everyone else counts all crimes.

We have 16,000 murders, we lock up 2 million Americans and have another 7 million on probation and parole. We are awash in crime. Guns have a lot to do with it.

But heaven forbid you guys admit that.

[

One time guy, for the UK to have a murder rate ANYWHERE CLOSE to the US, the British prosecutors would have to have a conviction rate of 1%. It just doesn't happen.

The UN relies on figures submitted by member nations. And the problem is, the US ONLY counts violent crimes, everyone else counts all crimes.

We have 16,000 murders, we lock up 2 million Americans and have another 7 million on probation and parole. We are awash in crime. Guns have a lot to do with it.

But heaven forbid you guys admit that.

I have an idea, what do you think the effect on crimes using a gun would be if we took the guilty and hung them in the public square?

Gun crime would become a non-factor

-Geaux

[

I have an idea, what do you think the effect on crimes using a gun would be if we took the guilty and hung them in the public square?

-Geaux

Yeah, that would be a pretty retarded idea, given we've had 142 people who were sent to death row released when it was discovered someone else did it.

10,000 innocent people are convicted of crimes every year due to incompetent lawyers, corrupt cops, etc.

[

-Geaux

Yeah, that would be a pretty retarded idea, given we've had 142 people who were sent to death row released when it was discovered someone else did it.

10,000 innocent people are convicted of crimes every year due to incompetent lawyers, corrupt cops, etc.

Acceptable risk

-Geaux

[

-Geaux

i need to see proof of this bullshit allegation provide a link to your lie !! :up:

Forum List

Back