Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Adam Lanza... Joker Holmes...Jared Loughner...

All brought to you by the NRA.

NRA: 100,000 new members after Sandy Hook shooting - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

NRA: 100,000 new members after Sandy Hook shooting

Read more: NRA: 100,000 new members after Sandy Hook shooting - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

By KATIE GLUECK | 1/10/13 9:35 AM EST
The National Rifle Association has gained more than 100,000 new members in the past 18 days, the organization told POLITICO’s Playbook on Thursday.

The number of paid new members jumped from 4.1 million to 4.2 million during that time.

The NRA is about as good for Children as NAMBLA.

Nambla teaches safety, personal responsibility to take care of oneself and one's family and personal accountability that you are responsible for what you do with a weapon in every way at all times?

Wow, who knew? I thought they were a bunch of child molesters...

The NRA are a bunch of child killers..

I am curious why liberals like making up having been in the military. You obviously have never been around guns. You've never seen one except in a holster on a cop's belt, which made you feel secure that government had guns.

I know it started with Kerry, that somehow liberals in the military bolster your attitudes that the military supports your efforts to undermine them and get them killed with stupid engagement rules and by your supporting our enemies. But at this point it's pretty clear it's meaningless. Liberals don't care who says liberalism and no one else believes that what you are saying is more relevant because you made up having been in the military.

Simplistic Idiot quote of the week...

"The NRA are a bunch of child killers.."

It's always the gun with you and never personal responsibility or the warped society that has created youth with no morals, no discipline, and a lack of respect for elders and society. Which in turn makes them sociopaths as adults.
From Paul Harvey, written in 1965...
If I were the devil I would encourage schools to refine young intellects, but neglect to discipline emotions — just let those run wild, until before you knew it, you’d have to have drug sniffing dogs and metal detectors at every schoolhouse door.

This is what a permissive and "progressive" society have brought us.

Colorado Recall Results: Democratic State Senators Defeated In Major Victory For NRA

Colorado Recall Results: Democratic State Senators Defeated In Major Victory For NRA

WASHINGTON -- The first recall election in Colorado's history on Tuesday marked a stunning victory for the National Rifle Association and gun rights activists, with the ouster of two Democrats -- Senate President John Morse (Colorado Springs) and state Sen. Angela Giron (Pueblo). The two lawmakers were the target of separate recall fights over their support for stricter gun laws earlier this year.

"The highest rank in a democracy is citizen, not senate president," Morse said in his concession speech, as his supporters solemnly watched, some shedding tears.

What originally began as local political fallout over the Democratic-controlled legislature's comprehensive gun control package quickly escalated into a national referendum on gun policy. Morse and Giron both voted in favor of the legislation, signed into law by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) in March, which requires background checks for all firearm purchases and bans ammunition magazines over 15 rounds.

absolutlely

now Colorado is staging another recall

When a pair of Colorado lawmakers were recalled last month in a referendum on gun control, opponents had this to console them: At least, they said, the twin defeats did not alter the balance of power in Denver, the state capital.

Now gun rights advocates are looking to change that.

Organizers have received official go-ahead to start gathering signatures in a bid to oust state Sen. Evie Hudak, a Democrat from the Denver suburb of Westminister, who was the target of a failed recall petition drive earlier this year. The group, certified by Colorado's secretary of State, has until Dec. 3 to collect just over 18,900 signatures to force a vote.

The stakes: control of the state Senate, which Democrats hold by a tenuous 18-17 edge.

Hudak, who is in her second term, was one of four lawmakers originally targeted after the Democratic-controlled Legislature passed a series of sweeping gun controls in response to mass shootings last year in Aurora, Colo., and Newtown, Conn. The measures, signed into law by Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper, include a requirement for universal background checks and a limit on ammunition magazines like the one used in the July 2012 theater shootings in Aurora, another suburb of Denver.

Stakes grow in new Colorado gun control recall effort - latimes.com

All the Dems need is to pick up a few seats in the House next year, a few in the following elections. Another major killing spree, a radical group of Dems who are going to Washington to do the "will of their constituents". Wait for the government funding bill to expire and the debt ceiling to expire and then the fun begins.

No debts paid, no running government UNLESS more gun control is put in place.

It would be so cool to see the Rethgus go fucking bat shit crazy.

your jowls are soaking wet with slobber in the hopes of

another massacre most likely in a gun free zone

currently dems across the country are getting removed

through re call elections precisely for toting more gun control

I raised my kids up in the next town, Brookfield. If you're seriously not going to vacation in the US because of crime in Northern Fairfield County then you're not increasing the having a clue quotient of your posts.

So where do you vacation where the chance of a crime happening is actually zero? This should be good...

Nothing will ever be zero chance, geez, you're stupid.

But I wouldn't go to Mexico either, it's even more dangerous. Nothing personal. Clean up your act and I'll reconsider.

Actually you are, you just showed that. I asked you where you were going to vacation in the US, and you picked Northern Fairfield county less than 10 miles from where I lived for years, one of the safest areas in the country. Then as you said, "nothing will be zero."

Your point is obviously political, not safety which is why I'm mocking you. And you keep showing that. Sandy Hook was in the news, so you picked that having no idea of what you're talking about. Actually not having made up a cousin who lives near Newtown would have been a better move because if you did they would have told you how safe that area is.

Your point is obviously delusionary as you think you live in a safe country. Poor you. You sound like you suffer from PTSD. Get some help.

Nothing will ever be zero chance, geez, you're stupid.

But I wouldn't go to Mexico either, it's even more dangerous. Nothing personal. Clean up your act and I'll reconsider.

Actually you are, you just showed that. I asked you where you were going to vacation in the US, and you picked Northern Fairfield county less than 10 miles from where I lived for years, one of the safest areas in the country. Then as you said, "nothing will be zero."

Your point is obviously political, not safety which is why I'm mocking you. And you keep showing that. Sandy Hook was in the news, so you picked that having no idea of what you're talking about. Actually not having made up a cousin who lives near Newtown would have been a better move because if you did they would have told you how safe that area is.

Your point is obviously delusionary as you think you live in a safe country. Poor you. You sound like you suffer from PTSD. Get some help.

Your point is obviously delusionary as you live in a delusion. The US is a big, diverse country. You're an International leftist who sees this as a cheap political trick for cheap political points. Where you screwed up is you picked the biggest name in the news recently to fabricate your point around, and it happens to be one of the safest areas in the country. I happened to live right by there for many years, but if you'd checked with any knowledgeable American on that one before you made up your point they'd have told you to pick somewhere else.

Then when I asked where you were going on vacation that is 100% safe, you walked right into the trap and said nowhere is. I've spent a lot of time working in Europe, so I already knew international leftists are no different than American leftists, it was easy pickings.

BTW, I do like your plan to vacation somewhere else. We have enough of you people over here already.

It's always the gun with you and never personal responsibility or the warped society that has created youth with no morals, no discipline, and a lack of respect for elders and society. Which in turn makes them sociopaths as adults.
If I were the devil I would encourage schools to refine young intellects, but neglect to discipline emotions — just let those run wild, until before you knew it, you’d have to have drug sniffing dogs and metal detectors at every schoolhouse door.

So you don't like Liberty. Oh well.

Here's another, far more pertinent part of that article (and btw your quote version is from 1996):

>> If I were the devil, I'd soon have families at war with themselves, churches at war with themselves and nations at war with themselves until each, in its turn, was consumed. And with promises of higher ratings, I'd have mesmerizing media fanning the flames. <<

As for "undisciplined emotions" -- just have a look around this forum, especially when any gun topic comes up. One guy in Carolina put up a thread announcing a gun show here and when I said thanks but no thanks he demanded "get your ass out of my fucking state right fucking now", so yeah tell me about undisciplined emotions...

when I said thanks but no thanks he demanded "get your ass out of my fucking state right fucking now", so yeah tell me about undisciplined emotions...

And that bothers you ... when it's not a liberal saying it ...

You'll have credibility for this only when you say it to someone who you don't disagree with. In the mean time, it's the mantra of every liberal, do as I say, not as I do ...

It's a perk I have not belonging to either of you pathetic political parties. When Republicans are for banning abortion, using the military for non-defense purposes and that sort of thing, I jump right in and go for them, I do that all the time, particularly on those two topics. If you ever disagree with your side, we know only by your silence on the matter.

Last edited:

Here's another, far more pertinent part of that article (and btw your quote version is from 1996):

>> If I were the devil, I'd soon have families at war with themselves, churches at war with themselves and nations at war with themselves until each, in its turn, was consumed. And with promises of higher ratings, I'd have mesmerizing media fanning the flames. <<

As for "undisciplined emotions" -- just have a look around this forum, especially when any gun topic comes up. One guy in Carolina put up a thread announcing a gun show here and when I said thanks but no thanks he demanded "get your ass out of my fucking state right fucking now", so yeah tell me about undisciplined emotions...

I would like to know how raising youth with discipline is against Liberty. I read the entire Paul Harvey article and as much as I didn't care for the Religious aspect of it, there were some pretty good insights and predictions for some 48 years ago. The quote you added further shows what insight he had as both parties and the media fan the flames. You fell for one side of it.
Congratulations...your indoctrination is complete.:clap2:

when I said thanks but no thanks he demanded "get your ass out of my fucking state right fucking now", so yeah tell me about undisciplined emotions...

And that bothers you ... when it's not a liberal saying it ...

Don't presume to tell me "what bothers me". Nor did I indicate that. It was an illustration of undisciplined emotion. It's not even a political comment. Why do you need to make shit up?

You'll have credibility for this only when you say it to someone who you don't disagree with. In the mean time, it's the mantra of every liberal, do as I say, not as I do ...

Uhh... I don't need your permission for credibility. Get over yourself.

It's a perk I have not belonging to either of you pathetic political parties. When Republicans are for banning abortion, using the military for non-defense purposes and that sort of thing, I jump right in and go for them, I do that all the time, particularly on those two topics. If you ever disagree with your side, we know only by your silence on the matter.

What gives you the idea I'm with a political party? How do you find a way to inject this into the comment at all? Again, why do you make shit up?

Rhetorically masturbate much?

I would like to know how raising youth with discipline is against Liberty. I read the entire Paul Harvey article and as much as I didn't care for the Religious aspect of it, there were some pretty good insights and predictions for some 48 years ago. The quote you added further shows what insight he had as both parties and the media fan the flames. You fell for one side of it.
Congratulations...your indoctrination is complete.:clap2:

"Liberty" there is contrasted with your "permissive and progressive". It was "permissive and progressive" philosophy that created this country: the Liberty to be permitted to say what one wants, to follow the religion one chooses. That was progress over the constraints of the church-state. The idea was leaving those choices to We the People. It's a double-edged sword.

My choice of the media quote was pointedly on the topic. And yes I share your concerns about Harvey's religious fallacies, so mind your assumptions. :thup:

Law abiding gun owners = white middle class......so liberals want to take their guns.

Criminals with guns = blacks, Hispanics and white trash....so liberals don't intend to attack their voting base.

How can any normal person be against heavily regulating weapons? Like the NRA prez who thinks that you combat gun violence with more guns. He's obviously insane. No?

How can any normal person be against heavily regulating weapons? Like the NRA prez who thinks that you combat gun violence with more guns. He's obviously insane. No?

I hear ya. When someone points a gun at you, stick a daisy in the barrel. Problem solved.

Try reading the op and commenting on the actual question rather than pontificating on how life works in your fairy land.

I hear ya. When someone points a gun at you, stick a daisy in the barrel. Problem solved.

Try reading the op and commenting on the actual question rather than pontificating on how life works in your fairy land.

Keeping guns from criminals? Try regulating them a lot better. Don't let anyone just walk in and buy guns for cartels and whatnot. Get a proper grip on the industry. NORMAL PEOPLE don't need assault weapons either.

Keeping guns from criminals? Try regulating them a lot better. Don't let anyone just walk in and buy guns for cartels and whatnot. Get a proper grip on the industry. NORMAL PEOPLE don't need assault weapons either.

The 2nd amendment specifically protects weapons that are of use in use or useful to the military. At least try to be original.

The 2nd amendment specifically protects weapons that are of use in use or useful to the military. At least try to be original.

Gee, I didn't realize that your constitution was written in stone. Try evolving. That's what living organisms do, just like the constitution has undergone some changes since it was first written. The US has a problem with gun violence, try to come up with an original idea to counter it.

Gee, I didn't realize that your constitution was written in stone. Try evolving. That's what living organisms do, just like the constitution has undergone some changes since it was first written. The US has a problem with gun violence, try to come up with an original idea to counter it.

A fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent is not a problem. Do the math. As for overall violence Germany France Great Britain and Canada all have more violence then the US.

The Courts have ruled that the second is an individual right and that military type weapons are protected by the 2nd, you don't like it? get an amendment pasted Congress and approved by 37 States.

Forum List

Back