Kellyanne Conway: Leftist media trying to erase this Presidency

Who determines what is and isn’t a lie? The political leader? There are countries where speaking badly about a leader is punishable.

Then there is the second problem. We have problem a president reflexively lies about anything and everything. Not exaggeration to sell policy, not mistaken assumptions, not even lies of omission, just flat out whoppers that most Americans don’t know what to make of. Why lie about things when there is no need? When it can be so easily refuted? The media doesn’t know how to handle it, they are loath to call it lying...his supporters handle it by doubling down on the everyone is out to get Trump them rather then examining the real issue: Trumps pathological lies and the utter lack of any accountability. The rest of the country just flails away unable to comprehend what is happening. Blatant lying is becoming normalized as part of his “authenticity”

When the president lies....who do you punish?

All good points. Who is to say if something is a lie?

Well there would have to be quantifiable measurements before hand.

For example, Obama said that he would put the debate on health care live on CSPAN. Not doing so was an obvious lie.

He also said that our premiums would go down so many thousands of dollars with no change in coverage/doctor. Again, another obvious lie.

However, if he said that it would reduce costs, that is a hard thing to prove or disprove seeing that we can't see what would have happened without it.
But but but Obama. Thought we were talking about Trump?
I thought we were talking about being lied to by our government officials.

My bad.

Ok, Impeach Trump!

Happy?

Who determines what is and isn’t a lie? The political leader? There are countries where speaking badly about a leader is punishable.

Then there is the second problem. We have problem a president reflexively lies about anything and everything. Not exaggeration to sell policy, not mistaken assumptions, not even lies of omission, just flat out whoppers that most Americans don’t know what to make of. Why lie about things when there is no need? When it can be so easily refuted? The media doesn’t know how to handle it, they are loath to call it lying...his supporters handle it by doubling down on the everyone is out to get Trump them rather then examining the real issue: Trumps pathological lies and the utter lack of any accountability. The rest of the country just flails away unable to comprehend what is happening. Blatant lying is becoming normalized as part of his “authenticity”

For example, Obama said that he would put the debate on health care live on CSPAN. Not doing so was an obvious lie.

He also said that our premiums would go down so many thousands of dollars with no change in coverage/doctor. Again, another obvious lie.

However, if he said that it would reduce costs, that is a hard thing to prove or disprove seeing that we can't see what would have happened without it.

My bad.

Ok, Impeach Trump!

Happy?
I am not calling for impeachment unless actual evidence of an impeachable crime is found.

But it is interesting to see the complete cognitive dissonance from Trumpers when it comes to lying.

You told me to "stop being silly". My post addressed the truth about countries Trump does business with and does not have a ban on, even though some of those countries have inflicted more damage on our country than those he banned. I have not addressed the percentages. That is your cowardly diversion, to escape debating what you told me I was being silly about.
It isn’t a diversion, as you well know. Trump does business with the same countries most of the West does business with and has done business with for decades.
And there was still no muslim ban as close to 90% of the worlds muslims were not banned. That you think that’s irrelevant illustrates you are simply another sufferer of TDS.
We'll, Trump and the rest of the west better get their heads out of the sand, because they banned the wrong ones. Saudia Arabia and the Emirates are the biggest threat, both before and now, because they have the means. This isn't about percentages. This is about accuracy, and Trump missed the target.
Nope. He hit the targets but didn’t cut off his nose to spite his face,just like the rest of the West and Obama before him. Your TDS is making you ridiculously blinkered, same as the leftard media.
Saudia Arabia combined has killed more Americans on American soil then all of the banned countries. Trump missed the target.
Everyone, including Obama, misses that target, for obvious reasons.
Doesn’t mean you ignore other nations who are in chaos and cannot provide intel on their people who want to move to the West.
I’m sure you must be able to understand this, but your TDS is blinding you, and you are embarrassing yourself as a result.
No one is suggesting 'ignoring other nations", just targeting the right one's. Trump's money interests are what caused him to miss the target.

As for Obama and getting Bin Laden, that target was a bulls eye.

It isn’t a diversion, as you well know. Trump does business with the same countries most of the West does business with and has done business with for decades.
And there was still no muslim ban as close to 90% of the worlds muslims were not banned. That you think that’s irrelevant illustrates you are simply another sufferer of TDS.
We'll, Trump and the rest of the west better get their heads out of the sand, because they banned the wrong ones. Saudia Arabia and the Emirates are the biggest threat, both before and now, because they have the means. This isn't about percentages. This is about accuracy, and Trump missed the target.
Nope. He hit the targets but didn’t cut off his nose to spite his face,just like the rest of the West and Obama before him. Your TDS is making you ridiculously blinkered, same as the leftard media.
Saudia Arabia combined has killed more Americans on American soil then all of the banned countries. Trump missed the target.
Doesn’t mean you ignore other nations who are in chaos and cannot provide intel on their people who want to move to the West.
I’m sure you must be able to understand this, but your TDS is blinding you, and you are embarrassing yourself as a result.
No one is suggesting 'ignoring other nations", just targeting the right one's. Trump's money interests are what caused him to miss the target.

And what did Obama do about Saudi Arabia?

He got the guy from Saudia Arabia, Osama Bin Laden. And he didn't engage in private business transactions with the Saudi's that would put him in a compromising situation.

My bad.

Ok, Impeach Trump!

Happy?
I am not calling for impeachment unless actual evidence of an impeachable crime is found.

But it is interesting to see the complete cognitive dissonance from Trumpers when it comes to lying.

I'm more impressed with the cognitive dissonance of lying to voters in general.

I guess it's OK so long as Trump is not doing it.

My bad.

Ok, Impeach Trump!

Happy?

Yea, well we know he didn't lie about this; https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/1998-trump-people-quote/

My bad.

Ok, Impeach Trump!

Happy?

It is a given that all politicians lie, yes?

Is there a point for you when lying is unacceptable or over the top?

My bad.

Ok, Impeach Trump!

Happy?

As I keep saying, people tend not to get too upset with lies so long as it does no harm to people. The more harm it does the more it pisses you off. You could say a billion lies that no one much cares about but only lie once about something important, like health care, and people will never forgive you for it.

My bad.

Ok, Impeach Trump!

Happy?

As I keep saying, people tend not to get too upset with lies so long as it does no harm to people. The more harm it does the more it pisses you off. You could say a billion lies that no one much cares about but only lie once about something important, like health care, and people will never forgive you for it.
I disagree. When someone habitually lies it casts doubt into everything they say or do.

He got the guy from Saudia Arabia, Osama Bin Laden. And he didn't engage in private business transactions with the Saudi's that would put him in a compromising situation.
He continued to engage in business on a gvmnt level.
Did he sanction them?
Did he rip them a new one?
Nope.
He did accept over a million dollars in gifts, but other than that he did nada, just like the rest of the West, so quit your selective outrage, it’s so transparent.

upload_2018-8-14_2-27-56.jpeg

upload_2018-8-14_2-29-34.jpeg

upload_2018-8-14_2-30-0.jpeg

Trump is killing it and Americans right and left know it.
Yes...he is killing truth.
And making us more rich and powerful than ever before.

We're gonna need more truth killers.
Not seeing all that power and wealth. Maybe because it is concentrated in so few.
Check the Dow, wage increases, tax cuts, tax revenues, unemployment rates, etc.

Economic indicators are the bane of your argument.

Not seeing all that power and wealth. Maybe because it is concentrated in so few.

Wages are still largely stagnant, that is the odd wrench in the economic works.

For most U.S. workers, real wages have barely budged in decades

Let's play dueling links.

'Main Street is roaring': Wages are rising, survey says

While ignoring the rest of the indicators. :)

Amid news the Boston Globe is leading a 100-newspaper crusade against President Trump over his criticism of the corporate media, White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway said the “virulently anti-Trump” media demonizes the president every day.

Kellyanne Conway: Leftist Media ‘Trying to Erase This Presidency’
--------------------------------------------------

Which explains why the left are so dumbed down they haven't a clue about reality.

Trump does that all on his own.

My bad.

Ok, Impeach Trump!

Happy?

When one lies about having anything to do with Russia, and not knowing anyone who does, while asking Russia to find 30,000 emails by Clinton, proves to me that there was an active campaign to pursue an illegal election through Russia. Those lies were damaging.

Let's play dueling links.

'Main Street is roaring': Wages are rising, survey says

While ignoring the rest of the indicators. :)
Wages are rising? Lol! Sure they are. And I saw a unicorn in my backyard; ttps://www.businessinsider.com/missouri-governor-lowers-minimum-wage-2017-7

He continued to engage in business on a gvmnt level.
Did he sanction them?
Did he rip them a new one?
Nope.
He did accept over a million dollars in gifts, but other than that he did nada, just like the rest of the West, so quit your selective outrage, it’s so transparent.

View attachment 210197

View attachment 210198

View attachment 210199
Where is your proof he got a million dollars in gifts? Or are we going to catch you lying again?

Forum List

Back