Kellyanne Conway: Leftist media trying to erase this Presidency

Who determines what is and isn’t a lie? The political leader? There are countries where speaking badly about a leader is punishable.

Then there is the second problem. We have problem a president reflexively lies about anything and everything. Not exaggeration to sell policy, not mistaken assumptions, not even lies of omission, just flat out whoppers that most Americans don’t know what to make of. Why lie about things when there is no need? When it can be so easily refuted? The media doesn’t know how to handle it, they are loath to call it lying...his supporters handle it by doubling down on the everyone is out to get Trump them rather then examining the real issue: Trumps pathological lies and the utter lack of any accountability. The rest of the country just flails away unable to comprehend what is happening. Blatant lying is becoming normalized as part of his “authenticity”

When the president lies....who do you punish?

All good points. Who is to say if something is a lie?

Well there would have to be quantifiable measurements before hand.

For example, Obama said that he would put the debate on health care live on CSPAN. Not doing so was an obvious lie.

He also said that our premiums would go down so many thousands of dollars with no change in coverage/doctor. Again, another obvious lie.

However, if he said that it would reduce costs, that is a hard thing to prove or disprove seeing that we can't see what would have happened without it.

Who determines what is and isn’t a lie? The political leader? There are countries where speaking badly about a leader is punishable.

Then there is the second problem. We have problem a president reflexively lies about anything and everything. Not exaggeration to sell policy, not mistaken assumptions, not even lies of omission, just flat out whoppers that most Americans don’t know what to make of. Why lie about things when there is no need? When it can be so easily refuted? The media doesn’t know how to handle it, they are loath to call it lying...his supporters handle it by doubling down on the everyone is out to get Trump them rather then examining the real issue: Trumps pathological lies and the utter lack of any accountability. The rest of the country just flails away unable to comprehend what is happening. Blatant lying is becoming normalized as part of his “authenticity”

Over 100 Newspapers Collude To Decry Trump's "Dirty War On The Free Press"
https://www.zerohedge.com/users/tyler-durden

2018-08-12_10-44-24.jpg

And you can't figure out why you are fed the lies and TOLD WHAT TO BELIEVE , not what " you" believe. INdoctrinaiton is the gov. best friend.

After 4000 plus confirmed lies in 558 days, it takes a walking dead retard not to want to question Trump.
Yea, it takes a bunch of walking dead retards on the Right to ignore 4000 plus lies.

I've already asked three or four times while these Trump cowards ignore the question, brought what on themselves, and what is the "fake news"? "Doubling down" on what?
So far, it' the Trump apologists on this thread who have been lying and are embarrassing themselves. Answer the question cowards, or you are all liars.

What question?
The question about the media's "fake news". What is it? The Right is so busy making those claims, while Trump has compiled over 4000 plus fake news lies himself, in 558 days. Am I missing an apples to apples comparison here?

Ahhh...simple and it pertains to exaggeration. If I say, I can run a 4.4 40-yard dash but I really run a 4.47, did I "lie", sure but it wasn't all that significant. Trump exaggerates here and there but they are not "lies". Not like Bush with his weapons of mass destruction or Clinton with Lewinsky. That is the problem with the "Fake News". They make mountains out of mole hills. It is like the boy who cried wolf. When/If some real scandal happens no one will believe them.

If CNN reported right now that DJT is a serial killer, 50% of the country would not believe them. At least 50%. This is because CNN has lost a lot of credibility.

This is purely my opinion. I hope this answers your questions. And enough with identity politics. I am a registered independent who voted for Bill Clinton and Al Gore. I did not vote for BHO the first time because I thought McCain deserved my vote due to him being a vet. I didn't vote for BHO the 2nd time due to his excessive spend.
No, it doesn't. 66% are false to pants on fire. Donald Trump's file That, in no way has any resemblance to 4.4 to 4.7 exaggerations in the 40 yard dash. It just is what it is. A mountain of lies, and there is no other way to slice it.

One thing that most should know about Trump is, whatever he does is the biggest and best.

Sure, it is a lie at times but it is also self promotion, which got him where he is today.
You are exhibit A, of the devolving of the human brain. Folks, unfortunately, there is a percentage of the population who have fallen victim to the Gatorade.
No, it doesn't. 66% are false to pants on fire. Donald Trump's file That, in no way has any resemblance to 4.4 to 4.7 exaggerations in the 40 yard dash. It just is what it is. A mountain of lies, and there is no other way to slice it.

Give me specific examples. Just a couple that are that egregious. I saw the same web site. Not one caught my eye as being so bad that I gasped. He also Tweets a ton so he is exposing himself more than all other presidents combined.
What happened to the 3 million illegals voting, that was never proven? What was up with the inaugural lie about the crowd size? Trump said he has no business with Russians, and knows no one who does. Really? He fired Flynn for lying about Russia. We could go on and on. Do you really want to go down that road?

Trump's deplorables do not care about his constant lying. Video evidence of him admiring to Russian collusion could surface and these ass clowns still wouldn't care.

All they care about is that he beat Hilary, undoing all that Obama (even the good things), holding brown people in detention centers and brought merry Christmas back ( even though it never went anywhere).
Trump's deplorable's were so shell shocked from 8 years of a president being the "other", and not them, that they threw all their deplorable qualities in the direction of Donald Trump. He represented everything they hated and feared in this country, and were willing to follow this con man to his illegal election win.

And you are right. They really do not care what he does. Even if it goes against their own interests, as long as it hurts those "others".

And what did Trump do? He took advantage of that anxiety by mounting a gigantic business opportunity for himself, while embarking on a big racist campaign against the "others". He brought out the worst of people in this country. And now that they are vested in him, nothing he does bothers them. They look the other way with all his lies and criminal liability. It will be decades before this country recovers from this manufactured disaster.

What racist campaign? Here is what the voters saw.

#1) Historic debt levels
#2) Massive corporate inversions.
#3) Russia growing in strength (took Crimea without any resistance)
#4) US being friendlier to Iran than Israel
#5) Stagnant wages
#6) Iran mocking our military and us apologizing to them and then Benghazi.
#7) Massive rise in tuition costs
#8) Gov't telling people that they won't butt into gender identity or same sex marriage but will tell small business owners how much they have to pay their employees = critical supreme court nominations coming.
#9) ACA was disastrous.
#10) Rise of BLM

They wanted a change. Trump beat 16 other GOP candidates and garnered 306 delegates. Most media outlets stated he had no path to 270. People who don't like him point to racism, etc. But he won because enough people wanted a change. I live in Boston, so my vote as was pointed out is meaningless. But can you not logically see that my points are salient? Without ad hominems.
"NO"! Because your points are not valid. His "racist campaign was one of, "I assume some are fine people". I hear that, and if I'm Mexican, you're a racist. No manner of explaining that would be good enough.

Bush tax cuts didn't end until 2012, while we never felt the relief of the tax cuts going to the wealthy, while investing that revenue in tax deferred accounts. That was a Republican policy continued by Trump, that hiked the deficit another $2 trillion dollars.

"Russia growing in strength". And Obama implemented sanctions, while Trump wants them lifted. If there was ever strength to be gained by Russia, it was Trump wanting to lift sanctions.

As for Iran, the Iran deal was working. A policy by Obama that was dismantled by Trump because it was Obama's policy. Now we are in worse relations with Iran.

"Stagnant wages" is a direct result of 50 years of tax cuts by Reagan going to the wealthy, keeping wages flat; Introducing Ed's 'vulture chart'

Who apologized for Iran? Can you produce a link of us doing that?

And what about Benghazi?

The Left has pushed for free or reduced tuition for years, eliminating life long debt for students.

Why would the government need to but into gender identity?

Can you live off $7.25 an hour?

20 million people benefited from ACA. What was the disaster?

And the 'rise of BLM"? Have you ever heard of institutionalized racism from section 8 housing?

They wanted a change. Trump beat 16 other GOP candidates and garnered 306 delegates. Most media outlets stated he had no path to 270. People who don't like him point to racism, etc. But he won because enough people wanted a change. I live in Boston, so my vote as was pointed out is meaningless. But can you not logically see that my points are salient? Without ad hominems. Trump was the recipient of an illegal election: The Election Was Stolen – Here’s How... - Greg Palast, , New Cambridge Analytica revelations connect Trump Russia dots

Nobody. Obama proved that a president lying was definitely not punishable as that nig lied over and over and got away with it. The media would cover for him, ignore it, twist it, anything to help him out.

If trump would say it was 85 degrees at the white house and it was 84 the MSM would run 8 fucking stories about how he lied. They tried to defend Obama saying he didn't lie saying you could keep your doctor citing a few Americans who could. It's complete utter and opposite treatment of two presidents.

When the media don't hold presidents of BOTH parties to the same standard, then "free press" is no longer free and is no longer the press.
Most Americans COULD keep their doctor, was it a lie or an exaggeration or not knowing the full effects of the policy? Those kind of lies go on in politics all the time whether it is Obama or Bush or Reagan.

But why lie about such easily verifiable stuff? Crowd sizes? Anything and everything.

Trump’s Lies vs. Your Brain
All presidents lie. Richard Nixon said he was not a crook, yet he orchestrated the most shamelessly crooked act in the modern presidency. Ronald Reagan said he wasn’t aware of the Iran-Contra deal; there’s evidence he was. Bill Clinton said he did not have sex with that woman; he did, or close enough. Lying in politics transcends political party and era. It is, in some ways, an inherent part of the profession of politicking.

But Donald Trump is in a different category. The sheer frequency, spontaneity and seeming irrelevance of his lies have no precedent. Nixon, Reagan and Clinton were protecting their reputations; Trump seems to lie for the pure joy of it. A whopping 70 percent of Trump’s statements that PolitiFact checked during the campaign were false, while only 4 percent were completely true, and 11 percent mostly true. (Compare that to the politician Trump dubbed “crooked,” Hillary Clinton: Just 26 percent of her statements were deemed false.)

I've noticed that, too. If I flip channels from CNN to Fox to PBS to CBS, the lead stories are all basically the same most nights. It might be that everyone is getting their news from the same White House Press Corps, AP and Reuters. They don't do a lot of interesting reporting on their own anymore. More's the pity.

The press has an agenda, that much is clear, but we can both agree it is not to inform us properly.

Why then are you defending them and attacking Trump for pointing this crap out?
What is the fake news? I ask this for the second time for the cowards on the Right?

Fake news is lying news.

I suppose you have the source of all truthiness when it comes to news.

Who do you listen to?

Would you like to make a bet?
I say Trump has lied more than the press.
Analysis | President Trump has made 4,229 false or misleading claims in 558 days
All of the Washington Post's listed lies/misleading statements by Trump are verified and not one lie or misleading statement on the list has been debunked by Trump, Trump's team or supporters.
So, that means, you have to come up with more "fake news" than Trumps "fake statements".

SNOPES. LOL

39094230_2202939493066865_3205581109458894848_n.jpg
Didn't we already count you as a liar one time?

Trump is erasing his own presidency

History will do the rest

If you read the article, you can tell me. Iraq is not seven countries, for starters.
If the media is reporting that Trump has instituted a ban on all Muslims, you were not reading a credible source. I did not read that anywhere. I do remember Trump saying, while he was still a candidate, that he wanted "a total and complete shutdown" of the entry of Muslims to the United States "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

Since when is Madonna a reporter?
It was referred to by the left wing media as a racist MUSLIM BAN when approx 90% of the worlds muslims weren’t included in it.
On the opinion page, sure.
I don't feed into news that slanted.
It’s irrelevant what you ‘feed into’ - whatever that means.
The media has been gunning for Trump since the day he announced his candidacy, and they went full on deranged retards 24/7 following his election.
The whole world is watching this, and It’s only Leftards who pretend not to notice because they need to feed their TDR and anything will do.

Respect and trust in the US media is at an all time low, I believe, and they totally brought this on themselves. Now they’re doubling down and I’m pretty sure they are going to lose this ‘war’, which they thoroughly deserve.
It’s time for the media to stop embarrassing themselves and to start acting like impartial honest adults, but I’m not holding my breath.
I think a lot of them already are acting like impartial honest adults, and the Right needs to accept that much of the criticism of Trump is fairly deserved. This is not an all one sided problem, Tilly.
Not that I’m seeing. There are even articles out there from authors who admit they despise Trump, but also admit the Lefty media are damaging themselves with their overt bias and literal histrionics.
And No, I’m not looking for links. If you’re interested enough they aren’t hard to find.
They aren't there, and you are a liar. Another one bites the dust.

Amid news the Boston Globe is leading a 100-newspaper crusade against President Trump over his criticism of the corporate media, White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway said the “virulently anti-Trump” media demonizes the president every day.

Kellyanne Conway: Leftist Media ‘Trying to Erase This Presidency’
--------------------------------------------------

Which explains why the left are so dumbed down they haven't a clue about reality.

Coming from an Administration who’s primary goal from inception has been to erase the prior administration....I find this laughable, don’t you?

What I find laughable is that one side is only concerned with lying when their side is out of power.

What say you? Should there be a political price to pay for lying? If so, what?

If not, why bother us?
Republicans wouldn't be a party if there was a price to pay.

Nobody. Obama proved that a president lying was definitely not punishable as that nig lied over and over and got away with it. The media would cover for him, ignore it, twist it, anything to help him out.

If trump would say it was 85 degrees at the white house and it was 84 the MSM would run 8 fucking stories about how he lied. They tried to defend Obama saying he didn't lie saying you could keep your doctor citing a few Americans who could. It's complete utter and opposite treatment of two presidents.

When the media don't hold presidents of BOTH parties to the same standard, then "free press" is no longer free and is no longer the press.
Most Americans COULD keep their doctor, was it a lie or an exaggeration or not knowing the full effects of the policy? Those kind of lies go on in politics all the time whether it is Obama or Bush or Reagan.

But why lie about such easily verifiable stuff? Crowd sizes? Anything and everything.

All presidents lie. Richard Nixon said he was not a crook, yet he orchestrated the most shamelessly crooked act in the modern presidency. Ronald Reagan said he wasn’t aware of the Iran-Contra deal; there’s evidence he was. Bill Clinton said he did not have sex with that woman; he did, or close enough. Lying in politics transcends political party and era. It is, in some ways, an inherent part of the profession of politicking.

But Donald Trump is in a different category. The sheer frequency, spontaneity and seeming irrelevance of his lies have no precedent. Nixon, Reagan and Clinton were protecting their reputations; Trump seems to lie for the pure joy of it. A whopping 70 percent of Trump’s statements that PolitiFact checked during the campaign were false, while only 4 percent were completely true, and 11 percent mostly true. (Compare that to the politician Trump dubbed “crooked,” Hillary Clinton: Just 26 percent of her statements were deemed false.)

Let's not go down the road of the Clinton defense, "Define is".

We all know the difference between saying that you WILL be able to keep your own doctor to saying MOST will be able to keep their own doctor.

And he did not just say it once, he did it over, and over, and over again saying the same words

Either suck it up and throw him under the bus for it or tuck your tail between your legs and leave this thread knowing you don't really care about lying. You just want your party back in power.

Amid news the Boston Globe is leading a 100-newspaper crusade against President Trump over his criticism of the corporate media, White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway said the “virulently anti-Trump” media demonizes the president every day.

Which explains why the left are so dumbed down they haven't a clue about reality.

Coming from an Administration who’s primary goal from inception has been to erase the prior administration....I find this laughable, don’t you?

What I find laughable is that one side is only concerned with lying when their side is out of power.

If not, why bother us?

Republicans know how to party, how about you?

2018-08-12_10-44-24.jpg

And you can't figure out why you are fed the lies and TOLD WHAT TO BELIEVE , not what " you" believe. INdoctrinaiton is the gov. best friend.

We all know the difference between saying that you WILL be able to keep your own doctor to saying MOST will be able to keep their own doctor.

And he did not just say it once, he did it over, and over, and over again saying the same words

Either suck it up and throw him under the bus for it or tuck your tail between your legs and leave this thread knowing you don't really care about lying. You just want your party back in power.

So you can’t or won’t address the constant ridiculously blatant lying from Trump?

All you can do is but but Obama and dredge up that?

No. I am not leaving this thread.

How long can you tolerate that level of lying?

What's silly about it? That silly link happens to be a truth you can't challenge.
No, what’s silly is the fact that you’re ignoring that close to 90% of the worlds muslims were not banned.
You told me to "stop being silly". My post addressed the truth about countries Trump does business with and does not have a ban on, even though some of those countries have inflicted more damage on our country than those he banned. I have not addressed the percentages. That is your cowardly diversion, to escape debating what you told me I was being silly about.
It isn’t a diversion, as you well know. Trump does business with the same countries most of the West does business with and has done business with for decades.
And there was still no muslim ban as close to 90% of the worlds muslims were not banned. That you think that’s irrelevant illustrates you are simply another sufferer of TDS.
We'll, Trump and the rest of the west better get their heads out of the sand, because they banned the wrong ones. Saudia Arabia and the Emirates are the biggest threat, both before and now, because they have the means. This isn't about percentages. This is about accuracy, and Trump missed the target.
Nope. He hit the targets but didn’t cut off his nose to spite his face,just like the rest of the West and Obama before him. Your TDS is making you ridiculously blinkered, same as the leftard media.
Saudia Arabia combined has killed more Americans on American soil then all of the banned countries. Trump missed the target.

All good points. Who is to say if something is a lie?

Well there would have to be quantifiable measurements before hand.

For example, Obama said that he would put the debate on health care live on CSPAN. Not doing so was an obvious lie.

He also said that our premiums would go down so many thousands of dollars with no change in coverage/doctor. Again, another obvious lie.

However, if he said that it would reduce costs, that is a hard thing to prove or disprove seeing that we can't see what would have happened without it.
But but but Obama. Thought we were talking about Trump?

If not, why bother us?

Republicans know how to party, how about you?
"Lol! "Republicans know how to party" about lying, and I'm not in that party.

I knew someone would show up with that stupid line. Obama said "you can keep your doctor". He should have said, "you can keep your doctor" as long as Republicans don't try and hijack the program by taking away medicaid expansion.

If you are trying to predict the outcome of something....you can’t be certain. You can present hoped for outcomes and the most optimistic forecasts. Is that a lie? Maybe by omission but typical of politicians and hard to prove as a deliberate attempt to deceive.

But what about statements like these?

Sen Kamala Harris is supporting the animals of MS13
That his 2018 Defense Authorization bill raised military pay for the first time in ten years?

Or, when the NYT did a story on the NK summit, using statements from a senior Administration official in an open press briefing in the Whitehouse press room...Trump tweets

"The Failing @nytimes quotes ‘a senior White House official,’ who doesn’t exist, as saying ‘even if the meeting were reinstated, holding it on June 12 would be impossible, given the lack of time and the amount of planning needed.’ WRONG AGAIN! Use real people, not phony sources."

Or claiming he never said Russia did not meddle in elections when countless statements by him say otherwise.

Or claiming that the white nationalist demonstrators in Charlottesville had a permit but the counter protesters did not?

Or that he did not know Steve Bannon before his campaign?

No, what’s silly is the fact that you’re ignoring that close to 90% of the worlds muslims were not banned.
You told me to "stop being silly". My post addressed the truth about countries Trump does business with and does not have a ban on, even though some of those countries have inflicted more damage on our country than those he banned. I have not addressed the percentages. That is your cowardly diversion, to escape debating what you told me I was being silly about.
It isn’t a diversion, as you well know. Trump does business with the same countries most of the West does business with and has done business with for decades.
And there was still no muslim ban as close to 90% of the worlds muslims were not banned. That you think that’s irrelevant illustrates you are simply another sufferer of TDS.
We'll, Trump and the rest of the west better get their heads out of the sand, because they banned the wrong ones. Saudia Arabia and the Emirates are the biggest threat, both before and now, because they have the means. This isn't about percentages. This is about accuracy, and Trump missed the target.
Nope. He hit the targets but didn’t cut off his nose to spite his face,just like the rest of the West and Obama before him. Your TDS is making you ridiculously blinkered, same as the leftard media.
Saudia Arabia combined has killed more Americans on American soil then all of the banned countries. Trump missed the target.
Everyone, including Obama, misses that target, for obvious reasons.
Doesn’t mean you ignore other nations who are in chaos and cannot provide intel on their people who want to move to the West.
I’m sure you must be able to understand this, but your TDS is blinding you, and you are embarrassing yourself as a result.

Forum List

Back